Thread: Is Stress Contagious or not

Is Stress Contagious or not

In a recent study it has been revealed that stress is contagious as seeing ones loved ones in stress the onlooker also starts feeling stressed.

Log to study full report :http://www.wtop.com/267/3615368/Stre...us-study-finds

Kindly share your expertise/experiences and views on the issue.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 5th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    In a recent study it has been revealed that stress is contagious as seeing ones loved ones in stress the onlooker also starts feeling stressed.

Why only loved ones, even negative news on TV and newspapers induces stress. I stooped reading news papers almost three years back. Also I have stopped watching Arnav Goswami's noisy programs as most of them are nothing but nuisance. Wish there is portal and news paper where there are only positive news and balanced analysis of events. Sress in most cases is externally induced.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 3rd, 2014), hemanthooda (May 5th, 2014), Prikshit (May 5th, 2014), rajpaldular (May 5th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Why only loved ones, even negative news on TV and newspapers induces stress. I stooped reading news papers almost three years back. Also I have stopped watching Arnav Goswami's noisy programs as most of them are nothing but nuisance. Wish there is portal and news paper where there are only positive news and balanced analysis of events. Stress in most cases is externally induced.

RK^2
    Good analysis and personal experiences.

Thanks for sharing.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

It is known since long time that anxiety, depression, etc. are contagious. Mental health is also as important as physical health. Unfortunately, rural areas of country have complete lack of mental health facilities

Last edited by deshi-jat; May 5th, 2014 at 06:37 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 5th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 5th, 2014), Prikshit (May 5th, 2014), rajpaldular (May 5th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    It is known since long time that anxiety, depression, etc. are contagious. Mental health is also as important as physical health. Unfortunately, rural areas of country have complete lack of mental health facilities
    You are right.

Under the circumstance the question arises how to control the depression and stress in the rural area !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Not sure whether it is contagious or not, but indeed very harmful, must be dealt with care to come out of it easily.
    THE SUITCASE (An eye opening story):
    A man died, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand. God said: Alright son it’s time to go. Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans... I'm sorry but it’s time to go. What do you have in that suitcase? The man asked. God answered: Your belongings My belongings? You mean my things, my clothes and my money? God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.
    - Is it my memories? The man asked. God answered: those never belonged to you, they belonged to time.
    - Is it my talents? God answered: those were never yours they belonged to the circumstances.
    - Is it my friends and family? God answered: I'm sorry they were never yours they belonged to the path.
    - Is it my wife and son? God answered: They were never yours they belonged to your heart.
    - Is it my body? God answered: that was never yours it belonged to the dust.
    - Is it my soul? God answered: No that is mine. Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from god and opened it just to find out the suitcase was empty. With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything??? God answered: That is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment. A moment that belongs to you.
    For this reason enjoy this time while you have it. Don't let anything that you think you own stop you from doing so - Live Now - Live your life - Don't forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters. - Material things and everything else that you fought for, stay here. - YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING
    Enjoy every second you live...
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (May 7th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (May 5th, 2014), rajpaldular (May 5th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Not sure whether it is contagious or not, but indeed very harmful, must be dealt with care to come out of it easily.
    THE SUITCASE (An eye opening story):
    A man died, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand. God said: Alright son it’s time to go. Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans... I'm sorry but it’s time to go. What do you have in that suitcase? The man asked. God answered: Your belongings My belongings? You mean my things, my clothes and my money? God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.
    - Is it my memories? The man asked. God answered: those never belonged to you, they belonged to time.
    - Is it my talents? God answered: those were never yours they belonged to the circumstances.
    - Is it my friends and family? God answered: I'm sorry they were never yours they belonged to the path.
    - Is it my wife and son? God answered: They were never yours they belonged to your heart.
    - Is it my body? God answered: that was never yours it belonged to the dust.
    - Is it my soul? God answered: No that is mine. Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from god and opened it just to find out the suitcase was empty. With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything??? God answered: That is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment. A moment that belongs to you.
    For this reason enjoy this time while you have it. Don't let anything that you think you own stop you from doing so - Live Now - Live your life - Don't forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters. - Material things and everything else that you fought for, stay here. - YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING
    Enjoy every second you live...
    You deserve kudos for beautifully summing up the essence of life !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (May 5th, 2014)

if we look about 30 40 years back when the rural or say the agricultural society wasnt been effected by stress and stress induced anomalies but as the urben influnce incresed and sply intro of tv in rural area is resposible for the stress induction .they are the root cause but as per situation we cant control these agents.so however impractical it seems counceling through trained individual in the specific area is a good solu.gramsevaks can be trained for this pourpose. also if sarpanch takes the matter seriously he can educate people about the issue and ppl over there are intelligent enough to turn back and readopt some of the social festivals and practices and other activities like local games which they stopped organising in wake of pseudo urbanization.socializing ,celebrating and healthy competitive activities are real stressbusters whether it be rural or urban area.
    or the other option are the pills which will eventually increase your bills and in turn induce more stress .
    You are right.

Under the circumstance the question arises how to control the depression and stress in the rural area !