As the Indian cinema is getting realistic so the content is getting more bold. The art of cinema has gone beyond the conventional mode of expression. Due to censorship on mainstream cinema, filmmakers find Web platform more fitting to put forward their views on sensitive issues through web series. "Sacred Games" is classical example of such series that touches issues like Hindu-Muslim divide around demolition of Babri Maszid, Mumbai Bomb Blast and taking jibe at one of "The Gandhi" prime minister of India which we can't even imagine in mainstream Indian cinema.

Nowadays, internet is flooded with number of content providers like: Netflix, Amazon Prime, ALTBalaji, ZEE5, VIU, Voot, SonyLiv, Hotstar, Eros Now and so on. Affordable internet data services have contributed heavily in the expansion of these content providers. "The Idiot Box" has become smart so one can have access to these web series platforms easily. My personal favorites are Netflix and Amazon Prime. Both are investing heavily in Indian web market. Their web series have got some good content to offer to viewers. However, half of their content is not suitable for the minors which may be little awkward to family viewers. Netflix has edge over Amazon prime when it comes to the sound quality and content. I have pre-installed Netflix in my Sony Home theater and the quality of content embedded with 4K and DTS 5.1 sound stun me whenever I switch to Netflix. However, monthly subscription of Amazon prime is more affordable than Netflix. Indian urban viewers specially from tier one cities are shifting towards these web platforms gradually.

Currently I am finishing web series Mirzapur on Amazon prime. Will share its review in coming days. If you have finished any web series which worth a watch, please share here.