Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Why we should save cow?

  1. #1

    Why we should save cow?

    Today people fighting over cow. We think it's their mother. But even they don't know benefits of cow. I have some strong question here and I want to raise them into this thread. Cow is very useful animal and there is no question about it.

    Cow Urine Benefits


    Cow Milk Benefits

    My questions are here?

    Some people say it's belong to god

    If yes then why she is still on road? There are 90 cr Hindu in this country.

    Some people say it's their mother.

    If yes then why you don't have this mother at home. she is still on road.

    Okay If we don't protect her, don't keep her, then why we claim on this.


    Omg I just forget that you guys are living in luxury homes. You can have pet like cat or dogs but it's hard to keep cow.

    Are you Hindu? If yes Then Cow is your mother. Do you care about her? Do you or not?

    What's wrong with us?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjeetS View Post
    Today people fighting over cow. We think it's their mother. But even they don't know benefits of cow. I have some strong question here and I want to raise them into this thread. Cow is very useful animal and there is no question about it.

    Cow Urine Benefits


    Cow Milk Benefits

    My questions are here?

    Some people say it's belong to god

    If yes then why she is still on road? There are 90 cr Hindu in this country.

    Some people say it's their mother.

    If yes then why you don't have this mother at home. she is still on road.

    Okay If we don't protect her, don't keep her, then why we claim on this.


    Omg I just forget that you guys are living in luxury homes. You can have pet like cat or dogs but it's hard to keep cow.

    Are you Hindu? If yes Then Cow is your mother. Do you care about her? Do you or not?

    What's wrong with us?
    Urine, really? Come on yar don't say this. It's all propaganda of right wing organisations.
    Last edited by amitbudhwar; October 25th, 2015 at 09:41 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  5. #3
    Regardless of how religious in practice are people in any community in India it can be said that the cow has become a cultural construct in India, historically speaking. Non Hindus are aware of this and good citizens among them are discreet about all things associated with cow. The world has been going on peacefully, generally. If I am correctly informed the Directive Principles of State Policy envisage a total ban on cow slaughter. With the decline of cow breeding this may be easier to do.But pending that democratic India can easily mnage it course towards that direction. Those who who have no concern to protect the cow should at least respect the sensitivities of their compatriots. those who can co-operate in cow protection should do something tangible towards that direction i.e. patronise cow or help those who do, rather then act like lumpens nd do politics in the name of the poor animal.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

    vijay (October 25th, 2015)

  7. #4
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    People may have different opinions but we must admit the bitter truth that Cow is treated as Holy Animals in India since thousands of years. In what manner people link themselves to Cows is their personal belief. We are nobody to force them to change that.

    All religions have some fundamental beliefs which do not require any proof to substantiate them to others.

    I agree, people are talking about Cow but you are taking it in wrong direction. Its not about whether Cow is Mother/God or not but the real debate is whether Cows should slaughtered for eating or not. What people should eat is their personal matters until unless some freaks try to make a News ( intentionally organizing a Beef Party ) to disturb communal harmony.

    Pork is banned in approx 58 countries. Horse meat and Dog meat is banned in many European Countries. These countries must having their own reasons behind this ban.

    Why Cow is still on the read makes a genuine question to ponder upon. It maybe because Hindu don't kill them or sell them to butchers ( due to any reasons) but let them free to wander in open fields to graze and get a natural death with time. Due the modernization, when open fields and greenery is shrinking drastically Cows have nowhere to go except the roads. There are cows houses in almost every city and village areas but still seems outnumbered by the cow population.

    You are right that we can not keep Cows in our drawing rooms but maybe you have come across people having Pigs in their drawing rooms in the 58 countries where Pork is banned. Right ?

    We are Hindu and there is nothing wrong with us except that some of our own brothers don't respect their own religion and question their own identity and existence.
    Last edited by vijay; October 25th, 2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spell
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

    vijaypooniya (October 25th, 2015)

  9. #5
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Urine, really? Come on yar don't say this. It's all propaganda of right wing organisations.

    Research Institutes are not run by any religious or political organizations. The Doctors and Scientists don't process any Left or Right theories when they run the tests in laboratories.

    People are free to adapt their favorite therapies but shouldn't discard others on the basis of any political or religious reasons.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

    vijaypooniya (October 25th, 2015)

  11. #6
    I agree with u brother

  12. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Urine, really? Come on yar don't say this. It's all propaganda of right wing organisations.

    Yes I have heard this from many people. Even some doctors say

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

    vijay (October 26th, 2015)

  14. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

    Research Institutes are not run by any religious or political organizations. The Doctors and Scientists don't process any Left or Right theories when they run the tests in laboratories.

    People are free to adapt their favorite therapies but shouldn't discard others on the basis of any political or religious reasons.
    Well its too early to say that Cow Urine is effective on Human Beings. Studies have been performed on mice but not on Humans. Kindly read this:

