Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jats and Buddhism

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    rana ji, it might be the case for few people. For example, as today, mazhabis and SC are using jatt sirname...but are they jatts?....no..they stole it......so Please allow me to differ with your imagination.

So , simply you want to say that when Arabs came...whole India was jats, because arabs named them.........then gradually, all of the other castes came out from Jats.............??

it seems funny to me........my neighbor calls me "pappu"..I abandon my name as Prashant and me along with my whole family are known as "pappu"....and later on my family members abandon the name "pappu" and get their own name..I wonder if now any original "pappu" is left or not............

so it seems that as per your convention....today jats are just "tag".....neither a distinct race...nor a caste

anyway, so if you propose a theory..you will have to go back and forth......can you please post a brief account of your theory if you have it.
    Prashant ji,

Iam an amateur. I can't claim to profess a theory. My readings over the years have impressed my mind in certain areas of interest. I continue to share these with others. I may not be on the right course. But I honestly confess that Ifind some of the propositions on the Jat question quite unnatural and incredible. I want to continue to learn. So I hope you would permit to sail on.
    Last edited by drssrana2003; October 21st, 2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    rana ji, it might be the case for few people. For example, as today, mazhabis and SC are using jatt sirname...but are they jatts?....no..they stole it......so Please allow me to differ with your imagination.

So , simply you want to say that when Arabs came...whole India was jats, because arabs named them.........then gradually, all of the other castes came out from Jats.............??

it seems funny to me........my neighbor calls me "pappu"..I abandon my name as Prashant and me along with my whole family are known as "pappu"....and later on my family members abandon the name "pappu" and get their own name..I wonder if now any original "pappu" is left or not............

so it seems that as per your convention....today jats are just "tag".....neither a distinct race...nor a caste

anyway, so if you propose a theory..you will have to go back and forth......can you please post a brief account of your theory if you have it.
    Prashant ji,

I agree with your statement in the first two lines. Who would disagree with that.

But I don't Isaid any thing like- 'When the Arabs came ..whole of India was Jat' My submission was that when the Arabs came into adverse contact of their Indian neighbours ,on the east the analogy of their own similar looking modest component of their society, the Jat, they called their adversaries in India by the same name i.e.JATs
    Last edited by drssrana2003; October 22nd, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

Buddhist traditions in Jats

Number of Buddhist traditions are found in the life and culture of Jats in Rajasthan. One such culture is the Initiation of ploughing of fields by the Chiefs of republics themselves known as Halsotia.

संत श्री कान्हाराम[1] लिखते हैं ...तेजाजी का हळसौतिया: ज्येष्ठ मास लग चुका है। ज्येष्ठ मास में ही ऋतु की प्रथम वर्षा हो चुकी है। ज्येष्ठ मास की वर्षा अत्यन्त शुभ है। गाँव के मुखिया को ‘हालोतिया’या हळसौतिया करके बुवाई की शुरुआत करनी है। उस काल में परंपरा थी की वर्षात होने पर गण या कबीले के गणपति सर्वप्रथम खेत में हल जोतने की शुरुआत करता था, तत्पश्चात किसान हल जोतते थे। गणराज्यों के काल में हलजोत्या की शुरुआत गणपति द्वारा किए जाने की व्यवस्था अति प्राचीन थी। ऐतिहासिक संदर्भों की खोज से पता चला कि उस जमाने में गणतन्त्र पद्धति के शासक सर्वप्रथम वर्षा होने पर हल जोतने का दस्तूर (हळसौतिया) स्वयं किया करते थे तथा शासक वर्ग स्वयं के हाथ का कमाया खाता था। राजा जनक के हल जोतने के ऐतिहासिक प्रमाण सर्वज्ञात हैं, क्योंकि सीता उनको हल जोतते समय उमरा (सीता) में मिली थी इसीलिए नाम सीता पड़ा । बुद्ध के शासक पिता शुद्धोदन के पास काफी जमीन थी। शुद्धोदन तथा बुद्ध स्वयं हल जोता करते थे। बोद्ध काल में यह परंपरा वप्रमंगल उत्सव कहलाता था जिसके अंतर्गत धान बोने के प्रथम दिन हर शाक्य अपने हाथ से हल जोता करते थे।[2]

मुखिया ताहड़ देव की पत्नी अपने छोटे पुत्र को, जिसका नाम तेजा है, खेतों में जाकर हळसौतिया का शगुन करने के लिए कहती है।
    सूतो कांई सुख भर नींद कुँवर तेजारे ।
    हल जोत्यो कर दे तूँ खाबड़ खेत में ॥
    जब तेजा कहता है कि यह काम तो हाली ही कर देगा, तब माता टोकती है कि-
    हाली का बीज्या निपजै मोठ ग्वार कुँवर तेजारे,
    थारा तो बीज्योड़ा मोती निपजै॥
    माता समझाती है कि कहां रास, पिराणी, हल, हाल, जूड़ा, नेगड़-गांगाड़ा पड़ा है। तेजाजी माता से मालूम करते हैं कि मोठ, ग्वार, ज्वार, बाजरी किन किन खेतों में बीजना है तब माता कहती है –
    डेहरियां में बीजो थे मोठ ग्वार कुँवर तेजारे,
    बाजरियो बीजो थे खाबड़ खेत मैं।
    माता का वचन मानकर तेजा पहर के तड़के उठते हैं, हल और बैल लेकर खेत जाते हैं। तेजा माँ की आज्ञानुसार खेतों में पहुँच कर हल चलाने लगा है। दोपहर तक 12 बीघा की पूरी आवड़ी बीज डाली।

References -

1. Sant Kanha Ram: Shri Veer Tejaji Ka Itihas Evam Jiwan Charitra (Shodh Granth), Published by Veer Tejaji Shodh Sansthan Sursura, Ajmer, 2015. p. 37, 211-217

2. आनंद श्रीकृष्ण:भगवान बुद्ध, समृद्ध भारत प्रकाशन, मुंबई, अक्टूबर 2005, ISBN 80-88340-02-2, p. 2-3
    Laxman Burdak