Thread: Need help to identify Ragini (Kissa)

Unhappy Need help to identify Ragini (Kissa)

hello everyone, from many days I've been trying to recall the memory of that particular ragini my dad use to play on our cassette player about 20 years ago. But I can't remember anything. I only remember music which keeps on playing in my head. I asked dad but he couldn't recall what exactly he played from his collection of about 100 ragnis and kissey...

I need you guys to help figure it out for me... following is what I remember of that (kissa / ragini)
    1. it was sung by Karmpal Sharma
    2. one of the ragini title was "Poot paraya chota darja" (पूत पराया छोटा दर्जा सारी उमर रहेगा हरजा सोचन लाग्या डूब कै मरजा)
    3. The story was about a step brother who got a job abroad and when he was leaving the house his sister in law (भाभी) asked him to get her a jooda (जूडा) made of genuine pearls (सच्चे मोतियों का जूडा), to which he agreed but knew in his mind that it is next to impossible to get a jooda made of real Perl's (in those days).. and decided to die (at this time the above ragini was sung)
    4. But as he was trying to end his life by jumping into a well a saadhu baba saw him doing that and stoped him
    5. sadhu asked his problem and offered some advice (I can't remember what advice he was given) but that guy ended up in a marriage where he was a false groom replacing the actual groom as the real one was ugly. And in that marriage he would receive the juda as a gift from his mother in law...
    6. I don't remember what happens after this...

If anyone could please point me to the right direction that would be great.. thanks in advance...

I have never heard any ragini in my life ......but shared description seems quite interesting .

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by mohittomar View Post
    hello everyone, from many days I've been trying to recall the memory of that particular ragini my dad use to play on our cassette player about 20 years ago. But I can't remember anything. I only remember music which keeps on playing in my head. I asked dad but he couldn't recall what exactly he played from his collection of about 100 ragnis and kissey...

I need you guys to help figure it out for me... following is what I remember of that (kissa / ragini)
    2. one of the ragini title was "Poot paraya chota darja" (पूत पराया छोटा दर्जा सारी उमर रहेगा हरजा सोचन लाग्या डूब कै मरजा)
    3. The story was about a step brother who got a job abroad and when he was leaving the house his sister in law (भाभी) asked him to get her a jooda (जूडा) made of genuine pearls (सच्चे मोतियों का जूडा), to which he agreed but knew in his mind that it is next to impossible to get a jooda made of real Perl's (in those days).. and decided to die (at this time the above ragini was sung)
    4. But as he was trying to end his life by jumping into a well a saadhu baba saw him doing that and stoped him
    5. sadhu asked his problem and offered some advice (I can't remember what advice he was given) but that guy ended up in a marriage where he was a false groom replacing the actual groom as the real one was ugly. And in that marriage he would receive the juda as a gift from his mother in law...
    6. I don't remember what happens after this...

If anyone could please point me to the right direction that would be great.. thanks in advance...
    I am not familiar with this raagani / kissa. But the plot is easy to identify. Try kisse at raagani.com.

Ravinder

Quote Originally Posted by ravinder View Post
    I am not familiar with this raagani / kissa. But the plot is easy to identify. Try kisse at raagani.com.

Ravinder

dear mohit,

If iam not wrong it's from kissa - Chanderhaas & the famous ragani - Is Ladke Ka Dhang Badal sung by various singers like Ramesh Kalawadiya, Rajkishan Agwanpuria which i like most. In the mentioned website of jatland - haryanvimusic.com it's under heading Phutkar Raaganiyan Part 4. Rest big shots people from our community who are lover of apna culture of listening raganis can throw better light.
    जाट के हाथ के नीचे ताज -९८९९६८६६६१
    साफा बांध ले तुर्हे दार |
    अचकन पहर ले धारी दार |
    पजामा पहर ले चूड़ी दार |
    जूती पहर ले तिल्ले दार |
    तलवार टांग ले चमक दार |
    मूछ राख ले घुंडी दार |

सही कही भाई फौज दार |

THIS FAUJDAR IS ALWAYS ON WAR COZ I AM SINSINWAR

Quote Originally Posted by mohittomar View Post

Here goes link to the video on youtube, and the RAGNI you are talking about is @09:15:

Haryanvi Kissa Seth Tarachnad 4 of Lakhmichand

All the best, dear!
    DOSHBHITE YATTANARAMBHE KAAPURUSHLAKSHNAM!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deswal For This Useful Post:

mohittomar (April 14th, 2018)

Thanks everyone for sharing your inputs. It has been now 2 years since i asked this question and see the coincidence i again tried to search for this song / raagni and stumbled upon this question again.

Finally I found what I was looking for.

Most thanks to Ram P Deswal. Thanks Mr. Deswal for answering my query and providing direct link.