Thread: Preserving Jat Gene Pool

Preserving Jat Gene Pool

Just happened to read a news story pertaining to Bollywood doing the rounds these days - Tushar Kapoor has become a single father through surrogacy.

News articles such as the above and others galore about the growing trend towards assisted embryo fertilization and births through surrogacy. There are many reasons for people turning towards assisted/artificial fertilization and surrogacy. People are getting married late due to greater commitments towards higher education and work, no time to plan a family, low male/female ratio etc.

All this is happening in the Jat community as well which makes one wonder as to what would be the consequence to the Jat gene pool? This is all the more important because the Jat society/race is very closely knit and has a relatively more distinguishable identity separate from the other races in terms of height, built, relatively lesser genetic defects, etc. With the intermingling of genes from other communities/races, would this gene pool remain intact as passed on to us by our forefathers? Would we be able to pass this gene pool which is a heritage from our forefathers intact to our future generations??

With full responsibility and regards to the seriousness of the topic, I thought of a suggestion which would go a long way in keeping the gene pool intact especially for the people from the community who borrow gametes (sperms and/or eggs) from professional donors (of other castes/race). Can we at Jatland start a section where members (and fellow community members who might not be members) can offer their gametes to those from the community needing it. If members want, they can also avoid taking gametes from donors of the same gotras.

I would suggest members could be asked if they would be interested in donating their gametes. If yes, in their profile itself there could be a tag or mention as a prospective donor. Anyone community member (whether member on JL or not) can then contact the prospective donor in full confidentiality through PM.

I am sure if this suggestion actually sees the light of the day will go a long way in ensuring that our gene pool remains intact and that it is not adulterated by genes borrowed from outside (especially from professional donors).

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (July 9th, 2016), rekhasmriti (July 2nd, 2016), SandeepSirohi (July 4th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (July 27th, 2016), vijay (July 11th, 2016), vijaypooniya (July 2nd, 2016)

Kudos !

This is one Daring Thread.

Amen !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (July 9th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (July 27th, 2016)

I am amazed and flattered by the overwhelming and resounding response received by this thread.

I am very confident that we as a community are not there yet!

May God bless us all!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (July 27th, 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    I am amazed and flattered by the overwhelming and resounding response received by this thread.

I am very confident that we as a community are not there yet!

May God bless us all!
    I think people are afraid of being " Vicky Donor" in real life. Anyways you can count me in but I'm not professional for sure.
    Last edited by ayushkadyan; July 9th, 2016 at 08:04 PM.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (July 9th, 2016)

All I was expecting was for the members to put their heads together in giving suggestions as to how this can become a reality - in terms of procedure, confidentiality, legality, etc. Suggestions from Moderators could have also helped.

In fact, the other day I was just wondering about the purpose of Jatland. It is such a wonderful platform that the community has with the help of which many things can be done for its welfare and benefit. Which in turn, brings about the question as to what has been the achievement of Jatland in quantifiable terms towards the community's welfare/benefit. No doubt, it is a good platform to socialize and exchange views/discussions. And of course, more recently with the activity in the matrimonial section picking up which is a very good thing considering that another medium is being provided to choose a suitable life partner by the portal. But beyond that?

Some time ago, I had in fact suggested that there could be various cells/sub-forums like media, legal, medical, academic, political, marketing, business, etc. which would not only give advice and services to members if asked for, but also if need be, be the face and voice of the community in the absence of any credible and forceful Jat voice in the mainstream.

The potential was humongous, but alas, it would only remain a potential!
    Last edited by AbhikRana; July 9th, 2016 at 07:32 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (July 10th, 2016)