Thread: For those who search for answers to 'Anti - Jat Sentiment'

Lightbulb For those who search for answers to 'Anti - Jat Sentiment'

I have often come across questions from various brethren about the 'anti- jat' sentiment and it puzzles a lot of people. So here is my take on it, correct me if I'm wrong :

1. Language- I have been studying languages and communication all my life and there is little doubt that language plays a crucial role in how you communicate. The tone, the manner, the words , the gestures, everything matters. The problem arises and miscommunication occurs when two different cultures interact and have diferent methods of communication via their gestures, forms of expression and language.

Most people say that jats , especially of Haryana, have a very rude way of talking and this pushes them away from them and form a negative opinion without any solid evidence and their reaction can be understood through psychological factors of association .For example , the Pavlov's theory of (https://www.simplypsychology.org/pavlov.html) association explains that , in simpler words, our minds work based on associations, when we hear a song and we attribute images and certain feelings to it , the next time we hear it we are likely to have the same response to it. Similarly, if someone talks in loud voice to us , since childhood we associate this as a threat or a negative emotion and thus it seeps into our sub conscious , hence the next time we encounter someone talking to us in loud or harsh dialect/language, our rational brain takes a backward step and our subconscious mind and 'fight or flight' responses judge it as a harmful outsider we must stay away from.

This is the problem, despite the evidences to contrary we tend to form a positive image of a person who speaks softly and sweetly(even if he's a psychopath or a bad element) and we form a negative image of a person who is straightforward, minces no words and is not diplomatic (despite being a good person).

I noticed Panipat dialect is a lot more appealing compared to other dialects and i wonder why that isn't used widely. Take the case of Sikhs/ Punjabis, their language doesn't strike as aggressive but is still punchy and confident. This is the key, to not offend the other person aka soft -skills.

2. Media Propaganda - It is no secret to those who care to look into the ownership patterns of various forms of media as to who owns the media and the narratives, and of course they have no intent to portray jatts in good light so they do the opposite as it suits them. People are still ignorant , look around you'd find so many that you'll lose count, and hence they believe what they are told. It is not the first world audience which is analytical, rational and can see through propagandas. Just look at portrayal of jats in movies, news and how they are covered! If a jat achieves something good or great, he/she is an Indian but if there is a criminal or negative activity, immediately his jat caste is highlighted. you'd not find in mainstream media a title like this : ' jat Manushi Chillar won a crown, a jat player gave his life for the country or won a medla' but you would find a title easily' a jat shot 2 people, a jat robbed a man' etc.

3. Lack of adequate representation in politics- No matter what people say, I personally believe that jats do not have adequate representation in politics and erstwhile so called leaders who reached high positions did not cash on those positions to better the community's image and instead got lost in the politics world for personal gains , titles and forgot the main objective of their posts; namely to work for the upliftment of the poor and be the voice of voiceless.

4. Highly misleading portrayal of jats in books/history- Everyone knows that history is manipulated by those who write those books and despite my attempts to know our true history, all I find is negative portrayals in books. A upsc aspirant from bihar once said to me ' you jatts are only looters and thieves ' and I was stunned to hear this , and he showed a book, yes a proper Indian history book stating that. Even if that was the case , half truths are more dangeorus than lies and no mention of Jat kings or their roots ,where they came from, appropriating them into caste system despite the evidences that they originally did not accept the Brahmanical world view or order.

Moreover, some of our brothers who like Hinduism so much , that they go against their own community and call them traitors who are critical of evils of Hindusim and how it operates in real world, not the one claimed in their ideal narratives.(IRONY DIED A SLOW DEATH) Inhe ye bhi nahi pata ki kaun inka well wisher hai aur kaun dushman aur apne hi bhaiyo ko blame karte hai. Disappointing. Hinduism or any other religion I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH, I have problem with those ignorant people who don't understand that these are used as tools by thekedars of religion' to serve their interests.
    What would happen when people are only shown skewed history of 'a people' ,they will believe what they read, see or hear.

These are the main ones, feel free to add.
    Last edited by DevArbikshe; June 24th, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DevArbikshe For This Useful Post:

hrdhaka (July 4th, 2018), ZaildarTejSingh (November 17th, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DevArbikshe View Post
    A upsc aspirant from bihar once said to me ' you jatts are only looters and thieves ' and I was stunned to hear this , and he showed a book, yes a proper Indian history book stating that.
    This matter should be taken up at all levels and the publisher should be issued notice of defamation by community organiations. Govt should be asked to get replaced such defamatory entries from the books.
    Laxman Burdak

I am trying to contact him to ascertain the name of the book, but he's not reachable, let's see, if anyone finds that book, something must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    This matter should be taken up at all levels and the publisher should be issued notice of defamation by community organiations. Govt should be asked to get replaced such defamatory entries from the books.

