Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let us congratulate Saina Nehwal

Let us congratulate Saina Nehwal

Olympic bronze medalist Saina Nehwal produced a dominating performance to lift her second title of the season, winning the $ 750,000 Star Australian Super Series after beating Spain's Carolina Marin in the summit clash Sydney on Sunday.

The sixth seeded Indian, who had won the India Open Grand Prix Gold earlier this year, prevailed 21-18, 21-11 in a 43-minute contest.The 24-year-old Saina, who enjoyed a 1-0 head-to-head record against Marin going into Sunday's match, logged the first point and displayed some deft net play against her rival, stroking in some delectably timed volleys to take a 5-2 lead in the opening game.But the 21-year-old Marin was not the one to give up easily and showed just why she is considered one of the feisty players on the circuit.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/sports/slide-s...s/20140629.htm
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (June 30th, 2014), amankadian (June 29th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), krishanpal (June 29th, 2014), NikhilNehra (March 31st, 2015), Prikshit (June 30th, 2014), spdeshwal (March 28th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (July 6th, 2014), ygulia (July 2nd, 2014)

Shouldn't be this thread in sports section ?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post

Olympic bronze medalist Saina Nehwal produced a dominating performance to lift her second title of the season, winning the $ 750,000 Star Australian Super Series after beating Spain's Carolina Marin in the summit clash Sydney on Sunday.

The sixth seeded Indian, who had won the India Open Grand Prix Gold earlier this year, prevailed 21-18, 21-11 in a 43-minute contest.The 24-year-old Saina, who enjoyed a 1-0 head-to-head record against Marin going into Sunday's match, logged the first point and displayed some deft net play against her rival, stroking in some delectably timed volleys to take a 5-2 lead in the opening game.But the 21-year-old Marin was not the one to give up easily and showed just why she is considered one of the feisty players on the circuit.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/sports/slide-s...s/20140629.htm
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 29th, 2015), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), spdeshwal (March 28th, 2015)

Heartiest congratulations

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fateh For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 30th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (July 6th, 2014)

Saania

AUSTRALIAN OPEN AND THE NANITAL LOCAL

I was fortunate to watch the Sania -Monica Australian Open Final live scheduled to be played at reasonable IST.

With Sania in devastating form the chest swelled with pride with every point won by her- a delicate placing at net, an executive drop shot from the base line or a devastating smash from mid-court: on the other side of the Net Maria’s game was slowly falling apart with her growing inner turmoil visible.

It was with mixed feeling that I watched the game apart from the pride in Sania as her game progressed I also felt deep empathy for Maria with her troubles.

I could feel and understand her feelings as the tide turned against her, witnessed by many cheering for Sania in the stadium and millions watching the game around the world on TV as I had my self suffered the same fate as her, long back in Nanital, while awaiting the call from Army.

I had been a bit rash in entering the local Tennis Tournament. I, an average club player found my self pitted against the local Champion.

I was overwhelmed not only by his superior court craft but also overawed by the presence of the large crowed of locals, tourists and my own family members present, hoping to cheer me on, sadly watching my game floundering resulting in a sound defeat, leaving me emotionally and physically exhausted.

Once again I feel sorry for poor Maria, though she did get the runners-up medal and a fat cheque no mean an achievement.

bls31

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bls31 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 30th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), rajpaldular (June 30th, 2014), singhvp (March 29th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (July 6th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Yes , it should be.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 30th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), Prikshit (June 30th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (July 6th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Yes, it might have been better if it were so !

But when it has been posted in this sub forum erroneously, does it stop us to congratulate a good feat of an international level player and that too by a Jat sports person !
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; June 30th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), vijay (January 25th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Yes , it should be.

Noted with Thanks,

In future I shall be more cautious !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016)

Inconvenience regretted.

It is instantly being moved to sports sub forum.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Saina Nehwal wins China Open Super Series

Olympic Bronze medalist Saina Nehwal won China Open Super Series tournament by beating her Japanese rival today at Fuzhou. She won this prestigious tournament in her sixth appearance.

Let us join to congratulate her and wish many more achievements under her belt in the future.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; November 16th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (November 16th, 2014), ayushkadyan (November 16th, 2014), bishanleo2001 (November 16th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), Prikshit (November 17th, 2014), rajpaldular (November 17th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (March 29th, 2015), vdhillon (November 16th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Olympic Bronze medalist Saina Nehwal won China Open Super Series tournament by beating her Japanese rival today at Fuzhou. She won this prestigious tournament in her sixth appearance.

