Thread: Panghal gotra in muzaffar nagar district U.P.

Panghal gotra in muzaffar nagar district U.P.

Mirapur khurd, a jat village has tihai mohalla where panghal gotra jat kisan pariwar migrated from Tosham Haryana in search of irrigated land. Granted jamindari rights by british rulers.
    The family has expanded in various parts of india and abroad. The family boasts of highly educated members including post graduates and I.T. professional. Myself served in Delhi and retired as Head of school.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ops2014 For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (May 28th, 2018)

Ompalji Welcome ! Can you provide more info on your gotra ?
    Laxman Burdak

Welcome Bhai sahab
    Namastey
    Please let me know more info regard panghal gotra in indian jats. Also send me its relation with Nagvansh system of Hindus.
    Ompal singh

Quote Originally Posted by ops2014 View Post
    Mirapur khurd, a jat village has tihai mohalla where panghal gotra jat kisan pariwar migrated from Tosham Haryana in search of irrigated land. Granted jamindari rights by british rulers.
    The family has expanded in various parts of india and abroad. The family boasts of highly educated members including post graduates and I.T. professional. Myself served in Delhi and retired as Head of school.
    Yes l belong to Tosham. The village is home of Panghal. (Panghal means from Tosham only)
    The original gotra of Panghal was Duhan. The gotta name is associated with a story of a prominent Zagirdar/lambardar of the village. He took decision to marry his daughter to his farming helper whose family background was not known. Some say he was a rajput handsome boy of Ratia a nearby village.
    villagers opposed and decided to finish the girl,boy and family. The information reached to the girl and so to her father. He proceeded to local Kiledar and sought his army help on the pretext of crushing revolt. While reaching in the village he sent message to the residents those who are opposing him shall be killed others who want to take his side shall be taken care of. And suggested to place a bird feather(Pankh) in the turban to confirm loyalty to Nambardar. This way all citizen not bearing Pankhurst were killed and loyals were spared. These people were demarcated as PANKH WALA LATER ON THIS PANKHWAL PRONOUNCED AS Panghal.

Thanks Rameshji. Your version has been added to Panghal history here. https://www.jatland.com/home/Panghal

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Burdak Sahib , as I said in my reply post, you shall have to trace back history of Duhan (दुहन) gotta to know more about Panghal. Because this gotta is localized to Tosham only. It changed its pronountation starting from pankhwal (पॉंखवाल- पंखवाल-पंघाल।
    Tosham is said to be village of Panghal. Some more village nearby like Baganwala, kharkari sohaan, kharkari makwaan Jhanwari are Panghal villages.
    Chaudhary Jangbir Singh (Panghal resident of kharkadi- Jhanwai village)was elected as Member of Parliament from Bhiwani on the ticket of Haryana Vikas Party of Chaudhary Bansilal (ex CM of Haryana) Earlier in 1967 Assembly Election Mr Jangbir Singh fought election as independent candidate against Ch Bansilal and he gave a thought fight to Ch Bansilal in this election but lost with a thin margin of nearly 2000 votes. Later on he Joined Ch Bansilals HVP.