Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Appeal to Furnish address and Photograph

An Appeal to Furnish address and Photograph

Friend,

This is to bring to the kind notice of all the members of the Site that compliance of identification of members is necessary. For this purpose full address along with copy of passport size photograph may be added immediately to one's profile. Those who have already done so, may ignore this note.

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (March 11th, 2014), AryanPoonia (April 16th, 2015), Prikshit (March 10th, 2014), rskankara (March 8th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (March 5th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (March 5th, 2014), saurabhjaglan (March 6th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014), sunnytewatia (March 7th, 2014)

Rajpal Ji,

I am not sure how passport photo or address will help us remove spam as it can be faked.

I would rather suggest asking people to add LinkedIn profiles/Facebook instead of address. Additionally we may also look at adding Facebook API or LinkedIn API for easy logging in, and verification. Details are below:
    Facebook API: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/
    LinkedIn API: http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/sign-linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,

This is to bring to the kind notice of all the members of the Site that compliance of identification of members is necessary. For this purpose full address along with copy of passport size photograph may be added immediately to one's profile. Those who have already done so, may ignore this note.

Thanks and regards
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (March 11th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (March 11th, 2014), Prikshit (March 10th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 8th, 2014), rskankara (March 8th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (March 8th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014), swaich (March 8th, 2014)

And why should we disclose our address on a social networking website? What is the guarantee that it won't be misused by hackers?

Verifying member details are fine, but asking for address is a little too much IMHO.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pawandahiya For This Useful Post:

cooljat (March 11th, 2014), deshi-jat (March 8th, 2014), desijat (March 8th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 8th, 2014), ygulia (March 9th, 2014)

And Consequences of Identification Compliance Violation ........would be.............

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (March 8th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (March 11th, 2014), Prikshit (March 10th, 2014)

Vikas, I think, this is a workable solution..... or Fake means every where fake....

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Rajpal Ji,

I am not sure how passport photo or address will help us remove spam as it can be faked.

I would rather suggest asking people to add LinkedIn profiles/Facebook instead of address. Additionally we may also look at adding Facebook API or LinkedIn API for easy logging in, and verification. Details are below:
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (March 11th, 2014), anilsangwan (March 10th, 2014), desijat (March 10th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (March 11th, 2014), Prikshit (March 10th, 2014)

Rajpalji, fake ki kaalli na manno..

Itihaas arr purane member gawah sein aade.... fake profile alyan ke thyaate shaat, ki dhaal latte padya karein yhaade.
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (March 11th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (March 11th, 2014), spdeshwal (March 11th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    And Consequences of Identification Compliance Violation ........would be.............
    Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 11th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (March 12th, 2014), skharb (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014)

Rajpal Ji,

These and many more methods may be considered but verifiable identity is a must, so I am directed to convey to all valued members of the site.

What necessitated it :

Some of the members have left location ------blank------ or written Hindustan/Europe or Janpath etc.

This is not sufficient information.

For verification it is necessary for the site management to have tangible information.

I dont know how it helps but I have updated mine- no more amrika.

I would still say if we can integrate ourselves with Facebook, LinkedIn we can get locations and display pictures easily.

These and many more methods may be considered but verifiable identity is a must, so I am directed to convey to all valued members of the site.

What necessitated it :

Some of the members have left location ------blank------ or written Hindustan/Europe or Janpath etc.

For verification it is necessary for the site management to have tangible information.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014)

What necessitated it :

Gaon- Majra ( Dubhaldhan), Tehsil Beri, House no-104, Paana- Bimyaan.

I know you selectively picked it from my profile. Let me know if you need something else like father, grand father's name, my height, weight or my tongue or retina print, killo ki farad etc etc. Relax now!!
    Last edited by Samarkadian; March 11th, 2014 at 10:40 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (March 12th, 2014), desijat (March 12th, 2014), pankajpotaliya (May 8th, 2014), shivanidhama (March 11th, 2014), skharb (March 12th, 2014), soniadabas (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014), vicky84 (March 12th, 2014)

But what if you travel often?

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

I know you selectively picked it from my profile. Let me know if you need something else like father, grand father's name, my height, weight or my tongue or retina print, killo ki farad etc etc. Relax now!!

"Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!"

Ji Swaal toh kitne puchwa lo ......" I Am told " .....so this is not part of some Compliance document etc rather was instructed

Anyways What would be last date of updating this Personal Information ......To be very Precise .....I am seriously not Comfortable sharing my Personal Information ( that too address ) to anyone who I do not know personally .

Also one more Curious question .......if any of this information would be misused in any form by anyone via JL .......who would be taking ONUS for same and who would be held accountable for it .......
    JL ADMIN OR JL MEMBERS

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

soniadabas (March 12th, 2014), vicky84 (March 12th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

Friend,

Your presumption is ill-founded as you mistook the meaning/purpose of the post with example. So kindly read it again as it does not ask for your personal data !

You are a very senior honourable member of the site and also wiki moderator for a long time.

But I am pained to state that instead of appealing to the members of the site to cooperate on the issue, you have taken offence on the issue without any valid reason. Not furnishing the required information is for those who have not done it earlier.

N.B.

The last two lines are undesirable because these only display your hurt ego and nothing else, so you are requested to edit them please !
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 12th, 2014 at 09:00 AM.

I dont know how it helps but I have updated mine- no more amrika.

