Thread: The Jat Brand

The Jat Brand

Disclaimer: The purpose of starting is thread to discuss the every aspect of Jat community which contribute in making jats a brand and challenges ahead that could be vulnerable to reputation of Jat community in long run.

Special Note: To Mr. Shantanu Maddhan: Requesting you with folded hand that please don't post anything related to climate change, pollution and people intruding in your personal life in this thread.

A word "swag" is doing rounds on internet, in movies, music and almost everywhere for quite some time. Any punjabi music lover is aware of how this swag has become Saag of Punjab and can be found in the lyrics of every other punjabi song. Similarly we notice the word "Jatt" or "Jatta" quite often in punjabi songs. Recently I was listening a punjabi song (I listen Haryanvi too) "Ek Jatta da swag, duja Kurta trend, teeja bullet brand kadi honde ni puraane"..directed by Parmish Verma. It compelled me to think that how beautifully punjabi singers are branding the Jats through their songs (Although they consider themselves as Jatt not Jat).

On the other hand we have Sapna Chaudhary, who is responsible for bringing Bhojpuri culture in haryanvi music and spreading vulgarity like bhojpuri dancers. She has full right to choose her occupation but being a jat (If I am not wrong) she brings bad name to the community. If she has interest in music then it should be decent one. Please don't see it as a gender biased opinion.

I am worried about the quality of content of Haryanvi Music (People assume it as Jat Music). It's getting poor day by day. These days you'll find most of haryanvi songs videos are similar to bhojpuri songs which is not a good sign . Sadly, singers like Sapna are promoting such things. This is another bad thing happened to Jat community after media coverage of Jat Reservation movement. It's tarnishing the image of Jats and further damaging the Jat Brand.

Any double meaning ragini with smutty jokes, performed with obscene dance steps can't be welcomed. Please don't try to justify her acts by comparing it with some old Khaap decisions, Honor Killing, Poor gender ratio, drinking and gun culture in Jat community. All are equally bad for the community. This is not what Jat should be know for.

Jats should be known for their bravery, their jattitude, their achievements, their jolliness, their helping nature, their ability to work hard, their presence in Farming to "Fauz" Indian defence and civil services, for making this nation proud and not for wrong reasons.

A community which carry a legacy of Legends Like:Bhagat Singh, Sir Chhotu Ram, Raja Surajmal should not feel inferior to any other community out there. May The Jat Brand flourish everywhere. Long live Jats! Long live Jat Brotherhood!
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (November 21st, 2017), cooljat (November 21st, 2017), op1955 (May 19th, 2017), rekhasmriti (May 13th, 2017), sukhbirhooda (November 18th, 2017), vijay (May 14th, 2017)

Flip side is that Haryanvi culture is being depicted in Bollywood through songs, one TV serial is around as well. Guys like Lalit Shokeen, Sheoran couple are doing well for cultural aspects. Further, I agree with decline in the quality but remember Punjabi music also went through the same phase in 80s where Rangeela/Chamkeela were famous for what we witnessing today in our culture. Things will refine with time. Who thought of haryanvi rap a decade ago
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 18th, 2017)

The rise of female ragini singers cum stage dancers is on peak. They are in news for some good or bad reasons. Sapna Chaudhary is now part of Bigg Boss while another singer Harshita Dahiya aka Geeta shot down by some unknown goons in a family dispute. A few years ago, Beenu Chaudhary who was known for her super vulgar jokes and ragini, was killed by contract killers in similar fashion. Another singer Gauri Rani is all set to grab the stage in absence of Sapna. She is known for her infamous skin show on stage and reminds Pakistani Mujra dancers.
    The irony is that all belong to a community which accused of suppressing the women's rights in society.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

Irony is that being individual personality, our character is modified and articulated not only by us but also by home surroundings at first step. So, its nothing to worry about any murder mystery or death of any, be a person from any community. I find it funny as you given me as well a brand title.

Thankyou for giving this brand name! But I am more happy to be with an individualism tag , which means no caste and then subcastes.

Prove yourself! That should be the spirit!

Neelam

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neel6318 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 29th, 2017), SALURAM (October 21st, 2017), sukhbirhooda (November 18th, 2017)

Such elements were present earlier as well and equally popular but youtube and social made it overyhyped. I dont understand the hyporcrisy around following. Why you follow if you dont like? May be you, yourself enjoy those erotic movies once in a while. Afterall this profession altogether is of Bhannds why to expect them to be intellectuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    The rise of female ragini singers cum stage dancers is on peak. They are in news for some good or bad reasons. Sapna Chaudhary is now part of Bigg Boss while another singer Harshita Dahiya aka Geeta shot down by some unknown goons in a family dispute. A few years ago, Beenu Chaudhary who was known for her super vulgar jokes and ragini, was killed by contract killers in similar fashion. Another singer Gauri Rani is all set to grab the stage in absence of Sapna. She is known for her infamous skin show on stage and reminds Pakistani Mujra dancers.
    The irony is that all belong to a community which accused of suppressing the women's rights in society.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 29th, 2017), sukhbirhooda (November 18th, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    Irony is that being individual personality, our character is modified and articulated not only by us but also by home surroundings at first step. So, its nothing to worry about any murder mystery or death of any, be a person from any community. I find it funny as you given me as well a brand title.

Thankyou for giving this brand name! But I am more happy to be with an individualism tag , which means no caste and then subcastes.

