View Poll Results: Happy with Moderator's workstyle?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 43.18%
  • No

25 56.82%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy with Moderator(s)???????

Let’s play the ball not the man.

Please don’t target individual moderator. People here were never happy with any moderator, not even with me.

Moderators have a job in hand and sometime they take it too seriously. I remember there was a time when they decided no moderation or minimum moderation and few members left because what followed was abuses, propaganda news, BJP, RSS and Congress followers posting fake news/adds, few members forming group and targeting others. I used to delete Hindu/Muslim or Propaganda threads but I was told not to and I moved on. In my opinion, this site is not a place to throw that junk here.

There is a fine line when we do moderation and to balance self on that line is very hard. Given that the moderation is an unpaid work the only motivation moderator has is ‘love for community and this site’. Another thing is sometime members don’t see the full picture as to why a post is being deleted. Your post might be indirectly related to the issue. There are also some members who often complain to Moderators and/or Owners and Mods feel pressure to act. In such cases members might think that Mods favour a particular person. Having said that yes I have seen Mods playing politics as well however it doesn’t happen now because there is only one active Mod.

Moderators are hired by the administrators of the site. So the ultimate responsibility lies with them. Moderators are probably doing their job in the manner they are asked to do or they think is best to do. Think it this way, someone has to do the job and before we ask for a change in moderation do we have a replacement in mind? Or are we our self ready to take the responsibility? What is the use of changing person if way of working doesn’t change?
    Last edited by VirJ; August 28th, 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: G.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

cooljat (August 28th, 2014), dndeswal (September 1st, 2014), malikdeepak1 (August 28th, 2014), Prikshit (August 28th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 28th, 2014), rkumar (August 28th, 2014), rskankara (August 28th, 2014), soniadabas (August 28th, 2014), spdeshwal (August 28th, 2014)

[QUOTE=ravinderjeet;366813]
    Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Never loose interest. k,eep posting. Look at me. I have been a real "Dheeth" on Jatland. Except for a brief period for personal reasons, I never gave up. I had many fights on Jatland. However, no ill will towards anyone. I remember, once a member go so agitated that he wanted to thresh me physically. I took the challenge and asked him to decide the place and time where we should meet. Never heard from him and that was the end of story. I don't think we should worry about all these things. If you are active, there will be such situations. Handle them as and when u face them.

Sir ji u maanas jibb kimme likhann koni dewe , te intrest kithon aawegaa, u te kejriwaal horyaa se, sab kyan pe jhaadu maare jaawe s,bas ih ki post aani chaahiye chaahe kitnaa- kudaa ho unme
    Jab taq yo moderation aala rolla mite, tab taq aapna favourite thread ne chaloo karde! I mean Albaadiyan aala thread! I don't think mod sahab will have any problem with that!

Cheers!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spdeshwal For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (August 28th, 2014), rkumar (August 28th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014)

A positive out come of thread, we see a number of members who were not active lately. I hope things will improve from moderator's end, but in the meantime revival can happen. Rk uncle ji has already taken the initiative. So everyone take the onus and try from their end to bring it to the notice of all Jlanders in your circle.
    Last edited by Prikshit; August 28th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 28th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 28th, 2014)

I have gone through the posts with interest and found that some of the members are feeling disgusted with the intervention of the moderators in the functioning of the Jat Land site !

I neither deny nor accept the charges levelled against me by some of friends in their posts, but use of inappropriate words in the posts I do not accept leaving them as they are as proud possession of those who have posted them. If the use of this type of unbecoming language is not allowed to be touched, I leave it to be decided by the concerned members themselves.

I congratulate the eagerness of participants who have desired to carry forward the site on the ladder of further progress and popularity. Hope that they will sustain their present 'Josh' and efforts !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (August 28th, 2014), rskankara (August 28th, 2014)

I have contributed a bit to do full justice with the job in hand without fear/favour or prejudice.

Kindly note that the members have themselves requested the moderators to intervene for more than one and a half thousand times to the moderators by complaining against one another.

In the present heat of attacks on moderation and moderator also come up with suggestion to reconcile the two paradoxical situations :

One side does not like the posts in their original form and on the other side are those who are against the intervention of editors/moderators.

Kindly suggest to the administrators of the Site unanimously a name of some member who is willing to accept the responsibility as Editor/moderator.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    Another thing is sometime members don’t see the full picture as to why a post is being deleted.
    Agar aap kaaran likh dein ki koi nirnaya kisliye liya gaya hai to sab jaan jayenge ki kya hua.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Romar For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (August 28th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    I have gone through the posts with interest and found that some of the members are feeling disgusted with the intervention of the moderators in the functioning of the Jat Land site !

I neither deny nor accept the charges levelled against me by some of friends in their posts, but use of inappropriate words in the posts I do not accept leaving them as they are as proud possession of those who have posted them. If the use of this type of unbecoming language is not allowed to be touched, I leave it to be decided by the concerned members themselves.

