Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why we should save cow?

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Well author has shared credible references.
    Have you gone though the context of those credible references.

First reference, dated 1972, is from Nigeria where "Cow's urine" concoction (CUPR) is a traditional remedy for convulsive seizures. They examined the preparation and administration of "cow's urine concoction" and the signs and symptoms of cow's urine poisoning due to the process.

Second reference,
    dated 2003, is from Andmaan and Nokobars Islands to assess the leptospiral carrier state and seroprevalence among animal population. The seroprevalence was highest among cows (40·32%). Of 85 rat (Rattus rattus) samples tested for antileptospiral antibodies six (7·1%) were positive. Leptospires were isolated from kidney of two rats and urine of one cow. Isolate from urine of cow was heavily contaminated and was subsequently lost during further subculture.

Both researched were done to check the contamination in the Urine but not the Urine.

I wonder even you go through the links before posting it here.

There are so many poor fellows who just read the punch lines and start shouting from their rooftop.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ygulia (October 28th, 2015)

I think that topic under discussion is Cows instead of discussing whether Cow's Urine is useful or not.

Good read for all:

The Myth of the Holy Cow
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/200...ighereducation

Some extract:

These Indians slaughtered cattle for both food and the elaborate sacrificial rituals prescribed by the Vedas, the first and the holiest Indian scriptures. After they settled down and turned to agriculture, they put a slightly higher value upon the cow: it produced milk, ghee, yoghurt and manure and could be used for ploughing and transport as well.
    Indian religion and philosophy after the Vedas rejected the ritual killing of animals. This may have also served to protect the cow. But beef eating was still not considered a sin. It is often casually referred to in the earliest Buddhist texts. The great Indian emperor Ashoka, who instituted non-violence as state policy in the third century BC, did not ban the slaughter of cattle.
    I wish to inform friends here that emperor Ashoka's first Major Rock Edict says this:

1.No animal should be slaughtered and offered as offering in a sacrifice.

2. Earlier hundreds of thousands of living beings were slaughtered in the kichen of his lordship.

3. Ever since this edict has been issued slaughter has been restricted to three, namely i.one deer and ii. two peacocks.

4. Later (in due course of time) even these three wont be slaughtered (i.e. there would be total ban on slaghter of living beings in the royal kitchen)

5.I would imagine that the public could not have been expected to have different way.

Later afer about thirteen years Ashoka in his fifth Major Pillar Edict says in his list of forbidden birds and animals for killing that the cow or bullock should not be castrated or branded with hot iron bars (for identity perhaps0. This indicates his sensitivity towards all living beings.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (October 27th, 2015), vijay (October 26th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Have you gone though the context of those credible references.
    Did you go through those references in first instance?You did Not. You started arguing like an idiot. When you got challenged then you took some pain to look into cited references. You denied and questioned author knowledge as well. At least his article got some space on a news website unlike you. You still did not read the references properly. In that reference it is clearly written that:

The effect of each component used in preparing the concoction was also tested.

If cow urine alone had some magical effect on tests then it would have also been highlighted. Moreover same cocktails are being prepared by some so called Ayurvedic organisations to deceive people without thoroughly testing their effects on Humans. Vague claims are made by such organisations that cow's urine can treat cancer. So many types of cancers are there, which cancer got treated? Making people fool as usual and then their followers also have presence in social media who defend them like anything.

First reference, dated 1972, is from Nigeria where "Cow's urine" concoction (CUPR) is a traditional remedy for convulsive seizures. They examined the preparation and administration of "cow's urine concoction" and the signs and symptoms of cow's urine poisoning due to the process.

Second reference,
    dated 2003, is from Andmaan and Nokobars Islands to assess the leptospiral carrier state and seroprevalence among animal population. The seroprevalence was highest among cows (40·32%). Of 85 rat (Rattus rattus) samples tested for antileptospiral antibodies six (7·1%) were positive. Leptospires were isolated from kidney of two rats and urine of one cow. Isolate from urine of cow was heavily contaminated and was subsequently lost during further subculture.

Both researched were done to check the contamination in the Urine but not the Urine.

I wonder even you go through the links before posting it here.

There are so many poor fellows who just read the punch lines and start shouting from their rooftop.
    Who's is shouting from rooftop is clearly shown here. Without reading articles properly you started pouring your judgement on me. Without knowing in what context author has written, you gave your final verdict on me as well as on author. Read it again.
    It says :

Cow's urine can also be a source of harmful bacteria and infectious diseases.

CAuthor is trying to say that Cow's Urine can carry harmful bacteria and infectious diseases.
    Cited reference heading states:

Leptospiral carrier state and seroprevalence among animal population – a cross-sectional sample survey in Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Samples of urine were taken to examine contagious diseases like Leptospires.

Now read the following line:

Leptospires were isolated from kidney of two rats and urine of one cow.

Whta is
    Leptospirosis? Leptospirosis is now identified as one of the emerging infectiousdiseases, exemplified by recent large outbreaks in Nicaragua(78, 100, 349, 507, 581), Brazil, India (645), southeastAsia, the United States (98, 102).
    About Leptospirosis in details:
    http://cmr.asm.org/content/14/2/296.full.pdf

Go and read again in what context it is written rather than publishing your certificates on my knowledge, Author's knowledge etc.
    Last edited by amitbudhwar; October 27th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Explained: Holiness of the Cow and Controversy Over Beef-Eating In Ancient India

http://indianexpress.com/article/exp...ancient-india/
    A sampling of scholarship suggests both ancient Indian texts and rulers adopted a mixed approach — condoning as well as prohibiting the killing and consumption of cows, depending on circumstances.

Though there seems to have been some feeling against the killing of cows even in Vedic times, Asoka did not forbid the slaughter of cattle, and oxen, at any rate, were killed for food even later.

What is the evidence… that Hindus never ate beef and were opposed to the killing of cow?
    …In the Rig Veda… the cow is spoken of as Aghnya…, ‘one who does not deserve to be killed’… Another reference… [is] where the cow is called Devi (Goddess). [But] Aghnya… means a cow that was yielding milk and therefore not fit for being killed. That the cow is venerated in the Rig Veda is of course true. [But] the utility of the cow did not prevent the Aryan from killing the cow for purposes of food…
    …The testimony of the Satapatha Brahmana and the Apastamba Dharma Sutra… are merely exhortations against the excesses of cow-killing and not prohibitions against cow-killing.

A L Basham
    The Wonder That Was India, 1954

Though there seems to have been some feeling against the killing of cows even in Vedic times, Asoka did not forbid the slaughter of cattle, and oxen, at any rate, were killed for food even later. But the Arthasastra refers to… herds of aged, diseased and sterile cattle, and it therefore appears that before the Christian era cattle were normally allowed to die a natural death, at least in some parts of the country…

Mahadev Chakravarti
    Beef-Eating in Ancient India Social Scientist, June 1979

“Beef-eating was… popular with the Vedic Indians… Not only for the purpose of sacrifices but for food also, the bovine species were killed in regular slaughter-houses and this is evident from [a] hymn of the Rgveda…

…[Grhyasutras and Dharmasutras] provide ample evidence of the eating of flesh including beef… The ceremonial welcome of guests (sometimes known as arghya but generally as madhuparka) consisted… of the flesh of a cow or bull… [At] the sacred thread ceremony… it was necessary for a snataka to wear an upper garment of cowhide.
    …Cattle were killed for food during the Mauryan period as is evident from the Arthasastra of Kautilya and Asoka’s own list of animals exempt from slaughter, which, significantly, does not include the cow…
    …The Mahabharata makes a laudatory reference to the king Rantideva in whose kitchen two thousand cows were butchered each day… The Ramayana of Valmiki makes frequent references to the killing of animals including the cow for sacrifice and for food…
    …Caraka, Susruta and Vagbhata… speak of the therapeutic uses of beef.

