Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Narendra Modi as Prime Minister of India : An appraisal

True to expectations, PM has asked the proposed Mandir founders to desist from doing so. Alternately, he has advised them to put in use their resources to carry forward ' clean India mission' [as reported by DD news in a broadcast a short while ago].

Let us hope that this sober chide to his over enthusiast supporters will have desired effect; and the proposed inauguration by one of Gujarat ministers of this religious shrine with Modi bust in it, would be stopped forthwith.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (February 12th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Modi is not alone to get temple by his blind followers. How about this Sonia Gandhi temple ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-25663855

Basically we are a nation of jokers who will go to any extent to glorify a person.

RK^2
    True. Why his devotees should lag behind devotees of his rival. After all, ours is a democratic country with free economy and a healthy competition of 'devotion' is permissible. But, do you think every action of his devotees should be evaluated in comparing to devotees of Sonia Gandhi or Congress for that matter. If so, how would you distinguish between good and bad devotion. Unfortunately, the 'blind heads' here have a tendency to justify everything saffron while invoking misrule of the ousted government. Sycophancy of all colours is reprehensible and let us condemn it instead of citing precedents and parallels.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (January 2nd, 2016), Arvindc (February 12th, 2015), rajbhasker (April 18th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 12th, 2015), spdeshwal (February 12th, 2015), ygulia (February 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by singhvp View Post
    True. Why his devotees should lag behind devotees of his rival. After all, ours is a democratic country with free economy and a healthy competition of 'devotion' is permissible. But, do you think every action of his devotees should be evaluated in comparing to devotees of Sonia Gandhi or Congress for that matter. If so, how would you distinguish between good and bad devotion. Unfortunately, the 'blind heads' here have a tendency to justify everything saffron while invoking misrule of the ousted government. Sycophancy of all colours is reprehensible and let us condemn it instead of citing precedents and parallels.

थोड़े दिन में केजरीवाल का भी बणन आला है …मुफ़्लर पहरे
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 12th, 2015), cooljat (February 12th, 2015), login4vinay (February 12th, 2015), Prikshit (February 12th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 12th, 2015), ssgoyat (February 12th, 2015)

सर जी,मोदी की मूर्ति से और ज्यादा परेशान होने की जरूरत नहीं है। प्रधानमंत्री मोदी के कड़े ऐतराज के बाद उनके समर्थको ने मंदिर बनाने का फैसला ठंडे बस्ते में डाल दिया है। अब वहाँ भारत माता की मूर्ति लगाने की योजना है।

इसे कहते है मैन इन एक्शन। अब तो बख्श दो उनको। कुछ नया ढूँढो।
    http://abpnews.abplive.in/ind/2015/0...ng-in-his-name
    Last edited by ayushkadyan; February 12th, 2015 at 01:57 PM.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

cooljat (February 12th, 2015), ManjeetS (February 12th, 2015), Prikshit (February 12th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    सर जी,मोदी की मूर्ति से और ज्यादा परेशान होने की जरूरत नहीं है। प्रधानमंत्री मोदी के कड़े ऐतराज के बाद उनके समर्थको ने मंदिर बनाने का फैसला ठंडे बस्ते में डाल दिया है। अब वहाँ भारत माता की मूर्ति लगाने की योजना है।

As per News This land acquired for Bharat mata minder before one year. Of course A person like as Modi will never like these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post

थोड़े दिन में केजरीवाल का भी बणन आला है …मुफ़्लर पहरे
    As Mayawati spend on Elephant

PM Modi’s special suit to be auctioned

http://www.newsroompost.com/162868/p...uit-auctioned/

I am not sure if the suit really cost Rs 10.lacs. However, chances are high that it will fetch much more during an open auction.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

RKhatkar (February 12th, 2015)

No two words, its very bad. What does one expect from a leader other than feeling appalled ? Modi has done the right thing. Hope this temple matter should get settled now. Culture of "Chamchagiri" needs to be ridiculed.

RK^2

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 13th, 2015), ManjeetS (February 13th, 2015), Prikshit (February 12th, 2015), sjakhars (February 19th, 2015), spdeshwal (February 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post

Naaa.. ye baat kyanh ne batani thi...nyu ke suvad liya ja se..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 12th, 2015), Prikshit (February 12th, 2015)

PM Modi’s special suit to be auctioned

http://www.newsroompost.com/162868/p...uit-auctioned/

I am not sure if the suit really cost Rs 10.lacs. However, chances are high that it will fetch much more during an open auction.

RK^2
    Modi Ji is a great personality; such corrections are only possible in rare persons. Very difficult to kill/evade MAAN- BADAI-ABHIMAAN, LOBH & AHANKAR but bold & strong persons overcome/control these immediately; Modi Ji seems to prove himself.

Thanks

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 12th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (February 19th, 2015), ManjeetS (February 13th, 2015), SumitJattan (February 20th, 2015)

Anna Hazare has come out in open in support of the farmers and decided to launch movement opposing promulgation of Ordinance making certain changes in Land Acquisition Act shortly.

Thus, Anna has thrown up an open challenge to the government to withdraw the ordinance or face the movement against it.

The government's reaction towards this demand would be seen as the litmus test for the BJP leaders, who frequently declare themselves from the house tops that they are the only champions of the farmers cause in India.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (February 13th, 2015), ManjeetS (February 13th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 20th, 2015)

An interesting editorial has appeared in today's The Tribune, of which an extract reads as under :

PM speaks out against ‘Modi temple’, please say more

For quite some time now, the Prime Minister is being judged for what he hasn't said than for what he has. So, for all his Mann Ki Baat of Swachh Bharat, growth and development, what's still awaited is a word on the unabated disturbing running commentary of Sangh Parivar hardliners. Reports of a temple dedicated to him at a village in Gujarat's Rajkot, however, elicited a prompt and reassuring response from the PM.

“Have seen the news about a temple being built in my name. I was appalled. This is shocking and against India's great traditions. Personally, it made me very sad. If you have time and resources, devote it for Clean India,” he tweeted.

It took nearly two years to build the temple. It had a photograph of Narendra Modi initially, but was replaced with a bespectacled and bearded stone idol.

Link for full editorial : http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/edi...his/41206.html

Hope that over enthusiasts would stop their attempts to lower the image of the Prime Minister by indulging in this type of any other gimmicks and let him lead the nation towards implementation of his oft repeated declared policies aimed at achievement of the goal of all inclusive development.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; February 13th, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (February 13th, 2015), RKhatkar (February 20th, 2015)

No two words, its very bad. What does one expect from a leader other than feeling appalled ? Modi has done the right thing. Hope this temple matter should get settled now. Culture of "Chamchagiri" needs to be ridiculed.

RK^2
    You're right. But somehow these kind of matter effect his Personal Image.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (February 19th, 2015)

when life throws you lemons make lemonade

when life throws you lemons make lemonade

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-31514509

Bids for Indian PM Narendra Modi's suit pass $190,000
    The proceeds will be used to clean the heavily polluted river Ganges.

The clean-up is a pet project of the prime minister, and his government has set a target to complete the task within three years.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rsdalal For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 18th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (February 19th, 2015), Prikshit (February 18th, 2015), sjakhars (February 19th, 2015), SumitJattan (February 20th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    An interesting editorial has appeared in today's The Tribune, of which an extract reads as under :

PM speaks out against ‘Modi temple’, please say more

For quite some time now, the Prime Minister is being judged for what he hasn't said than for what he has. So, for all his Mann Ki Baat of Swachh Bharat, growth and development, what's still awaited is a word on the unabated disturbing running commentary of Sangh Parivar hardliners. Reports of a temple dedicated to him at a village in Gujarat's Rajkot, however, elicited a prompt and reassuring response from the PM.

“Have seen the news about a temple being built in my name. I was appalled. This is shocking and against India's great traditions. Personally, it made me very sad. If you have time and resources, devote it for Clean India,” he tweeted.

It took nearly two years to build the temple. It had a photograph of Narendra Modi initially, but was replaced with a bespectacled and bearded stone idol.

Link for full editorial : http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/edi...his/41206.html

Hope that over enthusiasts would stop their attempts to lower the image of the Prime Minister by indulging in this type of any other gimmicks and let him lead the nation towards implementation of his oft repeated declared policies aimed at achievement of the goal of all inclusive development.
    बड़े अरमानों से नौलखा सूट पहना था, मगर नहीं बर्दाश्त हुआ ज़ालिम ज़माने से I विरोधियों के साथ ही निष्ठुर मीडिआ को भी मुफ्त में मसाला मिल गया था, जी भर के दिखाया I हो जायेगा नीलाम सरे बाज़ार I बोली करोड़ से ऊपर पहुँच गई है क्योंकि सूट branded है और ब्रांडेड माल तो अक्सर महंगा ही होता है I सबसे ऊंची बोली लगाने वाला भी साहब का कोई परिचित ही है जिसने दावा किया है कि उसका साहब से पुराना और घनिष्ट सम्बन्ध रहा है क्योंकि उसके अनुसार उनकी पत्नी साहब की गोद में बैठती थी I (शायद बचपन में बैठी होगी, मासूम इंसान से कहने में थोड़ी चूक हो गई, कोई इसका गलत मतलब ना निकाले) I उधर एक प्रवक्ता के अनुसार सूट की नीलामी की पूँजी गरीबों को मिलेगी I कोई कहता है की इस पूंजी से गंगा साफ़ की जाएगी I खैर जो भी हुआ अच्छा नहीं हुआ I यूं किसी को कपडे लत्ते बेचने पर मज़बूर नहीं करना चाहिए मीडिया वालों और विरोधी पार्टी वालों को I अज़ीब दस्तूर है ज़माने का, कपड़े पहनों तो मुश्किल, ना पहनो तो मुश्किल I यह खबर पढ़ कर हमारे गाँव के रामफल ने भी भैंस बेचकर लन्दन से एक महंगा और कस्टम-मेड सूट मंगवाने का आर्डर रद्द कर दिया है I क्योंकि उसको भी सरपंच का चुनाव लड़ना है, कहीं सूट मुद्दा ना बन जाये I बल्कि इस घटना से प्रेरित होकर उसने अपने पुराने लत्ते कपड़ों की एक गठड़ी नीलाम करने का फैसला लिया है, जिसमे पट्टे आला कच्छा, पाजामा, १ जोड़ा टूटे हुए लीत्तर और उसकी घर आली की दहेज़ में लाई ४ घाघरी भी शामिल हैं I

