Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jatland has become Ghost town lately..

Lightbulb Jatland has become Ghost town lately..

Nothing much to say but it's disappointing that Jatland has become a ghost town lately. Popularity of Jatland has gone down significantly and I hardly see any active user apart from couple of our mods.

I believe too much mod-ship and dictatorship killed the Jatland and made members to look other social sites or groups.

I don't see any hope in reviving of Jatland .. sad but true!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (June 6th, 2015), rameshlakra (June 6th, 2015), vikasJAT (June 8th, 2015), ygulia (June 6th, 2015)

The commented result on JATLAND is not so; still if someone feels so, it may be the combined efforts of egoistic members and political aligners to set the scores with their own community social sites. Neither the site nor the site managers have any responsibility in this direction. Moderators and other leaders have tried their best to maintain the balance of discussions and participation. If anybody thinks that the site will die, is ignorant. Any movement that has started for the society and its’ masses will remain forever in one form or the other, if anything becomes instinct is the wish of detractors

Long live JATS and JATLAND

Thanks

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

baljeetgathwala (October 7th, 2015), lrburdak (May 18th, 2015), vijay (October 9th, 2015), vijaypooniya (May 18th, 2015)

Why do people visit Social Networking Sites ?

If we put couple of points as answer and work towards it ........concern stands sorted if it is a concern.

On lighter note ......start any Masaledar Discussion with zero gyan more theory based on some related or unrelated logic .......n there u see traffic.
    Based on past JL traffic trend .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (May 18th, 2015)

Jit Don't be disappointed. Jatland is a technical tool. Its usage is upto the users. Kindly come to wiki section and do some editing and improvement. That will be a solid contribution to the society. You will get some satisfaction of achievement. Discussions on forums are endless. You may sometimes land nowhere !
    Laxman Burdak

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

ashe (October 8th, 2015), cooljat (May 18th, 2015), dndeswal (May 19th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (June 6th, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015), rekhasmriti (May 20th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (May 18th, 2015)

Mods of JL were warned taht there will be a day when there will be non-one to be moderated on this site and that day is round the corner. ab karte raho dhinga-taana.. "jinne vi chandre mods hai, hun unna na muk dyo. Mods JL toh tur jaave, inha vich hi JL di bhalai han"
    Last edited by prashantacmet; May 18th, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

cooljat (May 18th, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015), rameshlakra (June 6th, 2015), ygulia (June 6th, 2015)

Here are the few things that Jatland needs :

A general election in India or assembly election in Haryana
    Couple of active female members
    Reinstall old colourfull and noisy chaupal with Private Messaging option
    A lean moderator who let discussion take their own shape ( There is no fun in discussing ' Jab taahi upra talli na hole log')

But sadly i dont see these thing happening in near future.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

cooljat (May 22nd, 2015), prashantacmet (May 21st, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015), vijay (October 9th, 2015), vikasJAT (June 8th, 2015)

A simple integration with social sites, facebook, google+, twitter etc will increase the usage and outreach of JL.

A nice extension to this would be a whatapp, viber, etc kind of integration with chaupal.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arvindc For This Useful Post:

paulgill (May 23rd, 2015)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Agree with Jit, we need to reach out to young people. Moderation should be restricted to abusive & offensive contents only. Over moderation is probably killing Jatland.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rameshlakra For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (June 7th, 2015)

There is no harm in admitting the mistakes but Mods are still defending their stand. There is something wrong, try to look for those shortcomings and rectify.
    Yoginder Gulia

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

cooljat (June 7th, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015), rekhasmriti (June 6th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RKhatkar View Post
    The commented result on JATLAND is not so; still if someone feels so, it may be the combined efforts of egoistic members and political aligners to set the scores with their own community social sites. Neither the site nor the site managers have any responsibility in this direction. Moderators and other leaders have tried their best to maintain the balance of discussions and participation. If anybody thinks that the site will die, is ignorant. Any movement that has started for the society and its’ masses will remain forever in one form or the other, if anything becomes instinct is the wish of detractors

Long live JATS and JATLAND

Thanks
    Khatkar sahab may be you havn't seen the best days here so you got to say that but fact is fact. However I dont agree with Jit's conclusion completely about moderator being the sole reason for this but he is dead right about it being a ghost town. Its a collective and temporary failure in my opinion.

Akshay's inputs are spot on mostly. Chaupal used to be a great thing for interaction globally. Its Up-gradation ( or degradation) seems to be a main thing to me and a little bit of over-involvement of mods in posting , not in editing might also be the reason.

