Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Experiences with Alcohol

Experiences with Alcohol

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
    - Winston Churchill

The above Quote is for all the fellas who like to drink and I mean really like to drink.

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol taken out of me.
    - Winston Churchill

This one is for all the buddies who really benefitted from alcohol and enjoyed it.

I hate the taste of alcohol. When I'm drinking, I'm drinking Red Bull.
    - Paris Hilton

This quote is for those who don't drink. (Sorry I could not find the Worst quote than this)

Those who drink, drink for different reasons: to celebrate, to mourn, because of thirst, because of addition and because it taste good. We drink when we are happy. We drink when we are sad. Hold on….no one is interested in why you drink.

This thread is all about your experiences with Alcohol. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, whatever it is please share.
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; January 17th, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

2. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016)

This was the Good One

I can’t remember the exact date but it was April’ 2003, fresher’s party. This was the first time I really drink alcohol (I tasted it before, my father used to give me brandy or rum whenever I caught cold in younger age). So after the long and hard eight months of mental, physical and torturous ragging, we ended up in a hotel in kurukshetra to finally loose our freshers tag and not to be ragged again. The stage was set, we have to perform some final acts of ragging to be chosen as Mr. Fresher. I used to be the shy one and never involved with girls, got the final task of proposing the most beautiful senior girl. Being nervous I grabbed the bottle of kingfisher beer and drunk it as quickly as I could. I was high in couple of minutes. I was last in the queue. Other guys were bending, twisting and turning trying to impress this senior girl. And then something happened inside my belly. I was next. I approached her and straight away said in Theth Haryanvi: “Madam ji, mere gel byah kare gi k” and She said : “ Itni bhi kya jaldi hai” and me holding my belly shouted :”Jaldi te s e , tauli si maan ja maroda uth rya s na te byah ki jalebi aade e utar jaagi”. The hall was in laughter and I was flying to the washroom only to come back after five minutes and was elected Mr. Fresher.

After that I drink half a beer more and enjoyed dancing, laughing, joking and sledging & swearing my seniors which they took in very friendly way. It was a great night and guess what no hangover in the morning.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

AryanPoonia (April 7th, 2016), gsolanki9063 (January 18th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016)

Once Mahatama Gandhi had written a book "My experiment with Truth" and now after a decade we are reading "My Experience with Alcohol" who says history don't repeat itself.
    👏
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 3rd, 2016), bharti (January 28th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016)

That book was highly controversial ......this thread should also be .

Amen !

Ohhhoooo...Cheers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

The bad one – The day I stopped.

Chapter 1

29 July 2015, I landed at Delhi airport at 4:30 AM without any sleep overnight. I Straight away drove to Rohtak, had breakfast, slept for couple of hours and then drove to my village. I came back in the evening past 6 only to find that one of my buddies (who is in airforce) is in town. So we decided to meet and have couple of drinks. It was a splendid evening in July with cool breeze blowing. I take out my wife’s scooty without helmet instead of my car just to enjoy the weather. We met at Taliyar Lake and the fun started. We kept on gulping beer bottles while discussing our school stories,friends, family, kids, politics everything. I don’t know how much beer we drank that night. The kept on drinking ignoring our wives call thinking we won’t be able to see each other for long time as he had to leave for Sri nagar next morning. So after a long and heavy drinking session we decided to leave. We said good bye and off we went.

Chapter 2

There I was riding on this scooty enjoying the cool breeze thinking why can’t every day be like this day. Suddenly it started raining and off goes the lights. It was so dark I feel like floating in a black hole. It was the first time in my life I was thoughtless, not feeling anything as this could be the last day of my life. I fainted. When I opened my eyes again I found myself on a bed in emergency ward of Rohtak PGIMS. With blood draining out of my left eye & nose, half of my upper lip hanging I realize that I just had a terrible accident. When I opened my eyes I saw my sister’s husband stitching me up. I fainted again. Next morning I woke up thinking what happened last night. In a flash I realize that after the rain started street lights went out so was i. I slept while riding and jumped over a breaker. Next thing I remember is that hospital bed. After getting eight stiches on the left eye, four on the upper lip and several road injuries on face, shoulder, hands and legs I give it a very long thought. What was I doing, it should not happened again, how can I do this, this thing has to stop, I can't risk my life this. And I came to the conclusion that this is the end of it, I will not do this anymore. So that was the day I stopped, I mean really stopped - riding motorbikes or scooty without helmet.
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; January 18th, 2016 at 05:18 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

gsolanki9063 (January 18th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    The bad one – The day I stopped.

