Thread: Book Bank: Gift of knowledge is among the best of gifts

Book Bank: Gift of knowledge is among the best of gifts

The other day I was wondering if the community can share used books, especially relating to various professional courses. This would benefit the students within the community.

It would be much better to gift them than to give them to the Kabaadiwala who would give a pittance for those used books. As it is, it is said that the gift of knowledge is among the best of gifts. And it would benefit the needy students within the community who may find it tough to purchase books for various professional courses they are pursuing.

Towards this endeavour, if possible can I request the administrator to create a section in the forums for Book bank. In that section, there can be subsections for such professional areas as medicine, engineering, management, law, etc. People who have books to donate to the book bank can enter the titles of the books they have to donate and also the city/town where the books are available.

The only conditions for the users of such books should be that they should handle the books with care and that once the use of the book is over, after completion of their course, they would return the books to the book bank.

Look forward to suggestions from administrator and members.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

ayushkadyan (November 28th, 2017), lrburdak (March 14th, 2018), neel6318 (March 14th, 2018), sandeepverma (January 18th, 2018), sukhbirhooda (July 5th, 2018)

I have created a page for this purpose. See

https://www.jatland.com/home/Jatland_Book_Bank

Members can add books available with theme with their mobile numbers.
    Laxman Burdak

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (March 30th, 2018), sukhbirhooda (July 5th, 2018)

blessed is today's student group......I missed to take good advantage of this Book bank, now I am into mythology

Happy to know about it!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neel6318 For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (March 30th, 2018), sukhbirhooda (July 5th, 2018)

Thanks to Burdak ji for doing the needful.

May we now expect more and more members to come forward and upload the information of the books they posses that they would like to share with fellow members!

We can make a grand building brick by brick by doing our little bits! As they say, all great journeys start with a single step, let us all reach out and take that first single step. Thanks in advance to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    I have created a page for this purpose. See

https://www.jatland.com/home/Jatland_Book_Bank

Members can add books available with theme with their mobile numbers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (July 5th, 2018)

The Book Bank needs to be enriched by adding more and more books available with the members.
    Laxman Burdak

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (July 5th, 2018)