Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Demonetization 500 & 1000 Currency Notes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Demonetization 500 & 1000 Currency Notes

Strange .....nobody posted any thread of this super sizzling news .

How about lets all share their 1st experience on hearing news .

Here is mine :
    It was tuesday around 8 pm I was travelling back from work . I was working on some report in cab - then I started getting calls back to back from home , friends & colleagues . I was like what the @#$#$%#$% I need to send this report stop bothering unless it is Urgent . Moment I finished - I called back to find out what has happened - my first reaction " Big deal " . Then I realised I have some 500 currency notes , there I have spend some money and got change of 100 easily bought some grocery which I was anyhow planning to buy on weekend .

It was later I got to know - it is Way too Bold Step . So till date I am sponsor of Office Lunch / Snacks as I m rich got enough change .

Another thing :
    I pay quite heavy tax every year ( sorry no savings I m kinda person who spend it all ) , March & April have always been Zero Dining Out / Shopping / anything extra months . I used to curse Govt and every other with tons of undeclared money . Now I am feeling quite good .

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (November 13th, 2016), Prikshit (November 21st, 2016), sjakhars (November 15th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (December 1st, 2016)

I was happy on this bold decision the very first day but feeling the great difficulty in finding cash for daily spendings. Evening and morning I visit Ganesh Temple every day but now I have added nearby ATM in my each visit but sorry so far I could not get cash.
    Laxman Burdak

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

krishdel (November 13th, 2016), Prikshit (November 21st, 2016), rekhasmriti (November 19th, 2016), sjakhars (November 15th, 2016), sukhbirhooda (December 1st, 2016)

A big decision and welcome move .............Things are getting better day by day. Deposited all 1000/500 notes......
    10000/- is a limit to withdraw by cheque every day, only thing, 20% notes in 100 rest are 2000/-.............so few pink notes are rested in purse, not much use in market for day to day need...

>2.5l, those who are filing tax returns and salaried people no issue as they may hv old records of earning........

but really it may be hardship to farmers as most of them may not have records (bills/ receipts, etc....) of their past years agri income....
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rskankara For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (November 19th, 2016)

Really good decision let us expect another good decision from Modi's own party ... after this let us first start from Modi's own Party ..

Let all BJP workers stop using car of more than 7 lacs and spend the extra amount in poors... let all BJP workers living in house of size more than 200 sqr yards and sell if it is more than 200 sqr yards and distribute the recovered money in poors .... Please check how many BJP workers are using vehicle of Value more than 7 Lacs and house more than 200 sqr Yards ... make it public and then sold it for good cause of poor , distribute recovered wealth among poors ... It will be really good step of poor and and let us start it with BJP Delhi

Quote Originally Posted by rskankara View Post
    A big decision and welcome move .............Things are getting better day by day. Deposited all 1000/500 notes......
    10000/- is a limit to withdraw by cheque every day, only thing, 20% notes in 100 rest are 2000/-.............so few pink notes are rested in purse, not much use in market for day to day need...

>2.5l, those who are filing tax returns and salaried people no issue as they may hv old records of earning........

but really it may be hardship to farmers as most of them may not have records (bills/ receipts, etc....) of their past years agri income....

Some tweets -

America counting votes,India counting notes.

-----
    Jumped red light, caught by police-wala,
    gave him 1000 ka note.
    Police wala - Sir 100 hi de do…

-----

Instead of declaring 500 & 1000 Rs notes illegal, Govt should replace Mahatma Gandhi's photo with Rahul Gandhi's to change valuation to 0.

-----
    First Black money found in my home:
    My wife is counting all 1000 notes stolen from my pocket. Thanks to Modiji .

-----

आज रात जिस घर की लाइट जलती हुई दिखे, समझ लो नोटों की गिनती चल रही है!
    ----

सौ रुपये के नोट की ऐसी कद्र हो गई है कि जैसे घर के सबसे नालायक लड़के की सरकारी नौकरी लग गई हो!!!
    ------

खाऊंगा न खाने दूंगा - वो तो ठीक है ।

पर खाया हुआ निकाल दूंगा यह तो नहीं बोला था....चीटिंग है भाई !!