There is a huge generation gap among you, Rajpal ji and rest of the users and might ve users find it odd to interact with you guys. Thats my perception and I dont claim to be right.

In shot be it Jit or anyone with any sort of political or religious belief would only want the growth of the site unlike you have tagged the detractors.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; June 7th, 2015 at 08:12 AM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 7th, 2015), prashantacmet (June 8th, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015), RKhatkar (June 7th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Khatkar sahab may be you havn't seen the best days.................. unlike you have tagged the detractors.

Yes Samar Ji, I agree with your feelings for the present state of JL. I have gone through some past posts on the topic and found the topic similar to the appearance of ‘so called truth in Netaji’s death’ in media for some time and silently cooling down at its own every odd year without any concrete outcome.
    In this analysis a few members traced fault with moderators. Most of the participants feel the other factors such as political alignments, presence of some hardliners, egoist approach, abusive tendencies, lack of tolerance, and so on. I found a polite worded sorry from moderator in the post, what else one expects is difficult to understand; whereas I personally feel some mistakes are done by moderators as well. Moderator, being a responsible post and his seniority in participation, moderation action should be ignored to some extent in the larger interests of site and its’ members.
    I understand my age position; so, I don’t try to involve myself in posts of young participants, I hardly try to quote any but submit my views as general participant. I try to appreciate and encourage youva members
    Finally I clarify that I have not tried to mark any with any tag, I used the word ‘IF’ in my sentences (If anybody thinks that the site will die …..if anything becomes instinct). There I mean that if anything/movement losses it is wish of opponents fulfilled.
    Let us start afresh to strengthen JL. I convey my heartiest support to all stake holders of JL

Thanks

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 7th, 2015), Prikshit (June 7th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Khatkar sahab may be you havn't seen the best days here so you got to say that but fact is fact. However I dont agree with Jit's conclusion completely about moderator being the sole reason for this but he is dead right about it being a ghost town. Its a collective and temporary failure in my opinion.

Akshay's inputs are spot on mostly. Chaupal used to be a great thing for interaction globally. Its Up-gradation ( or degradation) seems to be a main thing to me and a little bit of over-involvement of mods in posting , not in editing might also be the reason.

There is a huge generation gap among you, Rajpal ji and rest of the users and might ve users find it odd to interact with you guys. Thats my perception and I dont claim to be right.

In shot be it Jit or anyone with any sort of political or religious belief would only want the growth of the site unlike you have tagged the detractors.
    Good post.

Kindly do something and also initiate new concrete steps which others have not done so far.

This request to you as you are a veteran and editor as well here on the site, please !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Instead of feeling sad at decreased participation, the members visiting the site are requested to contribute to the threads/discussions of their choice regularly to add to the increased activities of the site.

Hope they will come up with their posts regularly in future and make the discussions lively and the site a place to reckon with among the compatriot social sites.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

I happen to be part of many negotiations between Operations & Management on certain stuff.
    One feedback I always give to my folks ( My Colleagues Operations ) ........never play defensive ......moment you would do ....... you would look guilty in eyes of Management ( my Bosses ) .

Also - trust stretching discussion lead to worse results ......timely closure give better ones .

This is how I deal with concerns ......you have raised a concern now give me 10 possible resolutions ......let me see what fits best .

My Conclusion : Spice is all what JL need example is this thread itself . So lets do it .......

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (June 8th, 2015), sukhbirhooda (June 20th, 2015), ygulia (June 8th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    I happen to be part of many negotiations between Operations & Management on certain stuff.
    One feedback I always give to my folks ( My Colleagues Operations ) ........never play defensive ......moment you would do ....... you would look guilty in eyes of Management ( my Bosses ) .

Also - trust stretching discussion lead to worse results ......timely closure give better ones .

This is how I deal with concerns ......you have raised a concern now give me 10 possible resolutions ......let me see what fits best .

My Conclusion : Spice is all what JL need example is this thread itself . So lets do it .......
    Then take lead !

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Here are the few things that Jatland needs :

A general election in India or assembly election in Haryana
    Couple of active female members
    Reinstall old colourfull and noisy chaupal with Private Messaging option
    A lean moderator who let discussion take their own shape ( There is no fun in discussing ' Jab taahi upra talli na hole log')

But sadly i dont see these thing happening in near future.
    Ye point bot sahi kaha bhai. Jab ye sab the tab Chaupal me logo ki bheed rukne ka naam ni leti thi or aaj koi jata he nahi.
    Dusri cheez yaha jo faltu k groups bane pade hain, jiski vajah se agar aapki kisi ek bande se bigad jati h to vo mods se bol kr aapko block ya faltu k interrupts krke dukhi krta hai. or b bot sare points hain jo main pehle b post kr chuka hu.

