Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How India Can Attain Position of Super Power in the World

How India Can Attain Position of Super Power in the World

India has made tremendous progress in various fields like Technology, IT, Education, Banking, Trade and Commerce and agricultural sectors since 1947. Yet criminality, greed, nepotism and dishonesty, lack of nationalism and love for easy money and high level of luxurious life also have made their way to nullify the attempt of the motherland to join the band of developed nations of the world as super power in economy and military strength.

Under the prevalent contradictory objective conditions how the desired speed of progress towards making India great in the true spirit of the word could get momentum is one of the greatest questions agitating the mind of every Indian.

Do you foresee if there is some way out to re-kindle spirit of dedication to work, honesty in dealings and sense of patriotism in the near future.

Kindly share your views on the topic: How India Can Attain the Position of Super Power in the World !

History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Thumbs up Very easy

superpower...an inspiring and fascinating word when used for our nation
    but what dose it mean really .the first thought is USA (in most of us)or china for some and ussr for some others.but is that so .if we are planning to be a future superpower will that thinking work.not at all.
    the day we (as a majority) will start thinking of india with its own values and its own philosophy as a superpower , that day will mark the beginning of India emerging as a superpower.
    instead of imitating others the day we will imagine about india as an elephant that neither eats other animals nor gets eaten by others. We should neither threatening nor be defenceless. We should strive to be a superpower in technology, education and lead the world in ideas just as we did from the start of human civilization. I would rather have India known for its Zero or Yoga rather than an India victorious in its massive showdown against China or Pakistan (that doesn't mean we will spare them ,but the impact of india as yoga guru should be brighter)
    if we talk honestly presently India is just another developing nation and only thing that makes it diff from other developing nation is large area and humongous population.
    so its clear that we will need to identify our faults and rectify them in order to attain our goal
    the important ones are
    1)FREEDOM :Not the one attained in 1947 or the one kejriwal is talking but its freedom to prosper,it all starts from mind so freedom of mindset.starts right from choosing subjects of own choice at higher sec level instead of parents forcing , to freedom of questioning the very basic ideas(related to society or science whatever) .
    2)LONG JUMPS:looking at the present condition we have to jump off many in between steps to cope up and get a lead from our competitors. i am talking about technology.as an example we jumped directly to mobile kranti jumping off the landline kranti....simillarly we got to leave behind petrolieum for fuel cell , retali chains for ecommerce,steelstructures for carbon nanotube,and why not wireless electricityas suggested by tesla years ago.
    the good thing of being developing nation is we have not invested enough in conventional technology to worry about resource wastage.
    3)EDUCATION:100 % literacy isn't enough....we are suppose to educate rather then making them literate.traditional university system is surely not enough for a projected population of 300 million illiterates.innovative ways to be found out using the penetrative power of internet and mobiles(superpower is all about using our resources in right way at right time).it may look like a dream but we need a constellation of satellite system with a well equipped optic fiber grid on land to boom the broadband revolution.
    4)MILITARY:Again technology comes in play to sustain the needs of super military of a superpower.we not only have to increase in this field in quantity but more importantly quality.basic requirement will be to develop military technology to such a level that we have 100%indigenous weaponry system and instead of relying on others we should supply weapons to world.this will be most ideal condition strategically for a superpower.
    5)GEO POLITICS:we have to deal with an effective deplomecy in this feild showing a right balance in our kicks and kisses.it will be an important factor for the dream ultima includes the issue of inland unrest too.
    no one will have an impact globally if they are not able to resolve problem in there vicinity
    6)SOCIETY:A Lot is discussed in jatland already but we have to revamp our social structure for the dream.we need to be supersocial and to attain that we don't have to follow someone but to implement the measure of ancient india(remember i am not talking bout medieval india) ,have to go to the basics.....learn from ants and bees
    7)TECHNOLOGY: a basic platform to implement the ideas practically and quickly adopt them in our system is all necessary.for eg a 13 year old girl had an idea of vacuum toilet in indian railway.for her detailed version she was rewarded by then rail minister lalu but the idea was never implemented.many more example of these which force quality technocrats to leave country for other where they get proper acceptance to constructive ideas
    8)ECONOMY:Its one of the major factors for a superpower.we need to have a super strong economy.but i being from science discipline don't have relevant revolutionary ideas to share in this field.but we have plenty of jutlanders to monger on this topic

