Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tracing Modern Indian Jat Clans in Ancient Historical Sources

I do not know, if i have told this before:

People of Israel and people following Judaism, have a name called "Aadi", which is used for words like "Aadi kal" meaning "Ancient". Interesting the word "Aadi is spelled exactly as we spell word "Aadi" in "Aadi Kal".

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    I do not know, if i have told this before:

People of Israel and people following Judaism, have a name called "Aadi", which is used for words like "Aadi kal" meaning "Ancient". Interesting the word "Aadi is spelled exactly as we spell word "Aadi" in "Aadi Kal".
    Mere similarity of sounds and similarity of symbols representing those sounds (script) do not make them words having a meaning. It would be premature to conclude to take such occurance as some thing related to each other. We can only be amused.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 13th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by drssrana2003 View Post
    Mere similarity of sounds and similarity of symbols representing those sounds (script) do not make them words having a meaning. It would be premature to conclude to take such occurance as some thing related to each other. We can only be amused.
    Dr. Sahib,

This is just to learn if you could share the first word denoting 'Jat' as community in any of the literary source of any language that has come across your knowledge.

Thanks and regards
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Dr. Sahib,

This is just to learn if you could share the first word denoting 'Jat' as community in any of the literary source of any language that has come across your knowledge.

Thanks and regards
    I have not directly studied all literature in my field of Sanskrit. But directly or indirectly the ancient Sanskrit literature does not seem to refer to any such term as jat meaning a community. All the claims put forward in this behalf by a host of wtiters, maily jats themselves should be having their own reasons. BUT THEY DO NOT stand before rational scrutiny.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 17th, 2015)

Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 10

I will request to go through above Chapter in Mahabharata which is available on Jatland Wiki. See here -

http://www.jatland.com/home/Bhisma_P..._VI_Chapter_10

It Describes geography and provinces of Bharatavarsha which includes Rivers, Mountains, Provinces and Kingdoms. Many of the Jat clans have descended from these ancient Kshatriya clans.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    ... Participants are requested to present their views on the origin and history of any of the modern day Jat clans/ Gotras/sub-clans for discussion. We will try to find out the traces of these issues in Ancient Indian Historical Sources ...
    Are there any "written" ancient Indian historical sources before Alexander the Great invaded India? In other words, is there any credible "written" history of India that goes back more than about 2,500 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgmjat View Post
    Are there any "written" ancient Indian historical sources before Alexander the Great invaded India? In other words, is there any credible "written" history of India that goes back more than about 2,500 years ago?
    I will try to find out.Till the time I trace information asked for could you make it possible to share what classic greek writers say on this issue.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

'Jartikas' is mentioned in the Mahabharata to which some historians trace root word for 'Jats' in the Epic.

But some others say that a European who made study of tribes in the epic has not mentioned this tribe

in his discussion so this word did not exist in old MBT edition. Could anyone settle the issue by throwing light on the real position to which the European author refers to when he is denying the hard fact that 'Jaritkas' are clearly mentioned in the epic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

SALURAM (September 26th, 2017)

350BC Panini, a resident of Gandhara, describes the grammar and morphology of Sanskrit in the text Ashtadhyayi
    Laxman Burdak

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (November 9th, 2015)

9000BC Early Neolithic culture with first confirmed semi permanent settlements appeared 9,000 years ago in the Bhimbetka rock shelters in modern Madhya Pradesh, India.
    Laxman Burdak

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (November 9th, 2015)

Due to political mindset and their mass following, India is loosing its true history at a very fast rate, which means it is building states within states which will eventually turn to another feudal, economic and political system ruled by gangs and mobs or uneducated masses siting different reasons such as being downtrodden, religious sects, blind nationalism, samaj, sects, etc.

Educated people will be most effect, which can be seen in current context as the educated people have to eat all the adulterated food from milk to daily vegetables, bread, etc. Which all are highly contaminated. Educated people also have to face a corrupt and polluted system. Due to this polluted system even the agricultural land is loosing its fertility and in few decades it will become barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgmjat View Post
    We have wikified on Jatland India as Known to Panini - book by Vasudeva Saran Agrawala. It is a study of the cultural material in the Ashṭādhyāyī, Published by University of Lucknow, 1953, India, 549 pages.

Panini's period was about 500 BC.
    Laxman Burdak