    http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...hy-231156.html

    Now, the facts

    1. There are over 200 types of cancer. Which cancer exactly does cow urine cure? All of them? So far, there is no definite "cure for cancer" because cancer isn't one disease to begin with.
    2. There's a "patent" for cow urine's efficacy in treating cancer floating around on the web. But a patent does not mean pharmaceutical efficacy. The patent was was based on testing on mice, not humans. Unless there is pharmaceutical testing with human trials approved by a competent regulator such as the US FDA or the Indian Drug Controller General would be valid.
    What is disturbing is a study that reveals how cow urine, being administered to mice can cause "significant side effects, including convulsion, depressed respiration, and death." Cow's urine can also be a source of harmful bacteria and infectious diseases.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  16. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjeetS View Post
    Yes I have heard this from many people. Even some doctors say
    Are bhai, though I respect customs and traditions but in this age of science kindly do some research on your own as well. There are some organisations who are making fortune out of selling drugs in the name of Ayurveda which don't cure anything. Patanjali is a leading organisation in that. Through marketing and using religious tactics, this org has made massive amounts of profits. Many of their claims to cure disease like cancer are false! Poor people get trapped into their marketing around Yoga and Ayurveda etc. Use your own research and then believe.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  18. #10
    Assault of right wing elements on minorities is on rise since BJP govt took power last year. Fundamentals of secularism have been undermined in the name Hindutava. Cow slaughter issue is being used as a tool for poll polarization. India is a pluralistic society where different religions have their own space and recognition. One community cannot inflict their agendas on others and vice versa. Therefore mutual harmony must be maintained and respected. Lets not fall prey to this right wing extremism.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  20. #11
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Well its too early to say that Cow Urine is effective on Human Beings. Studies have been performed on mice but not on Humans. Kindly read this:

    http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...hy-231156.html
    And who is this Kunal Anand to authenticate it ? And why he is addressing BJP in this articles. It clearly shows his political bias behind this article.

    Secondly, are you sure what he says is approved by US FDA or Indian Drug Controller General either ? He doesn't substantiate anything except posting some further links just like you are doing here. You can found thousands of such links in favor of or against it.

    Besides, its already stated that what people believe is their personal choice. You may have your own thousands of reasons to not believe in it.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  21. #12
    Good read for all:

    The Myth of the Holy Cow
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/200...ighereducation

    Some extract:

    These Indians slaughtered cattle for both food and the elaborate sacrificial rituals prescribed by the Vedas, the first and the holiest Indian scriptures. After they settled down and turned to agriculture, they put a slightly higher value upon the cow: it produced milk, ghee, yoghurt and manure and could be used for ploughing and transport as well.
    Indian religion and philosophy after the Vedas rejected the ritual killing of animals. This may have also served to protect the cow. But beef eating was still not considered a sin. It is often casually referred to in the earliest Buddhist texts. The great Indian emperor Ashoka, who instituted non-violence as state policy in the third century BC, did not ban the slaughter of cattle.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  23. #13
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Poor people get trapped into their marketing around Yoga and Ayurveda etc.
    Thousands of years old Yoga and Ayurveda are just marketing propaganda according to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Use your own research and then believe.
    Reasearch ......... Just like you have done perfectly.

    Congrats ! Your research deserves a Nobel Prize.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  24. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    And who is this Kunal Anand to authenticate it ? And why he is addressing BJP in this articles. It clearly shows his political bias behind this article.

    Because BJP is the only party which makes hue and cry over cow and worth mentioning BJP as one can look into party history and its inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

    Secondly, are you sure what he says is approved by US FDA or Indian Drug Controller General either ? He doesn't substantiate anything except posting some further links just like you are doing here. You can found thousands of such links in favor of or against it.

    Besides, its already stated that what people believe is their personal choice. You may have your own thousands of reasons to not believe in it.
    Neither US FDA not Indian Drug controller recognize cow urine as a cure for diseases like cancer. Cow urine is being used promote business by some organisation which are flourishing under new regime. They are using unverified results to fool poor people of India who often become victim of conspiratorial theories.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

    abhisheklakda (November 3rd, 2015)

  26. #15
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Good read for all:

    The Myth of the Holy Cow
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/200...ighereducation
    Do you really have something to say or discuss apart from bugging Jatland with all these stupid Facebook links shared by some Sickular Freaks there.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  27. #16
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post

    Because BJP is the only party which makes hue and cry over cow and worth mentioning BJP as one can look into party history and its inception.
    And to update your horrible knowledge about History, there was no BJP thousands of years back.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  28. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Thousands of years old Yoga and Ayurveda are just marketing propaganda according to you.
    I am not criticizing yoga and Ayurveda at all. I am talking about some organisations which are using Yoga and Ayurveda as a shelter to sell their ineffective products. Patranjali is one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Reasearch ......... Just like you have done perfectly.

    Congrats ! Your research deserves a Nobel Prize.
    Well I am no one here to change you or your liking.
    Last edited by amitbudhwar; October 26th, 2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Removed some lines.

  29. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    And to update your horrible knowledge about History, there was no BJP thousands of years back.
    Are bhai read my post again. In what context it is written. Don't be so furious.

  30. #19
    Moderator
    Points: 13,703, Level: 50
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social Veteran Created Album pictures Tagger First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Are bhai read my post again. In what context it is written. Don't be so furious.
    I am not furious, Mate.

    I have nothing to do with any Political Party. They all are same, more or less.

    I just pointed out that aim of this article is to target some political party instead of bringing forward some genuine data or research material.
    Last edited by vijay; October 26th, 2015 at 02:00 PM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

  31. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    I am not furious, Mate.

    I have nothing to do with any Political Party. They all are same, more or less.

    I just pointed out that aim of this article is to target some political party instead of bringing forward some genuine data or research material.
    Well author has shared credible references. Nevertheless you have every right to disagree with what is written in that article. I tried to share it just because I thought it was worth mentioning about it. If you or anyone else have a different point of view then that's fine and that's how it should be. Debating can help in refining thoughts provided we have right intentions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •