Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tension in Institutions of Higher Education

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    They are flaring up the issue. 150 students were detained at Lakhanpur yesterday who arrived from Delhi to fly the National flag in Srinagar. The students are linked with Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. Anupam Kher also detained at airport.
    They are messing up everywhere. And this strategy won't work for long. People want employment, jobs, but this BJP is hell bent of exploiting communal fabric of the country rather than focusing on providing employment. All false promises during election and now we are seeing the results. We have seen their communal politics everywhere through out the country. Elections results will speak the truth.
    Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

Who are
    they ? Is flying National Flag crime, illegal or Anti National Act ?

A little background of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena would indicate 'They' are BJP. Its leader Bagga is ex BJP I guess. I never said flying National flag is a crime or illegal but doing it at a time and a place which is volatile can results in more instability in the region.
    OK. Let us assume that you want to say about the student from other areas arriving from outside to ignite the already hot situation in Srinagar. Those incoming students might have coming by their own will or might be called upon by the Srinagar students for their help in the critical situation. So, is it your point that they should not visit Srinagar ?
    If CRPF can't help them then I wonder 150 students can. And what do you think these students wont be knowing that they would be stopped before they enter Srinagar. This just political stunt.

Let us review another recent example. During Jat agitation in Haryana, Jat population was outnumbered by other communities mainly in the cities. And then, Jats from the surrounding villages and other areas came to support them. Jats also asked for help from the Jats from other states like Delhi, UP and Rajasthan. Now, i would like to ask if they were flaring up the issue ?
    Jat agitation was held in jat dominated area, these students travelled thousand kilometers. If they were to help NIT students why didn't they protest outside Smriti Irani house to shift them to other NITs. Their purpose was not to help NIT students but fly flag in Srinagar(if that was the real purpose). They should have fly the flag near Jama masjid area in delhi and Bhindi bazar in Mumbai.
    I don't see anything wrong in both the cases. If an agitation demanding reservation is not a crime, illegal or Anti National Act then how come flying a national flag is wrong ?

However, i see one more similarity in these incidents. In Haryana, Jats were demanding reservation and some other communities tried to stop them by the acts of violence. In Srinagar, some students want to fly the National Flag while other students are trying to stop them by means of violence.

The only similarity I see here is that BJP is in power in both states and they have no control over local authorities. In both cases Army has to intervened. Its a failure on BJP part.
    Demanding reservation might be a topic open for discussion that whether it is justified or not but no law or theory can deny the constitutional right of flying National Flag.

Who is flaring up the issue ?
    Rohit Veluma and JNU issue was flared by Congress, AAP and left because that was their style of politics and this is BJP cup of tea.
    Last edited by vijay; April 10th, 2016 at 02:58 PM.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

JNU incident was flared up by BJP but it turned out counter productive. Kanahiya became hero from nowhere and BJP couldn't digest it. Lol!

A little background of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena would indicate 'They' are BJP. Its leader Bagga is ex BJP I guess. I never said flying National flag is a crime or illegal but doing it at a time and a place which is volatile can results in more instability in the region.
    An Ex-BJP doesn't mean that he is BJP or its ally. Shiv Sena is best example as Shiv Sena and BJP seems to have identical point of views on everything but still they criticize each other on so many issues. There are thousands of such organizations who want to get name and fame to involve themselves in such activities. I may agree at some extent that this whatever Sena might have indirectly linked to BJP but still we must not conclude that its surely a BJP act untill a direct link surfaces out.

If CRPF can't help them then I wonder 150 students can. And what do you think these students wont be knowing that they would be stopped before they enter Srinagar. This just political stunt. Jat agitation was held in jat dominated area, these students travelled thousand kilometers. If they were to help NIT students why didn't they protest outside Smriti Irani house to shift them to other NITs.

This might be the gatherings of relatives and friends of the NIT students mostly and some name and fame seeking organization may join them to get some political mileage.We see such thing happens almost everywhere. So, its still not a valid point to
    accuse BJP for this.
    Jat protester wee also stopped outside the city boundariesbut still they gathered.
    Their purpose was not to help NIT students but fly flag in Srinagar(if that was the real purpose).
    This may the main matter of concern and point of varification. What if they are relatives and friends of the students. Flying National Flag is not a crime so i still don't see anything wrong in it. On the contrary, the students who are opposing this act should be criticized and nobody is doing that.

They should have fly the flag near Jama masjid area in delhi and Bhindi bazar in Mumbai.
    That's a bad statement for such a healthy discussion. There are many areas where people even don't like to think about insulting National Flag. So, lets avoid it.
    The only similarity I see here is that BJP is in power in both states and they have no control over local authorities. In both cases Army has to intervened. Its a failure on BJP part.
    I do agree on this part. 100% failure in case of Haryana but 50% in case of J&K as there is a coalition government.
    Rohit Veluma and JNU issue was flared by Congress, AAP and left because that was their style of politics and this is BJP cup of tea.
    That's an bold and honest statement which i appreciate apart from tha last part of it. By last part i mean that this XYZ Sena is just claiming to reach there and maybe just trying to get its share of fame in such issues. Secondly, as i stated there might be gathering of worried friends and relatives of the NIT students and some political minded students could have trying to take benefit of the situation.

This may looks like a BJP cup of tea because there is no Muslim ( oooppps secular ) student got hurt yet otherwise all the secular gang would have been reached there including media. So, for the time being we may conclude that either some worried friends and relatives are gathered there or some mischievous elements are trying to get some fame.
    Last edited by vijay; April 10th, 2016 at 04:35 PM.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

This was not a gathering of families and friends. Their main and only agenda or demand was to fly National flag in NIT Srinagar which was already done by CRPF and NIT students.

District administration officials, including the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police (SSP), reached the spot and asked the marchers not to proceed further.
    "Without using any force, the officials of the district administration succeeded in persuading the marchers to call off the march," the officials said.
    "The marchers insisted they wanted to move to the Valley to hoist the national flag inside the NIT in Srinagar."
    "After negotiations, the marchers agreed to hand over the national flag to the district administration officials who promised the flag would be hoisted inside NIT Srinagar on behalf of the marchers," they said.
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jam...nt/220431.html

Have a look at this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TajinderPalSinghBaggaNew

They ( Both Govt. and These 150 youth)are not concerned about the evacuation of non local students. Read this:

“The NIT administration is the main culprit for our sufferings. Police action was ordered by the administration and without the director’s permission the police cannot enter the campus. Now they are trying to divide the students by sending some of them home,” a non-Kashmiri student informed The Tribune on phone.“Their double standards can be seen in the consent form and the notice issued on Wednesday. In the notice they assured to facilitate our safe transit and now asking us to sign a consent form that we have to go at our own risk,” he added.
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jam...ty/220124.html

As per my limited knowledge I think NITs are deemed universities and reports directly to HRD ministry.

This was not a gathering of families and friends. Their main and only agenda or demand was to fly National flag in NIT Srinagar which was already done by CRPF and NIT students.

District administration officials, including the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police (SSP), reached the spot and asked the marchers not to proceed further.
    "Without using any force, the officials of the district administration succeeded in persuading the marchers to call off the march," the officials said.
    "The marchers insisted they wanted to move to the Valley to hoist the national flag inside the NIT in Srinagar."
    "After negotiations, the marchers agreed to hand over the national flag to the district administration officials who promised the flag would be hoisted inside NIT Srinagar on behalf of the marchers," they said.
    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jam...nt/220431.html

Have a look at this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TajinderPalSinghBaggaNew

Yes, i checked the profile and he was campaigning for a March to Srinagar. And he is doing this since they got the News when local students opposed the students from flying National Flag and beat them mercilessly. Later, police joined the local students in he violent act.

Now, we have two choose was it good or bad what happened in NIT Srinagar. I hope all of us agree that it was not good by any means. Further, people who think it was bad could be divided in two categories. First, people like us who just say "it was bad" and we think we have done our part in this incident. Second, there are other people who think that they must do something to help those students. He seems to be of second kind. Is that a bad thinking or anti national or illegal thinking or criminal activity even if he might be having some political aspirations.

Keep this thing in mind that when he started this campaign there was no CRPF or Army in the scene.

Later, CRPF accomplished the needful. Bagga completed his campaign with a peaceful march and in your own statement they handed over the National Flag to the administration and came back peacefully.

Is it flaring up the issue ? If they were there to flare up the issue they could have created some trouble to get more and more attention of the media and people which they didn't.

Regarding his organization, i don't see any BJP connection apart from the fact that he admires Narendra Modi and that doesn't connect anyone to any political party. He is the Prime Minister of India and anybody can like or dislike him for their own reasons that reasons may or may not be political.

As per my limited knowledge I think NITs are deemed universities and reports directly to HRD ministry.

I do not know either but the way HRD Ministry handling the issue, your knowledge seems correct.

Anupam Kher who addressed a meet at JNU earlier, today wanted to visit NIT with a National Flag but was sent back to Delhi by authorities from Srinagar Airport. Now he is airing his views on a news channel saying that he wanted to pacify the anger of students but not permitted.

In Delhi he addressed media and students with full protection provided by the university authorities and civil administration.

But police authorities in JK stated that they feared disturbance of law and order condition if he entered the NIT which has status of deemed University.

