Thread: Has Jatland revised its policy on access to the Jatland Wiki?

Question Has Jatland revised its policy on access to the Jatland Wiki?

Namaste!

I would like to know that why is that when we take a look at the editing-history (as far back as I am able to view via recent changes 'link' at the JL wiki) of the JL wiki pages, ONLY the JL wiki moderators are shown to have made the edits to the JL wiki pages?

Why is it that the JL webmaster/administrators have not responded to the messages send to them via e-mail (more than once) that I am not able to log-in to JL wiki (but only to JL forums)? I had even pointed-out this a week ago in a thread titled "Jatland Errors," but they are yet to respond to that, or fix that. ( Link: https://www.jatland.com/forums/showt...796#post387796 )

The JL Wiki 'main page' says, "The site is entirely volunteer run and is free to access for all members." Kindly tell me that if it's true, then why the 'right to log-in' to the Jatland Wiki has been exclusively reserved for the 'JL wiki moderators'?

While trying to log-in to JL wiki, the following message is displayed on the screen: "We are sorry, we are not able to process the operation further. Please LOG OUT of the forums, delete your history and login again. If that fails, please contact site admins to solve this issue."

NOTE: I have logged-in to JL forums numerous times (from more than one device), and every single time I have logged-in only after deleting (and re-deleting) the browser's cookies, history, and temporary internet files (in fact, after a thorough clean up). However, even after doing all that, I am only able to log-in to JL forums, not JL wiki (which is showing me as not-logged-in), but every time I re-open the JL forums after visiting the JL wiki, to my surprise, I found myself as logged-in to JL forums (but not at JL wiki).

I am really looking forward to make countless constructive and valuable edits to the JL wiki articles.

Best regards!
    The truth is, family can be more than just those with whom we share blood. We can choose. — Klaus Mikaelson

There is no change in the policy but may be individual problem. Sateshwar may address the issue and fix problem.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    There is no change in the policy but may be individual problem. Sateshwar may address the issue and fix problem.
    Dear Mr. Burdak, though I had logged-in to JL several times to check if my account at JL is operational on both - JL Forums and JL Wiki - still, kindly accept my apologies for writing back after so much gap. Actually, my father's health was in a very bad shape for months, and that had taken away my mind from several things, including the follow-up on this subject.

I am still not able to log-in to JL Wiki. In the month of July, not only had I tried to communicate with the webmaster (Mr. Satyeshwar?) via e-mails, I had also left messages for Mr. Satyeshwar and "System," regarding this issue; but, this issue still remains unaddressed.

I hope that the JL webmaster would take notice of this issue soon, and come up with a solution.

Also, I have a question for you! Would you agree that when we say "Heracles" and "Hari," we are actually talking about the same person?

Best regards!
    The truth is, family can be more than just those with whom we share blood. We can choose. — Klaus Mikaelson

Default Admin Account
    Login to view details.
    Hardeep ji: Are you able to make edits now? It is unclear why you have been having an issue. With the latest server updates, hopefully the problem has been resolved. Please check and let the admins know if you still see an issue.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to system For This Useful Post:

sandeepverma (January 21st, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by system View Post
    Hardeep ji: Are you able to make edits now? It is unclear why you have been having an issue. With the latest server updates, hopefully the problem has been resolved. Please check and let the admins know if you still see an issue.
    My dear, right now, the JL Wiki is also showing me as logged-in along with the JL Forums.

Thanks for taking care of the issue/error.

Best regards!

This shows sincerity of persons involved in maintaining the site last 15 years! I appreciate your effort and request to make us all able to contribute to Jatland in Indian Rupee too. Now it is a time tested platform we can rely on for some more benefits to society as a whole.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandeepverma For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (January 21st, 2018), lrburdak (January 22nd, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepverma View Post
    This shows sincerity of persons involved in maintaining the site last 15 years! I appreciate your effort and request to make us all able to contribute to Jatland in Indian Rupee too. Now it is a time tested platform we can rely on for some more benefits to society as a whole.
    PayPal app is now operational in India. One can download the app from Play Store or App Store and can create the paypal account. User can save bank card details in PayPal app to make instant payments. I had donated to this site a long back using ICICI card on my paypal account. At that time ICICI bank reversed the conversion charge for making the payment in dollars. I am not sure if that was a bank offer or something.
    PayPal account gives you an option to choose between PayPal or Bank conversion rate while donating to this site. One should check with his/her bank for conversion charges applicable on PayPal account.
    Nowadays PayPal account is being accepted for making payments on various merchant sites in India. I recently used it on bookmyshow to get some promotional discount for booking movie tickets.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.