7 41.18%
  • Grand Alliance - RJD, JDU and Congress

6 35.29%
  • Hung Assembly

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bihar Assembly Elections 2015

Bihar Assembly Elections 2015

With Bihar Assembly election just around the corner, political atmosphere is fully charged up. Allegations and counter allegations are being fired by the political parties on each other. On one hand BJP is betting on PM's popularity and on the other Maha Gathbandhan is betting on Nitish's development work in Bihar and caste politics coined by Lalu. BJP is still banking on Modi and Bihar's assembly elections will certainly be a test of Mod's popularity. BJP's drubbing in Delhi polls early this year is still fresh in memories. In the absence of a popular leader, BJP has no choice other than Modi.

As the political slugfest continues, It's a neck and neck according to some surveys . What do you think? Will Modi magic still work or Nitish will record his third consecutive win in Bihar?
    Last edited by amitbudhwar; October 10th, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

Last few days media reports indicate that all parties in Bihar elections have concentrated only on Beef issue rather than development and other social issues. We can't say where will it lead to !
    Laxman Burdak

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (October 12th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Last few days media reports indicate that all parties in Bihar elections have concentrated only on Beef issue rather than development and other social issues. We can't say where will it lead to !
    Burdak Ji, i don't think that Beef is any issue in Bihar or anywhere as people are not going vote in favor of or against Beef. It's just Media and Politicians who are trying to make it an issue. People hardly care who is eating what and why ? Do you really think that people will believe when someone says that Rishi-Muni used to eat Beef. These are the cheapest tricks to gain popularity (or unpopularity). In any case, they get the limelight on National News Channels as News Channels are always ready to make spicy news.

However, I do agree with you. It will lead to nowhere.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 1st, 2015), bharti (November 1st, 2015), ManjeetS (October 15th, 2015), ygulia (October 31st, 2015)

Hilarious video on Bihar elections:

गुस्ताखी माफ : 'लालू टॉकीज' में रिलीज हुई फिल्म 'बीइंग मोदी'

लालू टॉकीज बैनर तले मोदी के ऊपर एक फिल्म बनाई गई है, जिसका नाम है 'बीइंग मोदी'। आज गुस्ताखी माफ में देखिए लालू टॉकीज मोदी द्वारा निर्मित फिल्म 'बीइंग मोदी', जिसमें मोदी की भूमिका में लालू नजर आ रहे हैं।

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/new...-takies/385973
    Last edited by amitbudhwar; November 2nd, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

Another funny video:

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/new...patient/381442

गुस्ताखी माफ : अस्पताल में मरीज को 'पैकेज जुमला' का इंजेक्शन लगा रहे मोदी

Majority of exit polls are predicting Maha Gathbandhan win in these elections. BJP is slowly loosing momentum and certainly Modi wave is waning. Impacts of these elections will be far reaching in Indian politics. BJP had a good run so far but not any longer. Thats the beauty of Indian democracy. People have denied the divisive powers and secularism has again won over communal politics. Big setback to right wing radicals who had created a mayhem through out in India. Secularism will win eventually defeating all the evils.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Burdak Ji, i don't think that Beef is any issue in Bihar or anywhere as people are not going vote in favor of or against Beef. It's just Media and Politicians who are trying to make it an issue. People hardly care who is eating what and why ? Do you really think that people will believe when someone says that Rishi-Muni used to eat Beef. These are the cheapest tricks to gain popularity (or unpopularity). In any case, they get the limelight on National News Channels as News Channels are always ready to make spicy news.

However, I do agree with you. It will lead to nowhere.
    BJP was trying use cow as a Cash Cow in these elections but it turned out inimical for it. Raking up unnecessary issues and negative campaign have dented BJP fortunes big time. And if BJP continue to do so, it will loose further. India is democracy where people with different faiths live in harmony and if a party wants to lead the country then that party would need to gain respect from all religions, caste and creed. Money, polarization using communal politics can easily get foiled by people by exercising their votes. Implications of Bihar elections results are far reaching and these elections results will be a turning point in Indian politics which was being dominated by saffron powers for sometime. Long live Indian democracy and secularism.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

singhvp (November 10th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Majority of exit polls are predicting Maha Gathbandhan win in these elections. BJP is slowly loosing momentum and certainly Modi wave is waning. Impacts of these elections will be far reaching in Indian politics. BJP had a good run so far but not any longer. Thats the beauty of Indian democracy. People have denied the divisive powers and secularism has again won over communal politics. Big setback to right wing radicals who had created a mayhem through out in India. Secularism will win eventually defeating all the evils.
    It's not about secular or communal politics. How can someone support Lalu type of Netas on the ground of secularism.
    Though result has not revealed yet. The big message is coming out from the exit poll (if believed), Modi and Party has to do something concrete for the betterment of people rather than giving some more commitments. People have huge expectation that should be fulfilled in terms of employment generation, reform in agricultural sector and controlled inflation.

Bihar is just an example. In upcoming state assembly election in UP, Bengal, Assam and Tamilnadu etc. they have to face the similar result if their general election commitments remain unfulfilled.

I doubt on their political understanding who think BJP got mandate due to their communal politics in past and now is defeating for the same reason.