also a very personal thought when i imagine India becoming a superpower i imagine India to excel in various field ,leed in them and get the desired status not as previous and existing superpowers who excelled in military and war technology to supersede world in other field.that was just looting.we should be the one always preaching the world "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam"
    for many these whole talk will be like a flight in a dream but we will only succeed in becoming superpower if we make true this revolutionary superdream

A very absurd topic in realistic terms but yes after next 200 years there are weak chances. Over all nature of country is cowardliness and forgetfulness so it would be almost same. No guts no glory. Malice to none but offence to all.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (May 15th, 2014), Prikshit (May 15th, 2014)

We can not be super power till even one citizen of the country goes to sleep with empty stomach. Right now, this number is too high...............
    Only those who can feed others can think of becoming a super power.......
    Yoginder Gulia

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 15th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    A very absurd topic in realistic terms but yes after next 200 years there are weak chances. Over all nature of country is cowardliness and forgetfulness so it would be almost same. No guts no glory. Malice to none but offence to all.
    Friend,

Thanks for giving a peep into your thinking and sharing your views on the issue.

Kindly specify what is absurd in the thread topic. Perhaps, the post under reference indicates some absurdity as it fixes the time period as ''after next 200 years'' for attainment of the position of super power that too without assigning any logic ! Therefore, it does not seem agreeable time lag.

We place great hopes on the talent and prowess of human resource of youth of India and wish that India would take its place of pride in the community of nations as a super power in near future. At present it is fast emerging as a super economic power as admitted by all the countries of the world.

Thanks and regards,
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 15th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    We can not be super power till even one citizen of the country goes to sleep with empty stomach. Right now, this number is too high...............
    Friend,

Really this is one of the major hiccups and contradiction in Indian State as the surplus food grains stored by government agencies rots in large quantities and on the other hand many people have to go to bed with empty bellies ! The PDS has to be revamped to streamline fair distribution.

Needless to add that India is fast emerging as one of the professionally trained Human Resource super powers with potentiality of becoming one of the economic super powers not in distant future.

Implementation of all inclusive development model is the need of the hour !

Thanks and regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 15th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.

A better India is the need of the hour, super power we can become after that. Development is a gradual process.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

ha ha ......
    i was thinking in so opp direction as i now think we need to discuss on jatland that whether we can be superpower or not.amazing views will be coming from both sides

could you name any superpower which is totally free of poverty or people sleeping hungry

Super Power means only one country and right now it is US. There is poverty in US but not like India. If any American sleeps empty stomach then he/she has done it by his/her choice because plenty of jobs are available and they are not interested to do work. Lot of facilities are available to jobless (under employed) people in US. There is no such thing in India.

Quote Originally Posted by pankajpotaliya View Post
    could you name any superpower which is totally free of poverty or people sleeping hungry
    Yoginder Gulia

Super Power means only one country and right now it is US. There is poverty in US but not like India. If any American sleeps empty stomach then he/she has done it by his/her choice because plenty of jobs are available and they are not interested to do work. Lot of facilities are available to jobless (under employed) people in US. There is no such thing in India.
    Friend,

The definition of Super Power adopted by you is quite restricted and narrow as you assume that America has been single Super Power for ever. If I am not mistaken before disintegration of USSR, there were two Super Powers.

Therefore, in this age of global neck break competitive world, there exists space for more countries to emerge at the top and get recognised as super powers in the arena of Economy or Arsenal.

Thanks and regards,

To attain the cherished goal of making India Great Power, we have to cultivate work culture in place of lethargy and build national character in place of nourishing petty self interests.