Let us join to congratulate her and wish many more achievements under her belt in the future.
    Indeed a great achievement, her best so far!
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 17th, 2014), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), rajpaldular (November 17th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (March 29th, 2015), vdhillon (November 17th, 2014)

Saina Nehwal creates history, first Indian woman shuttler to become world No.1

Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Saturday created history by becoming the first Indian woman to be ranked World No.1.

Spain's Carolina Marin's loss to Ratchanok Intanon in the Indian Open Super Series semi-final provided an opportunity for Saina to overtake China's Li Xuerui to become the highest ranked player in the world.

The race for the the No.1 ranking in women's singles entered its home stretch on Friday at the $275,000 India Open Super Series with Saina and reigning World Champion Carolina Marin both making the semifinals.

Now, Saina will face Yui Hashimoto of Japan in the semi-final of the tournament.

Earlier in the day, Nehwal had said she will be ranked World No.1 if this is in her destiny.

"I want to be the best. It's not about the ranking, it's about being consistent. Li Xuerui is injured. You can't ignore the fact that she's the best player in the world," said the 25-year-old.

"But she's been injured over the last few months. When she comes back she will be strong. The Chinese will come back and they will be ready for us," she had said.

Keep it up Saina Ji!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

bharti (April 3rd, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (March 28th, 2015), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), spdeshwal (March 28th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (March 29th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post
    Saina Nehwal creates history, first Indian woman shuttler to become world No.1

Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Saturday created history by becoming the first Indian woman to be ranked World No.1.

Spain's Carolina Marin's loss to Ratchanok Intanon in the Indian Open Super Series semi-final provided an opportunity for Saina to overtake China's Li Xuerui to become the highest ranked player in the world.

The race for the the No.1 ranking in women's singles entered its home stretch on Friday at the $275,000 India Open Super Series with Saina and reigning World Champion Carolina Marin both making the semifinals.

Now, Saina will face Yui Hashimoto of Japan in the semi-final of the tournament.

Earlier in the day, Nehwal had said she will be ranked World No.1 if this is in her destiny.

"I want to be the best. It's not about the ranking, it's about being consistent. Li Xuerui is injured. You can't ignore the fact that she's the best player in the world," said the 25-year-old.

"But she's been injured over the last few months. When she comes back she will be strong. The Chinese will come back and they will be ready for us," she had said.

Keep it up Saina Ji!
    Congratulations to Saina Nehwal and thanks to you for sharing the good news.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

It is a phenomenal achievement of Saina. Entire nation should feel proud of her in general and Jats in particular.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 29th, 2015), hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (March 29th, 2015), ygulia (March 29th, 2015)

Saina Nehwal takes on her Thailand counterpart player in the final of Indian Super Series match.

We pray for her all round good performance may result in a grand success in this final clash.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 29th, 2015 at 09:27 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (March 30th, 2015)

Kudos.

Another feather added to achievements of Saina Nehwal.

World Ranking One, Saina Nehwal won Indian Super Series Championship.

For Details :http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/...n/20150329.htm

Saina crushes Intanon to win India Open

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), NikhilNehra (March 31st, 2015), sukhbirhooda (March 30th, 2015)

Congrats Saina!!! It is big achievement of Saina for herself, for the Nation and for the Jat Samaj in particular. Keep it up. We are all proud of you. It was good news for Jats after having many doses of negative news for Jats.
    Laxman Burdak

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (April 7th, 2016), NikhilNehra (March 31st, 2015), sukhbirhooda (March 31st, 2015)

Many congratulations to Saina Nehwal. You are the proud of India and of course the Jats. Go ahead girl !!
    Yaar ki khattir jaan se hajjir, dekh manne azma ke.....dusman ke liye dusman su, tanne kah di tthokk baja kke...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NikhilNehra For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NikhilNehra View Post
    Many congratulations to Saina Nehwal. You are the proud of India and of course the Jats. Go ahead girl !!
    Saina Nehwal moves to 2nd round by beating her Indonesian rival 21-13, 21-16 in the Malaysia Open Super Series Premier being played at Kuala Lumpur.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Saina Nehwal enters semi final by beating her rival player by 2-1.

We wish her all success to clinch the winner trophy.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

The Chinese player wins semi final against Saina Nehwal in the current competition.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post: