Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: या तो 'रामायण/महाभारत' झूठी या फिर 'आर्य-भट्ट'

या तो 'रामायण/महाभारत' झूठी या फिर 'आर्य-भट्ट'

या तो 'रामायण/महाभारत' झूठी या फिर 'आर्य-भट्ट' झूठा!

शून्य (0) का आविष्कार पाँचवीं सदी में आर्यभट्ट ने किया था, तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) 'आर्य-भट्ट' से पहले कैसे गिन लिए गए?

कह दो कि आर्यभट्ट ने शून्य (0) का आविष्कार नही किया था, नहीं तो हजारों वर्ष पुरानी रामायण, महाभारत झूठी साबित हो ...रही हैं|

एक और ऐसा बिंदु जो मेरे इस स्टैंड को सत्यापित करता है कि रामायण और महाभारत आठवीं सदी के शंकराचार्यों के काल में लिखी गई मीथोलॉजिकल रचनाएँ मात्र हैं|

फूल मलिक
    One who doesn't know own roots and culture, their social identity is like a letter without address and they are culturally slave to philosophies of others.

Reunion of Haryana state of pre-1857 is the best way possible to get Jats united.

Phool Kumar Malik - Gathwala Khap - Nidana Heights

Nobody claimed that Aryabhata invented Zero except you.

Sumerians were aware of counting large numbers and used zero. Babylonian used zero as a symbol in their counting.

Mayan used to evaluate stars and their positions in the sky which needed a lot of calculations. Such a complex calculation couldn't carried out without using zero.

Building huge and symmetrical architectural structures like Pyramids were not possible without any mathematical calculation. Egyptians knowledge about Zero represented in their Hieroglyphs.

In the Harappan Civilization remains, A bronze rod marked in units of 0.367 inches was discovered and points to the degree of accuracy which was used for measurements. Weights corresponding to units of 0.05, 0.01, 0.02, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 ,100, 200, and 500 also have been discovered.

In 5th century, Aryabhata evaluated and used this ZERO ( existing since thousands years ) to provide us the
    present decimal place value system of Modern Mathematics.

Please update your basic General Knowledge before taking a decisive STAND on such topics. Your argument here is below stupidity level to prove your point.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 12th, 2015), ygulia (December 15th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

Sumerians were aware of counting large numbers and used zero. Babylonian used zero as a symbol in their counting.

Mayan used to evaluate stars and their positions in the sky which needed a lot of calculations. Such a complex calculation couldn't carried out without using zero.

Building huge and symmetrical architectural structures like Pyramids were not possible without any mathematical calculation. Egyptians knowledge about Zero represented in their Hieroglyphs.

In the Harappan Civilization remains, A bronze rod marked in units of 0.367 inches was discovered and points to the degree of accuracy which was used for measurements. Weights corresponding to units of 0.05, 0.01, 0.02, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 ,100, 200, and 500 also have been discovered.

In 5th century, Aryabhata evaluated and used this ZERO ( existing since thousands years ) to provide us the

Please update your basic General Knowledge before taking a decisive STAND on such topics. Your argument here is below stupidity level to prove your point.
    Yes, In the absence of solid supporting data, the instant topic selected as thread heading, can better be avoided !
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

The references which you have provided first three are of foreign origin. What I talked of here were both in Indian context. Reread my post.

Thanks for briefing me on correlation of periods of Mahabharata/Ramayana and Harappan Civilization. As far as I know Harppans are not as old as Mahabharata and Ramayana.

And kindly go to the high school syllabus books, if not of current syllabus at least of yours or ours time, it was clearly taught that "zero" was invented by Arya Bhatta.

Stupidity can be there but don't make it such a big issue to prove the whole post clueless.

And you know one more thing, in proving stupidity in this post you have at least fataled that song "jab zero diya mere bharat ne", either get me who was this person in bharat who gave zero (I think Arya Bhatt, right?) to world or otherwise your first three foreign references go fatal on you itself.

Last edited by phoolkumar; December 12th, 2015 at 01:49 PM.
    One who doesn't know own roots and culture, their social identity is like a letter without address and they are culturally slave to philosophies of others.

