Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Narendra Modi as Prime Minister of India : An appraisal

Two of the greatest contributions of the present NDA Government led by PM Modi is controlling inflation and connecting maximum people with our banks by opening zero balance accounts.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; June 13th, 2015 at 08:36 AM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Since the thread is meant to appraise the policies of the NDA Government policies led by PM Modi one has to recognise that this Government has done a great service to provide social security to hitherto neglected the poorest of the poor bank account holders and workers engaged in unorganised sector by initiating various insurance schemes. The credit goes to the PM for his positive contribution in this regard.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Before I participate in the thread discussions, I opt to post thinking of some others that I happened to read on some social site

I am under no obligation to agree or disagree with these views

"
    मुझे मोदी जी की बीमा योजनाअच्छी लगी थी पर जब इस योजना की वास्तविकता सामने आई तो बड़ा दुःख हुआ हम लोग भी बरबाद होगें और पब्लिक भी । प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती बीमा योजना की कुछ जरूरी जानकारी :

कंपनी का नाम :-
    STAR UNION Dai-ichi life insurance company
    (विदेशी कंपनी है )

Assurance :-
    Rs 2 lac on death of the insured member is payable to the Nominee only.

Surrender value /Maturity value :-
    there will be no surrender value or maturity valve payable under this policy.

यानि अगर 50 साल तक पैसा भरे है पर मरे नही तो पैसा डूब गया समझो।

Eligibility :-
    18 to 50 years of age.

Termination of
    assurance :-

after 55 years.

Premium :-
    Rs. 330 (जितनी पाँलिसी होगी उतना पैसा विदेशी कंपनी को जाऐगा )

rates of premiun can be changed or revised at any time and The bank or insurance company has right to discountinue the scheme at any time.

The bank will act for and on behalf of the mambers in all matters. and it is totally depanded on mutual agreement beetwin bank and inssurance company.

इसका मतलब ये है कि हम कंपनी पर किसी भी प्रकार की शिकायत या मुकदमा नही कर सकते।

इससे अच्छा है LIC अपना पैसा अपने देश मे रहेगा।

प्रधान मंत्री की जीवन ज्योति योजना :

क्लेम कैसे सेटल होगा ??
    नहीं मालूम..

Dai-Ichi का ऑफिस कहाँ ??
    नहीं मालूम...

रिश्वत कितनी लगेगी ??
    नहीं मालूम..

क्या बैंक क्लेम सेटल करवाएंगे ??
    नहीं मालूम..

पेपर्स कहाँ देने होंगे ??
    नहीं मालूम...

अगर खाते में पैसे नहीं हुए तो क्या पालिसी लैप्स हो जायेगी ??
    नहीं मालूम....

रेवाइवल होगी भी या नहीं ??
    नहीं मालूम..

बस आप तो बैंक में जाइए
    बीमा लीजिये
    और भारत सरकार की उपलब्धि के आंकड़े तैयार करवाइये ....

कल किस ने देखा ....

अब देश की मृत्य दर 7 प्रतिशत है। यानी की प्रतिवर्ष दस लाख की मृत्यु। इसमें से 18 से 50 की मृत्यु दर सबसे कम 1 प्रतिशत है अर्थात एक लाख है।
    तो प्रतिवर्ष 2लाखX1लाख=20000000000
    20 अरब रुपया का भुगतान।
    देश में 18 से 50 की आयु 500000000 अर्थात 50करोड़ से ज्यादा है।
    50 करोड़ X330=1650000000000
    16 खरब रुपया का प्रीमियम जापानी कम्पनी को।
    अब आप लोग बताओ कि में सही हु या गलत
    जावाब अवश्य देना "

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

ManjeetS (June 25th, 2015), rajbhasker (June 17th, 2015), rekhasmriti (June 13th, 2015), rskankara (June 13th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Domestic and international political decisions by various countries all over the globe are not dictated by any one country whichever country it may be. Therefore, Indians desirous of joining the international and global workforce has to compete and make a place where their talent is best rewarded whether in India or abroad.

Even in the UK case under discussion, Government of India cannot do much to undo what they want to implement. Just raising the issue on various platforms UN or in bilateral talks they can just ventilate their opposition to discrimination clause in regard to EU and non-EU immigrants ! But the final say in the matter rests with UK.