Inka aaj tak koi solution nahi hua or na kabhi ho sakta, or jab tak koi solution ni hoga tab tak visitors aise he kam hote hote zeo ho jyenge.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by vikasJAT View Post
    Ye point bot sahi kaha bhai. Jab ye sab the tab Chaupal me logo ki bheed rukne ka naam ni leti thi or aaj koi jata he nahi.
    Dusri cheez yaha jo faltu k groups bane pade hain, jiski vajah se agar aapki kisi ek bande se bigad jati h to vo mods se bol kr aapko block ya faltu k interrupts krke dukhi krta hai. or b bot sare points hain jo main pehle b post kr chuka hu.

Inka aaj tak koi solution nahi hua or na kabhi ho sakta, or jab tak koi solution ni hoga tab tak visitors aise he kam hote hote zeo ho jyenge.
    Thanks for your concern and constructive suggestions. Till they are implemented by the administrators, kinly share other forums by posting your valuable inputs, please.

Lightbulb

The day when Dr. Rajpal Ji resign from the post of Editor. Only then good old days of Jatland might revive.

disclaimer: No personal grudges with Dr. Saab.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

The day when Dr. Rajpal Ji resign from the post of Editor. Only then good old days of Jatland might revive.

disclaimer: No personal grudges with Dr. Saab.

Instead of putting disclaimer, kindly put posts in the relevant threads, if anything worthwhile has to be shared at your end.

Personal note :

Friend, to put the record straight I would like to share that I never begged to be Editor and am ready to hand it over within no time to you if the administrators want you to appoint in my place. Kindly contact them.

Thanks

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

bishanleo2001 (June 20th, 2015)

मेरी समझ में जो आता है में उसे बोल देता हूँ लेकिन फिर भी दूसरे की भावना की कद्र करते हुऐ इशारे से काम लेने की कोशिश करता हूँ | बात उन दिनो की है जब श्रीमान ओ पी चौटाला साहब हरियाणा के सी एम होते थे | चौटाला साहब गाँव गाँव जाकर विकास कार्य की जरूरत की गाँव वालों से चर्चा करते थे व उसी अनुसार घोसना कर देते थे तथा तुरंत बजट आ जाता था | गाँव वाले ज़्यादातर उनके विकास के तरीके से बहुत खुस थे | श्री चौटाला साहब की हरियाणा के सी एम के रूप मै जींद ज़िले के किसी गाँव मे विकास सभा थी | उन्होने अपने भाषण में गाँव की जनता से सवाल किया भाइयो सब राजी खुसी से हो , कोई दिक्कत या परेसानी तो नहीं है | उपस्थित जनसमूह ने हाथ हिला कर उनका जबाब सब ठीक मे दिया | चौटाला साहब ने आगे कहा देखो भाइयो मेंने आपलोगो के बीच मे आकार आपकी जरूरत अनुसार विकास कार्य किए सब के सब खुश है ; लागता है कि सारे गाम/गुहान्ड का एक भी आदमी असंतुस्ट नही है | इतनी देर मे जन समूह मे आगे की और बेठा एक आदमी उठा ओर चौटाला साहब को कहने लगा आपने हमारे लिए कुछ नहीं किया सब बेकार की बातें है | चौटला जी कोई कम वक्ता नहीं थे बोले बैठ जा तेरे जैसे एक-आध गोल्ले गाम गेल जरूर हों सै मै तो सारे गाम की पुंछू सूं |
    जानते है इसका असर क्या हुआ उस आदमी का गाम में नाम ही गोल्ला पड़ ग्या |

I request members to contribute to the site; kindly do not try to extract from it. For a Jat nothing is important than stake of JAT
    During last one year particularly during election time in different forum post I observed some prominent points that were in the centre of majority posts
    !- Pro BJP post V/S all others
    2- Islam and Muslims V/S Others
    3- Hindu in India = lone nationalists
    5- Agree me or Face me (and so on….)
    Where was Jatland in between these posts I could not find

Thanks
    Last edited by RKhatkar; June 16th, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKhatkar For This Useful Post:

bishanleo2001 (June 20th, 2015), rekhasmriti (June 16th, 2015)