Thread: Advantages of Dahi - Curd/Yogurt

Advantages of Dahi - Curd/Yogurt

Yogurt contains a specific type of Vitamin K, as well as pro-biotic benefits that provide protection against diabetes, change the micro-flora (micro-organisms present inside living beings) of the gut and improves the immune system of your body. The rich amount of minerals found in yogurt also appears to help curb production of the stress hormone cortisol, which has been linked to the accumulation of abdominal fat.
    Fat-free yogurt or pro-biotic yogurt naturally contains both high-quality carbohydrates and protein, making it one of the best foods for controlling blood sugar levels in your body.
    Studies also show that a diet high in calcium from yogurt and other such foods is associated with a reduced risk of Type-2 diabetes.
    For full details log : http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repor...i/20141014.htm
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (October 15th, 2014), ganeshjat (October 28th, 2014), vk23 (October 15th, 2014), ygulia (August 16th, 2017)

Photograph Courtesy: Creative Commons
    Yogurt is also a good source of essential carbohydrates and a punch of protein. The protein is needed for building muscles and also improves their regular functioning.
    Yogurt has rich content of calcium, phosphorus, vitamin B2, magnesium and beneficial fatty acids. Studies have shown that yogurt is also a good source of vitamin B12, vitamin B5, zinc, potassium, protein and molybdenum.
    Consuming yogurt 4 to 5 times a week is a healthy way to get the calcium that the body needs, especially for the people who cannot tolerate most other dairy products. It contains an enzyme called lactase, which breaks down the lactose in the digestive system.
    A cup of plain, low-fat yogurt contains 154 calories, with 13 grams of protein, 3.8 grams of fat and 17 grams of carbohydrates. The glycemic index of plain, low-fat yogurt is just 14, which is very low.
    To add fiber to this healthy meal, stir a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed into your yogurt and then slice up some low-glycemic fruit, such as orange, peach, kiwi or pear to make it healthier.
    For an extra shot of protein, toss in some chopped walnuts or almonds.
    There are plenty of ways to consume yogurt: If you don't like plain yogurt, then you can always throw in some fruits and nuts or try low calorie yogurt smoothies that make a delicious post workout or evening snack.
    This will help you cut down on high-fat, high-calorie, high-sugar foods which indirectly lead to obesity, heart problems and diabetes.

Source acknowledged : http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repor...i/20141014.htm
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (October 15th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (October 27th, 2014), vk23 (October 15th, 2014)

Low fat curd is good. So use skim milk to make low fat yogurt. Some people prefer Greek Style yogurt which is high in protein and calcium. Good for digestion and strong bones and muscles.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vk23 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 21st, 2014), sukhbirhooda (October 27th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by vk23 View Post
    strong bones and muscles.
    preferring always rich diet food doesn't respond to healthy immune but for sure will allow you to perform daily activities efficiently. Its hereditary also.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shokeen59 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 21st, 2014), sukhbirhooda (October 27th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by shokeen59 View Post
    preferring always rich diet food doesn't respond to healthy immune but for sure will allow you to perform daily activities efficiently. Its hereditary also.
    Perhaps uses of milk products in daily diets enrich healthy immune components also. Isn't it so !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (October 27th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Perhaps uses of milk products in daily diets enrich healthy immune components also. Isn't it so !
    I take healthy diet but Sir, for sure I can say I might not be able to do that much task that you can do at your this age. People these days go for flavoured curd, flavoured milk and so on, who bothers to get the dairy milk that too the purest one.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shokeen59 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 28th, 2014)

I take healthy diet but Sir, for sure I can say I might not be able to do that much task that you can do at your this age. People these days go for flavoured curd, flavoured milk and so on, who bothers to get the dairy milk that too the purest one.
    Purity of food contents is one of the major causality of late. However one must try to get ISI marked items where chances of impurity are minimized.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (October 28th, 2014)

Agreed to entire conversation, Sir!

Rather than ISI logo or mark, I prefer packed food or drinks.

Neelam

Addition

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    Rather than ISI logo or mark, I prefer packed food or drinks.
    I was inaccurate to say this, however, right way to chose a food product is not only the ISI/company logo...it also includes MIC on product as well as fssai license

Regards

for me, Milk/tea/coffee has been restricted by doctors advise and in the above quote its me with forgot password Id

Quote Originally Posted by vk23 View Post
    Yoghurt is good for digestion and strong bones and muscles.
    No doubt, but I always had to add black salt in it to make it digestive component.

Purity of food contents is one of the major causality of late. However one must try to get ISI marked items where chances of impurity are minimized.
    Yeap. Certified products carry some credibility. Food products are marked by FSSAI.