Thread: Salute Women on International Women Day

Salute Women on International Women Day

Let us Salute Women of the World, for their contribution and achievements in various fields of life,

On the occasion of International Women Day,

And.

Pray that People make a change in their Mind-sets

And Start paying

Due Respect to almost half of the total Population of the World as equal partners.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 8th, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

jatofbhiwani (March 10th, 2015), nrao (March 19th, 2015)

Lets give equal weight age to 19 November as well .

We just started celebrating 19 November since last year at my work place .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 15th, 2015), ssgoyat (April 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Let us Salute Women of the World, for their contribution and achievements in various fields of life,

On the occasion of International Women Day,

And.

Pray that People make a change in their Mind-sets

And Start paying

Due Respect to almost half of the total Population of the World as equal partners.
    Since female members are less participants, male members celebrated this day with the people of the world and also seem to have introspected plight of 'men' in the society as revealed in another thread on this very site:

https://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php/38124-Being-a-man-is-also-a-curse

Is this not a good thing that the males have also started to compare fair sex as their equally important factor in influencing the functioning of the social set up which was earlier considered to be a sole male citadel . Change of mind set indeed as they have recognised the strength of the women for pushing the men where they consider their very existence also as 'curse.'

The solution of the problem of such mind sets on either side lies in mutually amicable compromise not competition on the roles of both the sexes.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; March 15th, 2015 at 08:38 AM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Belated salute to the women folk. However, I have already paid tribute to the fairer sex on facebook the same day, which I share with you as under:

फेसबुक के द्वारा पता चला कि आज महिला दिवस है I चलो इसी बहाने सदियों से शोषित प्रताड़ित एक निरीह जीव के लिए पुरुष प्रधान समाज के मुझ जैसे सभ्य प्राणियों को अपनी-अपनी टाइम लाइन पर लच्छेदार लहजे में श्रद्धा सुमन अर्पित करने का अवसर मिलता है, वरना असल ज़िंदगी में तो हम नारी का कितना सम्मान करते हैं हम पुरुषों से बेहतर कौन जान सकता है I अक्सर हम नहा धो कर अपना कच्छा भी स्नान गृह में इसलिए छोड़ देते हैं कि घर की अदद नौकरानी (यानि पत्नी) अपने आप धो कर सुखा देगी और अगले दिन नहाने से पहले तौलिये के साथ आपको बा इज़्ज़त स्नानगृह में गर्म पानी की बाल्टी और साबुन के साथ रख देगी, और फिर कहेगी "जी नहा लीजिये" I फिर पैंट कमीज़ इस्त्री करने से लेकर, साहब के लिए आलू मूली का पराठा बनाने और रिंकू, मुन्नी को स्कूल के लिए तैयार करने इत्यादि में अहम भूमिका उसे ही निभानी पड़ती है क्योंकि यह हमारी संस्कृति का हिस्सा है I पति दफ्तर में भले ही बड़े साहब की झिड़कियां सुनता है परन्तु पत्नी के ऊपर पूरी धौंस जमाता है क्योंकि हमारे बहुमूल्य प्राचीन शास्त्रों ने हमें सिखाया है कि "ढोर और गँवारू पत्नियां सिर्फ काम करने और कामुकता पूरी करने की मशीन मात्र होती हैं और ताड़न की अधिकारी होती हैं " I हम सभ्य लोगों को तो इतना भी गवारा नहीं हुआ कि संसद और विधान सभाओं में बेचारी अबलाओं के लिए आधा हिस्सा ही आरक्षित कर दें I हम जाति और धर्म के आधार पर नौकरियों और शिक्षा संस्थानों में आरक्षण देने के लिए रेल सड़क जाम कर सकते हैं परन्तु किसी महिला को आर्थिक गुलामी से मुक्ति मिले ये सभ्य समाज को कतई गवारा नहीं I परन्तु त्रासदी की हद तो तब होती है जब एक महिला ही कभी सास बनकर, तो कभी ननद बन कर और तो और सौत बनकर अपनी ही सहेली पर ज़ुल्म ढाती हैं

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (March 19th, 2015), gsolanki9063 (April 12th, 2015), rekhasmriti (April 12th, 2015), spdeshwal (March 19th, 2015)

On out of tongue remarks of the politicians against women and the Tribune Editorial :

Unfair comparison

A woman is more than her complexion
    Every now and then one or the other member of the Indian political tribe speaks out of turn and out of context to confirm that foot-in-mouth indeed is a chronic ailment. The latest verbal volley has been (mis)fired by Sharad Yadav, a parliamentarian of Bihar's ruling Janata Dal (United). The insurance Bill and women's complexion… one would assume hardly have any meeting ground. But trust the honourable parliamentarian to find a link between India’s obsession with fair complexion and increasing FDI in insurance. Why he even went on to comment on South Indian women's skin colour to elaborate his ‘argument’. Yet another comment of his involving filmmaker Leslee Udwin — “All doors open for fair-skinned women” — could well top the list of sexist remarks by Indian politicians for which contenders anyway are very many.

In fact, sexism and sexist remarks are not an exclusive prerogative of Indian politicians alone. Political leaders around the world are very much in the reckoning. “Women shouldn't laugh in public… Why don't you get married? Are you not able to have a baby?” These are some of the samples that reflect the mindset of the high and mighty men across the globe. Many of them do not even shy away from getting personal in their comments and make brazenly biased and gender-skewed comments.

However, while in the West, off-the-cuff remarks have often cost the politicians their career, sadly their counterparts in India get away with mild chastening. Even this the motor-mouths consider highly undeserving. It’s not only Mr Yadav who finds nothing amiss in his remarks, as a rule Indian politicians remain nonchalant and unrepentant post their misguided utterances that range from outright misogynist to hilariously offensive. But for a fleeting outrage in the media, local politicians are never ever taken to task. The task at hand anyway is onerous. Who and how can you teach grown-up men that women are more than their complexion and not a sum total of their body parts. Mr Yadav who earlier created a flutter with his "parkati aurat" remark certainly won't prove to be an easy disciple.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/opinion/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

gsolanki9063 (April 12th, 2015), singhvp (March 20th, 2015)

" Belated salute to the women folk........."

Very well expressed .....awesome ......

& Sincere apologies .......for delay in reading one of best posts on JL ......kudos