Thread: Contribution of JATs in SPORTS

Contribution of JATs in SPORTS

Would be appreciated if all of us can post more information about the JATs who have contributed their efforts to earn name/ fame/glory for India and themselves in Sports
    ………please let us know more……….

Just Action Taker

I commanded 2nd Battalion The Rajputana Rifles. The battalion had produced remarkable sportsmen and had won the Regimental Championship for almost two decades at stretch. The Battalion is proud of producing good sportsmen from the Jat Community. I would like to mention about only one here. The name is Hony Nb Sub Jagbir Singh Teotia. He belongs to a village near Palwal. He won the National Open Marathon Championship in 1971. He represented India in commonwealth games. The wonderful trophy won by him is a proud possession of the Battalion and is displayed at the entrance of the Officers Mess. Jagbir's son is also in the same battalion and had participated in Athletics. The most important thing about Jagbir had been his disciplined dedication to his sport and his simplicity inspite of achieving such a feat. Jagbir now works for a bank in New Delhi. His address can be obtained from the Battalion.

1. My wife Anita Dalal (pre marriage Tokas) who is at present the coach of indian lady judo team. she has won many international medals in judo. Moreover one of her student is Arjun Awardee.

2. My wife's cha cha (uncle) Khazan Singh Tokas who brought honor to india by winning medals is 1982 asiad in swimming.

3. Satpal an international wrestler from my village Mandauthi.

Recently Mr. Chautala has given a lot of cash awards to the medal winning sportpersons from Haryana. I believe most of them are Jats. Can someone give that list here?