…One Brahmana passage forbids the eating of either cow or bull (dhenu or anaduha), [but] the text then adds, “However, Yajnavalkya said, ‘I do eat [the meat of both cow and bull], as long as it’s tasty.’”… We can see… the conflicted belief that there is a chain of food and eaters… that both justifies itself and demands that we break out of it: It happens, but it must not happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

Cow urine is not beneficial for health but milk.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hariyaksh For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015), amitbudhwar (October 28th, 2015)

Did you go through those references in first instance?You did Not. You started arguing like an idiot. When you got challenged then you took some pain to look into cited references. You denied and questioned author knowledge as well. At least his article got some space on a news website unlike you. You still did not read the references properly.

No, i didn't go through those references initially but just rejected due to the fact that the article was addressed to a Politcal Party. But when you stressed upon its credibility, being an open minded person, i checked those references.

I rechecked again even after your above post to ensure that i am not mistaken. But, the facts are same as i posted in my earlier post. It could be better discussed without using any 'Idiot' type words as the person who feels out of arguments in a debate starts using such foul language.

Cow's urine can also be a source of harmful bacteria and infectious diseases.

CAuthor is trying to say that Cow's Urine can carry harmful bacteria and infectious diseases.
    Cited reference heading states:

Leptospiral carrier state and seroprevalence among animal population – a cross-sectional sample survey in Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Samples of urine were taken to examine contagious diseases like Leptospires.

Now read the following line:

Leptospires were isolated from kidney of two rats and urine of one cow.
    We both are on same page but only difference is that you are talking about the subject i.e Cow Urine only and i am talking about the reason and conclusion i.e. Why this research was done.

They did it to check whether animals are exposed to some diseases in Andman and Nicobar Islands.
    They subsequently concluded that Animals were infected. Seroprevalence was highest among cows (40.3%). So, cows were infected in Andman and Nicobar Islands.

This was a area specific research otherwise the research could have taken place anywhere in India where Cows were not infected.

Explained: Holiness of the Cow and Controversy Over Beef-Eating In Ancient India

http://indianexpress.com/article/exp...ancient-india/
    A sampling of scholarship suggests both ancient Indian texts and rulers adopted a mixed approach — condoning as well as prohibiting the killing and consumption of cows, depending on circumstances.
    Thousands of such specifically fabricated articles/news are being posted and shared on Facebook from some Sickular freaks.
    Last edited by vijay; October 27th, 2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spell

जाट कसुते बावले हो क गऊ गऊ कर रे सं ! जब के तक़रीबन सारे म्हैंस का दूध पी पी बड़े हुए ! किमे बचान की जरूत स तों वा स म्हैंस ! ज ईब अस्तित्व का सवाल पैदा हो जा त सारे गऊ न काचा खा जांगे बिना नूनं लाये !
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015), amitbudhwar (October 28th, 2015), ManjeetS (October 31st, 2015)

No, i didn't go through those references initially but just rejected due to the fact that the article was addressed to a Politcal Party. But when you stressed upon its credibility, being an open minded person, i checked those references.

I rechecked again even after your above post to ensure that i am not mistaken. But, the facts are same as i posted in my earlier post. It could be better discussed without using any 'Idiot' type words as the person who feels out of arguments in a debate starts using such foul language.

