Thread: Social Initiative

Icon Group Social Initiative

Namaskar to all,

[Please avoid political criticism, this is an apolitical initiative]

AAP is starting a new social initiative in Haryana, the idea is to create a pool of resources to solve minor local issues and increase awareness among people. NRI team, local volunteers and participating NGO’s will work together to execute identified tasks where NRI team will serve as a lubricant.

Brief of ideas identified so far:

1. Create spot fix teams where local volunteers come together and clean overly dirty corners, roads, footpaths and paint them clean within hours
    2. Arrange weekend classes to teach English, basic internet surfing, how to find information they are looking for on internet AND how to raise an RTI (long term goal)
    3. Increase awareness among villages about alternative source of energy, water conservation, recycling etc.
    4. Collect books from passing out students and distribute them to less privileged kids & NGO's
    5. Guide people on how to raise their grievances with authorities with proper channels
    6. Plantation drives
    7. Setup regular health/eye/dental checkup camps
    8. Setup citizen advice bureaus
    9. Encourage people to think 'how can I improve things in my locality' by doing regular seminars and print advertising
    10. Arrange clean drinking water tankers where people desperately need it
    11. Distribution of water carriers in villages where women carry pots on their heads

Individuals willing to get involved please message me at prayas.chaudhary@gmail.com

Again would like to re-emphasize, please avoid political/nonconstructive criticism.

Thanks
    Prayas
    Last edited by prayas; June 3rd, 2014 at 02:19 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to prayas For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (June 3rd, 2014)