View Poll Results: What do you miss the most about 90's ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music, Movies, Pop Songs and Pop Stars

2 40.00%
  • TV Program/Ads on DD National and Metro Channel

1 20.00%
  • Rawness of life and culture

3 60.00%
  • There is nothing to miss

1 20.00%
  • Current century is far better

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The 90's Kids

The 90's Kids

I feel nostalgic about the 90's era. I wish if I could live it again. I feel, life was so calm during that time period. Weekend movies on DD national was only source of entertainment that you could have had at your home. Since Facebook took over the social media, things are getting changed drastically. After scrapping my old Orkut account, I had joined facebook in 2008 and I observe as Facebook is growing, people are getting more self-centered, self-obsessed and less socialized. I see these changes in people's behaviour including me. You call for a college/school reunion, and you'll find, people hardly turn up.

May be we don't have much time for others these days or we think giving some likes, comments and a birthday wish on someone's timelines is enough to get in touch with people.

There was a time in 90's when gifting a recorded audio cassette tape with Kumar Sanu songs to your loved one was an incredible feeling that one can ever have. I deeply miss that obsessive love feeling that I used to have for my teenage crush. But now everything has changed. You can't keep Kumar Sanu songs in your mobile as your girlfriend may tag you as "Autowala".

The simplicity has gone. The purity of love and friendship has gone. These days, you start with Starbucks coffee where you spend half of your time in pronouncing italian coffee names in correct accent to impress your girlfriend, Girls have become grammar nazi, sapiosexual and feminist.
    You check in to place like Hard Rock Cafe to down some booze with your girlfriend and end up with searching "OYO Rooms" to spend a night with her.

Then, In a fit of honesty, you apologize for having put away a bit too much booze after dropping her off. Swiping right on Tinder is your lifeline. The blind match and one night stand with a girl consumed by wanderlust available on tinder is your next destination.

I'm wondering how a 90's Kid will survive in 21st century.
    Last edited by ayushkadyan; August 22nd, 2017 at 10:12 AM.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

vijay (August 20th, 2017)

So true ..........I feel the same way ,I feel myself got more self centered as I see other are not responding to the meetings and calls .I think social media had impacted a lot in general .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gsolanki9063 For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (August 20th, 2017)

Music, Movies, Pop Songs and Pop Stars.........is that I miss fro era 90's

presently, my likings has changed
    and that also I find good.

Social media have totally changed the social life. There are lot of things to miss rather than gain.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (August 20th, 2017)

90s वाले अब kids नहीं रहे जो late 90s में पैदा हुए थे वो भी अब adult हो गए।
    Coming to the point, I can just say that one of the most memorable thing of my childhood is the cricket world cup of 2003. I was just ten years old at that time. I remember a lot the old DD serials... Shaktimaan,Aap Beeti, Dishayen,Mehar and many more. The long summer days seemed very boring when I was a kid but now I miss them as the days are passing very quickly now. The marriages of my cousins and specially the marriage of my cousin sister in 1999... Before that I hardly remember anything as I was too young. Aur nanihal jana bahut pasand tha bachpan me

Quote Originally Posted by AryanPoonia View Post
    .....nanihal jana bahut pasand tha bachpan me
    yes! that is the only place to escape from mum

Hahaha...Main toh nanihal mummy ke sath hi jata tha. For me it was the place to escape from my father.
    Last edited by AryanPoonia; September 2nd, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

Hahaha...Main toh nanihal mummy ke sath hi jata tha. For me it was the place from my father.
    humara to chhota sa nanihaal hai lekin jitna bhi hai sab humara hota hai, mummy se pahle

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    humara to chhota sa nanihaal hai lekin jitna bhi hai sab humara hota hai, mummy se pahle
    अब बड़े होने पर शायद ननिहाल भी बड़ा हो गया क्योंकि अब वो बात नहीं रही जो बचपन में हुआ करती थी।

अब बड़े होने पर शायद ननिहाल भी बड़ा हो गया क्योंकि अब वो बात नहीं रही जो बचपन में हुआ करती थी।
    lekin yahan Ayush ji era 90's ki baat kar rahe hain, aap to kal mein doob gaye......bahar aao aur, thread ko sahi mayana do, warna ye udhmi balak (ayush) chilla uthega

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Social media have totally changed the social life. There are lot of things to miss rather than gain.
    sirf social media hi nahin, bacchon ke gilli-dande bhi badal gaye hain baseball mein

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    ye cheater cock ab bhi cheating karta hai......Gayatri ka thought modify karke like di apni post......koi baat hui......aur upar se ye humare moderator bhi hain, ye to maan liya kyunki Gayatri ki post ko acche se jaancha gaya hai

Very bad! Not much followers of AYUSH - "The 90's Kid" ;-) or are busy following girls and movies?

I was talking about land space, not bhabhi's space ....

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    I was talking about land space, not bhabhi's space ....
    Lol...Bhabhi is very kind... Bhaiyon ne duriyan bdha lee..Usme unka bhi kasoor nhi ...Apni uljhano mein busy hain sab
    जाट हमारा धर्म है, धार्मिक स्वतंत्रता का अधिकार हमें UN Human Rights Charter व देश का संविधान देता है। नागपुरी डेरे के भक्तों के सस्ते ज्ञान की जरुरत नहीं हैं।.

Lol...Bhabhi is very kind... Bhaiyon ne duriyan bdha lee..Usme unka bhi kasoor nhi ...Apni uljhano mein busy hain sab
    I understand, but don't want to ....Its same everywhere