That means you again did not read properly. BJP partly member made a vague claim about benefits of Cow's urine in order to treat cancer. so of course any sane person on earth would challenge that because no proven medical discovery has been around to treat cancer. And on top of that, vaguely arguing about cancer. Which cancer? So many types. But people like you would start arguing without reading about it properly. That shows your "Openly Biased Mind" on such issues. You have proved it here. Go and support whoever you want. Nothing foul about using word Idiot if someone possess those characteristics and showcase it. You have accepted that you did not read anything about references and then you started jumping up and down to defend your preconceived notions. Reference clearly stated that Cow's Urine alone was also tested. Also as I told you earlier, similar mix are prepared by so called Ayurvedic orgs in India without testing their impacts properly and thoroughly. Its all about selling their ineffective and dangerous to health products in the name of Ayurveda. Their Vanar Sena, Chaddi Sena on the web then defends them. Such stooges have been given carte blanche to create ruckus in country in the name of Hindutava, Cow and similar crap.

We both are on same page but only difference is that you are talking about the subject i.e Cow Urine only and i am talking about the reason and conclusion i.e. Why this research was done.

They did it to check whether animals are exposed to some diseases in Andman and Nicobar Islands.
    They subsequently concluded that Animals were infected. Seroprevalence was highest among cows (40.3%). So, cows were infected in Andman and Nicobar Islands.

This was a area specific research otherwise the research could have taken place anywhere in India where Cows were not infected.
    Are bhai, use some mind. Author is nowhere wrong in saying that Cow Urine could be a source of harmful bacteria and infectious disease. Test itself implies that Cow could carry such diseases and consuming their Urine could be catastrophic. Nothing wrong in saying that. It could be a case when such diseases are not detected in the animals.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

op1955 (October 28th, 2015)

Thousands of such specifically fabricated articles/news are being posted and shared on Facebook from some Sickular freaks.
    Keep publishing your certificates of authenticity. According to you Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, A L Basham, Mahadev Chakravarti, D N Jha and Wendy Doniger have written fabricated books and articles. You have been doing it and proved it already in this thread that you start commenting without going through those articles. Many Chaddi prasads on the web also do that. According to them they know everything. Their Hindutva ideology is superior and they try to assert it on everyone. Such Chaddis can go to any level and do the damage.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

op1955 (October 28th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    जाट कसुते बावले हो क गऊ गऊ कर रे सं ! जब के तक़रीबन सारे म्हैंस का दूध पी पी बड़े हुए ! किमे बचान की जरूत स तों वा स म्हैंस ! ज ईब अस्तित्व का सवाल पैदा हो जा त सारे गऊ न काचा खा जांगे बिना नूनं लाये !
    Chaddi propaganda is spreading like a viral disease in India. Jats are no exception to it. They are falling prey to such right wing radical elements who are doing enough damage to the country. Some Chaddis have occupied higher posts and they and manipulating history, school text books etc. Killing rationalist who challenge their ideology. It is bound to happen when you have such powers in place. Parallels can be drawn between Pak's Zia ul haq regime and current regime. One can imagine the consequences of such radical powers in the long term. Short term consequences are already in front of us and long term ones will haunt us for long time.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015), op1955 (October 28th, 2015)

Going at this pace of right wing extremism and intolerance, that day will not be far when blogger will be targeted like what is happening in our neighboring countries.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015), op1955 (October 28th, 2015)

According to you Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, A L Basham, Mahadev Chakravarti, D N Jha and Wendy Doniger have written fabricated books and articles. You have been doing it and proved it already in this thread that you start commenting without going through those articles. Many Chaddi prasads on the web also do that. According to them they know everything. Their Hindutva ideology is superior and they try to assert it on everyone. Such Chaddis can go to any level and do the damage.

After 50-60 years or so, people would say that there was a great leader named Rahul Gandhi and might quote some of his great statements in their arguments in future. We all know the reality.

It's not a hidden fact that Dr. Ambedkar adapted the Buddhism and spelled out a lot of venom about his birth religion. Nobody expected to hear any good thing from a CONVERTED person. And forget about the West Bengal communist writers as they always tried to twist our History like anything.

Nobody knows everything and nobody is trying to prove any superior ideology. Reading sponsored articles at Facebook and then developing a perception always leads to misunderstand the situation.

Going at this pace of right wing extremism and intolerance, that day will not be far when blogger will be targeted like what is happening in our neighboring countries.

Most of the bloggers have already dissolved the communal venom in the society which is infectious and spreading out by leaps and bounds.

Most of the bloggers have already dissolved the communal venom in the society which is infectious and spreading out by leaps and bounds.
    Yeah you are right. Internet is flooded with many Chaddi Sena activity and Chaddi prasads propaganda. Disease has already spread among people including jats.

Doesn't matter whether someone is wearing a chaddi or a borrowed Sickular trousers, peoples are falling for their agendas. This is certainly downgrading India's image Globally.

Neighbors always enjoy the show when a person bashes at his own people. The community who can't respect and stand for their own values deserves such outcome. Thousands of years of Indian History is full of such episodes and always provided ideal opportunities for the outsiders to rule over us.

Concluding it with a Muslim leader's statement, "A person who don't have any respect for his own religion, how could we expect from him to respect others"
    Last edited by vijay; October 29th, 2015 at 03:14 PM.

Doesn't matter whether someone is wearing a chaddi or a borrowed Sickular trousers, peoples are falling for their agendas. This is certainly downgrading India's image Globally.

Neighbors always enjoy the show when a person bashes at his own people. The community who can't respect and stand for their own values deserves such outcome. Thousands of years of Indian History is full of such episodes and always provided ideal opportunities for the outsiders to rule over us.
    Superstitious practices exerted on common people by so called Higher caste people along with false propaganda is the root cause of such issues. Classes were created within society to divided people and that did not allow society to innovate . People could not come out this cycle yet and still going in circles and falling prey to propaganda politics. Such propaganda will further cause more damage to society. Unless you adopt a rational approach I don't you would ever be able to come out of such issues. Western world has adopted this principle to some extent and they are benefiting from it. Their fundamental are stronger as they thrive on practical,pragmatic, and scientific approach. They had campaign against absolute power, superstition. They adopted liberalized and secular approach and their institutions became irreligious. This allowed them to look things more scientifically and practically which helped them to progress and innovate. Now if you don't adopt such approaches and allow religious radicals to dominate your policies then would continue to suffer.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

Western world has adopted this principle to some extent and they are benefiting from it. Their fundamental are stronger as they thrive on practical,pragmatic, and scientific approach. They had campaign against absolute power, superstition. They adopted liberalized and secular approach and their institutions became irreligious. This allowed them to look things more scientifically and practically which helped them to progress and innovate.
    Millions dollars of grants every year from western countries to Indian Christian Organization to spread Christianity clearly shows their practical, pragmatic and scientific approach.

But then, If they declare themselves as secular then they are secular as per dictionary meaning unlike the twisted Sickular theories in India.

Scientist community is believed as practicing the most rational, pragmatic and scientific approach. And best example could be the biggest scientific project of mankind i.e. Large Hadron Collider at CERN Particle Physics. A NATRAJ (Dancing Shiva) statue in front of CERN Building clearly shows their approach towards religion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natraj.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	17832

A special plaque next to the Shiva statue at CERN states :

Ananda K. Coomaraswamy, seeing beyond the unsurpassed rhythm, beauty, power and grace of the Nataraja, once wrote of it "It is the clearest image of the activity of God which any art or religion can boast of."

"Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter," and that "For the modern physicists, then, Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

"Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics.

I hope that CERN is not considered as a Right Wing Organization by Sickulars.

Being religious doesn't make a person superstitious while criticizing a religious theory doesn't make a person Secular.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shiva.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	17833  
    Last edited by vijay; October 30th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

We should save camel also.... he's more closed to our Bagdi's than a cow anyway...

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Camel_Urine_and_Islam
    http://islamqa.info/en/83423
    http://islamqa.info/en/83423
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015), DrRajpalSingh (October 30th, 2015), ManjeetS (October 31st, 2015), vijay (October 30th, 2015)