I would still say if we can integrate ourselves with Facebook, LinkedIn we can get locations and display pictures easily.
    Thanks for providing a verifiable alternative way.

But what if you travel often?
    Friend, You know very well that permanent address remains same under such conditions.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

skharb (March 12th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    "Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!"

Ji Swaal toh kitne puchwa lo ......" I Am told " .....so this is not part of some Compliance document etc rather was instructed

Anyways What would be last date of updating this Personal Information ......To be very Precise .....I am seriously not Comfortable sharing my Personal Information ( that too address ) to anyone who I do not know personally .

Also one more Curious question .......if any of this information would be misused in any form by anyone via JL .......who would be taking ONUS for same and who would be held accountable for it .......
    JL ADMIN OR JL MEMBERS
    All the members including yourself could read conditions to be fulfilled by members and the site policy :http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...nt-PLEASE-READ

Friend,

Thanks and regards
    Questions
    1. But how this compliance can deal the validation part that the full address and passport size photograph is not a fake one, the purpose of which is projected as "necessary identification of members".

I hope Rajpalji might not come up with another idea to email him a scanned self attested copy of listed photo identity cum adress proof id and then put a tag alongwith profile name as "Validated".

2. How can JL safeguard personal information like 'Passport size photograph". Eg. One can right click & save (RS Kankaraji's or Rajendra Kumar Kalkhandeji's or Col Prem Singh Sangwan, Sanjeev Balyan, Anurag Sunda, Laxman Burdak) picture and misuse it in obtaining a mobile sim/firearm liscense etc.

Disclaimer: I'm totally against putting a PP size photograph, and request members to remove them from their profiles (a few names i mentioned above) and rather put the one's which are non-standard photographs (like Samar, Prikshit, Prashant, vikas dhankhar, phool kumar)
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

desijat (March 12th, 2014), Prikshit (March 12th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 12th, 2014), rskankara (March 12th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014), swaich (March 12th, 2014)

True.... lesson learned..... always better to use non-standard size photographs... , thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Questions
    1. But how this compliance can deal the validation part that the full address and passport size photograph is not a fake one, the purpose of which is projected as "necessary identification of members".

I hope Rajpalji might not come up with another idea to email him a scanned self attested copy of listed photo identity cum adress proof id and then put a tag alongwith profile name as "Validated".

2. How can JL safeguard personal information like 'Passport size photograph". Eg. One can right click & save (RS Kankaraji's or Rajendra Kumar Kalkhandeji's or Col Prem Singh Sangwan, Sanjeev Balyan, Anurag Sunda, Laxman Burdak) picture and misuse it in obtaining a mobile sim/firearm liscense etc.

Disclaimer: I'm totally against putting a PP size photograph, and request members to remove them from their profiles (a few names i mentioned above) and rather put the one's which are non-standard photographs (like Samar, Prikshit, Prashant, vikas dhankhar, phool kumar)
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

31. The Following User Says Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (March 12th, 2014)

For a long time, participation/membership was going too slow here on Jatland.
    Now with the Lok Sabha elections round the corner, I see more logins here and more people participating.
    With these new directives what do we want to achieve? Restrict the membership or what? Why?

I had been a Mod/Admin for close to 5 years and in those years too there were fakes/trolls coming in but they could easily be identified and banned.
    What is the problem now?
    Why this sudden urge to furnish all these details?
    I too would have to give a second thought to this.

Reason : Sometime back I had put up the profile of my niece in the Matrimonial section and had mentioned my mobile number as well to contact.
    I received a call from some Matrimonial Service Provider from Gurgaon and when I inquired the female calling where she got my number from, she told they bought data from some company!
    I did not put my number there to receive such unsolicited calls. It was there only for some serious response from compatible Jat match.

So, I am not for furnishing my details here on the site.

regards,
    bharti.
    ज़िन्दगी तो अपने ही दम पर जी जाती है... औरों के कन्धों पर तो जनाज़े ही उठा करते हैं - शहीद भगत सिंह

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bharti For This Useful Post:

cooljat (March 12th, 2014), desijat (March 12th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 12th, 2014), rskankara (March 12th, 2014), ssgoyat (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    For a long time, participation/membership was going too slow here on Jatland.
    Now with the Lok Sabha elections round the corner, I see more logins here and more people participating.
    With these new directives what do we want to achieve? Restrict the membership or what? Why?

I had been a Mod/Admin for close to 5 years and in those years too there were fakes/trolls coming in but they could easily be identified and banned.
    What is the problem now?
    Why this sudden urge to furnish all these details?
    I too would have to give a second thought to this.

Reason : Sometime back I had put up the profile of my niece in the Matrimonial section and had mentioned my mobile number as well to contact.
    I received a call from some Matrimonial Service Provider from Gurgaon and when I inquired the female calling where she got my number from, she told they bought data from some company!
    I did not put my number there to receive such unsolicited calls. It was there only for some serious response from compatible Jat match.

So, I am not for furnishing my details here on the site.

regards,
    bharti.
    To add to it, website format has tab for LOCATION, not for address.

Providing a phone number in phone number tab is more troublesome for female members. It shall not be visible in profile.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (March 12th, 2014), desijat (March 12th, 2014), rekhasmriti (March 12th, 2014), rskankara (March 12th, 2014), ssgoyat (March 12th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (May 11th, 2014)