Decisions taken by any given government is mostly to take decisions favoring its own country, second point is existence of politicians (who take decisions regarding the policies) does not depend on taking the correct decision rather on decision which can bring out new issues, so that the present elected political parties are elected next time as well.

This does not mean the present parties which are in power, take the correct decisions.
    These decisions not only favor their own country but also other countries. This us usually not the case.

---repeat post edited----
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; June 16th, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

RKhatkar (June 16th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RKhatkar View Post
    Before I participate in the thread discussions, I opt to post thinking of some others that I happened to read on some social site

" मुझे मोदी जी की बीमा योजनाअच्छी लगी थी पर जब इस योजना की वास्तविकता सामने आई तो बड़ा दुःख हुआ हम लोग भी बरबाद होगें और पब्लिक भी । प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती बीमा योजना की कुछ जरूरी जानकारी :

कंपनी का नाम :-
    STAR UNION Dai-ichi life insurance company
    (विदेशी कंपनी है )

Assurance :-
    Rs 2 lac on death of the insured member is payable to the Nominee only.

Surrender value /Maturity value :-
    there will be no surrender value or maturity valve payable under this policy.

यानि अगर 50 साल तक पैसा भरे है पर मरे नही तो पैसा डूब गया समझो।

Eligibility :-
    18 to 50 years of age.

Termination of
    assurance :-

after 55 years.

Premium :-
    Rs. 330 (जितनी पाँलिसी होगी उतना पैसा विदेशी कंपनी को जाऐगा )

rates of premiun can be changed or revised at any time and The bank or insurance company has right to discountinue the scheme at any time.

The bank will act for and on behalf of the mambers in all matters. and it is totally depanded on mutual agreement beetwin bank and inssurance company.

इसका मतलब ये है कि हम कंपनी पर किसी भी प्रकार की शिकायत या मुकदमा नही कर सकते।

इससे अच्छा है LIC अपना पैसा अपने देश मे रहेगा।

प्रधान मंत्री की जीवन ज्योति योजना :

क्लेम कैसे सेटल होगा ??
    नहीं मालूम..

Dai-Ichi का ऑफिस कहाँ ??
    नहीं मालूम...

रिश्वत कितनी लगेगी ??
    नहीं मालूम..

क्या बैंक क्लेम सेटल करवाएंगे ??
    नहीं मालूम..

पेपर्स कहाँ देने होंगे ??
    नहीं मालूम...

अगर खाते में पैसे नहीं हुए तो क्या पालिसी लैप्स हो जायेगी ??
    नहीं मालूम....

रेवाइवल होगी भी या नहीं ??
    नहीं मालूम..

बस आप तो बैंक में जाइए
    बीमा लीजिये
    और भारत सरकार की उपलब्धि के आंकड़े तैयार करवाइये ....

कल किस ने देखा ....

अब देश की मृत्य दर 7 प्रतिशत है। यानी की प्रतिवर्ष दस लाख की मृत्यु। इसमें से 18 से 50 की मृत्यु दर सबसे कम 1 प्रतिशत है अर्थात एक लाख है।
    तो प्रतिवर्ष 2लाखX1लाख=20000000000
    20 अरब रुपया का भुगतान।
    देश में 18 से 50 की आयु 500000000 अर्थात 50करोड़ से ज्यादा है।
    50 करोड़ X330=1650000000000
    16 खरब रुपया का प्रीमियम जापानी कम्पनी को।
    अब आप लोग बताओ कि में सही हु या गलत
    जावाब अवश्य देना "
    Thanks for the input. All details must be cross checked and verified from the banks by the would be beneficiaries before joining the scheme !

Also shed light on features of other two new Insurance schemes/ policies, if possible.

The post was seen from social site of some banker. I also have some input with me, I shall try to post it soon

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 17th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    Decisions taken by any given government is mostly to take decisions favoring its own country, second point is existence of politicians (who take decisions regarding the policies) does not depend on taking the correct decision rather on decision which can bring out new issues, so that the present elected political parties are elected next time as well.

