Thread: Program Manager (Delivery Manager)

Program Manager (Delivery Manager)

Job Location: Monterey, CA.

Title: Program Manager

Job Description:
    This role involves the ability to determine the scope, prioritize objectives and goals of the project, identify and employ the necessary resources and strategies to ensure delivery of high quality products or services in accordance with project objectives. This also involves the ability to set up information exchange norms keeping in mind the audience, their role, adequacies and legalities. This competency is a combination of communication skills, project planning and project monitoring.

Advanced Project Execution & Costs Management:

• Identifies major milestones and sets timelines against each Implements methods to monitor project progress such as status reports, client conferences etc.
    • Ensures all quality norms are followed and documented for a project.
    • Prepares a detailed execution plan for the entire project/program based on inputs from the team and the client
    • Monitors on an ongoing basis the achievement of milestones, third party contribution/ performance
    • Proactively manages to achieve goals and objectives of all stakeholders.
    • Refines methodologies/processes for a particular program needs. Collect and analyze organization data for process improvement and measurement. Identify and deploy best practices
    • Sets standards for all communication to the client keeping in mind the necessities, adequacies, completeness and the legalese required; designates people with the right communication skills as the situation may demand
    • Communicates risks to all concerned at the project outset. Reviews risks and their mitigation plans closely and continuously re-evaluates the contingency plans developed with respect to their current validity
    • Carries out a post-project audit and ensures that all "lessons learned" on actuals, risk and general issues are documented and disseminated to support a continuous learning culture
    • Awareness on an ongoing basis of any scope extensions
    • Monitor adequate financial data (in terms of cash flows, inventories, billed/unbilled to client) and take corrective actions
    • Provide inputs for monitoring service levels
    • Plan/set up environment to replicate/simulate deployment environment

Agile Expertise:

• Work with the customer and/or management to identify and instantiate a product owner
    • Is able to motivate the team to come up with improvement ideas and as a result is able to adapt the process to remove waste, improve productivity & quality.
    • Identify appropriate engineering practices and institutionalize them within the team e.g. Continuous Integration, automated Code, refactoring, standards and guidelines, collective code ownership, pair programming etc.
    • Monitor team velocity and facilitate the team to attain steady state and velocity predictability
    • Identify impediments & risks and negotiate with customer/product owner proactively.

Start Date: ASAP
    क्रांति तभी सफल होती है जब बहुमत को उसकी आवश्यकता हो - आचार्य चाणक्य

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anil_rathee For This Useful Post:

RKhatkar (June 2nd, 2015)

Resume for the '' Program Manager "

Hi Anil,

I want to apply for this position as I am having 10.7years of experience and currently working a Project lead and handling a team of 30 people for the SAP IS core Banking project.

Please let me know if you need more inputs from my side!!
    (I am not able to upload my resume as I am getting error everytime. Please send me your email Id so that I can send you my resume - parulmalik1@gmail.com)

Thanks,

Parul Malik
    +91 8553959842

Quote Originally Posted by anil_rathee View Post
    Job Location: Monterey, CA.

Title: Program Manager

Job Description:
    This role involves the ability to determine the scope, prioritize objectives and goals of the project, identify and employ the necessary resources and strategies to ensure delivery of high quality products or services in accordance with project objectives. This also involves the ability to set up information exchange norms keeping in mind the audience, their role, adequacies and legalities. This competency is a combination of communication skills, project planning and project monitoring.

Advanced Project Execution & Costs Management:

• Identifies major milestones and sets timelines against each Implements methods to monitor project progress such as status reports, client conferences etc.
    • Ensures all quality norms are followed and documented for a project.
    • Prepares a detailed execution plan for the entire project/program based on inputs from the team and the client
    • Monitors on an ongoing basis the achievement of milestones, third party contribution/ performance
    • Proactively manages to achieve goals and objectives of all stakeholders.
    • Refines methodologies/processes for a particular program needs. Collect and analyze organization data for process improvement and measurement. Identify and deploy best practices
    • Sets standards for all communication to the client keeping in mind the necessities, adequacies, completeness and the legalese required; designates people with the right communication skills as the situation may demand
    • Communicates risks to all concerned at the project outset. Reviews risks and their mitigation plans closely and continuously re-evaluates the contingency plans developed with respect to their current validity
    • Carries out a post-project audit and ensures that all "lessons learned" on actuals, risk and general issues are documented and disseminated to support a continuous learning culture
    • Awareness on an ongoing basis of any scope extensions
    • Monitor adequate financial data (in terms of cash flows, inventories, billed/unbilled to client) and take corrective actions
    • Provide inputs for monitoring service levels
    • Plan/set up environment to replicate/simulate deployment environment

Agile Expertise:

• Work with the customer and/or management to identify and instantiate a product owner
    • Is able to motivate the team to come up with improvement ideas and as a result is able to adapt the process to remove waste, improve productivity & quality.
    • Identify appropriate engineering practices and institutionalize them within the team e.g. Continuous Integration, automated Code, refactoring, standards and guidelines, collective code ownership, pair programming etc.
    • Monitor team velocity and facilitate the team to attain steady state and velocity predictability
    • Identify impediments & risks and negotiate with customer/product owner proactively.

Start Date: ASAP

Hi Parul,

You are bit late for this position, I got your resume, will update you if have any suitable position in future.

Quote Originally Posted by parulmalik1 View Post
    Hi Anil,

I want to apply for this position as I am having 10.7years of experience and currently working a Project lead and handling a team of 30 people for the SAP IS core Banking project.

Please let me know if you need more inputs from my side!!
    (I am not able to upload my resume as I am getting error everytime. Please send me your email Id so that I can send you my resume - parulmalik1@gmail.com)

Thanks,

Parul Malik
    +91 8553959842
    क्रांति तभी सफल होती है जब बहुमत को उसकी आवश्यकता हो - आचार्य चाणक्य

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anil_rathee For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (January 8th, 2016)