Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    The bad one – The day I stopped.

Chapter 1

29 July 2015, I landed at Delhi airport at 4:30 AM without any sleep overnight. I Straight away drove to Rohtak, had breakfast, slept for couple of hours and then drove to my village. I came back in the evening past 6 only to find that one of my buddies (who is in airforce) is in town. So we decided to meet and have couple of drinks. It was a splendid evening in July with cool breeze blowing. I take out my wife’s scooty without helmet instead of my car just to enjoy the weather. We met at Taliyar Lake and the fun started. We kept on gulping beer bottles while discussing our school stories,friends, family, kids, politics everything. I don’t know how much beer we drank that night. The kept on drinking ignoring our wives call thinking we won’t be able to see each other for long time as he had to leave for Sri nagar next morning. So after a long and heavy drinking session we decided to leave. We said good bye and off we went.

Chapter 2

There I was riding on this scooty enjoying the cool breeze thinking why can’t every day be like this day. Suddenly it started raining and off goes the lights. It was so dark I feel like floating in a black hole. It was the first time in my life I was thoughtless, not feeling anything as this could be the last day of my life. I fainted. When I opened my eyes again I found myself on a bed in emergency ward of Rohtak PGIMS. With blood draining out of my left eye & nose, half of my upper lip hanging I realize that I just had a terrible accident. When I opened my eyes I saw my sister’s husband stitching me up. I fainted again. Next morning I woke up thinking what happened last night. In a flash I realize that after the rain started street lights went out so was i. I slept while riding and jumped over a breaker. Next thing I remember is that hospital bed. After getting eight stiches on the left eye, four on the upper lip and several road injuries on face, shoulder, hands and legs I give it a very long thought. What was I doing, it should not happened again, how can I do this, this thing has to stop, I can't risk my life this. And I came to the conclusion that this is the end of it, I will not do this anymore. So that was the day I stopped, I mean really stopped - riding motorbikes or scooty without helmet.
    Shouldn't drink less in future to avoid such mishaps. I mean to ride a scooty you shall be 'atleast' 2 bottle of Whiskey down. Won't let you touch my bullet if you are not 3 down.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Shouldn't drink less in future to avoid such mishaps. I mean to ride a scooty you shall be 'atleast' 2 bottle of Whiskey down. Won't let you touch my bullet if you are not 3 down.
    these quantities are in bottles or pegs to drive the scooty / bullet
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_balyan View Post
    these quantities are in bottles or pegs to drive the scooty / bullet
    Come on Sanju, 2-3 pegs are his sheer insult of his Odin like capabilities.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Well if that is the case, I don't think even Odin can ride your bullet. However, I could have given it a try couple of year back.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Old Monk, Fog, Nainital and Fall

31st December 2009, after a long and hefty week (Because US shuts down I last week of year and Indians has to do their **** work) I decided to relax with one of my buddy. So I called him and ask him to meet me at Signature tower, Gurgaon (there used to be a good open air AHATA at that time, it’s not there anymore). It was a cold and foggy night, a perfect night to drink ‘Old Monk’ in open. So we started sipping our drinks and after couple of drinks we decided to go on a long drive. “But where? Let’s go to Nainital”: said my friend. We called couple of more friends, had few more drinks and started our Road trip. Gurgaon to Ghaziabad was quiet, I was driving and couple of them were sleeping. Once we cross Ghaziabad fun started. Fog was so dense I couldn’t see the white strip on the road. Windscreen was getting hazy, blower wasn’t defogging. There was no vehicle in front which I can follow. We stopped and start waiting for any vehicle to pass by but no one came except couple of rikshawala and cycles. My non Jat friend said lets go back but his voice was in minority among 3 Jats. So we started again with all windows down and three heads hanging out of windows in the freezing cold night to point the directions. All that Suroor of Old Monk was gone and we all were concentrating on following that white strip on the road in the foggy night. Somehow we reached Moradabad, had tea at near railway station, got warm and started again. It was not that foggy after Moradabad but roads conditions were worse I had even seen. I took us 11 hours to reach Nainital.

We reached Nainital at 10 in the morning, hired a cheap hotel, slept for couple of hours and started for Tiffin Top. After one and half hours of back breaking ride on that ugly grey white pony I was in desperate need of a drink. After coming down from Tiffin Top I enquired locals about any bar nearby. He said there is a small bar at Snow view point and you can reach there by cable car. We got onto that cable car and went straight into that minibar which was right below the cable car station. After some drinks and food we went to see the snow view point. Some local crooks had installed telescope to earn money by telling tourist that they can see China from here. One of my friend paid 20-30 rs to see china boarder and when he could not anything other than white snowy mountains, he asked his money back. “The telescope guys wouldn’t give it back and why should he”: I said. But my friend won’t listen to me and started abusing that guy. All of a sudden some hawkers and shopkeepers gathered there to help this guy and brawl broke out. After minor scuffle we were separated by a policeman. By then it was dark and last cable car was gone. We have to come down off that hill on foot. There was a narrow path cut out by local to go up and down. We decided to take the short cut and went straight down the slope of hill. We were going very fast and forgot that we are on a hill, a small mistake can be very dangerous. And it happened, my foot hit a small rock and I wend tumbling down that hill. After about 30-40 meters of rolling down I hit a tree which stopped me from further rolling. My brain was still roaming. Bloody Hell, that was really painful. My whole body was bruised especially palm and feet. Somehow we went down and I decided I am not gonna stay here anymore. We drove back to Gurgaon same night very gravely. I thought that day nothing worse can happened to me but I was wrong. I got married three months later .
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; March 30th, 2016 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Forgot the heading

