Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jatland has become Ghost town lately..

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Other well wishers of the site like you who have communication line open with veterans better use their good offices to bring as many of them back as possible !

Simultaneously it is appealed to existing active members to start contributing more constructive views through posts on the forum to make the mission of increasing activities on the site successful.
    Rajpalji, don't remain in as assumption that we don't do our bit to invite them personally.

If a personal message (not automated) goes directly from you/owners, with the fact/assurance that their grievances will be attended (or looked into). Things can begin to fall in place.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 12th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (October 11th, 2015), vijay (October 11th, 2015)

Admins - can you please get rid of this crap box/shout box from the main forum profile. we are not interested in other people's conversation.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 12th, 2015), ssgoyat (October 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Admins - can you please get rid of this crap box/shout box from the main forum profile. we are not interested in other people's conversation.
    After posting above post I won a "complete forex trading beginner's package"..............I felt so exited after winning this that I have to intake three bottoms up of scotch to held my breath.

Bloody ads.......I am trying to quit alcohol but then I visit Jatland.....

I don't know what I would win after posting this post...........Next peg is ready for me.....
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; October 11th, 2015 at 11:36 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 12th, 2015), ssgoyat (October 12th, 2015)

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    You can minimize it.

We'd also rather not have any ads. Unfortunately, the site costs approx $900/year to run (hosting and software costs only) and "revenue" despite the ads has been trending around $250/year.

You might like to contribute the cost of a few good scotch bottles to jatland - will help you quit alcohol, and help us quit the ads. Alternate options for you are to use an ad blocker, not click on the ads, or not visit at all, but please stop whining.

We're unable to help with your impulse control problem.

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    After posting above post I won a "complete forex trading beginner's package"..............I felt so exited after winning this that I have to intake three bottoms up of scotch to held my breath.

I don't know what I would win after posting this post...........Next peg is ready for me.....
    Hi Akshay,

We have disabled the top of the page ad for logged in members for the time being. If it affects the (minimal) revenue materially, we may have to bring it back, but for now lets try absent it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to system For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 13th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by system View Post
    You can minimize it.

We'd also rather not have any ads. Unfortunately, the site costs approx $900/year to run (hosting and software costs only) and "revenue" despite the ads has been trending around $250/year.

You might like to contribute the cost of a few good scotch bottles to jatland - will help you quit alcohol, and help us quit the ads. Alternate options for you are to use an ad blocker, not click on the ads, or not visit at all, but please stop whining.

We're unable to help with your impulse control problem.

स्कॉच आला गुल्लक के फोड्या जा स .......And I have every right to whine, I have spent so much of my peak time here and met some great people here.

Pardon my ignorance but the problem of funds was never there 4-5 years ago or I am not aware of that. I guess the revenue depends on the number of times the site got hit........I can see why revenue have come down in last few years.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 16th, 2015), cooljat (October 15th, 2015), ssgoyat (October 15th, 2015)

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Pardon my ignorance but the problem of funds was never there 4-5 years ago or I am not aware of that. I guess the revenue depends on the number of times the site got hit........I can see why revenue have come down in last few years.
    Two parts to this:
    One, the problem of funds has always been there, and the site has been subsidized by the lead administrator of the day, or donations for most of the past 15 years. For the first many years, we never had any ads at all.That is still our favored approach, but the site needs to be self sufficient, and donations are a must for that.

Two, ad revenue has also declined in the past 2 years. We believe there are a few reasons for this: we reduced the ads a couple of years back, the user mix has moved more to India vs the US (lower rev), people often now use ad-blockers which lowers ad impressions as well, and donations have dried up totally in the past year (partly coz paypal india did not properly process donations to an address outside india - not sure if that has changed.)

Hope this helps you understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by system View Post
    Two parts to this:
    One, the problem of funds has always been there, and the site has been subsidized by the lead administrator of the day, or donations for most of the past 15 years. For the first many years, we never had any ads at all.That is still our favored approach, but the site needs to be self sufficient, and donations are a must for that.

Two, ad revenue has also declined in the past 2 years. We believe there are a few reasons for this: we reduced the ads a couple of years back, the user mix has moved more to India vs the US (lower rev), people often now use ad-blockers which lowers ad impressions as well, and donations have dried up totally in the past year (partly coz paypal india did not properly process donations to an address outside india - not sure if that has changed.)

Hope this helps you understand the situation.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

If it is a processing issue and more users in india, can't we just move the set up to india. But then i wonder moving it to india would cost few years of revenue as it is so low.

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation.

If it is a processing issue and more users in india, can't we just move the set up to india. But then i wonder moving it to india would cost few years of revenue as it is so low.
    We would need to have an account the can receive funds in India, and then have a mechanism for someone to pay it in the US. No actual "move" is required, and would not impact ad revenue in any way.