Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Experiences with Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Pardon my communication skills but I wasn't talking about the exploitation but the amount of money you spend in Dubai is absurd.

14 Dollars for one glass of beer is ridiculous.
    But on the other hand, no tax on salary.
    Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi.

kheeenchhh dee meeter shambhu
    The bad one – The day I stopped.

Chapter 1

29 July 2015, I landed at Delhi airport at 4:30 AM without any sleep overnight. I Straight away drove to Rohtak, had breakfast, slept for couple of hours and then drove to my village. I came back in the evening past 6 only to find that one of my buddies (who is in airforce) is in town. So we decided to meet and have couple of drinks. It was a splendid evening in July with cool breeze blowing. I take out my wife’s scooty without helmet instead of my car just to enjoy the weather. We met at Taliyar Lake and the fun started. We kept on gulping beer bottles while discussing our school stories,friends, family, kids, politics everything. I don’t know how much beer we drank that night. The kept on drinking ignoring our wives call thinking we won’t be able to see each other for long time as he had to leave for Sri nagar next morning. So after a long and heavy drinking session we decided to leave. We said good bye and off we went.

Chapter 2

There I was riding on this scooty enjoying the cool breeze thinking why can’t every day be like this day. Suddenly it started raining and off goes the lights. It was so dark I feel like floating in a black hole. It was the first time in my life I was thoughtless, not feeling anything as this could be the last day of my life. I fainted. When I opened my eyes again I found myself on a bed in emergency ward of Rohtak PGIMS. With blood draining out of my left eye & nose, half of my upper lip hanging I realize that I just had a terrible accident. When I opened my eyes I saw my sister’s husband stitching me up. I fainted again. Next morning I woke up thinking what happened last night. In a flash I realize that after the rain started street lights went out so was i. I slept while riding and jumped over a breaker. Next thing I remember is that hospital bed. After getting eight stiches on the left eye, four on the upper lip and several road injuries on face, shoulder, hands and legs I give it a very long thought. What was I doing, it should not happened again, how can I do this, this thing has to stop, I can't risk my life this. And I came to the conclusion that this is the end of it, I will not do this anymore. So that was the day I stopped, I mean really stopped - riding motorbikes or scooty without helmet.

Think which become obvious in future

"किसे बाबा नै बताई है कि पीनी जरूरी है? टाल मार दे"

I ain't no quitter. See you at Gaurriya next time.

Enjoyed every line. Thanks for sharing and keep it up...

Vir

my dada used to say

yaa sasuri dou pahiya ke bhe koi sawari ho sey, kita ho pad ja. Tractor le jayea bhai

The Day (and Night) I got my first Job

It was late September of year 2005, With most of my friends already placed in various software companies, I was getting frustrated by the lack of Core Mechanical companies visiting the campus. I was too dumb to understand the stupid software languages like C,C++ etc., I hated them as much as I hate Manchester United. After being rejected by Maruti Suzuki Ltd.(Which I realized later was a best thing happened to me), it was getting harder for me. Then came one of the biggest EPC Company on earth, FLUOR. The night before was a big night as usual thanks to these Job parties. I woke up late and had to rush through to exam hall without having a bath and shave. The written test was easy so was the technical interview but the HR lady quickly realized that I am way out of classes with booze coming out of my bones, red eyes, unshaved without tie and wrinkled shirt. I thought this job is also gone but with all the hangover of last night I wasn’t afraid and cracked their questions with supreme confidence. After an hour the list came out and I was one of 4 selected out of some 100 students.

My happiness was quickly swept away when I saw my friends waiting for me outside the hall, ready with their Chappal, sharp edged leather shoes, cricket bat etc. It’s a tradition that whoever gets the job will be almost beaten to death. So they pick me up by holding my hands and legs wide and start thrashing me for next 15 min. It was the worst beating I ever took. I needed a beer to forget about the pain in my back. Along with all those chappal and shoes, my friends also brought some beers with them. Well it’s always nice to have a chilled beer in scorching sun with such cruel and lovely friends. I told my father about the job and asked for some money for a big night out. To my surprise he said – Spend as much as you want and can drink as long as you can walk on your own feet. That’s what I wanted to hear, and within 15 minutes 50-60 of my friends started to march towards Hotel Saffron in auto rickshaws. God knows how much alcohol we consumed that night. Consider 50-60 young guys with age about 20-21 in an open lawn with DJ and unlimited alcohol and no one to stop. It was crazy out there with bottles of beers, vodka, and whiskey rolling on the grass along with most of my friends. It was past midnight we reach at hostel. It took as 13 Auto to come back in comparison to earlier 6 because most of us were at sleep and auto driver could not accommodate more than 5. I went into my room and just fell on my bed with my face down. My back was so swollen and red that I could not sleep on my back for one week. That was one of the craziest day and wildest night of my final year.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

I hate the taste of alcohol. When I'm drinking, I'm drinking Red Bull.
    - Paris Hilton

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, whatever it is please share.
    Till now, I got once chance ever to taste a sip a drink. It was colorless, odorless and even tasteless. If I ever get the chance to taste same, I will strictly deny as that only sip was the last chance to sit and dine with my lovely brother with long life, who is retired from his services. Since then I am on long wait to meet him, not for drink but to feel the same comfort in his enclosed arms.