Some quotes on Jats by some famous historians[ taken from the book: The Jats: their origin, antiquity & migrations" - by Hukam Singh Panwar] which i found quite fascinating, and could not resist my temptation to share with you all. i will try my best to keep it updating every week with some interesting historical quotes/data on Jats.
Regards,
--Rajesh Sindhu.
--------------------------------------------
1. "The Jats' spirit of freedom and equality refused to submit to Brahmanical Hinduism and in its turn drew the censure of the priviledged Brahman of the Gangetic plains... He (the Jat) assumed somewhat condescending attitude towards the Brahman, whom he considers littile better than a soothsayer or a begger, or the Kshatriya, who disdained earning an honest living and was proud of being a mercenary. He fought more battles for the defence of his motherland than the Kshatriya, for unlike Kshtriya the Jat seldom fled from his village when the invaders came" -- S. Khushwant Singh, the famous journalist.

2. "The Jat race has two great virtues; they can neither bow down for long under the hegemony of another nor they tolerate the slavery of social and religious orthodoxy. They lived for 700 years under Muslim rule, but as rebels and thorns in their side. This is the sign of a warrior race. A vice is also attached with the Jat. They have a fractiousness, which, if it turns wild, results in mutual enmity. They would have, by dint of their virtues, been the sole rulers of India, but for this vice. History bears ample testimony that this weakness of theirs has been exploited, more often than not, by vested interests." -- Pt. Indra Vidyavachaspati.
--------------------------------------------