Absolute rubbish........this is just some baseless Gossip .

We have many Jats UPSC aspirants some made it and some are trying , how come no one has ever mention such thing .

We have several learned veteran historians and acclaimed researchers on janland. They have done lot of research on various aspects of jat history. You may please be bit more specific on books which you are referencing here. So that it can be reviewed properly and brought out to notice of concerns to take up matter with publishers /writers on these wrong and derogatory entries ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DevArbikshe View Post

history is manipulated by those who write those books and despite my attempts to know our true history, all I find is negative portrayals in books. .... ' you jatts are only looters and thieves ' and I was stunned to hear this , and he showed a book, yes a proper Indian history book stating that.....
    जाट के ठाठ हैं .....

We have to be very much concerned about our history. We have already suffered great loss in past due to our ignorance. About 11-12 years back I read a book which was about important tourist centres of India. About Narsinghpur City in Madhya Pradesh it was written that a Jat Lutera came from north, ruled here and founded this city. I wrote to the publisher from Alahabad about this derogatory line. He sent me a written apology with the assurance to remove this derogatory sentence in the next edition.
    Laxman Burdak

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

rskankara (July 1st, 2018)

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...how/131776.cms

https://www.outlookindia.com/newswir...chandra/410377

https://www.jatland.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-16703.html would you still say absolute rubbish ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

We have many Jats UPSC aspirants some made it and some are trying , how come no one has ever mention such thing .
    Last edited by DevArbikshe; July 1st, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

I'm surprised you've never heard this before. I was shocked too to know this is mentioned in books and i have posted links above for your reference.

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post

Last edited by DevArbikshe; July 1st, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Been there Dev and done that. Its futile to control what others think about our community. No matter how hard you try ( I had done much better on these terms and still doing) to give another side of the coin but alas! they are so much conditioned through media and popular cliches that they don't like to see. Only thing we as community should focus on educating our own youth about ourselves. To let them break the walls of religion as our tribe is across most religions but we are strategically divided by Brahminism. This point our youth doesnt understand very well. Energy spent on image makeover is a wasted one in my opinion.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

DevArbikshe (July 1st, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Been there Dev and done that. Its futile to control what others think about our community. No matter how hard you try ( I had done much better on these terms and still doing) to give another side of the coin but alas! they are so much conditioned through media and popular cliches that they don't like to see. Only thing we as community should focus on educating our own youth about ourselves. To let them break the walls of religion as our tribe is across most religions but we are strategically divided by Brahminism. This point our youth doesnt understand very well. Energy spent on image makeover is a wasted one in my opinion.
    I'll try and heed your advice Samar, I know you once earlier as well told me not to waste my time in all this. But a few instances, even without trying to notice, could not escape my notice. I will give 3 examples and then not touch upon this topic in this much detail ( at least not initiate):

Real life fight on road over parking , 3 haryanvi guys were abusing another guy and beating him mercilessely , by the time anyone could make out what was happening, that guy ran away and was very sensible in not indulging in fight despite getting beaten because he was alone and they were three. I also ran to see what was happening but by that time , it was sorted, as he moved.
    1. Now, one guy who's from uttarkahand said to another guy from Himachal, ye jatts aise hi hote hain haryana ke, I immediately asked him, does he know if those guys who were abusing and creating ruckus were jatts, he hesitated and said he must be a jatt! After all he is from Haryana. I asked him do you know the percentage of jatts in Haryana, he said no. I told him, i will clear his misconception 'today' , took him to the brother of the guys who were fighting,asked him, bhai aap jatt ho ? He said shouting ' na bhai apan bahman sain' and the Uttarakhand guy and Himachali guys were dumb struck. I took 15 minutes to explain to them that language and castes are not synonymous and jatts are not limited to Haryana, I am a jatt and my both paternal and maternal lineages are from Delhi for more than 7 generations and yes I have relatives in Haryana, Rajasthan and U.P. and even Australia. Asked them politely to not pass such ignorant comments again and as they know me personally , I reminded them that they call me angrez all the time, I am also jatt, and just like any other community there are bad and good apples in ours as well.