Reunion of Haryana state of pre-1857 is the best way possible to get Jats united.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to phoolkumar For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 13th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by phoolkumar View Post
    The references which you have provided first three are of foreign origin. What I talked of here were both in Indian context. Reread my post.
    History remains the same in any context that's why it is called History.

Thanks for briefing me on correlation of periods of Mahabharata/Ramayana and Harappan Civilization. As far as I know Harppans are not as old as Mahabharata and Ramayana.
    We have proof of Harrapan Civilization and its much before Aryabhata's period. My point is that people were aware about the ZERO much before Aryabhata.

And kindly go to the high school syllabus books, if not of current syllabus at least of yours or ours time, it was clearly taught that "zero" was invented by Arya Bhatta.
    You need to read those books again if you have any doubts. Aryabhata didn't invented ZERO but he invented Decimal place Value System which we use these days. In simple terms for you to understand, he gave the rules to use zero in mathematical operation but not the number zero itself.

And you know one more thing, in proving stupidity in this post you have at least fataled that song "jab zero diya mere bharat ne", either get me who was this person in bharat who gave zero (I think Arya Bhatt, right?) to world or otherwise your first three foreign references go fatal on you itself.
    This is Hilarious. So, you use this song as a reference for your historical research ?

Now, tell me who is better Historian ?

Indivar who written the lyrics of this song or Mahender Kapoor who gave his voice to the song or Manoj Kumar on whom the song was filmed or Maybe you who is doing such a wonderful research ?
    Last edited by vijay; December 12th, 2015 at 06:01 PM.

So I asked who invented "zero" in india, you have no answer to it. Thanks for your knowledge and research too.

Ancient history was not as much connected as today's era. This all history is not far way connected. Or if you claim so then thanks for providing the sources through which and time when the three foreign sources provided by you entered India.

Next point is that "Zero diya mere bharat ne", do you think that they made it to make people stupid and nothing true in it. Well if they can make fool of people on such a large scale, then why r u arguing on? Though that's a different case if yours research is also incomplete in countering me.

Please bring some proof on connectivit of periods of ramayana/mahabharat to harppans. writing just for shake should not be sufficient when you claim my post a stupid one. Get proper facts or else what would be the use of wasting time like this?

History remains the same in any context that's why it is called History.

We have proof of Harrapan Civilization and its much before Aryabhata's period. My point is that people were aware about the ZERO much before Aryabhata.

You need to read those books again if you have any doubts. Aryabhata didn't invented ZERO but he invented Decimal place Value System which we use these days. In simple terms for you to understand, he gave the rules to use zero in mathematical operation but not the number zero itself.

This is Hilarious. So, you use this song as a reference for your historical research ?

Now, tell me who is better Historian ?

Indivar who written the lyrics of this song or Mahender Kapoor who gave his voice to the song or Manoj Kumar on whom the song was filmed or Maybe you who is doing such a wonderful research ?
    Last edited by phoolkumar; December 12th, 2015 at 06:34 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phoolkumar For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 16th, 2015)

Read an interesting article related with the topic,

link http://www.history.com/news/ask-hist...ented-the-zero
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Well this article supports my point only, its this line: "Sumerian scribes used spaces to denote absences in number columns as early as 4,000 years ago", proves that my argument is not a stupidity. It still remains logical because ramayan/mahabharat are claimed to be more than 5000 years older. Question still stands like: तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) कैसे गिन लिए गए? tht too more than 5000 years ago, right?

Hence I haven't brought here something as tagged or termed by you both that my post is a stupidity act. So please don't rush in hurry to mark someone's views so ridiculously.

Kisi ki research mein kami rah sakti hai, parntu yah koi approach nahin hoti jo aap donon (Dr. Rajpal and Vijay) ne apnai aur ek meri post ko stupidity to doosra isko hataane ki hi baat kar gaya.

Meri post se koi issue hai to aap log mujhe seedha bhi bol sakte hain ki phool jatland pe tum post hi mat kiya karo, instead of jumping with insensible critical views in hurry and proving blindly my posts as stupid work.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Read an interesting article related with the topic,

link http://www.history.com/news/ask-hist...ented-the-zero
    Last edited by phoolkumar; December 12th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.

Well this article supports my point only, its this line: "Sumerian scribes used spaces to denote absences in number columns as early as 4,000 years ago", proves that my argument is not a stupidity. It still remains logical because ramayan/mahabharat are claimed to be more than 5000 years older. Question still stands like: तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) कैसे गिन लिए गए? tht too more than 5000 years ago, right?

