Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Muslim World contributions to Science, Technology & Other fields

The destruction of Buddhism is Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
    The legal codifying of slavery as a right
    The principal of Never Ending War (Jihad)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to agodara For This Useful Post:

cooljat (July 26th, 2014), rajpaldular (July 28th, 2014), sanjeev1984 (October 10th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    How this thread relevant to Jats?
    That is why, the thread is running in General History sub Forum.

Moreover, a large number of Jats profess Islam too.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vk23 (July 27th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by pawandahiya View Post
    These m%$#&s contribute only to terrorism and hatred! Nothing else.
    Jo unke gungaan kar rhe hai yha, they are either SPians or khangress. Everyone else knows the truth.
    And

Quote Originally Posted by agodara View Post
    The destruction of Buddhism is Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
    The legal codifying of slavery as a right
    The principal of Never Ending War (Jihad)
    Friends,

Both these posts are not related to thread heading and if these are deleted, you would start raising objection for doing so.

Therefore, it is appealed to all the participants in the discussion here to post only those views which reflect Contribution of the people living in Muslim dominated areas towards Science, Technology and other fields.

The irrelevant posts would be summarily removed hereinafter !

Wishing fruitful discussion.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vk23 (August 12th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    And

Friends,

Both these posts are not related to thread heading and if these are deleted, you would start raising objection for doing so.

Therefore, it is appealed to all the participants in the discussion here to post only those views which reflect Contribution of the people living in Muslim dominated areas towards Science, Technology and other fields.

Well, This is good! Appreciate your work here!

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    This source is not reliable because anyone can update the information on wikipedia. Give some authentic source link.
    1. I am not sure why it is not reliable. Do we need to put reference for every post here? Do all members put reference here whenever they post their views?

2. Are we doing academic discussion here? I originally posted this thread in General-Talk section because the intention was to have a general awareness. Of course everyone wants to have access to more authentic information but wikipedia also holds some truth. Moreover the term(Muslim World) is not a techinical term which needs explaination in detail. Using common sense and some wisdom can easily help you a lot, had it been a right intention behind the question. The term is self explainatory and if you some body is still confused then he/she can punch a couple of letters on google and search the meaning of term.

3. If you want to me quote an authentic link, then I can pull that information for you given you contribute and reciprocate in the same manner. If you do, then let me know. I will quote many authentic links but if you won't then I am sorry my friend. I don't have that much time to help you. Kindly help yourself.

Thank You

That is why, the thread is running in General History sub Forum.

Moreover, a large number of Jats profess Islam too.
    Appreciate your positiveness and helping other members to understand the essence of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pawandahiya View Post
    These m%$#&s contribute only to terrorism and hatred! Nothing else.
    Jo unke gungaan kar rhe hai yha, they are either SPians or khangress. Everyone else knows the truth.
    My friend, Kindly shun such views. Let's give up such stereotypes about a community which is going through a rough time. A lot of Muslims condemn terrorism and want peace. Also let's not jump to conclusion about my affiliation to any party for that matter. Whatever party I vote to does not have any relevance to this topic. I have started this topic so that people know about history and inventions.

Thank You

'Vindictiveness' for what ?

I have welcomed the starting of the thread and provided a proper placement by moving it to General History sub forum in the hope that worthwhile contribution would be made by you and other participants which is generally not possible in the General discussion section where you had started it. This according to you is my 'vindictiveness,' which leads you to deny 'spoon feeding' to me.

Kindly concentrate on the theme of the thread and come forward with reply sought for.

If you have nothing to offer in reply kindly do not indulge in wild allegations and accusations.

Since I have so far not expressed my opinion on the topic so it is wrong to assume that your ''posts are not welcome here because they are against your[i.e. my] opinion''.

Please note that none of your relevant post has been deleted.

Wish you happy participation with open mind,
    I did not like the way you have treated my posts in this forum. Specially when I wrote about my views on J&K. In India we have a democracy and it is beauty of democracy which allows people to protest in a peaceful manner. It allows people to post their views on any forum. It allows people from opposition to have their views in a peaceful manner. So many times, even separatists leaders from J&K are allowed in India to hold conferences and put their views forward. They also have criticized the Indian govt handling of J&K affairs. Thats the beauty of our mature democracy. I have come across so many articles from renowned journalists who also differ from Indian govt view on J&K . Shekhar Gupta last year wrote a blog on Indian Express to express his views on disarming Army in Kashmir. But unfortunately on this forum, I have felt a sense of oppression. Why are we not tolerant of opposing views?

That is why I have unsatisfied with the treatment I have recieved here. There are some positive signs now. So I hope it will improve and continue further. So I will build some strength and continue to participate in this thread.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    How this thread relevant to Jats?
    In addition to what Mr Rajpal singh said, let me pose a rhetorical question, Don't Jats read history? Is Jat community an enclosed soceity? Don't Jats have a quest to know?

Thank You

muslim worlds contribution to sciense,techchnolygies & another fields

And

Friends,

sir you read whats the header of to topic is
    muslim worlds contribution to sciense,techchnolygies & another fields
    i am talkinkig about other fields
    http://www.answering-islam.org/Autho...men_slaves.htm

14. The Following User Says Thank You to agodara For This Useful Post:

sanjeev1984 (October 10th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by vk23 View Post
    I did not like the way you have treated my posts in this forum. Specially when I wrote about my views on J&K.
    But unfortunately on this forum, I have felt a sense of oppression. Why are we not tolerant of opposing views?