2 There was news a few months ago that some miscreants molested Korean girls (tourists) on Gurgaon Highway and here comes a Bengali brahmin old guy spouting venomous things against jatts and saying these jatts are **** *%# etc etc I checked the news from various sources and to my surprise in TOI report it was mentioned that it was Gurjars.( And even that is wrong in my opinion, the crime was committed by some crimianls, why malign the entire gurjar community !)I asked him if he even read the report and why was he attributing crime committed by some other persons to jatts? He was so enraged and blind in his hate that logic didn't appeal to him and thus i thought i was wasting my time, I also directed the attention of some self proclaimed jatt pages on fb but they didn't really care and when i checked those pages I doubted if even these pages were administred by jatts or some other anti social elements to malign the name of jatts , pretending to be jatts and posting inflaming posts.

for example
    https://www.altnews.in/hindi/rajiya-...ofile-exposed/

This is pretty common nowawadays , some Pavan Sharma is pretending to be a muslim and deliberately posting hate content.
    I also remember avi dandiya referring to Deepak Sharma, the internet guy who posts very provocative videos, as a jat, he was assuming and he was corrected by another muslim he was interviewing that he is not a jat but a brahmin.And the irony, he thought Dhruv Rathee was a brahmin, the big youtuber, so i was wondering where do these associations come from, here is a well meaning guy, i hope, and he is totally mislabelling a lout to be a jat who is actually not a jat and labelling a jat a brahmin just because he is sophisticted and well educated, polished, rational. I even messaged him mentioning his error, but no reply.

I firmly believe in individualism and I don't think all Brahmins or Gurjars or anyone for that matter is bad due to some bad elements. Never have i cared about caste or ethnicity in my life and plan on to not dwell on it much either but when so many ignorant people malign the name of my community , i can't help but take notice because this seems very well orchestrated propaganda where fuel is added to fire due to some idiots who got a lot of money suddenly and flaunt their stupidity by breaking traffic rules, creating hooliganism and labelling their bikes and cars with stickers stating jatts.I mean how stupid can they be, they are practically tarnishing the name of the whole community and doing bad advertising.

3.Today I read that a woman in Bhatinda stabbed her 5 year old son. Seems it's a punjabi as her name is such, but even here on The Hindu, some idiot comes in comments and posts as anonymous that it is a jaat family with a lot of money. I mean so many random people commenting this nonsense, intentionally without proof and even in face of contrary facts .

In all these three instances, it is clear that crimes of people belonging to other communities were attributed to jatts and all the celebs and so many people who have achieved so much or contributed to country are never addressed as jatts, which is worriesome as there are many cases where such wrong attributions are taking place. Some communities are getting positive reputation and some negative and if you look closely, the major difference would be perhaps in the way they talk and not in the number of bad or good people in these communities. Japan vs China is a very good example, Chinese lingo is pretty docile while Japanese is pretty strict and harsh , does that mean that all japanese are bad and all Chinese are angels ? Of course not!

i have been told by people so many times, you are nothing like a jatt except when they saw me angry. And i ask them what do they mean, they say you are educated, have good tastes etc etc and I am there staring at them like they are not humans but robots. When I used to be skinny the comments were so mixed I couldn't understand if i was being complimented or insulted due to appreciating my manners and education but passing derogatory remarks on my skinny physique, since i gained a lot of muscle, they jus tsay , oh you're a jatt, you must be strong naturally and I just don't even bother debating anymore.
    Also, I noticed there was comparatively positive image before 2014, since then it's all downhill. nobody cares even if fake news are busted , al ot of people who see fake news consider it as legitimate and most miss the news busting those fake news. ( context: jat reservation protests and misreporting)
    I feel we are surrounded by zombies.
    But I rest my case Samar , no more time for this, much better topics to talk about. And you are correct, we ought to focus on building things , creating good stuff like the guy Dipanshu Sangwan ( NOMADIC INDIAN
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgi...rXV2EBlaaAtVaw)
    Next time someone passes an ignorant comment, i'd just smile and say , may god give you some sense and brain cells.
    Last edited by DevArbikshe; July 3rd, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DevArbikshe For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (July 3rd, 2018)

We need not to waste time on such matters but what we can do is to spend few minutes to improve our image by not only knowing facts but convincing mass and by our improved behavior.
    Laxman Burdak

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DevArbikshe (July 3rd, 2018)