Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Huge Fall in active posting at JL..

Huge Fall in active posting at JL..

Never seen such an inactivity esp during poll times at JL. Its disappointing and sad.But lets hope it will increase as per the site's spirit.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

amankadian (May 17th, 2014), cooljat (May 12th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Never seen such an inactivity esp during poll times at JL. Its disappointing and sad.But lets hope it will increase as per the site's spirit.
    One of the reasons may be this. Since most of the active participants belong to the region where elections were held at an earlier phase. They had participated very actively including yourself because the elections in Haryana, Delhi and western UP held for us something of attraction to comment upon but as they ended at the earlier stage, the interest of these members in the rest of electioneering activities dwindled to a large extent.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

skharb (May 12th, 2014)

Lightbulb

I strongly believe the reason for this is too much moderatorship or dictatorship, it's killing the very spirit of Jatland. I'm here for more than 10 years and seen all sort of moderatorship. There was a prerequisite for every moderator to be less active when he is in the role of Mod but now it's other way round.

Too much moderatorship, deleting of legit posts, editing someone's posts without author's consent and putting his own views rather poking nose in every other thread etc took the interest away from precious intellect members. This is alarming and if no steps are taken to prevent the damage, JL is destined to die untimely, sad to say but I'm feeling the same.

They say Mods job is thankless .. I fully agree to the quote but at the same time members posts are not paid either.

PS - Hope this post do not get deleted.

Cheers
    - Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

bharti (May 13th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), jksangwan (May 13th, 2014), pankajpotaliya (May 31st, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), rekhasmriti (June 21st, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (May 15th, 2014), ssgoyat (May 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 12th, 2014), vijaykajla1 (June 12th, 2014), vikasJAT (May 29th, 2014), ygulia (May 13th, 2014)

reasons for low turnout here:

few ran away because of lack of fresh jokes..
    few more ran away due to bjp-congress battle and bitter views of each other..
    few ran away due to few bullish representatives of comdt hawa singh sangwan ji .. who tried making every effort to make cong win in all 10 seats

reasons for less participation on political threds:
    also everyone here on this forum(except desijat and 3-4 others) understands the modi wave and knows
    that he will form the govt. rest are in shock now.

u keep changing your views (reservation) and loyalities (inld vs cong vs bjp vs baba ramdev vs aap and so on) like me, so you are around like me

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunnytewatia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014)

just my two paisa
    when jatland asked for passportport size photos for members its a tuglaaqee farmaan from site owneres.why should i give my location and who iam i am just a jat.if owner thinks we are not jats theymcan bane us

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to agodara For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 13th, 2014), vijaykajla1 (June 12th, 2014)

IT is all leela's fault, he and his jeli is missing from action.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atamjeet78 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 13th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by agodara View Post
    just my two paisa
    when jatland asked for passportport size photos for members its a tuglaaqee farmaan from site owneres.why should i give my location and who iam i am just a jat.if owner thinks we are not jats theymcan bane us
    Many years back I too ran a persuasive campaign to have photographs. Responses was heartening.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...mar+photograph

With some imagination, even a dry looking topic can be made interesting. Problem is that Jatland lost a big talent pool it used to have earlier. Part of the reason is because of facebook and also some bitter fights we had on Jatland.

Jatland can be made an effective platform for meaningful debates as mainstream media is loosing sheen as its most of the time biased and paid. lately people like me find it sickening to watch media debates which are high in decibel but poor in contents. However, to achieve this we need a critical mass of talent pool. May be we analyse the outcome of elections in a meaningful manner.

RK^2
    Last edited by rkumar; May 13th, 2014 at 02:08 AM.
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (May 15th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

I strongly believe the reason for this is too much moderatorship or dictatorship, it's killing the very spirit of Jatland. I'm here for more than 10 years and seen all sort of moderatorship. There was a prerequisite for every moderator to be less active when he is in the role of Mod but now it's other way round.

Too much moderatorship, deleting of legit posts, editing someone's posts without author's consent and putting his own views rather poking nose in every other thread etc took the interest away from precious intellect members. This is alarming and if no steps are taken to prevent the damage, JL is destined to die untimely, sad to say but I'm feeling the same.

They say Mods job is thankless .. I fully agree to the quote but at the same time members posts are not paid either.

PS - Hope this post do not get deleted.

Cheers
    - Jit
    Yes I agree, few people show Intellectual Dictatorship here--- they like to comment on each and every topic--- its seems they are pinched by others sharing their views here-- they like to dominate here---which is not good.
    POWER IS THE ABILITY TO DO GOOD THINGS FOR OTHERS.
    WE MUST LEARN TO LIVE TOGETHER AS BROTHERS OR PERISH TOGETHER AS FOOLS.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jksangwan For This Useful Post:

cooljat (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (August 27th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014), ssgoyat (May 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 13th, 2014), vijaykajla1 (June 12th, 2014)

ladte raho aaps me.koi bhi jat ka naam lahne ke kabil nahi rahega next centurie main.keep fighghing

I can speak to what i experienced and why I have reduced my participation.

I joined Jatland when it was probably seeing its best time, a lot of jat meets took place but then a few members decided to go personal, started spreading regionalism, things like UP Vs Haryana became wide stream and of course- groupism. I discontinued.

In my second innings the groupism was gone but every member in itself was a group, too much generalization, judging of people by their political inclinations, personal attacks. Believe it or not, I have received messages and calls full of filthy words. Then a couple of members who were my friends turned cold shoulders on facebook because I did not suit their political taste, their loss though.

Everything on Jatland will resolve if we start talking to people like a family and debate to learn and not to win, if your brother votes for Congress and you want to vote for BJP- it is not a reason enough for you brother him your father or curse him, is it?
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

bsbana (May 31st, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014)

Why are you so scared to post your picture though I agree to post a picture should be optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by agodara View Post
    just my two paisa
    Yoginder Gulia

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014)

I was very active in the beginning but with the passage of time I noticed that quality of discussion of topics has gone down drastically. People have a set goal to derail any discussion because their affiliation to a particular group or party is more important than the topics of discussion. I also agree up to a large extent with Jit's comments.
    Yoginder Gulia

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014)

Main drawback of jaat community is to fight with each other to show thier dominancy on each other instead to discuss meaning fully of any problem. There is less unity that not good.....
    Ideas shape the course of history......

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manjeet137 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), SUKHDEEPTI (March 15th, 2017)

Possible reasons could be
    1) Area of interest is not discussed.
    2) To avoid controversy and presonal arguments.
    3) People might be busy these days.
    4) Too much of JL exp in the past.
    5) May be too many threads and to less to discuss.
    6) Perhaps people are dormant till 16th MAY.

Well it is said that some members are being abused in some way or other for keeping their views. It is sad.

Jat unity is the much debated topic since day one, we have improved on it, but long long way to go. We may differ in our opinions, but we should stay united all the times.

Jai JAT/JAAT/JATT
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), lrburdak (May 14th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014)

hay dear u have sung lengthy songs for congres also. u are equally responsible for making the discussions boring. hae he hey hey he hey
    Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    I can speak to what i experienced and why I have reduced my participation.

I joined Jatland when it was probably seeing its best time, a lot of jat meets took place but then a few members decided to go personal, started spreading regionalism, things like UP Vs Haryana became wide stream and of course- groupism. I discontinued.

In my second innings the groupism was gone but every member in itself was a group, too much generalization, judging of people by their political inclinations, personal attacks. Believe it or not, I have received messages and calls full of filthy words. Then a couple of members who were my friends turned cold shoulders on facebook because I did not suit their political taste, their loss though.

Everything on Jatland will resolve if we start talking to people like a family and debate to learn and not to win, if your brother votes for Congress and you want to vote for BJP- it is not a reason enough for you brother him your father or curse him, is it?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnytewatia For This Useful Post:

cooljat (May 14th, 2014)

Jats discuss politics more than any other community in community gatherings and Chaupals etc. It is surprising that Jats are silent presently. May be we have become wise and waiting for the final outcome.
    Laxman Burdak

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

agodara (May 13th, 2014), cooljat (May 13th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (May 13th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 13th, 2014), Prikshit (May 13th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 13th, 2014), skharb (May 13th, 2014), ssgoyat (May 13th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 13th, 2014), vijaykajla1 (June 12th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by manjeet137 View Post
    Main drawback of jaat community is to fight with each other to show thier dominancy on each other instead to discuss meaning fully of any problem. There is less unity that not good.....
    arre na bhai ...............jat bhaichara strong h ............discuss meaning dominancy nahi h ...ye nature h jat ki....... .... .be positive .
    Last edited by skharb; May 13th, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skharb For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (May 14th, 2014), Prikshit (May 14th, 2014)

Ek bat te se, JL ki janta ek thread ki ae batt dekh rhi thi, mere batte lukke baithe the, thread shuru hoya aur do din se participation manifold ho gyi. Credit goes to Samar
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

desijat (May 14th, 2014), hemanthooda (May 14th, 2014), rekhasmriti (June 21st, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 14th, 2014), skharb (May 14th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 14th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    Ek bat te se, JL ki janta ek thread ki ae batt dekh rhi thi, mere batte lukke baithe the, thread shuru hoya aur do din se participation manifold ho gyi. Credit goes to Samar

सही बात भाई |
    अब सारे के सारे पॉलिटिशियन तो ना है | यहाँ पर भड़ास निकालने का अवसर मिला है तो पीछे रहने का के फायदा |

महाबला महावीर्या महासत्यपराक्रमा: |
    सर्वांगे क्षत्रिया जट्टा देवकल्पा दृढ़व्रताः ||

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SandeepSirohi For This Useful Post:

hemanthooda (May 14th, 2014), Prikshit (May 14th, 2014), skharb (May 14th, 2014), sunnytewatia (May 14th, 2014)

This is after peace of election-war. And I feel that it was going to be here. But I hope after 16th May, again coalition-war discussion will pick up.

And another complained by Jit Thakar about too much moderation on this site. I too feel that but even this doesn't stop people. It may have restrained people to throw more poison upon each other.

In this world there will always be "problems" and the most creative thing is to "solve" them. To keep up the site going on, I ask elder people to share their life problems and how they handled it.

Knowledge is always helpful.

Hoping to read some interesting stories here.

Thanks for your support.
    Regards

Shiv K. Chaudhary
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. .

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shivamchaudhary For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (May 15th, 2014), SandeepSirohi (May 15th, 2014)