-----
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

I visited to Bank in Pitampura Delhi Today and found that only 80 out of 400 persons in line were served.

I really felt very sad that the probability of a poor worker to get his/her currency changed is 25% in a day. It means a poor worker has to spent 4 day in que to get Rs.4000/- changed. He got Rs.20,000/- as cash ... now it means he will spend nearly between 15 to 20 Days in ques to get the currency changed.
    Good step by Govt but forget the poor while taking decision ...

Very Very Poor Management ...

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    I was happy on this bold decision the very first day but feeling the great difficulty in finding cash for daily spendings. Evening and morning I visit Ganesh Temple every day but now I have added nearby ATM in my each visit but sorry so far I could not get cash.

Really a big decision and let hope for another decision from Modi's own party ...

Let all BJP workers stop using car of more than 7 lacs and spend the extra amount in poors... let all BJP workers living in house of size more than 200 sqr yards and sell if it is more than 200 sqr yards and distribute the recovered money in poors .... Please check how many BJP workers are using vehicle of Value more than 7 Lacs and house more than 200 sqr Yards ... make it public and then sold it for good cause of poor , distribute recovered wealth among poors ... It will be really good step of poor and and let us start it with BJP Delhi

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

Here is mine :
    It was tuesday around 8 pm I was travelling back from work . I was working on some report in cab - then I started getting calls back to back from home , friends & colleagues . I was like what the @#$#$%#$% I need to send this report stop bothering unless it is Urgent . Moment I finished - I called back to find out what has happened - my first reaction " Big deal " . Then I realised I have some 500 currency notes , there I have spend some money and got change of 100 easily bought some grocery which I was anyhow planning to buy on weekend .

It was later I got to know - it is Way too Bold Step . So till date I am sponsor of Office Lunch / Snacks as I m rich got enough change .

Another thing :
    I pay quite heavy tax every year ( sorry no savings I m kinda person who spend it all ) , March & April have always been Zero Dining Out / Shopping / anything extra months . I used to curse Govt and every other with tons of undeclared money . Now I am feeling quite good .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to krishdel For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (November 15th, 2016)

My first experience after news ...

I left my office at Sec 63 Noida at 9.30 pm .... I used to travel on daily between Pitampura Delhi and Noida ....
    I just stand on roadside to get an auto ... Autowala took Rs.100/- from Sec 63 to Noida City Center... When I asked Autowala to take me to Noida City Center ... His first question was that I have Rs.100/ notes . I counted in my pocket and found that I had 2 Notes of Rs.500/- and Rs.25/- chain... he told me that he could not take me because Rs.500/- notes have been banned ... I was socked that how I will reach Home to Pitampura Delhi in just Rs.25/- ... then I planned ... I travelled in night nearly 5 Km to reach to National Highway 24 ... and reached there and then at 10.15 Pm I took shared auto Rs.15/- to ananad Vihar and then Bus Rs.5/- to Dilshad Garden ... then took Metro and then Bus from Pitampura Metro to my Bus stand ...

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

Here is mine :

Another thing :

14. The Following User Says Thank You to krishdel For This Useful Post:

How India's currency ban is hurting the poor

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37947029
    Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi.

Can India's currency ban really curb the black economy?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37933231

I still remember during Jat agitation, how ASSOCHAM reports were cited about loss occurred as result of riots and business shutdown.

Wonder where is that ASSOCHAM and who runs it? What happened to it now? Where are figures? No loss so far? Or its mum because of Modi govt pressure.

Far out man. So many shops are shut, so many businesses are shut due to this decision but nobody is talking about losses to the economy as a result of this rupee ban?

Rupee ban has touched whole country and all businesses in the country but organisations like ASSOCHAM keep quite on such occasions. During Jat reservation, ASSOCHAM esitamted losss of 20000 Crore and that too riots lasted for about 5-6 days and not every district was hit by that. But by this rupee ban, whole country has got impacted but organisations like these are just MUM. Loss to the economy could be in lakhs of crores much more than black money damage.