This shows difference of objective conditions at JNU and NIT campuses as per assessment by administration.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Welcome to communal politics. This is just a start. You will see similar incidents throughout country. Thats how you screw up things. Further divide in the country is waiting, thanks to Chaddis.

Flaring up such incidences help BJP to polarize vote bank. I am not saying that other parties are holy cow but such type of politics has to go. We are a third world country where people lack basic facilities they deserve. Similar passion is required for solving these third world problems. Otherwise such things will go on and on with no results except destruction.

After Anupam Kher another attempt made by Tejinderpal Singh Bagga led 150 odd number of 'students' not allowed to enter NIT Srinagar.

Read the report : http://go4g.airtel.in/nd/?pid=136233...e--HP-SPT-News

Led by Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga of Bhagat Singh Kranti Dal the youth returned to New Delhi from Lakhanpur after police did not allow them to proceed towards the state.

"Around 150 youth from Delhi, Punjab and Harayana who were on their way to Srinagar to join the NIT protest were not allowed to enter Jammu and Kashmir and were detained at Lakhanpur late last night from where they were sent back," a senior police officer said.
    "Fearing the law and order problem, around 150 youth who tried to enter Jammu and Kashmir on a bus and a Tata Sumo were not allowed to enter the state and were sent back," the officer said.

Let us hope that the matter is amicably n peacefully settled soon so that the students could resume their routine attendance of classes n prepare for ensuing examination.
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; April 11th, 2016 at 08:18 AM.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

Lets see the incident from a fresh perspective.

Lets start from Cricket - Cheering a team that play opposite to India is a routine affair in Kashmir (be it Pakistan or other country) and it has been happening since few decades now. So what happened this time?

On 19th March India beat Pakistan, non local students fire crackers, shouted slogans like Bharat Mata ki Jai, Vande Matram etc. Fair enough, they have every right to do so. Next match West indies beat India, Kashmiris celebrated with dancing and bursting firecrackers. Next day on Friday many Kashmiri student went out of campus for prayers and when they returned 300-400 non local students has gathered with rods and lathis. They beat up some Kashmiris and a courier man who refused to chant 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'. Non local students threatened to go out of campus and march on Srinagar streets. Police was called upon to control the situation. They enter the campus and beat up many non local students. The police says that it went in to stop protesting students from marching out, it was saving them from further harm. That's contradictory, why did the police not stop the students at the gate? Why did they enter the campus and beat up students? May be its the history of Kashmir police, they have seen so much violence in past and lathicharge, tear gas etc. are common in valley. But this can not absolve them for what they did.The police could have avoided the alleged brutality against the students, but to follow it up by handing over the campus to CRPF. Who was directing the Police? State Govt. I guess (BJP+PDP).

On the same morning, some local students went to see NIT director to ask for protection from locals. He denied them security instead police enter the campus and beat them up. This ring bells?

Normally engineering students stay away from these kind of controversies but the fevered atmosphere created by these shrewd politician in the country, this incident is no surprise to me.The aggressive and emotional demand of politician that you need to chant "Bharat Mata ki Jai" to get the certificate of Nationalist is absurd.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (April 11th, 2016), DrRajpalSingh (April 12th, 2016)

Lets see the incident from a fresh perspective.
    Fine, Lets evaluate this with a common Indian Man's point of views who don't have any political ageda.

Lets start from Cricket - Cheering a team that play opposite to India is a routine affair in Kashmir (be it Pakistan or other country) and it has been happening since few decades now. So what happened this time?

Apart from this there are some other routine affairs like burning Indian Flag, chanting Pakistan Zindabad slogans, Azad Kashmir and so on. Are you fine with such routine affairs ?

What happened this time ? Some students got the courage to oppose this unfair routine hoping that their voice would be heard as there is not a totally Muslim favored government in State or Center.

On 19th March India beat Pakistan, non local students fire crackers, shouted slogans like Bharat Mata ki Jai, Vande Matram etc. Fair enough, they have every right to do so. Next match West indies beat India, Kashmiris celebrated with dancing and bursting firecrackers.
    No issues.

Next day on Friday many Kashmiri student went out of campus for prayers and when they returned 300-400 non local students has gathered with rods and lathis. They beat up some Kashmiris and a courier man who refused to chant 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'.
    You need to check out the reality about what happened on Friday. You could easily figure out by cross checking the news as published in papers. Apart from couple of Newspapers no one reported about Kashmiri students being beaten by the non Kashmiri students or people. The credibility of these couple of Newspapers is always in doubt in such issues like few News Channels.

But, a fight was reported by all the newspapers when Non Kashmiri students chanted "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" and they tried to fly National Flag on Administrative Block. As Non- Kashmiri students were outnumbered by the Kashmiri so they got more injuries.

