Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jatland has become Ghost town lately..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Nothing much to say but it's disappointing that Jatland has become a ghost town lately. Popularity of Jatland has gone down significantly and I hardly see any active user apart from couple of our mods.

I believe too much mod-ship and dictatorship killed the Jatland and made members to look other social sites or groups.

I don't see any hope in reviving of Jatland .. sad but true!
    whats going on..

where are active members like balhara bhai and others...

definitely site needs these members for a revival..

come on guys.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (October 8th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    whats going on..

where are active members like balhara bhai and others...

definitely site needs these members for a revival..

come on guys.
    All members including you are cordially invited to share/contribute their views through interesting posts/threads to attract more and more members to view them.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Don't loose heart dear. JAT LAND will arise. I felt that Some Over smart jat are obstacles. We shall request them for child hearted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to baljeetgathwala For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 7th, 2015)

Dear Sir, In my openion To fill up the generation gap should be the main work of jatland. New generation may be more intelligent but vivek is with olds. Sadbhawana is must.

Quote Originally Posted by baljeetgathwala View Post
    Don't loose heart dear. JAT LAND will arise.......
    Thanks for your valuable comment.

Ups and downs are the cycles of life span of every institution. Same applies here. I am optimistic about future so I never believe in canards like dooms day is fast approaching to annihilate the mankind and earth. That is why I act believing in the basic goodness of all human beings and do my little bit in the best interest of the work assigned to me on this site too !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

baljeetgathwala (October 8th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    All members including you are cordially invited to share/contribute their views through interesting posts/threads to attract more and more members to view them.
    sir ji what we can do. apparently not many people contributing here. lets hope for the best.

I joined here in September 2010, it used to be very lively but last years its a different place. There was some excitement during election time. Whereas fun sections are almost dead. I think moderators should figure out a way. Revival in books won't help.
    -- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    -- When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.

sir ji what we can do. apparently not many people contributing here. lets hope for the best.

Friend,

Let others take their own time to join in the meanwhile, you can contribute to make it more lively by contributing posts/threads on the topics of your choice and interest as per site policy/on respective forums/subforums !

Thanks and best wishes

Jatland seems inactive because of the lack of participation of its members. Individual members surely have their own reasons and i don't see any generalized theory behind it.

What we need is the active participation from our members. Active participation can be achieved only if we make it interesting place to visit and discuss things.

I don't agree that this is due to Moderatorship. Moderators were always there in past. I have seen all almost all kind of moderatorship here. Members always have a critical finger pointing out at the moderators. If they are in favor of me than they are good otherwise they are worst. Members label them either idle or over active instead of thinking about the thankless job they are doing. I hardly saw any member realizing how bad his/her post or comment was.

I do agree that there might be some incidents where members felt that few things were unnecessary but it happens, more or less, almost everywhere. Jatland surely needs moderation but 'how much' that may be the question. We can not make it a Facebook sort of thing where there is no limit of ANYTHING. This is a community social site and let it be like this only.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

baljeetgathwala (October 10th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Reinstall old colourfull and noisy chaupal with Private Messaging option
    That's one of my most favorite request to Admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Prikshit View Post
    I joined here in September 2010, it used to be very lively but last years its a different place. There was some excitement during election time. Whereas fun sections are almost dead. I think moderators should figure out a way. Revival in books won't help.
    Spot on brother. Revival in books never help. Moot point of discussion should be, what are the reasons of decline in the participation? despite several requests by members previously, no action was taken against unnecessary intervention of mods. Abysmal ignorance has led to this state of website. Still Mods are trying to validate the point that web site is popular. As I said before, current mods better suit for wiki and not so much for main forums. A change in mods will surely help at this point of time if the owner is really interested in reviving this web site.