CAG is also mum these days. Looks like country is on a big profit path and flourishing in this govt. No corruption is happening. Everything is hunky dowry and common person's life has improved by leaps and bounds. What a govt. Seriously very acche din people are seeing.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amitbudhwar For This Useful Post:

krishdel (November 14th, 2016), sandeepverma (November 21st, 2016)

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/indias-econ...ratings-703576

India's economic growth to take a hit over demonetisation drive: India Ratings

India could well lose its "world's fastest-growing economy" tag, thanks to the impact of the de-monetisation of high-value currencies on its economy. This is so because real estate, gold and the informal sectors that see a high element of cash transactions are expected to slow down, according to India Ratings (Ind-Ra)

Amit Ji,
    Because all the Media is driven at BJP Issaron Par. All these black and white are anti JAT. BJP and RSS are too anti jat.

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    I still remember during Jat agitation, how ASSOCHAM reports were cited about loss occurred as result of riots and business shutdown.

Wonder where is that ASSOCHAM and who runs it? What happened to it now? Where are figures? No loss so far? Or its mum because of Modi govt pressure.

Far out man. So many shops are shut, so many businesses are shut due to this decision but nobody is talking about losses to the economy as a result of this rupee ban?

Rupee ban has touched whole country and all businesses in the country but organisations like ASSOCHAM keep quite on such occasions. During Jat reservation, ASSOCHAM esitamted losss of 20000 Crore and that too riots lasted for about 5-6 days and not every district was hit by that. But by this rupee ban, whole country has got impacted but organisations like these are just MUM. Loss to the economy could be in lakhs of crores much more than black money damage.

CAG is also mum these days. Looks like country is on a big profit path and flourishing in this govt. No corruption is happening. Everything is hunky dowry and common person's life has improved by leaps and bounds. What a govt. Seriously very acche din people are seeing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to krishdel For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (November 16th, 2016)

Historical decision, great move. I don't think Modi can be dethroned as long as he is safe and healthy.
    By chance I got around 12k in 100 rs. notes on 7th November. I was feeling very bad to get these 100 rs. notes, but they are keeping me trouble free at least so far.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to upendersingh For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (November 21st, 2016)

People's opinion about this demonetisation move is highly driven by their political affiliation. It seems most of the people of this country are in favour of the government's decision. However, there is no doubt that people are facing difficulties in day to day life due to cash limitations. I think picture would be clear once final deadline to submit the old currency gets over.
    It's also observed that public sector banks are creating more fuss. Their staff is slow, incompetent to perform as per the need of the hour. They are not used to work and perform in such a high pressure situation and as a result commoners are suffering the most while dealing with these "Sarkari Bank and their cashiers". Watching these sarkari cashiers at cash counter is quite irritating and they people are least bothered about all this. I agreed their job is tough but they have to come out from their Sarkari job mindset and their comfort zone. Even branch managers of Sarkari banks hardly take any pain to come out from their cabin and guide their staff if they stuck somewhere.

I think government should not test the patience of commoners anymore. Government need to ensure that all the ATMs are filled with new currency. If government gets failed to do so then a bold and brave step to curb the black/fake money could be a Bakwaas step of all time in the history of independent India.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

deependra (November 24th, 2016), krishdel (November 27th, 2016), lrburdak (November 24th, 2016)

There is no doubt that people are suffering because of this initiative, especially in rural areas. The move has sprouted corruption in different forms as people here are so innovative and no matter what rules/process Govt brings they find ways to tackle all obstacles. Banks run out of cash in few hours and farmers are returned empty handed. I believe it could have been prepared in a better way. If people continue to face the hardship, this move can hurt Modi irrespective of his good intent.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

27. The Following User Says Thank You to deependra For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (November 24th, 2016)

One of the worst decision of a govt. Shameful modi govt is quickly destroying India. So much loss to country and economy. Shameful govt controlled by corporates

Don't mind.......ab baat purani ho gayee...........

Now things are hunky dory

2000 ka note to aisa chhapa hai jaise koi kalakari karna seekh raha ho. purse mein rakhne ka bhi mann nahi karta. ATM machine se milte hi pahle usi ko karchti thi