Hence I haven't brought here something as tagged or termed by you both that my post is a stupidity act. So please don't rush in hurry to mark someone's views so ridiculously.

Kisi ki research mein kami rah sakti hai, parntu yah koi approach nahin hoti jo aap donon (Dr. Rajpal and Vijay) ne apnai aur ek meri post ko stupidity to doosra isko hataane ki hi baat kar gaya.

Meri post se koi issue hai to aap log mujhe seedha bhi bol sakte hain ki phool jatland pe tum post hi mat kiya karo, instead of jumping with insensible critical views in hurry and proving blindly my posts as stupid work.
    You have every right to share your research and I fully respect your right to share it with public. But research is required to be supported by evidences not conjectures aand your first two posts contain nothing to support what you say.

Moreover there is difference of timeline between happenings contained in the epics and the books we are reading as ramayana or Mb. Therefore you cannot deny the past happenings and their description in the way you are bent upon doing so. Aryabhatt's research in mathematics or his role in 'zero' use has nothing to do with the events and persons involved in the descriptions of events contained in the epics !

Both the epics and Aryabhatt's contribution to mathematics have their own existence and that does not mean we must demolish either of the two without some due logical argument or historical evidence !

Produce some irrefutable data to prove first the invention of zero and then advance your logic of the thread please ! Till the time this is done, let both the protagonists --epics and mathematician -- live in peace !!!!!
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; December 12th, 2015 at 07:19 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

vijay (December 12th, 2015)

You are an esteemed member of the site and always welcome to post relevant topics [especially history related topics supported by data/references].

Discussion occurs only when there are two or more points of views and participants are expected to show due respect to difference of opinion. But you seem to loose patience as and when someone cross checks your point of view. Instead of calling others posts as 'insensible critical views' kindly exercise tolerance to others' point of views and do self introspection before feeling agitated or angry with those who put comments on your posts.

In view of the fact that you do not enjoy critical remarks on your posts kindly permit me to add this post to your thread discussion as the last one from my side.

And I didn't step back even after regarded by you both, your first posts in this thread. If you might have come up with this approach you have come up now, useless time spending and emotions joggling could have been avoided. You should see the honesty of a man first, then his work. Anyway mitti daalo.

My question still remains valid: तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) कैसे गिन लिए गए? tht too more than 5000 years ago, where as Zero is known 4000 years since, right?

You have every right to share your research and I fully respect your right to share it with public. But research is required to be supported by evidences not conjectures aand your first two posts contain nothing to support what you say.

Moreover there is difference of timeline between happenings contained in the epics and the books we are reading as ramayana or Mb. Therefore you cannot deny the past happenings and their description in the way you are bent upon doing so. Aryabhatt's research in mathematics or his role in 'zero' use has nothing to do with the events and persons involved in the descriptions of events contained in the epics !

Both the epics and Aryabhatt's contribution to mathematics have their own existence and that does not mean we must demolish either of the two without some due logical argument or historical evidence !

Produce some irrefutable data to prove first the invention of zero and then advance your logic of the thread please ! Till the time this is done, let both the protagonists --epics and mathematician -- live in peace !!!!!

Oh sir, please, should we end up it here or you still need to uselessly enlengthening it? Bina patience ke hi itni lambi defending kar li kya is thread ki? Wo alag baat hai ki main defending affirm ho ke karta hoon, but it doesn't mean ki patience nahin hai.

You are an esteemed member of the site and always welcome to post relevant topics [especially history related topics supported by data/references].

Discussion occurs only when there are two or more points of views and participants are expected to show due respect to difference of opinion. But you seem to loose patience as and when someone cross checks your point of view. Instead of calling others posts as 'insensible critical views' kindly exercise tolerance to others' point of views and do self introspection before feeling agitated or angry with those who put comments on your posts.

In view of the fact that you do not enjoy critical remarks on your posts kindly permit me to add this post to your thread discussion as the last one from my side.

Oh sir, please, should we end up it here or you still need to uselessly enlengthening it? Bina patience ke hi itni lambi defending kar li kya is thread ki? Wo alag baat hai ki main defending affirm ho ke karta hoon, but it doesn't mean ki patience nahin hai.
    When you admit you have patience, then read this well researched article/pdf presentation :

http://webspace.ship.edu/msrenault/4...203%20Zero.pdf

This is my last point on invention of zero as I have nothing more to add to the discussion and let us end up this thread discussion at this till you present your latest research results.

Last request to you :

1. Please do not juxtapose epics with this mathematics research issue. Both have independent fields of study, timeline difference, value systems and identity.

2. Critically examine the various points of view on invention of zero at your end; then either digest the sour pill taking that what we have been sharing as filmy songs is contrary to historical facts or reject it with better data and show the results of your latest research to some of the world mathematicians forum.

3. If you do succeed in unearthing new ground on invention of zero, we will be the happiest persons and first to congratulate you !

Cheers !!
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; December 12th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.

Sir, I have already expressed gratitude to you for bringing up these references and second time your given source is strengthening my question only.

This presentation even takes it just as old as of 3rd BC yaani 2300 years, isse to aapka pahle wala reference hi strong tha wo 4000 years bata raha tha.

And fine that you have provided it, am I disagreeing to it? I think no, I am supporting your finding. but please try to understand my question: "ki agar "zero" 2300 ya 4000 saal pahle hi invent hui hai to तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) कैसे गिन लिए गए?

I think main urdu mein to nahin bol raha na shriman? I think ramayan aur mahabharat ko more than 5000 years old bola jata hai to fir jab zero hai hi 4000 ya 2300 saal pahle invent hua to us time counting kaise kar li gai thi?

And even aapki second reference to mera yah point bhi prove karti hai ki india mein zero wakai mein 5th century mein hi invent hua tha, jo ki maine bhi likha hai in very first post of thread. To ghoom fir ke baat aa to gai mere hi claim pe, ki india mein zero fifth century mein invent hua?

I hope mere swal aapko samjh mein aaya hoga?

When you admit you have patience, then read this well researched article/pdf presentation :

http://webspace.ship.edu/msrenault/4...203%20Zero.pdf

This is my last point on invention of zero as I have nothing more to add to the discussion.

Critically examine it at your end; then either digest the sour pill taking that what we have been sharing as filmy songs is contrary to historical facts or reject it with better data and show the results of your latest research to some of the world mathematicians forum. If you do succeed in last stated point, we will be the happiest persons and first to congratulate you !

Cheers !!
    Last edited by phoolkumar; December 12th, 2015 at 08:18 PM.

फ़ूल कुमार जी, लगता है आप समझने की की कोशिश नहीं कर रहे हैं ! चलो एक बार ओर कोशिश करके देखते हैं शायद आप कुछ समझ जायें !

आप ये कहना चाह्ते हैं कि अगर जीरो का अविष्कार नहीं हुआ था तो बिना 0 के दस या सौ या हजार की गिनती कैसे की होगी ?

चलो ये भी मान लेते हैं कि 0 का अविष्कार फ़ूल कुमार जी ने 11 दिसम्बर 2015 को किया है !

यहां तक ठीक है ?

अब मेरी बात ध्यान से सुनो :

दिन ओर रात नाम की खोज अंग्रेजों ने 16वीं शताब्दी में की थी ! क्या इसका मतलब ये निकाला जाये कि उस से पहले धरती पर दिन ओर रात नहीं होते थे ? जी नहीं उस से पहले भी दिन ओर रात होते थे लेकिन हो सकता है उसे किसी ओर नाम से पुकारा जाता होगा !

गैलिलियो ने 16वीं शताब्दी में सबसे पहले कहा था कि धरती सूर्य के गिर्द चक्कर लगाती है क्या इसका मतलब यह निकाला जाये कि धरती उस से पहले घूमती ही नहीं थी और गैलिलियो की खोज के बाद घूमने लगी है ?

आजकल हम दूरी किलोमीटर में नापते हैं ! मुझे नहीं पता की किलोमीटर का अविष्कार किसने किया ! लेकिन मुझे ये पता है कि किलोमीटर का अविष्कार होने से पहले भी लोग दुरी किसी ना किसी इकाई के रूप में नापते थे ! उदाहरण के लिये अभी भी हमारे गावों में दूरी कोस में बताने का चलन है ! हो सकता है उस से पहले कुछ ओर कहते होगें ! लेकिन हम ये नहीं कह सकते कि किलोमीटर का अविष्कार होने से पहले लोग दूर जाते नहीं थे या दुरी नापने का कोई तरीका नहीं होता था !