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 3rd, 2016), cooljat (April 21st, 2016), prashantacmet (May 4th, 2016)

I have a very bad taste of reading books. I don't get good books in my hands to enjoy. May be that's the reason why I hate reading now. But after reading this post I think I should go through "My experience with True".
    Be ready, opportunities don't knock at the doors!
    -> free online ads sites - http://buysellcart.in <-

This is what happens when you ban Alcohol!

Bihar booze ban: Dry with no high, 750 fall ill, 1 even eats soap for a buzz, one failed to recognize his family.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...paign=TOInewHP

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (April 11th, 2016), cooljat (April 21st, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by apsarasisodia View Post
    I have a very bad taste of reading books. I don't get good books in my hands to enjoy. May be that's the reason why I hate reading now. But after reading this post I think I should go through "My experience with True".
    I tried that book but could not go further after reading 40 pages. Sorry Gandhi!

Bihar booze ban: Dry with no high, 750 fall ill, 1 even eats soap for a buzz, one failed to recognize his family.

That's just starting !

We watched things in Haryana when Alcohol was banned. Everything used to be available except the official wine shops. Home delivery for rich people. Liquor Mafia making money in leaps and bounds. Poors getting ill due to cheaper version of spirit or fabricated wine.

Why don't Govt let the people decide for themselves whether to drink or not instead of forcing them to not drink.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (April 11th, 2016)

On a lighter note, I guess liquor ban enforced in Bihar after reading your experience with alcohol by someone from Bihar government administration.
    😀😝😝
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (April 16th, 2016), vijaypooniya (April 12th, 2016)

I tried that book but could not go further after reading 40 pages. Sorry Gandhi!
    Sorry to hear so. I'll skip that then. Have you heard about Conversations with God? It is a best book that I have come across recently. There are three volumes of this book which I think is worth mentioning. Any person who is suffering from life's day-to-day problems MUST read it.

Tau ne padha ke aunga tera blog
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Tau ne padha ke aunga tera blog
    Tere kaka ne sara bera hai

Muscat Chapter

I happened to visit Muscat in March 2012 to help resolve a claim with Oman govt. authorities. We were (are still) building the new Muscat Airport. We had a joint venture with a Turkish company and most of their employee working there were female. I had work with JV partner to take out every small detail and information to support our lawyers who were advocating our claim. So after working whole day with these blonde Turkish chicks (Oh! That was a good day) I went to a bar to ease out my excitement. It was hard to find a bar in Muscat but I somehow landed at Muscat Holiday bar. I sat down and ordered a beer. I looked around and got surprised by number of females in that bar (especially in country like Oman). The atmosphere of the bar was cool and cosy. There was a ramp and a stage at one side of the bar, I didn’t understand what that was for. While I was sipping my chilled beer I realised some activities on the stage. They were setting up chairs and installing lights and music system and after 5 min came out 3-4 gorgeous ladies. Oh! s**t this is a F***ing dance bar – I thought. So the girls started the belly dance on some Arabic music of which could not understand a word. Within few minutes the bar was fully packed with Arabs and expats and some more girls. I was all strange to me, I mean a day before I was stuck in a traffic jam for three hours in Gurgaon and now I am sitting at a bar in Middle East country enjoying beer and dance. After couple of more beers I thought it’s better to leave before alcohol takes control. I always thought of that Middle East as a hard core Islamic zone but after visiting Muscat and now Dubai my perception has changed. There is more to Middle East than just Islam, oil and war.
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; April 21st, 2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: The years were messed up

19. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

op1955 (August 6th, 2016)

Good to know other side of Arab countries. I have heard similar things from my friends who have visited Dubai.
    Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi.

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Good to know other side of Arab countries. I have heard similar things from my friends who have visited Dubai.
    Yeah, Dubai is a place where they pay you the money but extract double out of you. Too much pleasure and comfort.

Yeah, Dubai is a place where they pay you the money but extract double out of you. Too much pleasure and comfort.
    Exploitation can be anywhere my friend. It just depends, where you land. So enjoy wherever you find pleasure and comfort. LOL.
    Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi.

A person cannot be exploit if he is smart enough to duck all the company politics. He should have firm belief on himself as he join any place to work. He should firmly take his stand and shouldn't agree to anything which is against his principle. That's how he can make good amount of money anywhere without being exploit.

Pardon my communication skills but I wasn't talking about the exploitation but the amount of money you spend in Dubai is absurd.

14 Dollars for one glass of beer is ridiculous.

किसे बाबा नै बताई है कि पीनी जरूरी है? टाल मार दे
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep