Thread: All the tourist sites which you can visit from Delhi to Jaisalmer...

All the tourist sites which you can visit from Delhi to Jaisalmer...

Ram Ram to all. Creating this thread for two reason. A. To get the list of all tourist sites from New Delhi to Jaisalmer and B. Also mention that which tourist site has Jat history behind it. Now I am not alone to add the whole list, as it's quite long. So I request all the members here to share their trips in this thread.

If you are planning to visit New Delhi, then you will be surprised to know that there are more than 200 Jat villages in India's capital. And New Delhi has more than 100 tourist sites and many of them are now protected by ASI - Archaeological Survey of India. But some must see tourist sites here are India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhavan, Mehrauli Village which is a Jat Village and the Mehrauli Archaeological Park has deep Jat history. Then you can visit Red Fort, Chandni Chowk, Rajghat, Huyuman tomb, Lotus temple, Kalji temple and Qutib Minar.

Then just 250 km from Delhi, you have Jaipur, which has some famous tourist sites like Amber Fort, City Palace, Hawa Mahal and Govind dev Ji temple. Most travellers visit Jaipur to see it's forts and palces, but also for shopping as all the handicraft of Rajasthan is easily available in markets like Bapu bazar, Johri bazar, MI road, etc.

Then 150 km east from Jaipur are the two holy cities of Rajasthan. They are Ajmer and Pushkar. Ajmer is famous for the Ajmer Sharif Dargah and Pushkar is famous for it's lake and the Brahma temple, which is said to as old as 1 AD. And driving 200 km more towards west is the royal and blue city of Rajasthan, which is Jodhpur. Jodhpur has not many tourist monuments. There are Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan palace and Jaswant Thada. But Jodhpur is famous for it's wooden handicraft and cuisine (thali).

300 km west from Jodhpur is the city of Jaisalmer which has amazing haveil's, palace and my favorite, desert camps at Sam sand dune area. Check this list on desert camps in Jaisalmer for more information. But before visiting Jaisalmer, I would suggest all to visit Baba Ramdev temple, also known as Shri Ramdevra temple. The temple is on route from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer. At Jaisalmer, some must visit sites are Jaisalmer's golden fort, Patwon & Salim singh haveli, Gadisar lake, Vyaas Chatri, Bada bagh and desert safari at Sam sand dune. The sand dune area is 40 km from Jaisalmer railway station. Plus from Jaisalmer, one can also plan a trip to Tanot Mata Temple. If you have seen 1999 movie Border, then you know that why I am suggesting you to visit Tanot Mata temple.

To plan a road trip from Delhi to Jaisalmer, just hire a car or tempo traveller (check this out) and do give at-least one 10 days. Like 2 days for Delhi, 2 days for Jaipur, 1 day for Ajmer and Pushkar, 2 days for Jodhpur and 2 days for Jaisalmer. A total of 9 days trip.
    Last edited by pratapsinghrj; August 7th, 2017 at 06:52 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pratapsinghrj For This Useful Post:

neel6318 (August 7th, 2017), SALURAM (September 25th, 2017)