Spot on brother. Revival in books never help. Moot point of discussion should be, what are the reasons of decline in the participation? despite several requests by members previously, no action was taken against unnecessary intervention of mods. Abysmal ignorance has led to this state of website. Still Mods are trying to validate the point that web site is popular. As I said before, current mods better suit for wiki and not so much for main forums. A change in mods will surely help at this point of time if the owner is really interested in reviving this web site.
    Budhwar Bhai,

Suggestions of all the participants have been forwarded to administrators ! Let them weigh their merits/demerits and decide !

As requested earlier, those members who are really interested to restore the 'old golden age of the Jatland' start contributing posts with newest ideas to captivate the attention of audience and thus can contribute to increase the number of active participants as well as increase the number of visitors.

Hope to see your constructive posts/threads !

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Jatland seems inactive because of the lack of participation of its members. Individual members surely have their own reasons and i don't see any generalized theory behind it.

What we need is the active participation from our members. Active participation can be achieved only if we make it interesting place to visit and discuss things.

I don't agree that this is due to Moderatorship. Moderators were always there in past. I have seen all almost all kind of moderatorship here. Members always have a critical finger pointing out at the moderators. If they are in favor of me than they are good otherwise they are worst. Members label them either idle or over active instead of thinking about the thankless job they are doing. I hardly saw any member realizing how bad his/her post or comment was.

I do agree that there might be some incidents where members felt that few things were unnecessary but it happens, more or less, almost everywhere. Jatland surely needs moderation but 'how much' that may be the question. We can not make it a Facebook sort of thing where there is no limit of ANYTHING. This is a community social site and let it be like this only.
    Friend,

No generalized statement of cause/s responsible for decline in participation/discussions on the issue because every member has his/her own perception on the causes and remedies on the issue being discussed.

You have rightly suggested to members to come forward to actively participate in discussions on various topics of their choice !

Thanks and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    That's one of my most favorite request to Admins.

Chaupal has already been activated !

Chaupal has already been activated !
    No Sir, I am talking about the older version of Chaupal.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 9th, 2015)

Budhwar Bhai,

Suggestions of all the participants have been forwarded to administrators ! Let them weigh their merits/demerits and decide !

As requested earlier, those members who are really interested to restore the 'old golden age of the Jatland' start contributing posts with newest ideas to captivate the attention of audience and thus can contribute to increase the number of active participants as well as increase the number of visitors.

Hope to see your constructive posts/threads !
    Sir, Additionally should we not take suggestion of the active & popular members 'again' who have left already as 'theirs' (including ours) suggestions fell into deaf ears earlier?

We have their contact number, emails already, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Sir, Additionally should we not take suggestion of the active & popular members 'again' who have left already as 'theirs' (including ours) suggestions fell into deaf ears earlier

We have their contact number, emails already, right?
    Friend,

Earlier also I have personally issued appeal to all the members and once again request them to return home of the Jats--The Jatland.com.

Additionally, it would be great service to the site if you could reactivate 'again' those "active and popular" members to contribute their posts/threads !

Thanks and best wishes

Friend,

Earlier also I have personally issued appeal to all the members and once again request them to return home of the Jats--The Jatland.com.

Additionally, it would be great service to the site if you could reactivate 'again' those "active and popular" members to contribute their posts/threads !

Thanks and best wishes
    Your all appealing gets issued on Jatland, which they don't log into anymore !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Your all appealing gets issued on Jatland, which they don't log into anymore !!!
    Other well wishers of the site like you who have communication line open with veterans better use their good offices to bring as many of them back as possible !

Simultaneously it is appealed to existing active members to start contributing more constructive views through posts on the forum to make the mission of increasing activities on the site successful.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; October 10th, 2015 at 07:19 AM.

Budhwar Bhai,

sir ji, lot of previous active members were not happy with moderators. They left as they wanted to change the mods regime. despite their humble requests, no action was taken. anyway if admins do not want to change mods then that's their prerogative. members did their bit and result is in front of everyone. if management still believe in sweeping such requests under the carpet then that's their wish. result is in front of everyone now. people don't care. they will move to some other platform.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

cooljat (October 12th, 2015), ssgoyat (October 11th, 2015)