Neelam
    What you want to say exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Such elements were present earlier as well and equally popular but youtube and social made it overyhyped. I dont understand the hyporcrisy around following. Why you follow if you dont like? May be you, yourself enjoy those erotic movies once in a while. Afterall this profession altogether is of Bhannds why to expect them to be intellectuals.
    You interpreted it in wrong direction. It's not about followings or liking/disliking them. The reason behind citing their example here is they belong to Jat community that's it. There is no harm in becoming aware of surrounding. It doesn't mean I follow them. Also, It doesn't sound logical if I follow them then I have no right to criticize them. It would be more illogical to judge/criticize someone without knowing the background of that qperson.
    I just can smile on your erotic movie logic. I have some better taste. Tinto Brass's movies are always on top of my list when it comes to erotica not these dancers' videos.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (October 29th, 2017)

What you want to say exactly?
    Bhaisaab, aap shirt-trousers lete hain, aur brand bhi jaante hi honge cheap and costly which was discussed ealier somewhere to share your favourites......so Ayush is a brand lover guy, so he entitles himself to be of JAT brand might be tagged when he was born......but I was tagged as individual being and nurtured the culture in lifestyle. So, I just mean to say simple.....its stupid to say/call like JAT BRAND as if any market segment being defined among Indians pertaining various communities.

Simple means, be "DOWN TO EARTH"!

:-)
    Last edited by neel6318; October 26th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to neel6318 For This Useful Post:

First of all, let you know that Jat is a race not a caste. Secondly, if one does not want to be associated with Jat race then I think that person should not be member of Jatland.

Neelam
    Yoginder Gulia

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ygulia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    First of all, let you know that Jat is a race not a caste. Secondly, if one does not want to be associated with Jat race then I think that person should not be member of Jatland.
    Sir, you call it caste, race, creed or community. It will make you land at one place. Try to get the important feel rather than a Brand name. "Jatland" itself is sufficient to be known online. What else we need to expose ourselves?

I feel people feel weak inside, whoever write Jat on their bikes or cars. It seems, their way of approach would be taken either way, might be of some inferior or depressed class. Funny! Also, we have learnt hinduism, sikhism, brahminism, jainism, buddhism, christianty. Do we ever heard anybody saying Jatism or Jatistic? Does not make sense. Regiments do define a brand title as Jat regiment is strong enough to face the devil hearts. Still, we cannot address such roarers to be brand which sounds more of object kind.

We can take it as a slang which Ayush tried being Jat. Good enough!
    Last edited by neel6318; October 26th, 2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: addition of comments

19. The Following User Says Thank You to neel6318 For This Useful Post:

You interpreted it in wrong direction. It's not about followings or liking/disliking them. The reason behind citing their example here is they belong to Jat community that's it. There is no harm in becoming aware of surrounding. It doesn't mean I follow them. Also, It doesn't sound logical if I follow them then I have no right to criticize them. It would be more illogical to judge/criticize someone without knowing the background of that qperson.
    I just can smile on your erotic movie logic. I have some better taste. Tinto Brass's movies are always on top of my list when it comes to erotica not these dancers' videos.
    share few clips here with all of us from your collection.

I did not talk about the Brand. I have commented on your thought "I am more happy to be with an individualism tag , which means no caste and then subcastes." please read carefully.

Sir, you call it caste, race, creed or community. It will make you land at one place. Try to get the important feel rather than a Brand name. "Jatland" itself is sufficient to be known online. What else we need to expose ourselves?

I feel people feel weak inside, whoever write Jat on their bikes or cars. It seems, their way of approach would be taken either way, might be of some inferior or depressed class. Funny! Also, we have learnt hinduism, sikhism, brahminism, jainism, buddhism, christianty. Do we ever heard anybody saying Jatism or Jatistic? Does not make sense. Regiments do define a brand title as Jat regiment is strong enough to face the devil hearts. Still, we cannot address such roarers to be brand which sounds more of object kind.

We can take it as a slang which Ayush tried being Jat. Good enough!
    Yoginder Gulia

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    I did not talk about the Brand. I have commented on your thought "I am more happy to be with an individualism tag , which means no caste and then subcastes." please read carefully.
    Yes, it mean simple that individual identity could not be confronted by any. We people arrange arguments only on basis of caste system which infact is a personal choice. I love to be a Kshtriya Jat, but I also pick good qualities of any community/individual.

isne bhi dekh liye j sapna etc fursat mile t

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (November 21st, 2017), ayushkadyan (November 23rd, 2017)

isne bhi dekh liye j sapna etc fursat mile t
    This is what I was talking about. If you can find such meaningful lyrics in punjabi then why haryanvi composer can't focus on the content of haryanvi music. Haryanvi music these days is all about ragini dancers. May be it sounds a bit exaggerated but it's a reality that we need to accept with a pinch of salt.

The song you shared raises the social issue like reservation aptly with a sarcastic dig at goverment. It may not be as commercially hit as other punjabi songs are but it depicts the journey and struggle of Jat people in social system in it's true essence. We need similar content in Haryanvi music to make people aware about the Jat community, their glory, social issues they are dealing with. I believe, Music with such lyrics can spread the social awareness among people more than what a political speech can.

This is what I was talking about. If you can find such meaningful lyrics in punjabi then why haryanvi composer can't focus on the content of haryanvi music. Haryanvi music these days is all about ragini dancers. May be it sounds a bit exaggerated but it's a reality that we need to accept with a pinch of salt.

The song you shared raises the social issue like reservation aptly with a sarcastic dig at goverment. It may not be as commercially hit as other punjabi songs are but it depicts the journey and struggle of Jat people in social system in it's true essence. We need similar content in Haryanvi music to make people aware about the Jat community, their glory, social issues they are dealing with. I believe, Music with such lyrics can spread the social awareness among people more than what a political speech can.
    Thanks!

what I understood here is that you want to boast being Jat and that too excluding any other community love/blessings...isn't it? This song is presented nicely, if it would be sung in Haryanvi then there might not be that special feel. I feel personally, because presentation requires great art.