लीटर का अविष्कार होने से पहले भी लोग तेल, घी या किसी ओर द्र्व्य को नापते थे !

शून्य का अविष्कार किसी भी महानुभाव ने कभी भी किया हो कोई फ़रक नहीं पडता ! हर दौर मे इंसान ने व्यापार किया है ओर व्यापार बिना गिनती किये कर ही नहीं सकते ! पाषाण युग में भी लोग एक दुसरे से वस्तुओं का आदान प्रदान करते होगें तो कोई न कोई इकाई तो इस्तेमाल करते होंगें ! लेकिन ये नहीं कह सकते कि उनकी गिनती करनी नहीं आती होगी !

जैसे मिस्त्रवासी अलग अलग चित्रों के माध्यम से संख्याओं को दर्शाते है ठीक उसी तरह हर काल में लोगो का गिनती करने का अपना अपना तरीका था और अपनी अपनी इकाईयां होती थी !

अगर महाभारत का उदाहरण लेते हैं तो वहां शहस्त्र, कोटि, अश्टम, अक्षुणी इत्यादि शब्दॊं का प्रयोग हुआ है न कि 10, 100, 10000, 100000 का ! और ये संख्या गिनने का उनका अपना कोई भी तरीका हो सकता है लेकिन ये कतई नहीं कह सकते कि उनको गिनती करना नहीं आता होगा !

पशु भी नहीं जानते कि 0 क्या होता है लेकिन उन्हे भी अपने झुण्ड की गिनती पता होती है और किसी एक सदस्य के कम होते ही उन्हे उसका पता चल जाता है वो ये कैसे करते हैं हमें नही पता ये उनका अपना तरीका है !

मानव तो हमेशा से ही दिमाग वाला समझदार प्राणी रहा है ओर ये कहना बेवकूफ़ी ही होगी कि उसे 5000 साल पहले गिनती करनी नही आती होगी !

वर्तमान में हम जो संख्या लिखने का तरीका इस्तेमाल करते है वह आर्यभट का दिया हुआ है और इसे दशमलव प्रणाली कहते हैं ! संक्षेप में आर्यभट ने दश्मलव प्रणाली की खोज की थी न कि शून्य की !

इसीलिये, शून्य का तर्क देकर रामायण या महाभारत को सच या झूठ साबित करने की कोशिश करना बेवकूफ़ी है !

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (December 14th, 2015), ssgoyat (December 12th, 2015)

"घणी स्याणी दो पै पोया करै", पर मेरी पोस्ट के मामले में इतनी भी पोवण की जरूरत कोनी।

राजपाल जी के दिए दोनों रिफरेन्स से सहमत करोगे या उन्हें भी नकारोगे? उन दोनों रेफरेन्सेस में "भारत में शून्य की खोज पांचवीं" सदी में हुई, साफ़ लिखा है। और आर्यभट्ट भी पांचवीं सदी में ही हुए तो, यहां तक सहमत होते हो?

अब सवाल है कि पांचवीं सदी में भारत में शून्य की खोज आर्यभट्ट ने नहीं तो किसने की थी? जवाब दीजियेगा सीधे, अगर हो तो।

नहीं भी हो तो इस बात से तो सहमत होते हो कि भारत में शून्य की खोज पांचवीं ही सदी में हुई थी?

इसके बाद मैंने जो सवाल किया उसको सुधार के फिर से रखता हूँ:

अगर भारत में शून्य (0) का आविष्कार पाँचवीं सदी में हुआ था, तो फिर त्रेता युग में रावण के दस (10) सर कैसे गिन लिए गए, बिना जीरो (0) के? या द्वापर युग में महाभारत में 100 कौरव कैसे गिन लिए गए? और कुरुक्षेत्र में किसी की 7 अक्षुणी सेना तो किसी की 11 अक्षुणी सेना के जीरो (0) पांचवीं सदी से पहले कैसे गिन लिए गए?

