Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DO SOME GOOD DEEDS & FIGHT THE EVILS - NOT YOUR OWN BLOOD BROTHER OR SISTER

DO SOME GOOD DEEDS & FIGHT THE EVILS - NOT YOUR OWN BLOOD BROTHER OR SISTER

FIGHT THE EVILS
    NEVER HURT YOUR OWN BLOOD-HUMAN BEINGS
    DO SOME GOOD DEEDS & HELP EACH OTHER
    THIS IS THE MORAL AND MANTRA OF THE STORY.

Guru nanak dev ji kisi gaum sy gujar rahey thay.gaum ky bahar hi gaum balony pathar marany saru kar diye- gali daeni saru kardi.
    Baba Nanak- khus raho basay raho ka asirwad daekhar chal pady.
    agaly gaum mae pahuchy- gaum balo na bahut adar satkar kiya- Dudh kheer- halwa parosa.
    sewa dan kiya.
    Baba Nanak ny gaum balo sy kaha- UJAD JAO- UJAD JAO----------

Sath mae BAla - MARDANA jo chaley thae- vah puchhany lagay. BABA JI YAH TO JULAM HO GAYA.
    JO BUARY ADMI HAN UNKO KAHA- BASAY RAHO
    JO SAJJAN PURAS SEWA KAR RAHAY HAN UNKO KAHA- UJAD JAO- UJAD JAO ----------

BABA JI NY KAHA- YAHI TO BHAGWAN KI LILA HAE.
    BURAY ADAMI HAN INKO YAHIIS GAUM KY KONY MAE PADA RAHANY DO.
    JO SAJJAN JAN - UJADN GY TO DUNIYA MAE PHAL JAYAGY.
    Burai-isi gaum mae padi rahagi- bhalay log sari jamin per bas jayangy.
    Isliye hi bhaly puras panjabi-Sardar bhai- Gujrati Bhai sari duniya mae phal rahay han. unati kar rahay han.
    Ham JAT APAS MAE LADATY HAN_ LEGS PULLING KARATY HAN- SO BARDAD HO RAHAY HAN.
    LEGS PULLING BHI KUE KARATY HAN.
    KUE KI HAMKO KUSATI- KADADDI KHAELANI HI-SIKHLAYE JATI HAN- JISMAY PAHALA DAV TANAG KICHANA HI HAE>
    SO LEGS PULLING KARANY HAE TO EVILS KI KARO
    FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS

TRUTH
    JUSTICE
    EQUALITY
    JOB
    EDUCATION
    BETTERMENT OF SELF_ FAMILY- COMMUNITY- COUNTRY- MANKIND FOR BETTER WORLD

FIGHT THE CANSER OF DISEASES
    POURITY
    DOWRY
    DRUGS
    DARU
    CURREPTION
    EGO
    HATE

FIGHT WITH THE ROOTS CAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS- NEVER SHOOT THE GOOD MESSENGER & YOUR GUIDE
    SOME TIME WE HURT OUR WELL WISHERS
    BEACAUSE HE/SHE GIVING GOOD ADVICE IN BAD TIMES
    We all make mistake- we are human
    - blood brother/sister
    UNITY OF JATS IS IMPORTANT
    LEARN FROM OUR SIKH BROTHERS AND GUJRATI BHAIS- EVEN MUSLIM- JEW CATHOLICS AND OTHER RELIGIONS . ALL ARE UNITED FOR COMMON CAUSE>
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

Dudee Ji,

You write very good !

I agree with what you are saying.
    Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

Whats so good about that self effacement

who say effacement is good
    nip the evil inthe bud. what you want to say can you explain please.
    teary ko ky bimari hae hindi mae baat kara kar samjha ???

Dharmpalji, Aap thik kah rahe hai. Bimari ko paida hi mat hone do. Paida ho gai hai to jaldi khatam karo. Bimari ke teeke ki khoj karo.Panjabion aur gujaration mei kuchh sanskar bachpan se dalte hain. Shayad jaton men aisa nahi hota hai.Koi bhi vyavastha regimentation se chalati hai.
    Laxman Burdak

well said... uncle ji

Regards,
    RiNu

Laxman bhai- Ashok - Renu and all
    Thank you very much sharing your views.
    We need more good actions now to do good deeds.

