Thread: Some changes on Jatland

Some changes on Jatland

Hi everyone,
    We recently made some changes to Jatland.
    1) Matrimonials had to be upgraded/revamped. The old system was pretty much untenable so had to come up with a newer one which we also made more visible. However, that caused an uproar which we didn't anticipate. Things like this happen and we took everyone's suggestion and moved it on its own section right next to forums at the top. Hopefully, it will be useful to anyone who wishes to use it and not be distracting to others.
    2) Chaupal has been moved at the top of the forums page to be more open and welcoming. Hopefully, this will encourage everyone to chat more often with their fellow Jatlanders.
    3) Mobile style updates and other backend updates to provide better, faster service to all our members.

Lastly, I am happy to look at "constructive" feedback from everyone on things they would like us to do better, new feature requests etc. Perhaps, we can avoid asking for "making my friend as the next mod because all current mods suck". :-)

-Bagh
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to satyeshwar For This Useful Post:

baljeetgathwala (October 13th, 2015), lrburdak (October 19th, 2015), rekhasmriti (October 14th, 2015), rskankara (October 17th, 2015)

Satyeshwar bhai, chaupal is at same place as it was i.e top of the forum. More than its location, I think appeal lies in its format. I am not sure of the technicalities and bug issues but can't we have something like previous formats.?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Unfortunately, the previous format (flash based) is not supported by the original authors. So it is not feasible for us to add it. Besides this one is light weight on system resources as compared to the older one. Let me know if you find one that you like though and we can consider it.
    -Bagh
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Unfortunately, the previous format (flash based) is not supported by the original authors. So it is not feasible for us to add it. Besides this one is light weight on system resources as compared to the older one. Let me know if you find one that you like though and we can consider it.
    -Bagh
    vB4, current format support 123 flash chat and they say its free for vB4.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    it is in fact no longer actively supported.
    there is an alternate solution we are considering, even though it is not free. stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Samar, 123 Flash Chat is not free.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Satyeshwar, What about PHP Free Chat though doesn't seems rich in features but extremely lightweight. Absolutely FREE.

"making my friend as the next mod because all current mods suck"

This is good one.....din't mean offend anybody .

Is Social Group Section removed ?

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Is Social Group Section removed ?

That is correct. We've removed blogs, albums, and social groups due to the fragmentation it was causing and the lack of adequate usage. While a few groups were somewhat active, it was an orphan feature that was not being used, and the quality of participation was rather poor.

We're re-focusing the site into 3-4 main areas - Forums, Wiki, Matrimonials, and Chaupal (soon).

Satyeshwar, The Chaupal is such a pleasant surprise. Thanks a lot for adding such a cool tool.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (October 17th, 2015)

I liked the new Chaupal...awesome.....

N sorry I was being very critical about same ......

Suggestions to improve Jatland

Admins may like to go through the suggestion to improve Jatland and take steps required.

http://www.accessify.com/j/jatland.com
    Laxman Burdak