But people should not try to lower someone's image like this. Very bad.
    Last edited by singhvp; February 19th, 2015 at 05:29 AM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (February 23rd, 2015), ManjeetS (February 19th, 2015), rajbhasker (April 18th, 2015), spdeshwal (February 24th, 2015)

बड़े अरमानों से नौलखा सूट पहना था, मगर नहीं बर्दाश्त हुआ ज़ालिम ज़माने से I विरोधियों के साथ ही निष्ठुर मीडिआ को भी मुफ्त में मसाला मिल गया था, जी भर के दिखाया I हो जायेगा नीलाम सरे बाज़ार I बोली करोड़ से ऊपर पहुँच गई है क्योंकि सूट branded है और ब्रांडेड माल तो अक्सर महंगा ही होता है I सबसे ऊंची बोली लगाने वाला भी साहब का कोई परिचित ही है जिसने दावा किया है कि उसका साहब से पुराना और घनिष्ट सम्बन्ध रहा है क्योंकि उसके अनुसार उनकी पत्नी साहब की गोद में बैठती थी I (शायद बचपन में बैठी होगी, मासूम इंसान से कहने में थोड़ी चूक हो गई, कोई इसका गलत मतलब ना निकाले) I उधर एक प्रवक्ता के अनुसार सूट की नीलामी की पूँजी गरीबों को मिलेगी I कोई कहता है की इस पूंजी से गंगा साफ़ की जाएगी I खैर जो भी हुआ अच्छा नहीं हुआ I यूं किसी को कपडे लत्ते बेचने पर मज़बूर नहीं करना चाहिए मीडिया वालों और विरोधी पार्टी वालों को I अज़ीब दस्तूर है ज़माने का, कपड़े पहनों तो मुश्किल, ना पहनो तो मुश्किल I यह खबर पढ़ कर हमारे गाँव के रामफल ने भी भैंस बेचकर लन्दन से एक महंगा और कस्टम-मेड सूट मंगवाने का आर्डर रद्द कर दिया है I क्योंकि उसको भी सरपंच का चुनाव लड़ना है, कहीं सूट मुद्दा ना बन जाये I बल्कि इस घटना से प्रेरित होकर उसने अपने पुराने लत्ते कपड़ों की एक गठड़ी नीलाम करने का फैसला लिया है, जिसमे पट्टे आला कच्छा, पाजामा, १ जोड़ा टूटे हुए लीत्तर और उसकी घर आली की दहेज़ में लाई ४ घाघरी भी शामिल हैं I

Auction move is also wrong. Now people are 100% confirmed and they really don't care it's gifted or not.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (February 23rd, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ManjeetS View Post
    Auction move is also wrong. Now people are 100% confirmed and they really don't care it's gifted or not.
    Sita underwent "Agni-Pariksha", However, "Dhobi" was not convinced. .. "Dhobi" tribe has multiplied over 1000s of years...
    One of their tribal leader has already made his way to throne. Let us see how efficiently "Dhobi Ghat" performs..

RK^2

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 20th, 2015), cooljat (February 20th, 2015), ssgoyat (February 19th, 2015), vikasgulia (February 19th, 2015)

Sita underwent "Agni-Pariksha", However, "Dhobi" was not convinced. .. "Dhobi" tribe has multiplied over 1000s of years...
    One of their tribal leader has already made his way to throne. Let us see how efficiently "Dhobi Ghat" performs..

RK^2
    sir ji aab aap dhobhi ghat bolo ya kuch aur. Ye crore ka suit to Modi ko le baitha. haha.

maja aa gaya sir ji aapka lekh padh kar. hahaha.

The Land Acquisition Act amendment Ordinance promulgated by the Government is also emerging as a stumbling block in the way of the Central Govt as almost all the opposition parties have taken position against its passage in both the House of Parliament.

On the other hand Anna Hazare has threatened to launch Jail Bharo Andolan if the Ordinance is not withdrawn.

Let us see how the Government reconcile to the demand of opponents of the Ordinance on Land Acquisition Act amendment.