Thread: "Some humour about Jats" - a blog

"Some humour about Jats" - a blog

During a random surfing session over the Internet, I found an interesting blog by Justice Markandeya Katju, the ex-judge of Supreme Court, titled "Some humour about Jats". It can be read on the following link -

http://justicekatju.blogspot.co.nz/2...-stir-has.html

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (February 14th, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    During a random surfing session over the Internet, I found an interesting blog by Justice Markandeya Katju, the ex-judge of Supreme Court, titled "Some humour about Jats". It can be read on the following link -

He is enjoying his retirement these days. He has opinion about everything under the sun.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (February 14th, 2017), ygulia (February 14th, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post

Sir, bore kar diya Katju ji ke blog ne :-(

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    Sir, bore kar diya Katju ji ke blog ne :-(
    It seems the above link is somehow not opening. The Jat story is available on following link too-

http://justicekatju.blogspot.com/sea...Humour+on+Jats

Full text is pasted below -

Sunday, 5 June 2016

Some humour about Jats

The Jat stir has again started, and I have been asked to comment on it. But instead of doing so, I may tell some humorous stories about Jats.

These are all in lighter vein, and not to disparage or insult Jats in any way. I have many Jat friends, and have found them wonderful and good people. I have a high opinion of Jats. So take all these as jokes

1. When I was a Judge of Allahabad High Court, I was also Administrative Judge of Meerut and Baghpat.

Once on an inspection tour I was travelling on a car from Meerut to Baghpat, accompanied by the District Judge, Meerut.. The car was going on a narrow path in the countryside, when from the opposite direction came a tractor, laden with sugar cane and driven by a young man. When the tractor came near my car the young man on it started shouting at us. I asked the District Judge what wrong had we done which made the young man shout at us ?. The District Judge replied " We did nothing wrong, My Lord. Don't mind it . He is a Jat. Jats talk like this ".

2. There is a saying in Hindi : ' Jat mara jaaniye, jab terihi ho jaye '

3. There is another saying : " Jat kahe sun Jatini. Isi gaon mein rehna

Billee oonth le gayi, to ' haan ji, haan ji ' kehna "

4. Shravan Kumar's aged parents wanted to go on a pilgrimage. So he put each parent in a basket and tied each basket to an end of a bamboo pole, which he shouldered while on the pilgrimage.

However, as soon as he entered Meerut, he threw down the pole, and told his parents " I am a young man, and want to enjoy life. Why should I waste my life serving you ? "

His father said " Son, you have been good enough to carry us till here. Only carry us a short distance more till we cross the border of Meerut. Then you can leave us. "

Shravan Kumar then picked up the pole and as soon as he crossed the border of Meerut he recovered his senses, and told his parents " I am sorry Mataji and Pitaji. I lost my senses on entering Meerut. Forgive me. Now I am normal again,and will take you on the pilgrimage "

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Sir, yahi wala link pe padha hai ....sacchi mein boring hain Katju Ji

8. The Following User Says Thank You to neel6318 For This Useful Post:

RAMJAAT11 (November 23rd, 2017)

Jat Ka Byah - video

हरिओम पंवार का एक वीडियो (जाट का ब्याह) यू-ट्यूब पर काफी लोकप्रिय है। उसको यहां पर देखा और सुना जा सकता है -

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

bharti (March 20th, 2018)