Chapter 1

29 July 2015, I landed at Delhi airport at 4:30 AM without any sleep overnight. I Straight away drove to Rohtak, had breakfast, slept for couple of hours and then drove to my village. I came back in the evening past 6 only to find that one of my buddies (who is in airforce) is in town. So we decided to meet and have couple of drinks. It was a splendid evening in July with cool breeze blowing. I take out my wife’s scooty without helmet instead of my car just to enjoy the weather. We met at Taliyar Lake and the fun started. We kept on gulping beer bottles while discussing our school stories,friends, family, kids, politics everything. I don’t know how much beer we drank that night. The kept on drinking ignoring our wives call thinking we won’t be able to see each other for long time as he had to leave for Sri nagar next morning. So after a long and heavy drinking session we decided to leave. We said good bye and off we went.

Chapter 2

There I was riding on this scooty enjoying the cool breeze thinking why can’t every day be like this day. Suddenly it started raining and off goes the lights. It was so dark I feel like floating in a black hole. It was the first time in my life I was thoughtless, not feeling anything as this could be the last day of my life. I fainted. When I opened my eyes again I found myself on a bed in emergency ward of Rohtak PGIMS. With blood draining out of my left eye & nose, half of my upper lip hanging I realize that I just had a terrible accident. When I opened my eyes I saw my sister’s husband stitching me up. I fainted again. Next morning I woke up thinking what happened last night. In a flash I realize that after the rain started street lights went out so was i. I slept while riding and jumped over a breaker. Next thing I remember is that hospital bed. After getting eight stiches on the left eye, four on the upper lip and several road injuries on face, shoulder, hands and legs I give it a very long thought. What was I doing, it should not happened again, how can I do this, this thing has to stop, I can't risk my life this. And I came to the conclusion that this is the end of it, I will not do this anymore. So that was the day I stopped, I mean really stopped - riding motorbikes or scooty without helmet.
    that means with alcohol and without helmet is deadly combination.
    with alcohol and with helmet combo is workable
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_balyan View Post
    Yeah I was almost dead with first combination. That's why I avoid riding bikes now.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (January 20th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), ssgoyat (January 18th, 2016)

Yeah I was almost dead with first combination. That's why I avoid riding bikes now.

and still you think that bike was the culprit for that accident, not the alcohol
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanjeev_balyan For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), vijaypooniya (January 30th, 2016)

and still you think that bike was the culprit for that accident, not the alcohol
    Offcourse.

Havn't you heard - Alcohol kills slowly.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

gsolanki9063 (January 19th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), vijaypooniya (January 30th, 2016)

Tips for ladies who cook..and i am sure the guys won't complain.....

1) .....While seasoning, if you put few drops of whisky, the oil doesn't burn..

2) .....While kneading dough, put a few drops of beer and the chapatis will be golden brown..

3 .....If you add a few drops of vodka in paneer, it will not spoil in summer time..

4) .....Putting red wine in dal will enhance the taste..

If you can't manage the above,

5) .....Pour 4 pegs in your husband's mouth,
    then it doesn't matter how your food tastes..
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (April 3rd, 2016), AryanPoonia (April 7th, 2016), bharti (January 28th, 2016), gsolanki9063 (August 12th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), vijaypooniya (January 30th, 2016)

You are right Jit .......Even Ghiya Tauri Tinde goes well with alcohol.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

Even with helmet, its not good. Someone with alcohol influence could put others lives in dangers including self. So don't mix alcohol with driving.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    Even with helmet, its not good. Someone with alcohol influence could put others lives in dangers including self. So don't mix alcohol with driving.
    You are absolutely right. That's why I never even think of applying for driving license in Dubai but I do have an alcohol license.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

The Ugly

April 2006, REC kurukshetra. It was the one of my friend's party got recruited by a govt. firm. After a heavy drinking session at Parakeet bar at Pipli we returned to hostel. Feeling hungry we decided to go to Khokha (a food corner at the back of our hostels which remains open till 2-3AM). As we were having Prathas a group sitting near us start abusing my friend by calling him Takla. He has to cut his hair off because of some kind of skin problem. He tolerated for a while but suddenly he stands up and threw the chair he was sitting on to their table. There was moment of silence for a moment and a big fight started next second. We were 4 against 6. We matched their punches for couple of minutes but outnumbered. We got a good beating until three of our friends saw us and jumped in the brawl. Now it was our time smash them and boy we really shattered them until the police came. Police did not stop us, they were just watching and enjoying a good fight. After some time, college guard along with hostel warden arrived and calm us down. Realizing that we had too much, we went to the hostel. Next morning we got to know that the boys we fought against are a gang in Kurukshetra University and three of them are admitted in LNJP hospital. They were fielding for us now, gathering information from other students about us. Only one month to finish the college, we had to go underground. We stopped going to canteens, khokha, stadium and classes. We even had to change the route of our final day travel to home. This was last time I had a hands on fight.
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; March 29th, 2016 at 06:43 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), SandeepSirohi (January 29th, 2016), ssgoyat (January 27th, 2016)

Akshay, very interesting topic

One of my favorite songs sung by Kishore Kumar from the movie Namak Haram and highlighted lines my fav

Nadiya se dariya, dariya se saagar,
    Sagar se gahera jaam - (2)
    Ho ho ho jaam me dub gayee yaaro mere
    jivan kee har shaam
    Nadiya se dariya.......

Jo naa piye woh kya jaane,
    pite hain kyun ham divaane yaar aa ha
    Jabse hamne pina sikha,
    jina sikha marna sikha yaar aa ha
    Ho ham jab yu nashe me dagmagaane lag gaye
    Ho ho ho dil kee bechaini ko aaya thoda sa aaraam

Nadiya se dariya.......

Meraa kya mai gum kaa maara,
    nashe me aalam hai saara yaar aa ha
    Kisee ko daulat kaa nasha,
    kahee muhobat kaa nasha yaar aa ha
    Ho kah kar ai sharaabee sab pukaare abb mujhe
    Ho ho ho aur koyee tha, yeh toh nahee tha
    pahele meraa naam
    Nadiya se dariya.......

Cheers
    Last edited by bharti; January 28th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    ज़िन्दगी तो अपने ही दम पर जी जाती है... औरों के कन्धों पर तो जनाज़े ही उठा करते हैं - शहीद भगत सिंह

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bharti For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (January 29th, 2016), gsolanki9063 (August 12th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), SandeepSirohi (January 29th, 2016)

My favourite is from Amar Prem song Chingari koi Bhadke

ना जाने क्या हो जाता, जाने हम क्या कर जाते
    पीते हैं तो ज़िंदा हैं, ना पिते तो मर जाते
    दुनिया जो प्यासा रखे, तो मदिरा प्यास बुझाये
    मदिरा जो प्यास लगाये, उसे कौन बुझाये

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (January 29th, 2016), gsolanki9063 (August 12th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), SandeepSirohi (January 29th, 2016)

सारी गा दे कदे किमे कुछ रह ज्या
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), navdeepkhatkar (February 4th, 2016), SandeepSirohi (January 29th, 2016)

My favourite is from Amar Prem song Chingari koi Bhadke

ना जाने क्या हो जाता, जाने हम क्या कर जाते
    पीते हैं तो ज़िंदा हैं, ना पिते तो मर जाते
    दुनिया जो प्यासा रखे, तो मदिरा प्यास बुझाये
    मदिरा जो प्यास लगाये, उसे कौन बुझाये

मेरा फेवरेट :

मयखाने से शराब से साकी से जाम से,
    अपनी तो जिन्दगी शुरू होती है शाम से .....

आ मेरा हाथ थाम बहुत हो गया नशा,
    यारो ने मय पिला दी बहुत तेरे नाम से ......

रखते है पाक दिल को नियत को निगाह को,
    पीते है हम शराब बहुत एहतराम से .......

मयकश की हर ख़ुशी तो होती है शराब से ,
    मिलती है जिन्दगी उसे हर एक जाम से .........

चीअर्स

महाबला महावीर्या महासत्यपराक्रमा: |
    सर्वांगे क्षत्रिया जट्टा देवकल्पा दृढ़व्रताः ||

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SandeepSirohi For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (January 29th, 2016), gsolanki9063 (August 12th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016)

लगता है सारे नशीले पंकज उधास यही इकट्ठे होने वाले है👌🍺🍺🍻🍻

शराब चीज़ ही ऐसी है ना छोड़ी जाये
    ये मेरे यार के जैसी है ना छोड़ी जाये

हर एक शय को जहां में बदलते देखा है
    मगर ये वैसे की वैसी है ना छोड़ी जाये

इसी के दम से पिघलती है ये बोझल रातें
    मगर ये पानी के जैसी है ना छोड़ी जाये

यही तो टूटे दिलों का इलाज़ है अंजुम
    मैं क्या कहूँ तुझे कैसी है ना छोड़ी जाये

लगता है अब इसकी ज़रुरत है😁😯😘👇
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	18201
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

cooljat (January 29th, 2016), hrdhaka (February 2nd, 2016), ssgoyat (January 31st, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    सारी गा दे कदे किमे कुछ रह ज्या
    haha......chinta na kare

40. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post: