Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Muslim World contributions to Science, Technology & Other fields

Quote Originally Posted by shivamchaudhary View Post

Muskil ghadi me thoda dheeraj rakhana padta hai !
    Appreciate Mod's respect towards freedom of speech!

Quote Originally Posted by shivamchaudhary View Post

Muskil ghadi me thoda dheeraj rakhana padta hai !
    Isko "Dheeraj" nahi, indecisiveness kehte hain sarkar.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 18th, 2014), login4vinay (November 18th, 2014), rajpaldular (November 18th, 2014), sahij (November 18th, 2014), ssgoyat (November 18th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Isko "Dheeraj" nahi, indecisiveness kehte hain sarkar.

RK^2
    वाह वाह।
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

Moderator Shivam Chaudhary, has re opened the thread.

We all appreciate that a moderators task is difficult and thankless.

Self moderation is the best.

Members can get back to the topic.

What are the contributions of " Muslims to Sceince , Technology, and other fields"

I do have some questions at the outset.

Is the Title of the thread correct?

Should it be contributions of Islam to 'Science , technology etc"?

If it is the contributions of Muslims, then is that" contribution" outside the confines of their faith or because of it?

So far, in the thread, I see only some buildings , graves/tombs for the dead, with some calligraphy! A celebration of death?

What did the person do in his life, that deserved this art form?

Art should be an expression of joy, an uplifting of the human spirit.

Where is the 'uplifting of the spirit' aspect in this grave for the dead.

Equally important who was the "artist" who created this art, if art indeed it is?

The thread starter has not drawn our attention to any achievements of Muslims or Islam in any field:

- Science?

- Literature?

- Philosophy?

- Medicine?

- other- specific?

Indeed in any field.

Perhaps the thread starter, rather than just ' cut and paste' some photographs of a grave, a' makbara', could give instances of the contributions, and more importantly also tell the readership, why that " contribution" is significant, and provide the historical evidence that it was indeed made by a member of his religious community.

As readers have indicated often, no one is interested in the poster, simply ' cutting and pasting' a link and asking readers to go to the link and ' seeing for themselves'

The inverted commas are mine, and put for emphasis.

My own views and I am open to suggestions:

"" If you cannot back up what you claim, then do not post and be prepared for your posting privileges to be revoked"".

Perhaps other members can provide some guidance on the approach they would like to see, so that we can have a moderation policy with consensus.

It is the members site.

Warm regards

Ravi Chaudhary

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ravichaudhary For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 21st, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ravichaudhary View Post
    Perhaps other members can provide some guidance on the approach they would like to see, so that we can have a moderation policy with consensus.

It is the members site.

Respected Chaudharyji,

As a member,

1. Can we have the privilege to delete our own posts and delete our own account? Moderators can keep any other moderation policy with or without consensus (including a policy that makes them appear most knowledgeable, considerate, and benign).
    2. In the very least, can moderators at least delete all posts and account of members at their own request? There is also a precedent here where such a request to delete posts was entertained - there might be others I might not be aware of.

If yes, can the Moderators kindly accept this as my request and oblige me by deleting all my posts on Jat Land along with my account?

Thanks & Regards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sahij For This Useful Post:

cooljat (November 30th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sahij View Post
    Respected Chaudharyji,

As a member,

1. Can we have the privilege to delete our own posts and delete our own account? Moderators can keep any other moderation policy with or without consensus (including a policy that makes them appear most knowledgeable, considerate, and benign).
    2. In the very least, can moderators at least delete all posts and account of members at their own request? There is also a precedent here where such a request to delete posts was entertained - there might be others I might not be aware of.

If yes, can the Moderators kindly accept this as my request and oblige me by deleting all my posts on Jat Land along with my account?

Thanks & Regards.
    I am not able to help much here.

I myself , am looking for lessons on how to ""appear""- ' most knowledgeable, considerate and benign', especially the first- "Knowledgeable".

Once I can get pass marks in Knowledgeable, I will attempt the other two.

Multi tasking or dealing with complex inter connected subjects, is not a strong area with me, as should be obvious from my posts.

You will have noticed a major failing of mine, looking for "primary sources' and 'validation/authenticity', to try and gain/share knowledge rather than appear 'knowledgeable'.