Peoples of this country are not that much fool. They want work for them. If any government fail to do so they punish to that government. Like they did with Congress in past and same will be repeated with BJP as well if BJP become fail to meet the people's expectation.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

vijay (November 6th, 2015)

If Lalu Yadav, Mulayam Yadav type leaders and Congress policies are emblems of Secularism then its useless to discuss about secularism.
    Last edited by vijay; November 6th, 2015 at 08:33 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 6th, 2015)

I agree with you Ayush, almost.

I don't know what would be the result in Bihar. It seems that either NDA or the Alliance would get just a marginal edge instead of any major swap and that would be considered as a defeat to BJP on some grounds.

Present Government have many problems. I personally believe that PM himself doing fine and working hard to yield better results. Government is doing fine at ground level but nothing sensational or substantial happened yet. Government's goals are long term but people want instant results. So, Government have to work hard to yield some FASTER results which were claimed to fulfill during election campaigns.

Modi would loose his charisma if he do not try to evaluate the reason behind the results. There is nothing to think about secularism, intolerance or such crap spread by media, parties or people. Mass is smart enough to understand the agenda behind it. But, the promises regarding development, employment needs some serious attention.

Modi is still country's favorite but he have to deliver the results.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 6th, 2015)

The so called secular and neutral channel telling the different story through its exit poll...

http://www.ndtv.com/bihar/bjp-gets-1...t-poll-1240964

This is called miracle..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

vijay (November 6th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    The so called secular and neutral channel telling the different story through its exit poll...

http://www.ndtv.com/bihar/bjp-gets-1...t-poll-1240964

This is called miracle..

Miracles do happen.

Still no clear picture in any of the Exit Polls but then it makes it more interesting.

चलिए जी अब यह तो तय हो चुका है कि मोदी एंड पार्टी बिहार में चारो खाने चित्त हो चुकी है।

बीजेपी के तरकश के सारे तीर नीतीश-लालू के किले को भेद नहीं पाए। बीजेपी के सारे वार भोथरे साबित हुए। बिहार की जातिगत राजनीति से बीजेपी पार नहीं पा सकी। भले ही कितनी कोशिशे हुई हो धुर्वीकरण की।

आश्चर्यजनक रूप से लालू नीतीश से कही आगे निकलते हुए दिखाई दिए। यह देखना भी दिलचस्प होगा कि आने वाले समय में लालू कैसे अपने पुत्रो को अपनी राजनीतिक विरासत में स्थापित करते है वो भी नीतीश की छत्रछाया में।

खैर यह ज्यादा सही होगा कि बीजेपी मोदी लहर के भुलावे से बाहर निकलकर कुछ जमीनी काम करना शुरू कर दे। नहीं तो ये कहानी कुछ और राज्य चुनावो में भी दोहरायी जा सकती है।

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (November 8th, 2015), vijay (November 8th, 2015)

After these elections, I think it is very clear that Modi is not a appealing factor anymore. People gave Modi a mandate in national electionsbut on the ground nothing has happened. Same old business as usual. I agree that one and half year is not enough to make dramatic changes but that's how it is. People are more impatient now.They need quick results first. Also BJP was betting too much on Modi's popularity all the way and ignoring its own local leaders. Local leader like Shatrughan Sinha were side lined as a result of internal conflicts and that costed BJP big time. Also RSS chief comments on reservation made a big dent to BJP's fortune. BJP could even polarize votes this time. Time has come for BJP need to introspect and reinvent itself otherwise BJP's other stronghold might follow suit if BJP still relies on Modi only . Country cannot be run by just one leader. Also you cannot use communal tactics all the time to polarize vote bank. In India, people with different faiths and religion live and you cannot ignore them. Its a clear signal to BJP now to understand the significance of secularism and strength of Indian diversity.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 8th, 2015)

Miracles do happen.

Clear signal to BJP now. BJP probably did not learn from Delhi elections and repeated similar tactics in Bihar elections. One and half year ago, BJP was looking invincible but after Bihar election I can say, Miracles do happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Clear signal to BJP now.

Agree with you on this statement.

Modi ( or BJP) needs to evaluate the situation before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    आश्चर्यजनक रूप से लालू नीतीश से कही आगे निकलते हुए दिखाई दिए। यह देखना भी दिलचस्प होगा कि आने वाले समय में लालू कैसे अपने पुत्रो को अपनी राजनीतिक विरासत में स्थापित करते है वो भी नीतीश की छत्रछाया में।
    This would be really interesting to see how they proceed now. Till now, it was a survival fight for both of them. Nitish seems to be a balanced person but Lalu is always a surprise package.

I find it hilarious that Congress leaders are behaving like they have won the election.

गयी कछाधारियो की गाय पानी में !

नास में दम कर राखा था पुरे देश क !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 8th, 2015), amitbudhwar (November 8th, 2015), rajbhasker (November 9th, 2015)

This would be really interesting to see how they proceed now. Till now, it was a survival fight for both of them. Nitish seems to be a balanced person but Lalu is always a surprise package.

I find it hilarious that Congress leaders are behaving like they have won the election.

Congress also winning...They're getting 24 out of 41. modi getting 50 out of 160.

Isse bura haal modi ka kya hoga. pura ek month bihar hi barbad kar diya. Mila kya.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (November 8th, 2015), rajbhasker (November 9th, 2015)

wah.... what a counting and results..... tide has turned totally at 10 am and views /analogy of so-called experts sitting in news rooms
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

rajbhasker (November 9th, 2015), vijay (November 8th, 2015)