Laxman bhai - sahi baat hae- sanaskar bachoo mae janam
    sy hi daly jatay han - ya maa baap parivar sy atay han
    Isako hi to khandani goon- family values kahaty han.

Very interesting discussion. Dharmpal jee you are right about Sanskars and every one wants to give good sanskars to their children. Then where is the problem ? The problem is the gap between what parents want and what they achieve. Because the individual has some inherent qualities which can not be changed so suddenly. Probably that individual needs to go through a few birth cycles to come to the stage where he is able to do good for others. That will explain why two children raised in the same family can be so different. One can be very good and other can be very bad. People do change from good to bad and bad to good. In fact we all possess some good and some bad . These qualities can be enhanced by self discipline or self delusion. We are free to choose and of course family and friends will help us if they see that individual is on the path of improvement. Similarly they will discourage if individual is heading towards self destruction. These two opposite influences could up to certain extant influence individual's thought process. That is why society is so important in shaping individuals.
    Unfortunately democracy is being misused and individualism seems to be gettig higher priority over the society which leads to so much of strife in the World. The need is to find the right balance where individuals can flourish in a harmonious society. We can not choose one or the other. Good and responsible individuals only can make a just society. At individual level if we try and support the society in our limited way there is bound to be improvement. However in our self interest we some times tend to ignore rest of the society and do so at our own peril.

dear all ,i think the need of the day is good education for us. things are realy very bad in villages.our all energy is spent on fighting for issues which deserve no place in any progressing community.our folks are happy in finding ways and means to get our young boys into police and army and they can not think beyond that.where as they can do much better.sifarish is the worest disease in our villages. nakal in schools is widespread .this vicious circle of nakal ,sifarish , bribe ,police and army has to be broken.

Dharmpal Ji:

What a great message! As Rajender ji correctly points out the situation in our villages is really bad and it is getting worse.

[quote]Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jun 09, 2003 09:00 a.m.):
    FIGHT THE EVILS

FIGHT WITH THE ROOTS CAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS- NEVER SHOOT THE GOOD MESSENGER & YOUR GUIDE
    SOME TIME WE HURT OUR WELL WISHERS
    BEACAUSE HE/SHE GIVING GOOD ADVICE IN BAD TIMES
    We all make mistake- we are human
    Keep thinking, it always helps !!!!!

Budh Nashier, M.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D.

Dear Rajender, Subhachand ji , Budh ji & all
    Thank you for your cuntribution and noble thoughts.
    Yes Education is the need of the hour. We all know the problems, but very few of us thinking on these lines and not doing much in real life.
    We can discuss all these problems here with open heart and mind .
    Rajender and other are active and they are calling a world jats get together in Gurgaun on 21st Dec 2003. Those of us can attend will discuss the future plan of action face to face.
    Those who can not attend, please write your suggestions and thought here.

Dear JAT'S nad JATNI'S,

It is very good to interact with each other and give our views. However, let us all give some possible, practicle and implementable solutions that may help the less fortunate of our community. My experience shows that we are very good in disscussing and disagreeing. I presume that all the members of this forum come from educated familities and have access to basic amenities of life. Has any one of us made a difference to our less fortunate brothers and sisters.

Let me give you a small personal example. I was commissioned in the Indian Army as a 2nd Lt in Jun 1980. I was the first lucky person from my village to become an officer in the Indian Army. A few years later I suggested to the so called salaried class of our village that let us all adopt one child each from the poorest Jat families and meet their education expenditure for at least upto the 10th standard. You know the reply I got "Baith ja re fauji. Thara dimag te uoon bhi ghutne mein sa. Too teen chaaran ne fauj mein bharti kara de ne".

Basically what I am getting at is that it is easy to quote from history but the fact remains that we are one community whose record of helping out the poorest amongst us is rather dismal.

We have to find our own solutions to the problems of our society. Help each other in daily life instead of giving lectures to each other about our history. If we do not wake up now and look after our community's poor, history or no history, we will become history.

Let me hear from the members as to how we can make a difference. Otherwise 'thook bilovan se koi fayda na hai bhai'.

JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN.

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
    Mumbai

Dear Fauji,

You are absolutely right about what villagers say to some one with ideas radically different from theirs. The problem with your ideas was probably in it's abruptness or over enthusiasm. Had you changed the tack probably you would have got a few progressive people to come up with some more ideas and some progress would have been made. You did have good intentions but probably not enough perceiverence and gave up easily (assuming nothing was done for poor villagers.)

Do you remember one suggestion they gave you was to help a few boys join the army. That was quite practical and probably your area of expertise. To help some one with money is OK but the catch here is that none of us has so much money as to make any significant difference. It is true that poor student may be deprived of his/her opportunity due to lack of funds but money alone does not make good students.

What is more important than money is motivation. That is where your skills can be very useful. If you can motivate soldiers to face the bullets it should be relatively easy to motivate young children to face the difficult subjects at school. We are talking about cultural change and we all can bring it about by setting good examples and spending some time with them. While doing it our feelings should not be that of an obligation but just doing our duty as privileged person with interest of society at heart.

I may be wrong and sincerely wish some of the members here will prove that but I can not imagine any other approach as effective including monetary assistance. You can take the horse to water but can not make it drink. Horse has to be thirsty first. It is heartening to know that Jats are meeting in December to address the problem of poverty and lack of education. Some thing useful is bound to come out of this meeting and we all can participate through this website.

Hope I have not offended our Fauji Bhai please forgive me if I did. Probably I should have been more diplomatic but then diplomacy is not our strength. Take care and care for others.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    dear dudhee uncle and all elders with due regards
    at the outset we all agree that there is difficulty chanelising our youth's energy and the same enegy more often then not , is used to fight with one's very own kunba(joint family). the problem with we jats , is that, we have a lot of energy which needs some outlet ....well,talking of sanskars ,a child is taught right since his childhood that in a fight he is not supposed to come back crying and for that he is going to face the music back home too .personally ...i am of the belief that this develops a strong will and elevates a child to be a fighter in life , develops a sense of winning and be strong in the face of adversaries.
    Now ...when the same child when not given a right kind of education and avenues gets sucked into the negetivity of life due to overflowing energy . he has learned to win at all cost ..and what kind of competition we offer to him..... cheating competition , smoking competition , gambling , drinking and a whole list of evils as brought out by dudee ji.as ponited by sheron uncle the fault lies in the not only education system, but also in the motivation level . this is what happens at a village school .....the school principal is told at the start of education yr...".madam u dont come to the school ,and , u can ask ur teachers also to have a field day , only thing we would request ( light yrs away from real request) u is to look other way when the exam is in progress".
    the key lies in solving our education system which in turn can keep away the bigger evils and prepares one to choose between right and the wrong ( which is so very dynamic and should be otherwise).there are two solution i often remmember me thinking.
    firstly.....
    1)the education up to 12 std should be made completely state financed in tendum with following
    a)open district boarding schools on the lines of sanik school
    b) educate panchayat to discourage/penalising people who interfere in school activities
    c) educate panchayat and the village about what education can do to them and why it is imp to them .
    d) motivate teacher ,... by incresing pay and allowances and otherwise

second ...ask current private schools to adopt one-one village each and hold them accountable . towards this
    a) fortunate people of jatland can have more participation by motivating their own village kids
    b) the involvement is more important then the financial part.
    c) have grading system till 10/12 th instead fo existing board examination
    malik sahab i understand ur frustation regarding just talking and doin nothing but all good thing start from a good conversation and infact jat aadmi je bolna seekh le te 50 percent problem to wasie hi solve ho jayeege . at times even i feel that i am just making castle in the air , but then dreams are as important and sequel to the actual accomplishment.

Dear Dudeeji, Sheorayan Bhai and Ramesh,

Thakyou for joining in the meanigful dialouge started by Dudeeji. Sheorayan bhai, there is no question of being offended. No way. Till the time we all 'agree to disagree', nothing would be achieved.