Non local students threatened to go out of campus and march on Srinagar streets. Police was called upon to control the situation. They enter the campus and beat up many non local students. The police says that it went in to stop protesting students from marching out, it was saving them from further harm. That's contradictory, why did the police not stop the students at the gate? Why did they enter the campus and beat up students? May be its the history of Kashmir police, they have seen so much violence in past and lathicharge, tear gas etc. are common in valley. But this can not absolve them for what they did.The police could have avoided the alleged brutality against the students, but to follow it up by handing over the campus to CRPF.
    In the morning, Non Kashmiri students met the Administration for their protection from the Locals which was refused by the Administration.

Feeling helpless and outnumbered in the campus, Non Kashmiri students tried to go out of the campus for whatever reasons. Administration called upon the police and what happened next everybody knows. Only Non Kashmiri were targeted by the police brutally.

Who was directing the Police? State Govt. I guess (BJP+PDP).

Though there is PDP-BJP alliance but still everybody knows how partial Administration and Local Police is towards Non Kashmiri citizens. When the incident become viral at social media suddenly state and central govt. ( HRD Ministry especially ) awaken up and handled the situation.

On the same morning, some local students went to see NIT director to ask for protection from locals. He denied them security instead police enter the campus and beat them up. This ring bells?
    This bell used to ring always but someone heard it first time.

Normally engineering students stay away from these kind of controversies but the fevered atmosphere created by these shrewd politician in the country, this incident is no surprise to me.The aggressive and emotional demand of politician that you need to chant "Bharat Mata ki Jai" to get the certificate of Nationalist is absurd.
    I like the way you honestly and impartially trying to discuss the matter. So, i can request you to check again ( cross check too ) what was actually said about chanting "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" slogan. The person never said that you must chant this slogan to prove your Nationalism. He never that it is a MUST for every Indian.

Morever, as a Indian i find nothing wrong in it as its much better statement than some political parties supporting the people who are shouting "Bharat Ki Barbadi Tak ... Jung Rahegi" and "Ek Afzal Maroge ... Har Ghar se Afzal Nikalega".

I find it absurd who don't criticize these people but find chanting "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" as a absurd slogan.

Its upto the people to decide what is more absurd : Suggesting people to chant "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" or Supporting the people who are shouting "Bharat Ki Barabadi Tak .. Jung Rahegi" and "Ek Afzal Maroge .... Har Ghar se Afzal Niklega"

Last edited by vijay; April 11th, 2016 at 03:27 PM.

I don't believe Non Kashmiri students were outnumbered, they are 75% in population in NIT Srinagar.

Arr bhai Bharat Mata ki to Jai Thi or Jai Rahvegi, kise k bolan te or na bolan te kuch farak na padta.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (April 11th, 2016)

Are bhai, mata ki jai bol do, it will solve all your problems in your life. Trust these bhagva people, they know everything. Just Chant, Bharat Mata ki Jai. We can get rid of poverty, unemployment, and other problems by just pronouncing these words loudly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 12th, 2016)

I don't believe Non Kashmiri students were outnumbered, they are 75% in population in NIT Srinagar.
    NIT's official quota is 50% for locals and 50% for Non Kashmiri's. Locals students had much more support from local citizens and a biased Administration. As we all know most of the outer state students keeps mum during any fights in the Campus so they were easily outnumbered.

Anyways, I hope things would get normal in coming time.

Arr bhai Bharat Mata ki to Jai Thi or Jai Rahvegi, kise k bolan te or na bolan te kuch farak na padta.
    In agreement, totally.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I know its 50-50. I have spent 4 unforgettable years in NIT Kurukshetra, But local quota of 50% NIT Srinagar is not only for kashmiris but Jammu region students also. I guess Jammu is more literate than Kashmir, that would make more %age of Non Kashmiris.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to akshaymalik84 For This Useful Post:

There is negative turn of events as students from outside Jk in NIT have gone back to their homes instead of appearing in the NIT examination being held there. They are most likely loose one precious chance of appearing in their term papers which would be a big lose especially final year students for their future career.

In the mean time, Union Home Minister has asked JK CM to protect the outside students in the NIT, Srinagar. This means University administration and civilian authorities have failed to provide normal atmosphere on the campus for conducive conduct of annual examinations and outside students there have genuine grievances against the concerned authorities.

welcome back. Missed your timely and precise updates during jat agitation.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    In the mean time, Union Home Minister has asked JK CM to protect the outside students in the NIT, Srinagar. This means University administration and civilian authorities have failed to provide normal atmosphere on the campus for conducive conduct of annual examinations and outside students there have genuine grievances against the concerned authorities.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 13th, 2016)