This does not mean the present parties which are in power, take the correct decisions.
    These decisions not only favor their own country but also other countries. This us usually not the case.
    Friend,

I could not make out the meaning of the post; could you further elaborate it with reference to context of our posts on the issue being discussed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKhatkar View Post

"
    मुझे मोदी जी की बीमा योजनाअच्छी लगी थी पर जब इस योजना की वास्तविकता सामने आई तो बड़ा दुःख हुआ हम लोग भी बरबाद होगें और पब्लिक भी । प्रधानमंत्री जीवन ज्योती बीमा योजना की कुछ जरूरी जानकारी :
    Haryana main free of cost thi. http://socialjusticehry.gov.in/Rajiv...0thAug2011.pdf

Modi ji lage hue hai gribo ko bhi lootne.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

RKhatkar (June 17th, 2015)

Thanks, Narender Ji for providing very important information. This Haryana scheme is comprehensive and well defined, also it seems to be the best among all schemes available on date.

[ Extract from Haryana Government Gazette. dated the 6th September. 20 II I
    HARYANA GOVERNMENT
    SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMI:':NT DEPARTMENT
    Notification
    The 30th August. 20 I I
    No.618-SW(4)-2011. -In supersession of the earlier Notification No. 1076-SW(4)-2004. dated 29th April,
    2004, Notification No. 2188-SW(4 )-2009. dated 19th November. 2009 and Notification No. 2396-SW( 4) 2009, dated
    30th December 2009. The Scheme shall be called "Rajiv Gandhi Pariwar Bima Yojana" and shall be applicable
    throughout the State of Haryana. This scheme is completely free and no premium or consideration of any kind is
    collected from the eligible beneficiaries.
    A 1M AND OBJECTIVE
    A lot of people die or get permanently disabled due to various accidents like rail/road accidents, fires, drowning,
    snake bites, electrocution and farming equipment or even unnatural causes like murder. poisoning etc. This results in
    not only suffering to the bereaved dependents on account of the loss of life but heavy financial burden to the affected
    family.
    As on date, there is no or very little compensation available to the bereaved family following death/permanent
    disablement of the domicile of Haryana in case of road/rail accident. Dependent of the deceased can approach Motor
    Accident Claims Tribunals for relief but such processes take a lot of time in getting compensation through Motor
    Accident Claims Tribunals. It also involves a lot of paper-work. proceedings in the court and several witnesses to
    finalize the case resulting in delay. In this way. relevance of the compensation is more or less diminished.
    This creates an urgent need for financial support. which in fact is proposed to be provided by this scheme in the
    form of compensation to the bereaved family as per details below in order to address their immediate financial
    requirements.
    1. ELIGIBILITY
    (i) Beneficiary
    Persons of age 18 years and above but below 60 years of all the families in Haryana whose names appear in
    the voters' list of Haryana or who hold Ration Card issued by the Food and Supplies Department of Haryana
    shall be covered under this Scheme. except the categories of family excluded in sub-para (ii) below and
    subject to the condition that the benefit will be admissible for only one member of the family. However, in
    cases where more than one member die or are injured in the same accident, benefit can be given in respect
    of all the dead or injured. Benefit of the scheme for death or permanent disability resulting from accident
    occurring even outside Haryana shall be extended under the scheme.
    Homeless people, if fulfilling other conditions, are covered under this Scheme.
    (ii) Categories excluded from the Scheme
    (a) Gross annual income from all sources exceeding n,50,OOO/-.
    (b) Employees of Government and its Public Sector Undertakings. Cooperative Institutions. Universities.
    Government Aided Institutions etc. as they are already covered under Group Insurance Scheme.
    2. COVERAGE
    (i) Death/ Permanent Total Disability/ Disability due to accidents like:
    (a) Rail/Road/Air accidents;
    (b) Riot, strike and terrorism;
    (c) Snake bite. drowning:
    (d) Poisoning. electrocution;
    (e) Falling from height, collapse of house/building;
    (f) Fire, Explosion, Implosion;
    (g) Murder;
    (h) Attack by animals;
    (i) Stampede and suffocation etc:
    (j) Frost bite, sun burn (100), lightning;
    (k) Bum Injuries;
    (I) Hungerl starvation (death only);
    (m) Maternal Mortality during child delivery (death only).
    (il) Death/Permanent Total DisabilitylDisability caused due to occupational hazards like threshing machine/
    ;"dustrial machine etc. or due to any other unnatural events, except following :
    (A) from-
    (i) War and allied perils,
    (ii) Nuclear risks,
    (iii) Self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide, or
    (B) whilst-
    (i) Under the influence of alcoholic drinks or drugs,
    (ii) Engaging in aviation activities other than traveling as a passenger,
    (iii) Breaching any law with criminal intent.
    3. BENEFIT
    The benefit is admissible as below:
    (a) Death ~l,OO,OOO/-
    n,OO,OOO/-
    ~50,OOO/-
    ~25,OOO/-
    (b) Permanent Total Disability
    (c) Loss of two limbs or two eyes or one limb and one eye
    (d) Loss of one eye or one limb
    The benefit will be paid to the legal heir(s) of the deceased in the following order strictly:
    (i) Firstly, to the surviving spouse;
    (ii) Secondly. to the children;
    (iii) Thirdly, to the parents;
    (iv) Lastly, to the siblings.
    Note:
    (1) To be eligible, the following conditions must be fulfilled by the legal heir(s) :
    (a) In the case of children/sibling, he/she must be unmarried and not above 25 years of age on the date of
    death of the beneficiary. The maximum age limit of 25 years will not be applicable in the case of a child
    with at least 40% disability.
    (b) His/her gross annual income should net exceed ~2.50,OOO/-. In the case of parents, the gross annual
    income of both the parents will be taken together.
    (C) The spouse is not re-married before the benefit ;:;:actua.ly paid.

(2) In case of more than one claimant in the same hierarchy. the claim shall be equally divided amongst
    them.
    4. PROCEDURE
    The procedure to be followed will be as follows:
    (i) Application will be received in the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil).
    (ii) SDO (C) will get the verification done and send the case to the DSWO with his recommendations within
    IS days.
    (iii) DSWO will examine and put up the case to the Deputy Commissioner for approval within a week.
    (iv) After the approval of the Deputy Commissioner. the amount will be drawn by the DSWO and he shall
    make a bank draft in favour of the eligible beneficiary. He shall send the draft by registered post or
    disburse to the beneficiary after due verification of identity. This process will be completed within IS
    days.
    (v) After disbursement. DSWO will intimate to the SDO(C). who is the Nodal Officer.
    S. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BYTHE LEGAL HEIR(S) IN CASE OF CLAIM
    (i) In the case of death
    (a) Recommendation of Sub Divisional Officer (Civilj/ Nodal Officer;
    (b) DomicilelResidence Certificate issued by the concerned CROrrehsildar or Naib- Tehsildar. In its absence.
    verification of residence done by the Sarpanch/ Municipal Commissioner shall be valid for the purpose;
    (c) Attested photocopy of voters' list! ration card:
    (d) Claim Form;
    (e) Post-mortem report and Death Certificate issued by the competent authority;
    (f) Copy of First Information Report or Daily Dairy Report, as the case may be;
    (g) An affidavit that no member of the family of the deceased was paid benefit under the Scheme earlier;
    that the gross annual income of the family of the deceased was not above ~ 2,50,000/-. Family includes
    spouse, children and parents of the deceased.
    (h) In case the spouse is claimant:
    An affidavit that he/she is not re-married;
    In case the children/siblings are claimant, :
    Age certificate and an affidavit that he/she is unmarried;
    In case the parents are claimants:
    A joint affidavit of gross annual income together.
    (ii) In case of Permanent Total Disabilityl Disability:
    (a) Recommendation of Sub Divisional Officer (Civil)! Nodal Officer;
    (b) Domicile!Residence Certificate issued by the concerned CROrrehsildar or Naib- Tehsildar. In its absence.
    verification of residence done by the Sarpanchl Municipal Commissioner shall be valid for the purpose;
    (c) Attested photocopy of voters' list! ration card;
    (d) Claim Form:
    (e) Medical Certificate and Medico-Legal Report issued by the competent authority confirming percentage
    and kind of disability;
    (f) Copy of First Information Report or Daily Dairy Report, as the case may be;
    (g) An affidavit that no member of the family of the beneficiary was paid benefit under the Scheme earlier;
    that the gross annual income of the family of the beneficiary was not above ~2,50.000/-. Family
    includes spouse, children and parents of the deceased.
    Note:
    I. As regards proof of age. Birth Certificate or Date of Birth given on the Education Certificate or Voter's
    Identity Card or Ration Card shall be acceptable.
    2. No claim will be entertained. if lodged after six months of the death or accident. as the case may be.
    6. INFORMA TION
    The District Social Welfare Officer and Sub- Divisional Officer (Civil) shall maintain a register in the prescribed
    format and shall dispose of the cases strictly on first-come-first-serve basis and a monthly report in this regard shall be
    submitted to the Directorate of Social Justice and Empowerment. Haryana.
    7. REJECTION OF CLAIM
    No application shall be rejected either by the District Social Welfare Officer or the Sub-Divisional Officer
    (Civil) at their level and all such application shall be decided by the Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned
    for decision. whose decision shall be final.
    8. APPEAL
    If aggrieved by the decision of Deputy Commissioner. the claimant or beneficiary can file an appeal before the
    Director. Social Justice & Empowerment. Haryana within one month.
    MANIK SONA\VJ-\.NE.
    Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary to
    Government. Haryana,
    Social Justice & Empowerment Department.
    481J42-CS-·HG.P. Chd
    Last edited by RKhatkar; June 17th, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 17th, 2015)

If anybody has links to Gazette Notifications of the recently started Central Government Insurance Schemes being implemented as of now by NDA/BJP Government, kindly share !

Role of a central minister in grant of Visa to Lalit Modi has generated some controversy on the function of Modi led Central Government and the opposition Congress Party is leaving no stone unturned to highlight this issue by organising press conferences and public rallies here and there. This will how much dent the shine of the Government or not is yet to be ascertained in future !

Expressing fear of imposition of Emergency by the Government by senior BJP leader L K Advani has added another dimension to the problems under which present Government is functioning.

This is a very serious issue that has to be clarified by the ruling NDA-BJP government otherwise it will eat away the credibility of the present dispensation.

Already, AAP leader and Delhi CM Arvind Kejariwal has expressed apprehension that Delhi Government may be the first victim of the use of intended Emergency as visualised by Mr. Advani .

The opposition Congress Party has taken up the issue regarding Lalit Modi as an opportunity to attack the ruling party in a big way. Party spokes persons and other functionaries are issuing statement for this purpose, The party was in search of some tangible issue to fight back with BJP before Bihar Assembly elections and they think that they have got one.

BJP stand on Lalit Modi case on Sushama Swaraj and Vashundhra Raje :

मोदी और शाह ने की चर्चा
    गुरुवार देर शाम को अमित शाह और नरेंद्र मोदी की मुलाकात में ललित मोदी विवाद से पार्टी को हुए नुकसान की भरपाई की रणनीति पर चर्चा हुई। वैसे आधिकारिक रूप से सुधांशु त्रिवेदी ने कहा कि वसुंधरा राजे और सुषमा स्वराज के मामले में भ्रष्टाचार और पद के दुरुपयोग का कोई प्रमाण नहीं है। लेकिन पार्टी के वरिष्ठ नेता मानते हैं कि इससे भाजपा की छवि खराब हुई है। एक वरिष्ठ नेता ने यहां तक स्वीकार किया कि इससे बिहार विधानसभा में पार्टी को नुकसान भी हो सकता है।

'त्यागपत्र का सवाल ही काल्पनिक है। ऐसा कोई भी तकनीकी या कानूनी आधार नहीं है, जिसके बिना पर कहा जा सके कि कोई अनुचित काम हुआ है।'
    -सुधांशु त्रिवेदी, भाजपा प्रवक्ता

For full story : http://www.jagran.com/thirdparty/net...-12500371.html

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Expressing fear of imposition of Emergency by the Government senior BJP leader L K Advani has added another dimension to the problems under which present Government is functioning.

This is a very serious issue that has to be clarified by the ruling NDA-BJP government otherwise it will eat away the credibility of the present dispensation.

Already, AAP leader and Delhi CM Arvind Kejariwal has expressed apprehension that Delhi Government may be the first victim of the use of intended Emergency as visualised by Mr. Advani .
    Clarifying his first mentioned stand on emergency, Advani is reported to say like this today:

भाजपा के संस्थापक सदस्यों में से एक आडवाणी ने कहा कि घमंड अधिनायकवाद का पोषक है। आज के नेताओं को वाजपेयी जैसा सरल होना चाहिए।राजनीतिक नेतृत्व में तानाशाही रवैया :राजनीतिक नेतृत्व में तानाशाही रवैये के चलन पर सवाल के जवाब में उन्होंने कहा, 'वह हमेशा से राजनीतिक दलों में एक ही आदमी के दखल के खिलाफ रहे हैं। इस मुद्दे पर अपनी स्थिति को और स्पष्ट करते हुए उन्होंने कहा कि वाजपेयी अपने सफल रिकार्ड के साथ बहुत ऊंचे कद के नेता रहे हैं। लेकिन उन्होंने कभी किसी को यह कहते नहीं सुना कि वाजपेयी भारत हैं और भारत वाजपेयी है।

For more on the issue Link : http://www.jagran.com/thirdparty/net...-12499369.html

Read some of reactions on Advani's Emergency related statement given to a news paper :

आडवाणी के बयान पर प्रतिक्रियाभाजपा में आडवाणी के बयान को मोदी सरकार के लिए संदेश के रुप में देखा जा रहा है। इस बीच पार्टी के बड़े नेता एमजे अकबर ने कहा कि मैं आडवाणी जी का सम्मान करता हूं। अकबर ने कहा कि उनका इशारा संस्थाओं की तरफ था। यह व्यक्ति केंद्रित नहीं था।कांग्रेस ने आडवाणी के बयान पर कहा कि उनका कहना बिल्कुल साफ है कि मोदी सरकार जिस तरह से काम कर रही है। इस हालात में आपातकाल की आंशका है। कांग्रेस प्रवक्ता टॉम वडक्कन ने कहा कि इस समय सरकार किसकी है, कौन पीएम है। संदेश साफ है। उन्होंने कहा कि मोदी सरकार की तरफ उंगली उठाई गई है।'आप' नेता आशुतोष ने कहा कि आडवाणी के बयान से साफ लगता है कि उन्हें मोदी सरकार पर विश्वास नहीं है। हालात जिस तरीके से पैदा किए जा रहे हैं, उस पर यह बयान खरा उतरता है।केजरीवाल ने अपने ट्वीट में कटाक्ष करते हुए कहा कि आडवाणी जी बिल्कुल सही कह रहे हैं। इमरजेंसी से इंकार नहीं किया जा सकता। क्या दिल्ली उनका पहला प्रयोग है?

Link :http://www.jagran.com/news/national-...-12493814.html

Links for getting details of GOI latest insurance Schemes

http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/

1-http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMJJBY/English/Rules.pdf

2-http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMSBY/English/Rules.pdf

3-http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/APY/English/Rules.pdf

MORE DETAILS

http://www.iba.org.in/video2.asp

http://www.pmjdy.gov.in/

http://www.iba.org.in/videos.asp
    Last edited by RKhatkar; June 23rd, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 25th, 2015)

"Even after 68 years of Independence there are still villages where there are no proper toilets for women. There are still villages with no proper schools. When Independence was achieved, it was told that good governance will be delivered. But it has not happened," Gadkari regretted while addressing a rally at Calcutta.

Share Lalu Prasad Yadav's satirical statement on HRD Minister and NDA Government RJD president Lalu Prasad said today Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani's "degrees may be fake, but she is not" after a Delhi court admitted a case accusing her of misrepresenting educational qualifications.Prasad said, "What is there to do with degrees? Irani is real. She is a woman. She has acted in the television serial 'Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. She respects me a lot."The former Bihar chief minister was talking to reporters after meeting party workers and leaders from Purnia division as part of RJD preparation for the state Assembly polls scheduled in September-October.Prasad further said that "the entire government at the Centre is fake. They are talking about making a smart city. Just keep watching what all they will make. They talked about bullet trains, but that will cost Rs 60,000 crore. From where this much money will be brought?"Prasad advised Modi to build better villagers instead of "decorating cities like brides".He alleged that the "Adarsh Gram Yojana" started by the Prime Minister has come to a standstill as there was no money available.The same has happened to the 'clean Ganga' campaign, he said.The veteran leader said that the BJP was eyeing Bihar with "vulture eyes" with an intention to grab power in the coming Assembly elections, but RJD will foil its plans. PTISource: www.oneindia.com
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; June 26th, 2015 at 09:49 PM.