Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Web Series Reviews

Web Series Reviews

As the Indian cinema is getting realistic so the content is getting more bold. The art of cinema has gone beyond the conventional mode of expression. Due to censorship on mainstream cinema, filmmakers find Web platform more fitting to put forward their views on sensitive issues through web series. "Sacred Games" is classical example of such series that touches issues like Hindu-Muslim divide around demolition of Babri Maszid, Mumbai Bomb Blast and taking jibe at one of "The Gandhi" prime minister of India which we can't even imagine in mainstream Indian cinema.

Nowadays, internet is flooded with number of content providers like: Netflix, Amazon Prime, ALTBalaji, ZEE5, VIU, Voot, SonyLiv, Hotstar, Eros Now and so on. Affordable internet data services have contributed heavily in the expansion of these content providers. "The Idiot Box" has become smart so one can have access to these web series platforms easily. My personal favorites are Netflix and Amazon Prime. Both are investing heavily in Indian web market. Their web series have got some good content to offer to viewers. However, half of their content is not suitable for the minors which may be little awkward to family viewers. Netflix has edge over Amazon prime when it comes to the sound quality and content. I have pre-installed Netflix in my Sony Home theater and the quality of content embedded with 4K and DTS 5.1 sound stun me whenever I switch to Netflix. However, monthly subscription of Amazon prime is more affordable than Netflix. Indian urban viewers specially from tier one cities are shifting towards these web platforms gradually.

Currently I am finishing web series Mirzapur on Amazon prime. Will share its review in coming days. If you have finished any web series which worth a watch, please share here.
    I have a fine sense of the ridiculous, but no sense of humor.

Mirzapur.......I heard awesome reviews . Thus I started to watch it.....Itni @#$@$@%@#% hai , it feels like what is happening does it has any dialogues at all .
    I could not bear it.....so much swearing.....not my kinda show .

Finished Luther Season 5 recently.....as always Idris ....good watch . All previous seasons are amazing ( i have watched them way back....) . Good about UK shows hardly 4 - 5 episodes .

Mirzapur maine bhi dekhi.....isme kuch had se jyda he gali gloch hai.

Uske baad Rangbaaz bhi aayi hai.

Aajkal trend ban gaya the mafia per web series banana.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

If some one really cares about content, seriously, try Money Heist. The Spanish series. Either download from torrent or subscribe to netflix (Will you? ) And yes Ozark as well. Sacred Games is just Okay as far the comparison is there.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (February 3rd, 2019)

Goliath......good watch ....Amazon Prime

Any one has given shot for " First " - Amazon Prime Video . I like Sean Penn.....however for some reason .....this show is appealing to me ....haven't watched it .

The Patriot - Awesome Plot , Acting , Protagonist - super awesome . At first it would not appeal....with time u would get curious and curious....

I have started watching CSI again.....I was great fan of the show ever since i was child....watch its all seasons ...Vegas , Miami and latest New York

I've just finished watching Money Heist, the plot is really good and gripping but execution at times a bit boring, specially their personal lives discussions. But still a good watch.
    Ozark, I watched it long back, didn't like.

If you're into Spy/crime series, following are the 5 star winners.

1. Fargo (3 Seasons) ... Crime thriller with a hint of art and humour, loved it.
    2. Broadchurch (3 seasons) ... small town crime/detective series ... you can't find a fault in it.
    3. Shetland (3 seasons) ... detective series with heavenly scenic views of Scottish Iceland. IT's B'ful, dark and engaging.
    4. Salamander ( 2 seasons) .. Very well made crime/thriller series. Thanks Samar for recommending.
    5. The Bureau (3 seasons) .. Arguably the finest spy series .. sly is the word, totally blown away by first 2 seasons.
    6. The Killing (3 Seasons) .. Based on highly rated Danish series Forbrydelsen, It's a police investigation drama .. Season 1 is so intense, It leaves you heart broken.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    If some one really cares about content, seriously, try Money Heist. The Spanish series. Either download from torrent or subscribe to netflix (Will you? ) And yes Ozark as well. Sacred Games is just Okay as far the comparison is there.
    Last edited by cooljat; February 23rd, 2019 at 09:27 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Anybody True Detective Season 3.......just checked last aired 24 Feb 19

Is there any way to keep Radhika Apte out of web series? She irritates me more than how Modi pronounce "Mitron" in his nasal tone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkadyan For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (March 8th, 2019)

Broadchurch - Season 3 ......as expected Superb .

There is another show Peaky Blinders - Netflix , those who like Old Time UK......they would love it

Aleinist - Netflix......
    I watched is coz of Lead Character.....Daniel....he has done great roles .
    Good Bye Lenin.....is one of my Top Favorite movies.

Show is ok.......I have seen better

Rather than mind refreshers, you all become extra observant. Hehehe......sounds cool to know how crazy you guys are after series like ladies at SAB, STAR PLUS...on and on. It's better to watch news discussions. I am really fed up to see anyone watching Netflix or anything else. Even the bollywood shows or movie except some relaxing movie once or twice in year. No music listening habit now.

Transformed for meditational vibes. This really works let make any difficult situation personally or around.

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    Rather than mind refreshers, you all become extra observant. Hehehe......sounds cool to know how crazy you guys are after series like ladies at SAB, STAR PLUS...on and on. It's better to watch news discussions. I am really fed up to see anyone watching Netflix or anything else. Even the bollywood shows or movie except some relaxing movie once or twice in year. No music listening habit now.

Transformed for meditational vibes. This really works let make any difficult situation personally or around.
    Have you actually watched any netlflix drama/series or just vomited your opinion here as usual without any idea? If not, try watching anything, people have mentioned. If you dont have account , I will give mine. But just try.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 14th, 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Have you actually watched any netlflix drama/series or just vomited your opinion here as usual without any idea? If not, try watching anything, people have mentioned. If you dont have account , I will give mine. But just try.
    Yes, watched few via somebody's else created account and find it all waste. That person is also crazy like you guys love such series.

Any pro tip to finish a web series without using the Fast Forward button? Most of the time I lose the interest halfway and later see the “continue watching” suggestion...piling up to do tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by ayushkadyan View Post
    Any pro tip to finish a web series without using the Fast Forward button? Most of the time I lose the interest halfway and later see the “continue watching” suggestion...piling up to do tasks.
    He hehehe hehehe...…..........Samar would advise best!��

Quote Originally Posted by neel6318 View Post
    Yes, watched few via somebody's else created account and find it all waste. That person is also crazy like you guys love such series.
    It seems you only browsed “continue watching” section of that person’s account.

It seems you only browsed “continue watching” section of that person’s account.
    Phone was mine, account his. I know better in detail.

No more comments. I am fed up with Jatland as well now.

You enjoy!

Keep switching among genres and languages. Felt the same way but then I entered in Turkish section and couldnt fast forward.