Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Control drinking?

How to Control drinking?

Seeking your valuable suggestions on how to stop/control drinking ?
    I find brothers in all castes , love in all religions. This whole world is my family .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to saurabhjaglan For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by saurabhjaglan View Post
    What a contrasting thread after your earlier thread, "How to be Super Husband?". Drinking certainly will deprive you from being a Super Husband. You strong desire to become a Super husband will certainly help you in stopping/ controlling drinking. You have to loose either of the two. Now its your decision.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

aryasatyadev (October 25th, 2019), cooljat (March 30th, 2014), deveshdahiya (July 8th, 2014), Prikshit (March 31st, 2014), rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014), RTEWATIA (December 19th, 2017), shivamchaudhary (March 31st, 2014), ssgoyat (March 30th, 2014), vicky84 (March 31st, 2014), vijaykajla1 (June 11th, 2014)

ha ha.... good point you have raised bro ..... The success of a suggestion depends upon the clarity in understanding of the habit. In my mind "Stopping and controlling (reducing the levels) are two different thing and needs different approach. Anyway will-power is primary requirement for both. Is n't it?
    Last edited by rskankara; March 29th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

saurabhjaglan (March 31st, 2014)

If one decides and remains firm on his resolve, the drinking habit may be kept under control.

To stop it needs next stage resolve only if the first succeeds.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014), saurabhjaglan (March 31st, 2014)

shaadi ke side effects
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

ashe (September 2nd, 2014), rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014), rskankara (March 30th, 2014)

Respected Sir,

These days we are facing a very common issue in our villages i.e the younger generation is addicted to drinking .
    This is what I mean to say.

Pls Don't correlate my threads in a negative way.

Thanks for your reply,

Saurabh Jaglan

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    What a contrasting thread after your earlier thread, "How to be Super Husband?". Drinking certainly will deprive you from being a Super Husband. You strong desire to become a Super husband will certainly help you in stopping/ controlling drinking. You have to loose either of the two. Now its your decision.

RK^2
    I find brothers in all castes , love in all religions. This whole world is my family .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to saurabhjaglan For This Useful Post:

These days we are facing a very common issue in our villages i.e the younger generation is addicted to drinking .
    गांवों और कस्बो, खासकर ncr में गुडगाँव, में शराब की आदत जमीन बिकने से आई है. बिना मेहनत का पैसा आया और सरकार ने किसानो का जीना हरम कर दिया है.

तो इन इलाको में ये कर सकते है की इनसे पैसे ले लिए जाये .. किसी भी स्कीम में डलवा कर, या जमीनों का पेमेंट पैसो में न किया जाये.
    दूसरा चाहे कितनी ही एजुकेशन इनको दे दी जाये, ये लोग जब तक मेहनत से नहीं कमाएंगे इनको इसकी लत छुड़वाना आसन ना होगा.

अब तो प्रॉपर्टी डीलिंग में ये बहुत विकराल रूप ले रही है. इस बिज़नस को गवर्नमेंट द्वारा रेगुलेट करना चाहिए.

बहुत सी बाते हो सकती है करने के लिए. मगर अगर जड़ को ही ख़तम कर दिया जाये तो कैसा रहे.
    सभी दारु शराब के ठेकों को बंद कर दो ... कुछ दिन तो रोना पीटना रहेगा फिर लम्बी शांति कायम हो जाएगी.
    Regards

Shiv K. Chaudhary
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. .

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shivamchaudhary For This Useful Post:

deveshdahiya (May 23rd, 2014), rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014)

Self control is the panacea to get rid of drinking as the saying goes :charity begins at home.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014), rekhasmriti (June 21st, 2014)

Respected Sir,

Pls Don't correlate my threads in a negative way.

Thanks for your reply,

Saurabh Jaglan
    Few points if taken in to care from beggining can immensely help is eradication of this bad habit.
    1. More indulgence is sports activities.
    2. Education and awareness.
    3. Set examples in front of kids
    4. Communication gap should not be there
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (March 31st, 2014), saurabhjaglan (March 31st, 2014)

Awesome man.....Worth reading ur suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Few points if taken in to care from beggining can immensely help is eradication of this bad habit.
    1. More indulgence is sports activities.
    2. Education and awareness.
    3. Set examples in front of kids
    4. Communication gap should not be there

20. The Following User Says Thank You to saurabhjaglan For This Useful Post:

if in youth its found to be a habit then only cause is loose parenting.if the were trained morally and had some fear of bapu's danda there is no chance of someone going near to theka.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to pankajpotaliya For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (May 9th, 2014)

Addiction of anything is bad .......out body is already dependent on air, water N food .....adding one more .......disastour .

I would vote for Self control & Awareness .