Thank You
    Friend,

Here the thread belongs to History Section and we are not supposed to discuss individuals involved in the discussion. Therefore it would be better if you kindly stop discussing personal likings and disliking/appreciation or criticism of the commentators.

Instead, concentrate your posts on the thread topic, please.

Thanks and best wishes.

In addition to what Mr Rajpal singh said, let me pose a rhetorical question, Don't Jats read history? Is Jat community an enclosed soceity? Don't Jats have a quest to know?

Thank You
    yes...we want to know better and we already know a lot.
    Last edited by prashantacmet; July 28th, 2014 at 11:57 AM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

agodara (July 29th, 2014), rajpaldular (July 28th, 2014), sanjeev1984 (October 10th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    yes...we want to know better and we already know a lot.

Very well said Prashant JI.
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rajpaldular For This Useful Post:

agodara (July 29th, 2014)

Looks like thread has not got up to speed as I wanted. Let me highlight more inventions by Muslim world which have helped the world to progress.

Algebra - Everyone knows the importance of algebra in our daily lives. The word Algebra derived from Arabic language. The Arabic word al-jabr defines algebra. Which means restoration.

Algebra was developed by great scientist and mathematician Muhamad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi. Al-Khawarizmi was born in Persia in 780 AD.

You can read about Al-Khawarizmi here: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/...Khwarizmi.html

From the above link, let me share about his contribution:

He first reduces an equation (linear or quadratic) to one of six standard forms:
    1. Squares equal to roots.
    2. Squares equal to numbers.
    3. Roots equal to numbers.
    4. Squares and roots equal to numbers; e.g. x2 + 10 x = 39.
    5. Squares and numbers equal to roots; e.g. x2 + 21 = 10 x.
    6. Roots and numbers equal to squares; e.g. 3 x + 4 = x2.

Algebra is indeed a great invention which has helped our world in many ways. A lot of complex mathematical problems get solved with the help of Algebra.

Looks like thread has not got up to speed as I wanted. Let me highlight more inventions by Muslim world which have helped the world to progress.

Algebra - Everyone knows the importance of algebra in our daily lives. The word Algebra derived from Arabic language. The Arabic word al-jabr defines algebra. Which means restoration.

Algebra was developed by great scientist and mathematician Muhamad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi. Al-Khawarizmi was born in Persia in 780 AD.

You can read about Al-Khawarizmi here: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/...Khwarizmi.html

He first reduces an equation (linear or quadratic) to one of six standard forms:

Algebra is indeed a great invention which has helped our world in many ways. A lot of complex mathematical problems get solved with the help of Algebra.

I found this from your link. to bhai wo parsee hoga jab isne isne dimmag lagaya hoga...research main parsi ka dimmag laga tha na ki muslim ka...muslim bante hi to talwaar utha li hogi jihad ke liye kalam chhodkar....

"the pious preface to al-Khwarizmi's "Algebra" shows that he was an orthodox Muslim, so Al-Tabari's epithet could mean no more than that his forebears, and perhaps he in his youth, had been Zoroastrians."
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (August 14th, 2014)

I would suggest that you go through following two links;

1. http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~sxw8045/history.htm
    2. http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/...logy/full.html

Once you have read the contents of above two links, you can workout yourself where the Arabs stand in the chronology of Algebra.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (August 14th, 2014), sjakhars (September 24th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    I would suggest that you go through following two links;

1. http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~sxw8045/history.htm
    2. http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/...logy/full.html

Once you have read the contents of above two links, you can workout yourself where the Arabs stand in the chronology of Algebra.

RK^2
    If we look at the history, then we find that human have evolved through out a long period of time. And this evolution is always based on some foundation. That foundation gets updated over the time by different civilizations. Therefore not a single community can take credit of overall development. It's a collaborative effort of different civilization throughout the history. Today western world is leading in the technology and tomorrow it will be Asia. And after Asia, it could be middle east. Things evolve over the time and different communities contributes accordingly. Therefore I am not arguing here about who's is the best and to be honest no one can be best on this earth. The definition of best keep on changing over the time. So Its about the contribution of a single community. Kindly contribute further.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    I found this from your link. to bhai wo parsee hoga jab isne isne dimmag lagaya hoga...research main parsi ka dimmag laga tha na ki muslim ka...muslim bante hi to talwaar utha li hogi jihad ke liye kalam chhodkar....

"the pious preface to al-Khwarizmi's "Algebra" shows that he was an orthodox Muslim, so Al-Tabari's epithet could mean no more than that his forebears, and perhaps he in his youth, had been Zoroastrians."
    My friend, kindly discard such perception about a community. Its just the time when things are bit awkward and a community is in the grip of radicals. But one must not generalize the whole community. In today's contemporary world, you would find many Muslims excelling in various fields. Therefore lets not paint all with same brush!

Thanks!

Watch this what Muslims have done to the city of Luton in UK

There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (September 16th, 2014), cooljat (September 16th, 2014), rajpaldular (October 10th, 2014)

Request members not to share videos on some anti-social elements to tarnish the image of a community. Lets take the thread into a positive direction and share genuine inventions.

Thanks once again.