Thread: How to Guard yourself against Severe Winter

How to Guard yourself against Severe Winter

Since winter has started to show its colours, it is time to know what precautions are required to falling prey to cold conditions and sickness.

In addition to keeping the body temperature in control by using warm clothing, some control on diet habits are advised to be adhered to in winter season.

Different sections of the society have to face the vagueries of the season differently. So come up with your shared experiences and what precautions do you suggest on the issue.

Kindly share your views on the issue so that all could be sharers for their usefulness.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (December 7th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (December 11th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Since winter has started to show its colours, it is time to know what precautions are required to falling prey to cold conditions and sickness.

In addition to keeping the body temperature in control by using warm clothing, some control on diet habits are advised to be adhered to in winter season.

Different sections of the society have to face the vagueries of the season differently. So come up with your shared experiences and what precautions do you suggest on the issue.

Kindly share your views on the issue so that all could be sharers for their usefulness.
    1. Hot milk with "Gud" before going to bed
    OR
    2. small peg of whiskey late in the evening

I am a great fan of both the above.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (December 7th, 2014), cooljat (December 13th, 2014), DrRajpalSingh (December 19th, 2014), Gauri (December 31st, 2014), login4vinay (December 9th, 2014), spdeshwal (December 11th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (December 11th, 2014)

Gud with hot milk is a classic favourite.

The below 2 options have always helped me in cold and cough:

1.Ginger Water: Coarsely pound ginger is boiled in a cup of water till the water reduces to half the original volume, add some honey and drink hot at bedtime.
    2.Tulsi & Ginger with Honey: Mix Tulsi in a grinder with some ginger and serve the paste with equal amount of honey. Mix warm water and sip it in. This can be taken anytime.
    There is no respect for others without humanity in yourself

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gauri For This Useful Post:

spdeshwal (January 9th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (January 3rd, 2015), vishalsunsunwal (December 31st, 2015)

१. बाजरे की रोटी, कढी या गुड के साथ।
    २. मूफली
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

cooljat (January 1st, 2015), sukhbirhooda (January 3rd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    १. बाजरे की रोटी, कढी या गुड के साथ।
    २. मूफली
    Sardi se bachav ka sasta aur shrestha nuskha !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauri View Post
    Gud with hot milk is a classic favourite.

The below 2 options have always helped me in cold and cough:

1.Ginger Water: Coarsely pound ginger is boiled in a cup of water till the water reduces to half the original volume, add some honey and drink hot at bedtime.
    2.Tulsi & Ginger with Honey: Mix Tulsi in a grinder with some ginger and serve the paste with equal amount of honey. Mix warm water and sip it in. This can be taken anytime.
    Wah kitna sada aur achha tarika uplabdh karya hai, dhanyavad !!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 31st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    1. Hot milk with "Gud" before going to bed
    OR
    2. small peg of whiskey late in the evening

I am a great fan of both the above.

RK^2
    Sir, try this one....Sip Small peg of rum with 'hot' water.
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 31st, 2015), ayushkadyan (December 30th, 2015), cooljat (December 30th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 31st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Sir, try this one....Sip Small peg of rum with 'hot' water.
    The Mohan Meakin's made Old Monk would be a good choice if anyone wants to go with desi brand.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 31st, 2015)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 31st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    Cough Syrup chalega ?
    Chalega nahin dorega --cough syrup in, cough out !

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

gsolanki9063 (December 31st, 2015), rekhasmriti (December 31st, 2015)

For me it is like,

from head to toe order.......

warm scarf around head and neck, winter cap over it
    woolen gloves untill I reach to my locker at work place
    pullover/sweater, over it comes warm jacket....if required, then one more sweater inside the jacket
    body warmer leggings, woolen socks, to cover it are closed bellies/women shoes (not sporty

That much is sufficient for me if I have to move out for work in NCR Delhi and rest I do not have to change like food or water type or ice-creams,etc.

This time I will be at home, to ab to thand se darr gayi......did online shopping for muffler, shawl as well. Office jaate hain to thand thodi kam lagti hai

Winters are too cold! 😱

Take Vanilla Ice cream Cup in one hand and One large XXX Rum Peg in Warm water in another hand. Eat and drink very slowly from each hand with song ' La ke teen peg baliye' in background with expressions like Mr Bean on the face. This process should and must be followed with 20-30 minutes as they are the last moments of your youth, I can guarantee that no one ( gender free, age free) can still feel any winter/cold , if they do , then they should report me to the nearest police station.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post

Sabse badiya ye h ki gadi me ek RUM ki bottle aur namkeen rakho. Office se nikalte he 1 peg maar lo.

Thand bhi ni lagegi aur mosam bhi suhana lagega.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Take Vanilla Ice cream Cup in one hand and One large XXX Rum Peg in Warm water in another hand. Eat and drink very slowly from each hand with song ' La ke teen peg baliye' in background with expressions like Mr Bean on the face. This process should and must be followed with 20-30 minutes as they are the last moments of your youth, I can guarantee that no one ( gender free, age free) can still feel any winter/cold , if they do , then they should report me to the nearest police station.
    Bhai sardi me Beri k Bhagwan Das Halwai ka Gazar-pak bhi bot fayda kara kre sardi me....

Sham ne 2-3 piece gazar-pak aur doodh...alag e maza hai.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasJAT For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (January 6th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Kyun, police station mein kaunsi angithi jalaye rahte ho bhai?........... But I liked the suggestion , rest is subject to their own risk............hehehehe