Thread: Congratulations to Boxer Vijender Singh

Congratulations to Boxer Vijender Singh

Star Indian boxer Vijender Singh made a smashing professional debut by knocking out Britain's Sonny Whiting in the middleweight category here today, ruthlessly demolishing the man, who promised to put him through hell at the Manchester Arena.Vijender won the contest with a few seconds left in the third of the four-round bout via Technical Knockout, pushing Whiting literally on to the ropes and smacking him with a combination of jabs and uppercuts before the referee stepped in to stop the contest.Strolling in confidently to the beats of Punjabi song, the 29-year-old hardly looked a debutant as he got down to business against Whiting. In fact, it was Whiting, who looked timid and unsure of what to do against the clinical Indian.

For source full details and photograph link : : www.oneindia.com
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 20th, 2015), ayushkadyan (October 11th, 2015), kannumix (November 20th, 2015), op1955 (October 11th, 2015), rohittewatia (November 2nd, 2015)

What a start for Vijender. Its a very good step chosen by Vijendar. Definitely its a good reply to all the critics who were blaming Vijender for choosing professional boxing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015), kannumix (November 20th, 2015)

विजेंदर की इस जीत पे
    एब हाई कोर्ट के उन जजों की बैंच से भी पूछना चाहिये
    के एब देश का नाम नहीं होया के
    देश का भट्ठा बैठा पड़ा है तो हाई कोर्ट और सुप्रीम कोर्ट चुप है
    लेकिन इस नै प्रोफेश्नल खेलने की के कह दी
    सारा के मक्खी सी लड़गी

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b997f076-db86-4cc8-8941-8734497cc884.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	17893

He is real life hero.
    “Life has two rules: #1 Never quit #2 Always remember rule # 1.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hariyaksh For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 20th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015)

Thumbs down

He is very good boxer but selfish person. I don't have any respect for him as he chose professional boxing over playing for nation in Rio Olympics. Country made him hero, spent crores on his training and even given him SP post but he betrayed the country. He could go in Pro just after Rio. Anyways, still would like to congrats him for 3rd straight win.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (December 20th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    He is very good boxer but selfish person. I don't have any respect for him as he chose professional boxing over playing for nation in Rio Olympics. Country made him hero, spent crores on his training and even given him SP post but he betrayed the country. He could go in Pro just after Rio. Anyways, still would like to congrats him for 3rd straight win.
    That's his personal decision. Its like if doctors or engineers get trained in India and then leave overseas for better remuneration package. Nothing wrong in that my friend. People are free to decide what they want. He has paved way for other boxers to try their luck. I think Vijendar already realized his potential and knew whats right for him at this point of time. He may not have better chances in winning any medal in next Olympics. So its good to leave on high rather than playing like Kapil Dev, Lleyton Hewitt in their latter career stages. I think its a very good decision. Wish him all the best for his future.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (December 21st, 2015), AryanPoonia (December 21st, 2015), bharti (December 20th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015), kannumix (December 20th, 2015), ssgoyat (December 20th, 2015)

बैरा ना लोगां क के चिरडकी लागै जा से विजेंदर के नाम की
    बॉक्सर बना वो अपने दम पे ओलम्पिक जीता उस नै अपने दम पे
    यहाँ तक सरकार नै उस की कोई हेल्प नहीं की
    सरकार नै ओलम्पिक के बाद उस को dsp और १ या २ करोड़ दिये
    तो यो खेलना छोड़ दे एब या सरकार का गुलाम बन जा और शुरू कर दे dsp लेवल का करप्शन
    सरकार का काम होया करे जनता की हेल्प करना इतने ही हिंदुस्तान सरकार के हिमायती हो थम सारे
    तो उस छोरी की हेल्प करो नै नाम से पिंकी बुरा बॉक्सिंग मे ही है वो भी
    और वा एक्ली कोणी और बहुत से हैं ऐसे खिलाडी हैं जो एक मेडल के लिये सब कुछ दांव पे ला रै सैं
    लेकिन सरकार उन का मेडल आने के बाद उन नै पैसा देगी पहला कोणी
    अर रही देश के झण्डै की तो एब के वो गाम के झण्डै नै ढा रह्या से
    जो भी विजेंदर का नाम ले से गेल हिंदुस्तान अपने आप जोड़ दे से
    कुछ सामज़ह आया समझदारों

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kannumix For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 22nd, 2015), bharti (December 20th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015), vijaypooniya (December 23rd, 2015), vishalsunsunwal (December 20th, 2015)

छोरै की जीत पे राजी होना चाहिये
    ३ जना की धोती सी धो गरी अगले नै
    http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArtic...-6672-175.html

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannumix For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 22nd, 2015), ayushkadyan (December 20th, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015), vishalsunsunwal (December 20th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    Jit,
    Where was this Nation when he was struggling for funds just before leaving for Beijing Olympics?
    I had met him a month before he left for Beijing.

Country made him Hero?
    He won in Beijing and became a Hero.
    You will find that thread somewhere on Jatland if you search.
    He has worked very hard to reach where he is today.
    Let him enjoy.

You respect him or not, he is pride of Jats/ Haryana/ India.

Well done, Vijender.
    Heartiest congratulations
    ज़िन्दगी तो अपने ही दम पर जी जाती है... औरों के कन्धों पर तो जनाज़े ही उठा करते हैं - शहीद भगत सिंह

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bharti For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 22nd, 2015), AryanPoonia (December 21st, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (December 20th, 2015), sunillathwal (December 22nd, 2015), vijay (December 20th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Jit,
    Where was this Nation when he was struggling for funds just before leaving for Beijing Olympics?

Country made him Hero?
    Let him enjoy.

Well done, Vijender.
    Thanks for putting the facts about turmoil the National hero had to go on the eve of Beijing Olympics.

Instead of criticising his choice, let us join to wish him all success in his chosen career in future !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 22nd, 2015)

Bharti Ji,

I disagree here.

Please watch this inspiring clip below and then think again. *Goosebumps Guranteed*

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Jit,

Country made him Hero?
    Let him enjoy.

Well done, Vijender.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Shelf life of a sportsperson is very very small and being pro in contact sports requires more training, more resolve and more mental strength. He has done a good service to the Indian Boxing by going pro and more importantly by winning all these bouts. Bhiwani became known because of national and commonwealth medalist boxers like Rajkumar Sangwan 'Sugar Rey' going pro in early 90s. People like Vijender and many many others drew their inspiration from him. Now more amateur can dream of being successful in pro.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 22nd, 2015), ssgoyat (December 22nd, 2015)