Thread: Interesting excerpt on Aristocracy / Social Hierarchy in 14th century - & Chaudharies

Interesting excerpt on Aristocracy / Social Hierarchy in 14th century - & Chaudharies

Here is a link to an excerpt from The Cambridge Economic History of India[Edited by Tapan Raychaudhuri, Irfan Habib]

Page 57 onwards is particularly interesting. It talks about the establishment of a new aristocracy in the 14th century; the chaudharies being the chieftains of the local people and foremost representatives of this new class. Indeed, the title predates the Mughal Empire.

Link: birring.net/tej/files/CBO9781139054515A010.pdf
    Last edited by ZaildarTejSeng; June 22nd, 2014 at 04:24 AM. Reason: title

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZaildarTejSeng For This Useful Post:

maddhan1979 (June 22nd, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ZaildarTejSeng View Post
    Here is a link to an excerpt from The Cambridge Economic History of India[Edited by Tapan Raychaudhuri, Irfan Habib]

Page 57 onwards is particularly interesting. It talks about the establishment of a new aristocracy in the 14th century; the chaudharies being the chieftains of the local people and foremost representatives of this new class. Indeed, the title predates the Mughal Empire.

Link: birring.net/tej/files/CBO9781139054515A010.pdf

I have not been able to read this book, maybe sometime later, when i have time but i hope this adds to good knowledge for everyone.