Please note boozing is not bad .....uncontrolled definitely is ......

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

amankadian (September 2nd, 2014), Prikshit (June 23rd, 2014)

My personal experience

I used to drink 4 days in a week. Wednesday to Saturday. I enjoyed a lot 5-6 years. And now I don't. Even it's not good for my health when I drink, Blood pressure go. It make me awake whole night.

Why I am not habitual it? there could be following reasons

1. Because I have a lot of work. I don't waste hours for just drink. So keep yourself busy with other works.
    2. I keep away myself from drinking place( Pub, Night club, Bar).
    3. I do gym and it make me happy every day. Also guide me stay off from drinking.
    4. Watch some movies, play some games in free time.

I can say its very easy to control drinking. Wo log kabi daru nhi chod sakte jo tolli main beith ke pite ho.

So asie gang bazi se dur raho.
    Last edited by amankadian; September 2nd, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to amankadian For This Useful Post:

RTEWATIA (December 19th, 2017)

As told by Prikshit, Dr. Rajpal and Aman Kadian, these methods do help in controlling one's addiction. Alongwith that,

1. Indulge yourself in physical workout like yoga, exercise, running/jogging which is free of cost.
    2. Eat chewing gum or mouth fresheners like elaichi/saunf.
    3. Intake of apple shake in milk is a strong booster to keep you away from alcohol.
    4. Stay connected to nature as admiration to serene beauty also helps a lot.
    5. Discuss your tensions/personal problems within the family who has ear to it, otherwise keep yourself engaged by the activities that keeps you happy and does not affect your health.

This is all once applied at de-addiction rehab center by team in co-ordination with psycholgists.

यम आएगा साकी बनकर साथ लिए काली हाला
    पी न होश में फिर आएगा सुरा- विसुध ये मतवाला ,
    ये अंतिम बेहॊशि, अंतिम साकी, अंतिम प्याला है;
    पथिक, प्यार से पीना इसको , फिर न मिलेगी मधुशाला i
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    ........ फिर न मिलेगी मधुशाला i
    wah-wah! Lekin yahan Bachhan Ji ki Madhushala ki gup-shup nahi ho rahi

I think the topic of this discussion should be: How to stay in senses when you are drunk or Effective use of drinks to socialize with people or How to start a Car-O- Bar with your friends? There is no need to control drinking but the no. of pegs one takes at a time matters. Ati har cheez ki buri hoti hai and same applies to drinks as well. No means No, say No when you reach to your limit. If you don't know your limit then believe me no one else is going to decide it for you.

Be a social drinker not bewda.

बारिश की बूँदे, ठंडी हवाओं के झोंके खींच ले जाए तुम्हारे क़दमों को मयख़ाने की ओर;
    तो बेवड़े हो तुम।।
    तन्हाइयाँ, बेवफ़ाइयाँ और रुसवाइयाँ अगर हो ज़ेहन में, साक़ी और जाम हो गर हाथ में;
    तो बेवड़े हो तुम।।
    क़दमों में लड़खड़ाहट, साँसो में घबराहट, लबों पर ख़ुश्की और आँखो की लाली बयाँ करे हाल तुम्हारा;
    तो बेवड़े हो तुम।।
    राह चलते ख़ुद से बातें करना, गली के कुत्तों से यारी करना, याद रखना बस ठिकाने मयख़ाने के;
    तो बेवड़े हो तुम।।
    आफ़ताब के उज़ाले में, महताब की सफ़ेद रोशनी में गर दिल-ए- ख़्वाहिश हो ज़ाम में डूब जाने की,
    तो यक़ीन मानिये बेवड़े हो तुम।।
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    I think the topic of this discussion should be: How to stay in senses when you are drunk or Effective use of drinks to socialize with people or How to start a Car-O- Bar with your friends? There is no need to control drinking but the no. of pegs one takes at a time matters. Ati har cheez ki buri hoti hai and same applies to drinks as well. No means No, say No when you reach to your limit. If you don't know your limit then believe me no one else is going to decide it for you.

Be a social drinker not bewda.
    hehe.....era 90's kid please read thoughts of Saurabh ji again in his first post.....he is clearly talking about ADDICTION, and not layman CONTROL.

Also, whether you write word "BEWDA" in English/Hiindi, it means the same. Poetry likne ki zaroorat hi nahi thi ispar. Anyways, space to kha gaye aap. I feel drunkard is more sophisticated to write/speak. Else you can also say Sharaabi.

Thanks, for opening our eyes on this thread clarity!

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    hehe.....era 90's kid
    I have a name too
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    I have a name too
    .....but that defines your personality and I really like such open minds. So, can I call you again "era 90's kid"?

polite request ki hai, do not get angry