Moreover, let us immediately leave sense of despondency, pessimism and despair on the gloomy spectacle of the country and start contributing our humble bit to make it great. This can be done by every Indian each according to his capacity and need of the nation. The methods may vary but not the aim viz to do something that enhances the position and image of the country in the eyes of everyone whether he/she be Indian or a foreigner !

If example is to be taken, take the case of rise of Germany after two World Wars and of course, of Japan after the Second World War. Both have risen from literally ashes and fast emerging again as Economic Giants !!!!
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; May 15th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

you are very right sir but those were not the conditions when usa was under the industrial revolution which made it developed nation.at those time there were lots of deaths due to hunger and acc to facts the life expentecy went down to 43 years majorly due to hunger.now days there defination of hunger has changed which they relate to "insuficient food security".and if we see those figures they are stragingly huge when compaired to nations like norway and sweeden who are nowhere nere superpower question.
    no problem can be solved first then the other and so on as all are interrelated.all will be solved simultaniously.only the pace could be fast or slow and that pace will deside who will be the next superpower
    we are in a better phase and will surely overcome the problems in very few years.
    after all kal se achhe din suru hone wale hain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pankajpotaliya For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (May 30th, 2014)

ha ha ......
    i was thinking in so opp direction as i now think we need to discuss on jatland that whether we can be superpower or not.amazing views will be coming from both sides
    It would be better if you very kindly share your candid opinion on the thread topic please.

acc to me the thread topic is extremely relevant and need of the hour to discuss and act in a direction reached upon by it. i was the first one to reply and replied in detail if you went through the whole thread..............but ironically i find that most of the posters above are discussing on the matter that whether india can be a superpower or not instead of the way how to make india superpower.
    true Pessimism prevaling
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    It would be better if you very kindly share your candid opinion on the thread topic please.

acc to me the thread topic is extremely relevant and need of the hour to discuss and act in a direction reached upon by it. i was the first one to reply and replied in detail if you went through the whole thread..............but ironically i find that most of the posters above are discussing on the matter that whether india can be a superpower or not instead of the way how to make india superpower.
    true Pessimism prevaling
    True, the map route of development strategy must take central place in the discuss and it is hoped that well versed with the studies of economic development, HR Development etc. would come up with their studies and views to share with the participants and make the discussion more meaningful and interesting.

We must always remember : Hope sustains the world and we hope that India with a considerable number of young talented human resource and rich in mines and minerals, sound agricultural and industrial infrastructure would surely emerge as a competitor second to none in the world not in distant future !

Modi government has given a good beginning to improve relations with the neighbouring countries by holding preliminary discussion with SAARC leaders and the leader of Mauritius.

Again, another left out neighbour, China is sending their foreign minister in the beginning of June.

This is a good omen for the peace in the south Asian region. And peace, it is hoped, will lead to increased prosperity of these countries including India therein.

Rajpal ji, I am sure your intention was to ask whats stopping our country from achieving its full potential but the question and thread title is total irrelevant. It shows our inherent infatuation with power.

Why become a superpower? Why become US, Russia, China etc?

Why not become like the Scandinavian countries that have the highest HDI but go about their buinesses with the minimal fuss?
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

why become like scandinavian country ,why not be just the real bhartiya spirit.........i mentioned in my first post and would like to repeat it if someone missed
    the day we (as a majority) will start thinking of india with its own values and its own philosophy as a superpower , that day will mark the beginning of India emerging as a superpower.
    instead of imitating others the day we will imagine about india as an elephant that neither eats other animals nor gets eaten by others. We should neither threatening nor be defenceless. We should strive to be a superpower in technology, education and lead the world in ideas just as we did from the start of human civilization. I would rather have India known for its Zero or Yoga rather than an India victorious in its massive showdown against China or Pakistan (that doesn't mean we will spare them ,but the impact of india as yoga guru should be brighter)
    Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    Rajpal ji, I am sure your intention was to ask whats stopping our country from achieving its full potential but the question and thread title is total irrelevant. It shows our inherent infatuation with power.

Why not become like the Scandinavian countries that have the highest HDI but go about their buinesses with the minimal fuss?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pankajpotaliya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post

Good Idea, thanks !!!!