I congratulate the eagerness of participants who have desired to carry forward the site on the ladder of further progress and popularity. Hope that they will sustain their present 'Josh' and efforts !

To put the record straight, this is to bring to the notice of the participants that I have not imposed ban on any of the members since the time I took over as moderator/editor. Hence unfounded canard that I am banning the members.

Secondly, two/three very enthusiastic complainants against me hurling unfounded allegations of depriving them opportunity to post their threads/posts must substantiate their point of view before the administrators if they have genuine problem.

Perhaps calling names to a person on public site is unacceptable in every civilised society. At least, I am not going to retaliate and join the edging out bullying of the fellow Jatlanders as some of us are aiming at through this thread. The use of Banned members posts [with whom I had no role to ban] on the thread for partisan interests is quite unacceptable proposition !

All in all, every member is invited to contribute to make their constructive cooperation to take the site to greater heights in the days ahead.

Thanks and regards;

and best wishes for happy future for the site with amiable participation of one and all !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 28th, 2014)

aapke k saath mera bhi kain baar vivaad hua per meri najariye mein aap ek bahut buddhiman aur pade likhe insaan hain aur aapse seekhne ka bahut acha avsar milta hai.

Aisi aapne kaus se lekh ko hata diya jisse bhai naaraz ho gaye?

1. I guess no has any issue upon removal of unacceptable content.
    2. If something is deleted, it should be brought to the notice of that person.
    3. Banning/removing ban: Who is in charge, if possible that should be made public, where people can have their views.
    4. At times people deviate from the essence of ongoing thread, that is not good but 5-10% deviation should be tolerated and removal of content should not be immidiete.
    5. I myself refrain from posting when I feel ab jyada ho rha hai, every single Post need not be answered (For both members and moderators).
    6. Understanding should be in place from both the parties(Mod as well as Members).
    7. If some issues, common to many is raised then that should be addressed and the resolution can be made public if possible.
    8. Whosoever, happy or unhappy pls refrain from using abusive words, "Euphemism" can do.
    9. Since both the parties have kept their views, so a middle way path which maintains the integrity of this portal should be carved out.
    10. Members should also understand a content which can be challenged on any grounds may be religious or individaul should not be pasted. (Specifically secularism stuff, there are many better ways and we have learned people here, bat keh do aur kisse ka nam na lo aisa karna better rehta hai)

PS: Ek grievences can thread shuru karlo, and all the caretakers of this site should take a note and act in the interest of this portal.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 28th, 2014), rskankara (August 28th, 2014), soniadabas (August 28th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014)

I have contributed a bit to do full justice with the job in hand without fear/favour or prejudice.

Kindly note that the members have themselves requested the moderators to intervene for more than one and a half thousand times to the moderators by complaining against one another.

In the present heat of attacks on moderation and moderator also come up with suggestion to reconcile the two paradoxical situations :

One side does not like the posts in their original form and on the other side are those who are against the intervention of editors/moderators.

Kindly suggest to the administrators of the Site unanimously a name of some member who is willing to accept the responsibility as Editor/moderator.
    Don't be that smart. You have been very biased person. You edit my post without my consulation. You never reply to my questions. So many people write offtopic but never do anything about it but you scruitnise my posts like anything. For God sake, leave this website. If you need proofs, I will prove right here on this thread about my claims. But i know you would never allow.

No doubt you are doing a wonderful job but I think in general Jatland members like to be un-moderated. By very nature of jats, they dont like anyone's superiority. Further only issue I can see with you and these frequent fingers on you is because of ''feel''. Jatland members usually like to connect and feel with moderators. They search for that 'jat connect or feel'. In my opinion that is missing somewhere. It might be because of your ''always political correct'' approach in responses.

To the original post, I disagree that all users can be happy at a given time with moderation irrespective of who is doing it. We all are educated members here so lets raise our voice without hitting below the belt in brethren.

My 25 paise of constructive cooperation.

Boa Sorte.

To put the record straight, this is to bring to the notice of the participants that I have not imposed ban on any of the members since the time I took over as moderator/editor. Hence unfounded canard that I am banning the members.

Secondly, two/three very enthusiastic complainants against me hurling unfounded allegations of depriving them opportunity to post their threads/posts must substantiate their point of view before the administrators if they have genuine problem.

Perhaps calling names to a person on public site is unacceptable in every civilised society. At least, I am not going to retaliate and join the edging out bullying of the fellow Jatlanders as some of us are aiming at through this thread. The use of Banned members posts [with whom I had no role to ban] on the thread for partisan interests is quite unacceptable proposition !

All in all, every member is invited to contribute to make their constructive cooperation to take the site to greater heights in the days ahead.

Thanks and regards;

and best wishes for happy future for the site with amiable participation of one and all !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014), ashe (August 29th, 2014), ayushkadyan (August 29th, 2014), cooljat (August 28th, 2014), Prikshit (August 28th, 2014), rskankara (August 29th, 2014), soniadabas (August 28th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014)

Happy With Moderators?

