Thread: Black thread around the waist vs Janeo

Black thread around the waist vs Janeo

I just came across a video from 'bamcef' (not sure about their authenticity on all matters but still credible on a few ) and also tried ascertaining the truth with regards to use of janeo vs black thread that we see around the waists of children or even grown ups and they state that janeo was only for rajputs, brahmins and vaishyas and black thread was for shudras. There is no doubt about south west India that indeed it was used there for shudras but in North India, it was shocking to hear. Later on they changed arguments to say it was to cast away the evil eye or for dharan/nabhi stability. This is outrgeous. Here is the link for the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vaAtre5gY

another pdf talking about jat history for those who keep on defending brahmanism

http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bi...hapter%201.pdf

see for yourself how they claim that they impregnated women after parshuram killed all kashtriyas and how jatts father are parshuram and lot and also how Al beruni mentions that in 11th century jatts were shudras. Same has been stated for 8th century as well .

Quote Originally Posted by DevArbikshe View Post
    janeo vs black thread and also how Al beruni mentions that in 11th century jatts were shudras. Same has been stated for 8th century as well .
    Knowing history or origination of self caste and culture/tradition is very good which tell others that "Yes! we love our people and try to do anything which keeps us well knitted". I somewhere shared at Jatland years back that my Late grandfather has written a piece of 150 list of our ancestors where in-between it was also narrated that we had one generation from Rajput as well that is why we call them brothers and take the same for new generation with due regards to them anywhere rather than fighting with them on basis of caste comparison among Jats and Rajputs.

Now, the main concern is being acknowledged by people as Shudras due to any reason. This might be true to some extent as per other opinion but I believe that we never defend Brahmanism nor Shudras. We always talk of values taken from ancestors who might be alive as blessings or might be no more.

I as person, do all the shudra work for services at home and never classify myself on same basis as the truth is my Surnames from Father/Mother/Grandparents. Some DNA report also says, if a girl marry in other community then the child born out of love is being called of same community genes who could not be accepted medically to girl's paternal family blood. Same goes with a boy, incase he marries out of community but here child is acknowledged 50% each of genes from father and mother. If the child born from same community couple then its 100% the same community genes taken ahead by the newborn.

Taking my cousin's example, during her wedding she mixed our tradition of getting glass bangles from maternal family, she carried a fashion of Chuda without Kalirey during HMA wedding rituals...whereas I never accept same for my wedding rituals and I didnot allowed any proposal to ask me to do same ritual just for fashion or something different for people to see in personal wedding attire of mine.

P.S. I am sorry if I am not able to make you understand the DNA fact nicely but done my best to relate your history and present.

We find in the history of India, king after king came into power by brahmin help, but got disgusted by the tyranny of Brahmins and accepted Buddhism. Brahmins had to find another usurper or invader to replace him. They already had acquired legal and religious right to kill the unwanted king through Manu. Explaining how Brahmins frequently used Indian usurpers and even foreign invaders as an instrument of enforcement of Brahmanism over masses, Swami Dharma Teertha observes: "... These unpatriotic and some times treacherous methods were also sought to be justified by the philosophy of Puranas. ..." (Dharma Teertha, p. 111)
    Laxman Burdak

What constitutes a Rajput ?

Hukum Singh Panwar has replied this question in Chapter The Jats:Their Origin, Antiquity and Migrations/An Historico-Somatometrical study bearing on the origin of the Jats as under (pp.127-128):
    A Rajput may be a Jat of the ancient orthodox faith[1]. The term , Rajput is an occupational rather than an ethnological expression[2]. This fact has undoubtedly been confirmed by the researches of Chattopapadhyay and Kushwaha[3]. They say, "all these populations have a common origin, i.e., they are the fragments of the same population, settled in their settlements and occupational patterns, have come to be known differently in the courses of time". They further suggest that "the closeness of the Rajputs with the Jats lends weight to the view that the Jats were originally Rajputs fallen in social status due to their adoption of widow remarriage, and these populations partly branched off a common ancestral population in a none too distant past". However, we do not agree with them regarding the first part of their suggestion. We, rather, feel that the Rajputs are the Jats who discarded the old custom of widow remarriage under Brahmanical influence.
    In fact, the Rajputs are those Jats and Ahirs (Abhirs) who rose to political eminence through the blessing of the priests at Mount Abu[4].

• The term Rajput came into use in the 16th century[5] ,
    • the Maratha in the 17th,
    • the Sikh in the l5th[6],
    • the Gujar in the 9th[7]
    • whereas the term Jat is the oldest[8] of all.

References -

1. Letham, op. cit., p. 254.

2. Sir Denzil Ibbetson, q. by C. V. Vaidya, His. of Med. Hindu Ind., Vol. I, p. 8

3.Chattopadhyay & Kushwha, op. cit., Part-II, I am highly grateful to Dr. S. Prakash, Chairman, Deptt. of Anthropology, Punjab University, Chandigarh for information.

4.Banerjee, Anil Chandra: Lectures on Rajput History, 1962, Calcutta, Ch. I.

5. Guha,Amalendu; Cen. Asia, Report of Dushanbe Cong. 1968, p. 168. Qanungo Studies in Rajputs His., Delhi, 1960, pp. 96-101.

6.Hutton, op. cit., p. 37.

7.Puri, B.N.; His. of Gurjar-Pratiharas Ch. 9.

8. Cf. Infra Ch. on, Jat and its Variants.
    Laxman Burdak

Al-Biruni (अलबरूनी) (born 4/5.9.973 - died 13.12. 1048) considers Jats to be the descendants of Krishna. In 1017, Mahmud of Ghazni took Rey. Most scholars, including al-Biruni, were taken to Ghazna, the capital of the Ghaznavid dynasty. Biruni was made court astrologer and accompanied Mahmud on his invasions into India, living there for a few years. Biruni became acquainted with all things related to India. He may even have learned some Sanskrit. During this time he wrote the Kitab ta'rikh al-Hind, finishing it around 1030.....

From this narration we can conclude who taught Al-biruni Sanskrit and the Sudra thing? This was the time when Brahnical Hinduism factor was in prominence and Rajput formation in brahmanic interest was in process. Unless one makes communities like Jats and Ahirs feel inferior why they will join the Rajput Federation. The country suffered a great loss.
    Laxman Burdak

Thankyou!, Laxman Sir for the detailed factful information.

Regards!