अब आता हूँ तुम्हारी बात पर कि "अगर महाभारत का उदाहरण लेते हैं तो वहां शहस्त्र, कोटि, अश्टम, अक्षुणी इत्यादि शब्दॊं का प्रयोग हुआ है न कि 10, 100, 10000, 100000 का!"

खामखा पंद्रह पोस्ट खर्च कर गए, इतनी सी बात तक आने में।

तो महाशय मैं जो पूछ रहा हूँ उस बात का अगर आपको सही जवाब देने की नियत होती और अगर आपको भी पता होता तो आप यह कहते कि भाई उस वक्त "शहस्त्र, कोटि, अश्टम, अक्षुणी" आदि इस लिपि में और इस मेथड से लिखे जाते थे। और फलाने-फलाने आदमी ने फलाने तारीख में उस रामायण और महाभारत में लिखी गिनतियों की उस लिपि को हिंदी अथवा आज वाली भाषा में ट्रांसलेट किया। ठीक?

फिर सवाल कर रहा हूँ, क्या जानते हो वो कॉपी रामायण या महाभारत की जिनमें से इस "शहस्त्र, कोटि, अश्टम, अक्षुणी" की संख्या लिखने वाली लिपि को ट्रांसलेट किया गया? अब तो ठीक है?

अगर महाभारत का उदाहरण लेते हैं तो वहां शहस्त्र, कोटि, अश्टम, अक्षुणी इत्यादि शब्दॊं का प्रयोग हुआ है न कि 10, 100, 10000, 100000 का ! और ये संख्या गिनने का उनका अपना कोई भी तरीका हो सकता है लेकिन ये कतई नहीं कह सकते कि उनको गिनती करना नहीं आता होगा !
    Last edited by phoolkumar; December 12th, 2015 at 10:57 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to phoolkumar For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (December 13th, 2015)

Dear Friends,

I have never been a student of history; nor did I make any research on this issue. Just chanced upon this thread. I do not mean to poke my nose in a discussion of well educated people but thought it right to share an idea.

One possibility as to how people could count ten and its multiples in Dwapar and Treta periods could be that they knew how to count but were not using the numerals like an illiterate person of all ages does. All of us could, probably, allow of a substantial time gap between composition of these epics and their penning down in Devnagari, and the zero may also have been invented during anytime that intervened.

Thanks and regards

Ram Deswal
    Last edited by deswal; December 13th, 2015 at 01:50 AM.
    DOSHBHITE YATTANARAMBHE KAAPURUSHLAKSHNAM!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deswal For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 13th, 2015), vijay (December 13th, 2015)

Sir baat 10-1000-1000 tak ki ho to anpadh bhi count kar leve, parntu baat lakhs crores ki ho to anpadh count nahin kar pata.

moreover wo koi to lipi (script) method formula raha hoga, jiske base par iska pata lagaya gaya ki mahabharat me 7 akshuni sena etc. thi.

ya fir mere wali baat sach hai ki ramayan/mahabharat kalpnik hain aur 8th century mein likhi gai mythological creations only hian.

Quote Originally Posted by deswal View Post
    Dear Friends,

I have never been a student of history; nor did I make any research on this issue. Just chanced upon this thread. I do not mean to poke my nose in a discussion of well educated people but thought it right to share an idea.

One possibility as to how people could count ten and its multiples in Dwapar and Treta periods could be that they knew how to count but were not using the numerals like an illiterate person of all ages does. All of us could, probably, allow of a substantial time gap between composition of these epics and their penning down in Devnagari, and the zero may also have been invented during anytime that intervened.

Thanks and regards

Ram Deswal

Humans learned counting many-many years before Ram was born.

Invention of Zero as a symbol and a word and its use in mathematical calculations can be debated however to say that before that we couldn't count is not true.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

27. The Following User Says Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 14th, 2015)

Dear Phool kumar Ji:

Aap thoda thoda History ka tadka bhi lagate ho apne discussion main ...... kai saari cheese padhi ki aapki post main........aap apna point clear karenge history section main............Please free to start a new thread in History section..if you like....

We want to know about "yodheyas" from you? How jats and Yodheays related? jats are native tribe of India....baahmans are foreigner (Aryan)...jats are non-Aryan?..

But at-least educate us whether jat is a race or not? if yes...how?
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (December 14th, 2015)