Thread: A good read: No, PM Modi: Here's why I won't be giving up my LPG subsidy

A good read: No, PM Modi: Here's why I won't be giving up my LPG subsidy

No, PM Modi: Here's why I won't be giving up my LPG subsidy

Clever ploy: If you can’t convince them politically, blackmail them emotionally. Put the burden of subsidy on their conscience while you munch your chickens for Rs 29 in the Parliament’s canteen.

The current price of petrol should be Rs 30 per litre, diesel should be Rs 21 per litre and LPG cylinder for Rs 250. But the NDA government has been openly looting the public by imposing various taxes and deliberately keeping the prices higher. Under these circumstances, what right does Mr Modi have to ask people to give up subsidies voluntarily?

To insinuate that not giving up LPG ‘subsidy’ is tantamount to not contributing to nation-building, leeching off government dole is a white lie. Most of the people who Modi expects to buy expensive cylinders are already paying huge chunks of their income to the government, for cross-subsidising many of its social schemes.

Most of us pay 10 to 33 per cent of our salary as income tax, whose slabs finance minister Arun Jaitley did not bother changing even after berating the UPA for being unkind to the middle class. In addition, there are several other taxes—VAT, service tax, toll tax, house tax, municipality tax, garbage collection tax, cess for education, cess for Swacch Bharat, clean Ganga, fuel surcharge…the list is long. (A back-of-the-hand calculation would reveal that a person in the highest-tax bracket ends up paying nearly half of his income to the government.)

The government has almost withdrawn from school education, leaving the field open for the private players who overcharge us (another form of tax due to government incompetence). The government’s healthcare system has collapsed, where, again, private players are thriving. There is no form of social security for the old, handicapped, ill and the unemployed. The government doesn’t spend enough on keeping roads and streets safe for its citizens; it ignores the environment and does nothing to check pollution of air, water and other resources.

No, Prime Minister, we are already doing our best for nation-building. It is time the government repaid some of our generosity instead of asking for more charity through emotional atyachar.

You manage your finances, and let us deal with our kitchen and conscience.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

Ambijat (April 18th, 2015), rajbhasker (April 18th, 2015), SandeepSirohi (April 10th, 2015), ssgoyat (April 16th, 2015)

This is a golden Period for Indian economic.

Ager bhai asie time main Indian govt. Rich ho jaye. Fund acche ho to bahut badiya baat. Development main hi kaam ayege. 2-3% log hi India k tax pay kar rhe hai. Ab time hai System change ho or Govt. ki kuch income bade taki development ke kaam acche se ho sake.

No hard feeling mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

yogeshdahiya007 (April 24th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ManjeetS View Post
    This is a golden Period for Indian economic.

Ager bhai asie time main Indian govt. Rich ho jaye. Fund acche ho to bahut badiya baat. Development main hi kaam ayege. 2-3% log hi India k tax pay kar rhe hai. Ab time hai System change ho or Govt. ki kuch income bade taki development ke kaam acche se ho sake.

No hard feeling mate.
    Well said, no hard feelings at all.

Let our leaders, MP & MLA's, show us the way. Let us see if they give up the numerous previledges that has been bestoived on them by themselves.

Let our PM show us the way, by bringing back thousands of crores loot money.

Let the Indian government show us the intent you speak of by being accountable to the tax payers, by becoming efficient and by not looting the hard erned tax payer's money.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (April 15th, 2015)

Not taking any side ........
    But jab woh Pay Stub mei Tax Deduction dikhta hai hai .......
    1500 ka Dinner 2000 ka padta hai.......
    3000 ki chappal .....3800 ki padti hai .......
    N many more .....
    Tab sara development stuff global image indian economy ......hawa lagta hai

@#$@%#$%$# Itna khoon jalta hai ......( Calculation are approx )

For a common person ......what matters is what he got in his hand coming n remaining ( I m sorry I am common person )

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 15th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    Not taking any side ........
    But jab woh Pay Stub mei Tax Deduction dikhta hai hai .......
    1500 ka Dinner 2000 ka padta hai.......
    3000 ki chappal .....3800 ki padti hai .......
    N many more .....
    Tab sara development stuff global image indian economy ......hawa lagta hai

@#$@%#$%$# Itna khoon jalta hai ......( Calculation are approx )

For a common person ......what matters is what he got in his hand coming n remaining ( I m sorry I am common person )
    Do you think chappal ke tax k pasie sare k sare govt ko jate hai.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post
    Well said, no hard feelings at all.