So far I am failing on both counts.

Hope this helps

Warm regards

Ravi Chaudhary

P.S. As an after thought, you might want to consider to continue to follow the path of Dharm ( Righteousness and truth, scientific enquiry), as opposed to adharam( Maya and illusions).

Arjun in the Mahabharat had the same choice.

Does the message from the Gita apply to the study of Ithihaas too?

The adhramic route though looks easier, does it not?

wrong

Quote Originally Posted by vk23 View Post
    Hey Guys, I am starting this thread to highlight the great contribution of the Muslim World in various fields. Lets have a look at various contributions made by the Muslim world.

The aromatic Coffee we drink in the morning was first discovered by the Muslims.

10th Century Muslims Mathematician, Physicist Ibn al-Haitham was the first person to discover that light enters eye on contrary to what Greek thought that our eyes emit laser rays. Chess, Camera, Elephant clock and many more.

I am sharing some links on various inventions and contributions.

//irep.iium.edu.my/8415/1/Contribution_of_Muslim_Scholars_to_the_world.pdf.

//scienceislam.com/muslims_science.php.

Please contribute to the list.

PS: Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links at the moment but please prefix http: to above links.

Thanks
    Wrong! All or atleast, most of it is wrong.
    I will focus on chess.
    Chess was invented in India and later went to all over the world(thats the theory)
    Fact:Chess existed before prophet Mohommad was born.
    Proof: in the Bhukari Hadit(one of the religious texts of Islam), it is written that 'the allah's prophet' stated that playin chess was like dipping your hand in pig's blood.
    Conclusion: if playing chess was forbidden by founder of Islam, how could a muslim invent it?
    As for coffee, there are many stories. Most authentic of them is that it was discovered by etheopians( who obviously were not muslims)
    The true contribution of muslims were mostly negative. They dabbeled a bit in alchemy and medicins but basically they translated many Indian and Greek books and sold them as 'muslim Invention'.
    On a personal note( an I mean no offence) but why is the original poster of this thread so obsessed with showing muslims in Good light. Is he perhaps a muslim jat?
    Again, I mean no offence.

Here is Chess story

Quote Originally Posted by vishu1708 View Post
    Wrong! All or atleast, most of it is wrong.
    I will focus on chess.
    Chess was invented in India and later went to all over the world(thats the theory)
    Fact:Chess existed before prophet Mohommad was born.
    Proof: in the Bhukari Hadit(one of the religious texts of Islam), it is written that 'the allah's prophet' stated that playin chess was like dipping your hand in pig's blood.
    Conclusion: if playing chess was forbidden by founder of Islam, how could a muslim invent it?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deshi-jat For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 28th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (April 29th, 2015)

Muslims, Islam or the Muslim World.

Going through series of posts, it appears that there is need for epistemological intervention.

The part that signifies as contribution - One should understand when we see or evaluate contributions they are civilisational. And, the term Arab Civilisation during medieval times connotes better definition rather than tagging it all under Muslim, which was only religious uniformity but highly diverse in levels of civilisational attainments vis-a-vis each other.
    Keep a bigger heart than than what you had yesterday!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ambijat For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 29th, 2015), vk23 (November 5th, 2015)

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    Here is Chess story
    (video)
    I am not able to play it on my mobile. Can you tell what it says/shows?

Muslim world architecture can be seen in Indian subcontinent. Really marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by vk23 View Post
    Muslim world architecture can be seen in Indian subcontinent. Really marvellous.
    U back prophet?
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

cooljat (December 2nd, 2015)

Mulle ki daud Masjid tak. Bera na aade Jatland main iss susre ne kunsi Masjid dikhe hai?
    Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    U back prophet?
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (December 2nd, 2015)

The contribution towards the fields of Science and Technology cannot be credited to any specific religion. Discoveries and inventions are/were accomplished by the brilliant scientists who don't subscribe their contribution or invention to any caste, creed, country and religion.

Topic of this thread and the subsequent discussion seems spreading communal indifference among the members of Jatland.

Therefore, this thread is being closed with a warning that any new thread with similar topic would also going to meet similar fate apart from receiving user infraction.
    Last edited by vijay; December 2nd, 2015 at 10:14 PM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ygulia (December 3rd, 2015)