Yes I am happy. I voted for yes.

Dr.Rajpal ji is only active forum moderator. I just want to say him Thanks for his valuable time. Appreciated Job!
    Last edited by amankadian; August 29th, 2014 at 02:00 AM.

Yaha par kuch buddhijeevi members bhi hai...jo apne gyana ke bojh ke neeche dabe hue hai....agar koi unse jawaab-talab kare to unke ahankaar ko thesh lagti hai...........abhi kuch din pehle ek sahab laal-peele ho gaye the..he did not want to learn anything from Israel..
    Last edited by prashantacmet; August 28th, 2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (August 28th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 29th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014)

Rajpalji's language is polished, polite, soft, intellectual, etc and he wants the same from members. I dont have any disrespect / ill feeling about him.

but most of the members come here to get the KHUSBU of Jat culture / lingo / attitude / etc,

his style of moderating may be good but JL is turning into a boring site. 2/4 post delete hote hi har kisi ki himmat jabab de jati hai

JL basic motto in my opinion is that each post should give the impression that it has been written by a JAT.

asal m Pujay Rajpalji JL ke babuji Aloknath hai,
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014), ayushkadyan (August 29th, 2014), cooljat (August 29th, 2014), Prikshit (August 29th, 2014), spdeshwal (August 29th, 2014), vk23 (August 29th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_balyan View Post
    Rajpalji's language is polished, polite, soft, intellectual, etc and he wants the same from members. I dont have any disrespect / ill feeling about him.

but most of the members come here to get the KHUSBU of Jat culture / lingo / attitude / etc,

his style of moderating may be good but JL is turning into a boring site. 2/4 post delete hote hi har kisi ki himmat jabab de jati hai

JL basic motto in my opinion is that each post should give the impression that it has been written by a JAT.

asal m Pujay Rajpalji JL ke babuji Aloknath hai,

YES my friend. Imagine if all of your post await a moderator approval. And many times a moderator takes 1-2 days to approve your post. Imagine if you can't edit your post after submitting it. Imagine if your posts don't get approved. Imagine if a moderator attacks you sarcastically instead of contributing. I tried to submit my grievience on some other thread but some moderator does not want any sort of criticism.

I haven't come across a social forum which is so heavily moderated and intensely biased on very small opinions.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vk23 For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (August 29th, 2014)

mane 2010 me join kra tha........sari hann JL per e raha krta..........per aajkal aade kuch b ni h.
    Kuch post kro to vo delete...

EK baat samajh ni aayi ki aade moderator kis base per banaye ja hain?

JL 2010 me b vohi thi aur aaj b vohi h.....kuch to change kro, thoda attractive banao.

Baki rahi baat 0 participation ki to vo to hogi he.......duniya bhar ki ladai.......joke k section me political message ye sab dekhan khater kun apna time waste krega.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014), rajpaldular (August 29th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 29th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (August 29th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014)

One thing is clear people are not averse to participating, but they are looking for a conducive atmosphere. Some relaxation and flexibility is of upmost importance for revival. Instead of justification we need justice

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by amankadian View Post
    Happy With Moderators?

Yes I am happy. I voted for yes.

Dr.Rajpal ji is only active forum moderator. I just want to say him Thanks for his valuable time. Appreciated Job!
    On a lighter note, we see a moderator in you :p

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prikshit For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014), rajpaldular (August 29th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 29th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (August 29th, 2014)

Samar - Teri Chawwani(25 Pisse) ib bhi chal rhi s??
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amankadian (August 29th, 2014), anilsangwan (August 29th, 2014), Prikshit (August 29th, 2014), rajpaldular (August 29th, 2014), ravinderjeet (August 29th, 2014), sanjeev_balyan (August 29th, 2014), spdeshwal (August 29th, 2014), ssgoyat (August 29th, 2014)

ek response u bhi s ,me kihe kaa naa loni likhu ,par ih bande ke baare me jo bhi mere dhore PM aaye sein we chhaapungaa , jibb taahin chhaappan dewenge-----------------------

Hey buddy,

I did send this message to moderator Jangoo earlier but he never learned anything from my feedback:

GM, if you allow free flow of ideas then participation of members will increase. Also may be new members can try to be a part of this website. At the moment, website looks extremely dull and uninteresting. Let the free flow of voice and expression. The way you have blocked and controlled my freedom, looks like other members would have received the same treatment and they have slowly left this website. Only a handful of my posts shown on the website. While rest get deleted by you. Don't be a such an authoritarian regime. I want to be free of your clutches around me. Also don't write dull and boring generic responses to me. Trust me, if you won't change your style of moderator ship, more will leave this website and then doomsday is not far for this website.

I did not know before that other members are also facing same heat. Unbelievable. I wonder how come this man is allowed to moderate this website so heavily and so unaccountable!
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (August 29th, 2014), rajpaldular (August 29th, 2014), Sure (September 2nd, 2014), vk23 (August 29th, 2014)