The fact remains that changing the thinking of Panchayats, Groups, Institutions would take ages. It is easy to change one's own thinking and then convince your near and dear one's.

Let us see what other mambers have to say on this and how we can make a difference.

JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

Jagmohan

Dear Dharam pal sir...

First of all congrats for such an eye opening story.
    Here i think all the problems are related to the unawareness of our modern society.Hamare jaisa naya khoon hi kuch karna nahin chahta!!iske liye naujawanon ko aage badhna chahiye aur aap jaise experienced logon ko margdarshan ,tabhi hum log in evils se lad payenge....
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

Dear All,

Thanks for positive contributions. What we need to start with is some role models for children to follow. Nothing succeeds like success. Each one of us can spend as much time as possible in his village and spend time with school children, their teachers and parents. Young people are usually impatient and can not wait for the results. It is not going to happen in a day but if enough people are motivated we can reasonably expect to see reversal of downward spiralling ethics curve for future Jats.

Make as many plans as you like, spend as much money as you like but if the environment is not conducive to character building one can not dream about raising good and responsible citizens on whose shoulders society can rest and progress. As long as our drivers are greed, hate and love for easy life we remain spiritually weaklings. It is through self discipline and controlling of our negative emotions we can become healthy and happy. Happy person is himself motivated and motivates those around.

Dear Col sahib
    Welcome to the discussion and thank you for contribution.
    I agree we should help each other. I and other are doing on personal level . But be need more positive joint effort and get united for common cause of progress of our community.
    We have very wise thought from Subhachand ji, Ramesh and Vikrant.
    Fauji Bhai to ham sabhi han. Navy wala ya Army wala. Vikrant aur INS MYSORE per to sabhi ghum chokay han.
    Change , progress and charity start from with in and from home.
    Yes we need guide, Role models, good worker, Unity. dream, plan and wise action now.
    This is need of the hour. Let us try
    God bless you all in your noble mission.

Dear all
    Here God gives us a Role model

Men often become what they believe themselves to be.If I believe I
    can do some thing,it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I
    believe I can,then I acquire the ability to do it even if I do not
    have it in the beginning.
    MAHATMA GANDHI

Give us a Role Model
    Nation,s wealth is the young generation of the country. When they
    grow, they are the role models. Parents and school teachers play a
    very important part as a role models. When the child grows, the role
    models will be national leaders of quility and integrity in every
    field including politics,the sciences technology and industry.
    Let us all try to be role models of future generation.

GOD BLESS WISDOM TO ALL
    DHARMPAL

s a role model

DEAR FRIENDS
    > I HAVE A SWEET DREAM OTHER NIGHT.
    > DREAM, DREAM, MORE DREAMS ALL NIGHT.
    >
    > DREAM TRANSFER INTO THOUGHTS
    > AND THOUGHTS RESULT IN ACTION.
    > SO WE NEED MORE DREAMS
    > MORE THOUGHTS
    > MORE ACTIONS.
    > HERE ARE THE LEAD THOUGHTS.
    >
    > SPIRITUALITY MUST BE INTEGRATED WITH EDUCATION.
    > SELF-REALIZATION IS THE FOCUS.
    > EACH ONE OF US MUST BECOME AWARE OF OUR HIGHER SELF.
    > WE ARE LINKS OF A GREAT PAST TO A GRAND FUTURE.
    > WE SHOULD IGNITE OUR DORMANT INNER ENERGY AND LET
    > IT GIUDE OUR
    > LIVES.
    > THE RADIANCE OF SUCH MINDS EMBARKED ON CONSTRUCTIVE
    > ENDEAVOUR WILL
    > BRING PEACE, PROSPERITY AND BLISS TO OUR MOTHER
    > EARTH AND THE WORLD.
    > WE MUST ACT NOW
    > THIS IS THE NEEDS OF THE HOUR.
    > YOUR DREAMS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE.
    >
    This is my dream and vision for future for our great community and the world.
    Dharmpal