Let our leaders, MP & MLA's, show us the way. Let us see if they give up the numerous previledges that has been bestoived on them by themselves.

Let our PM show us the way, by bringing back thousands of crores loot money.

Let the Indian government show us the intent you speak of by being accountable to the tax payers, by becoming efficient and by not looting the hard erned tax payer's money.

Bhai- Congress was paying blindly subsidy etc.

Account main subsidy wala kaam kitna accha hai socha hai kabi. Iska profit ya to customers ko hoga ya bhi Govt. ke pass hi rhega wo pasia. Us distributor ke pass nhi rhega ab.

70% Subcidy ka mall to ye Distributor hi mar jatey they ab isse govt. ko kitna jayda hoga. Asie hi kuch or bhi policy aa rhi hai.

Abi India ko industry sector main jayda growth chiye esliye unke liye thoda soft corner hai wo sahi bhi hai. But Govt. need more money to do development work. This govt. will spending money on right thing, saving money too and trying to earning more money.

Isn't good for nation?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

yogeshdahiya007 (April 24th, 2015)

" Do you think chappal ke tax k pasie sare k sare govt ko jate hai."

I do have ans to it.....but never mind......I read somewhere ( on my coffee mug ) " Agreements give better results than arguments "

I would only add to this the kind of jump that has been given to salaries and pensions for MLAs and MPs in past decade has added burden on common man. And, it does not matter for how many days a person was in political institution. These are self-serving to political class and middle class shall be robbed just like in feudal times there were dozens of lag-bag and begaar.
    Keep a bigger heart than than what you had yesterday!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambijat For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 18th, 2015), rekhasmriti (April 18th, 2015), rskankara (April 18th, 2015)

A nice piece buddy!!
    Very well thought out & texed in a nice way!!
    It seems u see the things as they're and not the way they(the power, all that is) want us to see!!
    A good job indeed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvindc View Post

Clever ploy: If you can’t convince them politically, blackmail them emotionally. Put the burden of subsidy on their conscience while you munch your chickens for Rs 29 in the Parliament’s canteen.

The current price of petrol should be Rs 30 per litre, diesel should be Rs 21 per litre and LPG cylinder for Rs 250. But the NDA government has been openly looting the public by imposing various taxes and deliberately keeping the prices higher. Under these circumstances, what right does Mr Modi have to ask people to give up subsidies voluntarily?

To insinuate that not giving up LPG ‘subsidy’ is tantamount to not contributing to nation-building, leeching off government dole is a white lie. Most of the people who Modi expects to buy expensive cylinders are already paying huge chunks of their income to the government, for cross-subsidising many of its social schemes.

Most of us pay 10 to 33 per cent of our salary as income tax, whose slabs finance minister Arun Jaitley did not bother changing even after berating the UPA for being unkind to the middle class. In addition, there are several other taxes—VAT, service tax, toll tax, house tax, municipality tax, garbage collection tax, cess for education, cess for Swacch Bharat, clean Ganga, fuel surcharge…the list is long. (A back-of-the-hand calculation would reveal that a person in the highest-tax bracket ends up paying nearly half of his income to the government.)

The government has almost withdrawn from school education, leaving the field open for the private players who overcharge us (another form of tax due to government incompetence). The government’s healthcare system has collapsed, where, again, private players are thriving. There is no form of social security for the old, handicapped, ill and the unemployed. The government doesn’t spend enough on keeping roads and streets safe for its citizens; it ignores the environment and does nothing to check pollution of air, water and other resources.

No, Prime Minister, we are already doing our best for nation-building. It is time the government repaid some of our generosity instead of asking for more charity through emotional atyachar.

You manage your finances, and let us deal with our kitchen and conscience.
    Last edited by rajbhasker; April 18th, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
    "live & let live!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rajbhasker For This Useful Post:

rocker88 (April 18th, 2015)

The message from worthy PM is clear and optional; not comulsory for any. The system says one hand provide for subsidy and on the other hand educate for opting out of subsidy.

This a totally different topic how you respond and why; and again no binding for both side decisions taken by any.
    i see no adverse in the message, it should have come much earlier.
    May it be a start to overcome the deficiencies in survey or identification of needy, I feel the similar message should come for other social benefits such as caste based scholarships, reservations, food subsidies, Yellow card benefits and so on so that only needy are self identified on moral grounds that shall add to our national values

Thanks
    Last edited by RKhatkar; April 19th, 2015 at 06:25 AM.